Member: #9126

4/19/2024  3:23 PM
martin wrote:Mitch gotta be ready and able to feast

Yup

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0

4/19/2024  3:31 PM
Embiid listed as questionable for game 1. Some talking heads were speculating they would try to get him 5 days off by sitting game 1.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/19/2024  4:04 PM
DLeethal wrote:Embiid listed as questionable for game 1. Some talking heads were speculating they would try to get him 5 days off by sitting game 1.

Smart.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2024  4:08 PM
Hell ****ing YES

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2024  4:18 PM
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
Knicks winning and Jalen putting up gaudy numbers has earned a lot of respect.
I find some have issues with any women speaking up? Ok.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

nalod that was kind of an a-hole response suggesting the doris criticism has to do with her gender. Where does that come from?

I listened to her Bulls game where she was critical of the knicks not chewing up clock, even though they were in lead and doing what they did all game/season long. Taking quality open shots. I thought it was stupid

A more objective analysis (regardless of gender) would have been -- Knicks are doing what they've done all season (i.e., in which they beat essentially all expectations of us media types especially with all key injuries); I Doris Burke would have done things differently. I would have run down the clock where in the last few seconds it's a lot easier for the defense to focus eg on Jalen who will probably shoot it at that point and traded a lousier shot opportunity for the seconds killed

and we all know if the Knicks lost there would have been some "I told you so" commentary, but when the Knicks won there was no "Thibs is right again" commentary

She does that in all the games she calls. She is not my favorite because of this. They all do it to some extent. Clyde does it. But Clyde is Clyde and I get that. Sometimes my feed only allows for other teams broadcast and they are very complimentary of the knicks. They have reason to. They are also educating their viewship of the opponent.
She is not all together wrong. You and I watch more knick games than she does. I get it, you get it, and sometimes she is wrong.
They all are. Breen calls knick games all seasons but he is not the color commentator.
Richard Jeff was a knick hater. I don't get that vibe anymore. Knicks on a national game getting beaten badly and JVG would just berate them. It was often justified.
Twice Doris said "since Knicks passed Bucks, Should Jalen be 1st team over Giannis?". twice......If your a bucks fans your really turned off on such talk! Giannis is Former MVP and a Champion! "What has Jalen done".....

Look, your not wrong about her comment. But she does that **** all the time. Im not saying you, but a few guys here really don't like anything any women has said.

Via Wiki:

Burke began her broadcasting career in 1990 as an analyst for women's games for her alma mater on radio. That same year, Burke began working in the same role on Big East Women's games on television, and in 1996 she began working Big East men's games.[6]
Burke has been working for ESPN in various positions since 1991. She has been a part of ESPN's coverage of the WNBA.[6] For many years, Burke was the primary radio and television voice of the New York Liberty. In 2003, she was named to ESPN's men's college basketball coverage working with Dick Vitale and began working the sidelines for ESPN and ABC for their coverage of the NBA beginning with the 2003–04 NBA season.
In 2000, Burke became the first woman to be a commentator for a New York Knicks game on radio and on television; she is also the first woman to be a commentator for a Big East men's game, and the first woman to be the primary commentator on a men's college basketball conference package.[2] From 2009 to 2019, Burke served as a sideline reporter for the NBA Finals on ABC, and worked as an analyst in select regular season and playoff games until 2017.[12]

She played the game and succeeded in college. And she made history with knicks broadcast.
Now, Im not saying I love the way she comments games. Same For JVG. I loved him as a coach but found his act of the disingenuous "outrage"! tiring after a while. As for Jax, I was ok with is contribution's but could care less about him coaching the knicks.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/19/2024  5:21 PM
martin wrote:Hell ****ing YES

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2024  5:55 PM
I’m pumped

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/19/2024  9:27 PM
I know we can’t and shouldn’t do this- but Sixers barely squeaked by the Heat who manhandled the Bulls without Butler- those same Bulls put up a stout effort against us earlier and we have struggled with them all year.

I know it might be a match up thing.

DLeethal

4/19/2024  9:46 PM
franco12 wrote:I know we can’t and shouldn’t do this- but Sixers barely squeaked by the Heat who manhandled the Bulls without Butler- those same Bulls put up a stout effort against us earlier and we have struggled with them all year.

That kind of math doesn’t work in the NBA.

For example:

Knicks beat a full health 76ers squad by 40 while Embiid was in midst of his arguably his best stretch of his career.

Later on Knicks lost to 76ers while they were missing both Embiid and Maxey

Maxey came back the following game and Knicks blow them out by 20+

NBA doesn’t always make sense

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/19/2024  10:21 PM
martin wrote:Hell ****ing YES

Embiid is t very good with the new whistles the refs been using. Without the FT line to bail him out, gonna have a tough time in NY.

This is the Randle.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/20/2024  6:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/20/2024  7:44 AM
Vs. the 76ers it all comes down to Embiid.

Embiid is most dangerous from the foul line so the trick is to keep him off of it. Knicks can't overreact if he uses his width to roll past guys. Most of the battle will take place before the entry pass when IHart and Robinson can try to keep him as far from the basket as possible.

