Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/19/2024  9:26 AM
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Or watch on ESPN:

I might be in the minority but this crew has turned out to be VERY good and a nice replacement to Breen/JVG/Jax.
Doris kills me. I like JJ. I wish Bree was with Clyde but I'll take Gus.

Agree re Doris. I used to like her but somewhere along the way i find her criticism of Knicks less balanced and more orchestrated. Truly hate Mark Jones. He thinks people are tuning in to hear his tired and repetitive commentary

Well you know JJ’s going to be a little prick regarding anything Knicks and him and Doris together can be annoying as all get out. It’ll be midnight here in Sicily when the game goes live. I don’t know how you guys who live overseas do it. I’m pretty sure I won’t be catching the game live. I just wanted to add - phuvk Philly we got this in 6

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/19/2024  9:51 AM
Rookie wrote:
Chandler wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Or watch on ESPN:

I might be in the minority but this crew has turned out to be VERY good and a nice replacement to Breen/JVG/Jax.
Doris kills me. I like JJ. I wish Bree was with Clyde but I'll take Gus.

Agree re Doris. I used to like her but somewhere along the way i find her criticism of Knicks less balanced and more orchestrated. Truly hate Mark Jones. He thinks people are tuning in to hear his tired and repetitive commentary

Well you know JJ’s going to be a little prick regarding anything Knicks and him and Doris together can be annoying as all get out. It’ll be midnight here in Sicily when the game goes live. I don’t know how you guys who live overseas do it. I’m pretty sure I won’t be catching the game live. I just wanted to add - phuvk Philly we got this in 6

I always found JJ to be pretty pro-Knicks especially recently. Definitely way more thoughtful and tuned in than those who are saying "who the Knicks have who are gonna guard Joel Embiid?" while being ignorant to Hartenstein's probably top-2 defensive impact at the position this year.

Never thought of Doris as a Knicks hater either. Always found these two to be fair.

DLeethal

4/19/2024  9:52 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  9:52 AM
Gus Johnson is too cringe for me. We've been spoiled with Breen. Gus is washed up and sounds like you are listening to some low grade radio cast from like New Orleans Pelicans or something.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/19/2024  9:56 AM
DLeethal wrote:Gus Johnson is too cringe for me. We've been spoiled with Breen. Gus is washed up and sounds like you are listening to some low grade radio cast from like New Orleans Pelicans or something.

Strongly disagree. Gus is fun and has a nice chemistry with Clyde.

Doris Burke is unlistenable but I'll be at the Garden for Game 1.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/19/2024  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  10:03 AM
Breen is the best, and a good balance to Clyde's style which isn't as serious. Those two are def my fav combo.

This series is def a toss up, and much depends on health from both teams.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/19/2024  10:08 AM
DLeethal wrote:Gus Johnson is too cringe for me. We've been spoiled with Breen. Gus is washed up and sounds like you are listening to some low grade radio cast from like New Orleans Pelicans or something.

Gus is a great announcer. Wish he was back full time

DLeethal

4/19/2024  10:27 AM
SergioNYK wrote:

Strongly disagree. Gus is fun and has a nice chemistry with Clyde.

Doris Burke is unlistenable but I'll be at the Garden for Game 1.

Different strokes I suppose

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/19/2024  10:47 AM
Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
Knicks winning and Jalen putting up gaudy numbers has earned a lot of respect.
I find some have issues with any women speaking up? Ok.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

DLeethal

4/19/2024  10:54 AM
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.
I hear her, and other singing a different tune. Its not for them to expound love when that happens.
That Becky Hammon and Candace Parker talking about him is at that level and debating it is itself quite a feat.
They do make some valid points and if Jalen is to dispel the notion that small players, when the beat on a team does not carry teams to chips, well then let him prove them wrong!

Doris Burke has been gushing about Jalen and very complimentary about knicks. I find her mostly objective. Perhaps a women calling out bad play or being critical bothers some people? Knicks have not exactly been perennial playoff contributors the last 23 years and have won two series in that time. Six times in 23 years, won two series in that the. The other 4 first round bounce.
Asinine coaching hires, Isiah, the forced Walsh hire, and numerous starphuchs in that time. Isiah as Team GM? Then Grunwald with the "Isiah whisperer" post AnuchaGate, then Mills hire only to be supplanted by Phil, then back to mills?
Some bad **** on the court. What's n color announcer suppose to say when things go bad?

Yea Doris is as objective as you will find on the National circuit. Much better than someone like Richard Jefferson for example. JJ is a rising star in the world of commentary. He's really good.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2024  11:00 AM
Nalod wrote:Doris, lot other "Haters" were down on knicks because of their record or were calling a blow out game.

nalod that was kind of an a-hole response suggesting the doris criticism has to do with her gender. Where does that come from?

I listened to her Bulls game where she was critical of the knicks not chewing up clock, even though they were in lead and doing what they did all game/season long. Taking quality open shots. I thought it was stupid

A more objective analysis (regardless of gender) would have been -- Knicks are doing what they've done all season (i.e., in which they beat essentially all expectations of us media types especially with all key injuries); I Doris Burke would have done things differently. I would have run down the clock where in the last few seconds it's a lot easier for the defense to focus eg on Jalen who will probably shoot it at that point and traded a lousier shot opportunity for the seconds killed

and we all know if the Knicks lost there would have been some "I told you so" commentary, but when the Knicks won there was no "Thibs is right again" commentary

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2024  11:05 AM
DLeethal wrote:

Yea Doris is as objective as you will find on the National circuit. Much better than someone like Richard Jefferson for example. JJ is a rising star in the world of commentary. He's really good.

Jefferson is the worst and admits his bias and relishes the opportunity to be critical. So anyone is better than him

I liked Doris a couple years back but she has drifted into laziness IMO

and as far as bias goes it's not necessarily bad. I used to like Brian Scalabrine who was up there in Heinsohn (sp?) territory as far as bias goes. The difference is the delivery. The thing that pisses me off is when the analysts think we're watching the game because of them. Jefferson and Reggie Miller were like this. they were feeding the Knicks hating crowd.

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/19/2024  11:18 AM

Ban?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal

4/19/2024  11:34 AM
martin wrote:

Ban?

Did u hear his last few games? Clearly past his prime, doesn't even pronounce Hartenstein correctly and its the starting C of the home team lol

martin
USA
4/19/2024  11:35 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Ban?

Did u hear his last few games? Clearly past his prime, doesn't even pronounce Hartenstein correctly and its the starting C of the home team lol

Yeah but he and Clyde sound like two best buddies at the bar just chit chatting about the game and then Clyde is all Woof Woof and I'm dying!

DLeethal

4/19/2024  11:43 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Ban?

Yeah but he and Clyde sound like two best buddies at the bar just chit chatting about the game and then Clyde is all Woof Woof and I'm dying!

In his defense, he kind of got thrown back into the Knicks mix with like 80% of the season already completed.

Rookie

4/19/2024  11:50 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Ban?

He’s Clyde lite. Woof….woof

DLeethal

4/19/2024  11:57 AM
This guy has been putting out good playoff preview write ups. I was eager to see his take on Knicks vs Philly.

Apparently a Knicks fan but some good stuff in here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C58tXzdsWdi

I bolded the rebounding part, was not aware of this and we dominated the Cavs on this alone.

Philly's biggest question is what % Embiid will be at. He's looked good upon return, but not quite at MVP Embiid level IMO.

Either way, I think NY has proven to defend him better than most. Embiid was only available for one contest vs NY, in which the Knicks obliterated them in Philly for a 36 point win. Embiid had 30, but six turnovers. Hartenstein & Robinson can both hold their own without requiring excess help, while OG and DiVincenzo dig at his dribble, clog up passing lanes, and sneak behind when Embiid turns his back.

On the other end, Embiid's mobility will be tested in PnR against Jalen Brunson, who's become such a threatening pull-up shooter that you have to step up high on screens to avoid him raining in 3's.

Nick Nurse loves to mix in various coverages- i'm sure we'll see a heavy dose of Philly blitzing Brunson, forcing the ball out of his hands and daring the others to beat them, especially with Randle not being available to provide secondary creation.

Brunson has gotten much better at dealing with blitzes recently. He's more willing to get rid of the ball early, allow Hartenstein or Hart to make decisions in 4 on 3 short rolls, and play off the ball more. The Knicks won't have a 2nd star, but most of their rotation can make plays and hit shots to capitalize on advantages.

The non-Brunson minutes are a concern, though the same goes for a Philly team that really struggles with Embiid off the floor.

A vulnerability for Philly is their defensive rebounding. They stand 24th on the season and allowed Miami to snag 18 on Wednesday. These Knicks (namely Hart, Robinson, and Hartenstein) are maniacs on the offensive glass.

I definitely don't think the Knicks are better without Randle. But Brunson playing at this level, surrounded by shooting, elite defense, & top notch rebounding still makes for a very good team, and I think they matchup well here.

With Giannis's injury and way the Bucks look in general, i'd take the winner of this series to make the conference finals.

Other notes:
De'Anthony Melton's status is an underrated factor, as he's Philly's best option on Brunson.
-
With strong defenses and two teams that prefer to play at a slower pace, i'd expect a lower scoring series.
-
I'd like Deuce McBride to get significant minutes this series to defend Maxey. Maybe try OG on Maxey too- bother him with length, and maybe switch some Maxey-Embiid PnR.
-
These teams are better than their record shows. NY amassed 50 wins despite Randle (out for season), Anunoby, and Robinson all missing substantial time. Philly mustered 47 wins despite Embiid missing half the season.
-
Only right to note i'm a Knicks fan, so unconscious bias exists, but I do my best to analyze this fairly

martin
USA
4/19/2024  12:02 PM
DLeethal wrote:This guy has been putting out good playoff preview write ups. I was eager to see his take on Knicks vs Philly.

Apparently a Knicks fan but some good stuff in here: https://www.instagram.com/p/C58tXzdsWdi

I bolded the rebounding part, was not aware of this and we dominated the Cavs on this alone.

Philly's biggest question is what % Embiid will be at. He's looked good upon return, but not quite at MVP Embiid level IMO.

Either way, I think NY has proven to defend him better than most. Embiid was only available for one contest vs NY, in which the Knicks obliterated them in Philly for a 36 point win. Embiid had 30, but six turnovers. Hartenstein & Robinson can both hold their own without requiring excess help, while OG and DiVincenzo dig at his dribble, clog up passing lanes, and sneak behind when Embiid turns his back.

On the other end, Embiid's mobility will be tested in PnR against Jalen Brunson, who's become such a threatening pull-up shooter that you have to step up high on screens to avoid him raining in 3's.

Nick Nurse loves to mix in various coverages- i'm sure we'll see a heavy dose of Philly blitzing Brunson, forcing the ball out of his hands and daring the others to beat them, especially with Randle not being available to provide secondary creation.

Brunson has gotten much better at dealing with blitzes recently. He's more willing to get rid of the ball early, allow Hartenstein or Hart to make decisions in 4 on 3 short rolls, and play off the ball more. The Knicks won't have a 2nd star, but most of their rotation can make plays and hit shots to capitalize on advantages.

The non-Brunson minutes are a concern, though the same goes for a Philly team that really struggles with Embiid off the floor.

A vulnerability for Philly is their defensive rebounding. They stand