We all spent half the season salivating about what the defense will look like when Robinson comes back. In 10 games back Robinson is -20. I'm really hoping that the week off has given Robinson some time to improve his conditioning but more importantly his timing with the bench squad. Maybe Thibs has some tricks up his sleeve and will reinstate Mitchell as the starter where he seemed more effective. Obviously you want IHart closing games but if Robinson isn't able to dominate in his minutes, things look more iffy for New York. Remember, Robinson averaged 5 offensive boards per game in the playoffs last season. The Knicks offense has been predicated on getting more shot opportunities than the other team. If Knicks can do that vs Philly, we should have a good chance.

gradyandrew

4/20/2024  6:23 AM
Embiid has averaged 4.5 turnovers per for the six games since he's been back. It makes sense since the offense runs through him and he needs some time to get his feel back. Thibs has always been reluctant to blitz guys but in Embiid's case it might make sense.
gradyandrew

4/20/2024  7:55 AM
Finally I think the biggest factor will be that only Tyrese Paul Reed and Embiid have contracts for next season. You can make the argument that guys hitting free agency are more incentived to ball out in the playoffs but are guys with long established NBA careers like Batum Harris Lowry and Oubre really going to be willing to risk injury diving into the stands for loose balls? I just don't see it.
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/20/2024  8:35 AM
Nalod wrote:
Chandler wrote:
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
Knicks winning and Jalen putting up gaudy numbers has earned a lot of respect.
I find some have issues with any women speaking up? Ok.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

nalod that was kind of an a-hole response suggesting the doris criticism has to do with her gender. Where does that come from?

I listened to her Bulls game where she was critical of the knicks not chewing up clock, even though they were in lead and doing what they did all game/season long. Taking quality open shots. I thought it was stupid

A more objective analysis (regardless of gender) would have been -- Knicks are doing what they've done all season (i.e., in which they beat essentially all expectations of us media types especially with all key injuries); I Doris Burke would have done things differently. I would have run down the clock where in the last few seconds it's a lot easier for the defense to focus eg on Jalen who will probably shoot it at that point and traded a lousier shot opportunity for the seconds killed

and we all know if the Knicks lost there would have been some "I told you so" commentary, but when the Knicks won there was no "Thibs is right again" commentary

She does that in all the games she calls. She is not my favorite because of this. They all do it to some extent. Clyde does it. But Clyde is Clyde and I get that. Sometimes my feed only allows for other teams broadcast and they are very complimentary of the knicks. They have reason to. They are also educating their viewship of the opponent.
She is not all together wrong. You and I watch more knick games than she does. I get it, you get it, and sometimes she is wrong.
They all are. Breen calls knick games all seasons but he is not the color commentator.
Richard Jeff was a knick hater. I don't get that vibe anymore. Knicks on a national game getting beaten badly and JVG would just berate them. It was often justified.
Twice Doris said "since Knicks passed Bucks, Should Jalen be 1st team over Giannis?". twice......If your a bucks fans your really turned off on such talk! Giannis is Former MVP and a Champion! "What has Jalen done".....

Look, your not wrong about her comment. But she does that **** all the time. Im not saying you, but a few guys here really don't like anything any women has said.

Via Wiki:

Burke began her broadcasting career in 1990 as an analyst for women's games for her alma mater on radio. That same year, Burke began working in the same role on Big East Women's games on television, and in 1996 she began working Big East men's games.[6]
Burke has been working for ESPN in various positions since 1991. She has been a part of ESPN's coverage of the WNBA.[6] For many years, Burke was the primary radio and television voice of the New York Liberty. In 2003, she was named to ESPN's men's college basketball coverage working with Dick Vitale and began working the sidelines for ESPN and ABC for their coverage of the NBA beginning with the 2003–04 NBA season.
In 2000, Burke became the first woman to be a commentator for a New York Knicks game on radio and on television; she is also the first woman to be a commentator for a Big East men's game, and the first woman to be the primary commentator on a men's college basketball conference package.[2] From 2009 to 2019, Burke served as a sideline reporter for the NBA Finals on ABC, and worked as an analyst in select regular season and playoff games until 2017.[12]

She played the game and succeeded in college. And she made history with knicks broadcast.
Now, Im not saying I love the way she comments games. Same For JVG. I loved him as a coach but found his act of the disingenuous "outrage"! tiring after a while. As for Jax, I was ok with is contribution's but could care less about him coaching the knicks.

Nalod the problem i have is you’re insinuating that the criticism is because the comments came from a woman

I dont think that should be thrown around lightly or else the accusation loses critical force

For sure the forum has had its share of bigots and knuckleheads and even decent people have moments of weakness and say something they later regret (or should). But i haven’t seen the Doris cricitism as being woman hating so much as disappointment from someone who used to do better and knows better

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/20/2024  8:37 AM
Knicks need to do what they do and they’ll be fine with or without Embid

I predict because of rebounding and taking care of the ball we will take more shots than them every single game. We take quality shots, we win

(5)(5)
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/20/2024  8:38 AM
DLeethal wrote:
franco12 wrote:I know we can’t and shouldn’t do this- but Sixers barely squeaked by the Heat who manhandled the Bulls without Butler- those same Bulls put up a stout effort against us earlier and we have struggled with them all year.

That kind of math doesn’t work in the NBA.

For example:

Knicks beat a full health 76ers squad by 40 while Embiid was in midst of his arguably his best stretch of his career.

Later on Knicks lost to 76ers while they were missing both Embiid and Maxey

Maxey came back the following game and Knicks blow them out by 20+

NBA doesn’t always make sense

but these are all games that happened in the last week or so.

jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
4/20/2024  8:59 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I am not worried about Embiid. We have the center stable to negate him. Maxey will be covered tough. I am more concerned with Oubre, Lowry and Hield. Those guys can be sneaky good against us

It's not Embiid you need to worry about, but rather all the whistles he will get for non-fouls.

[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy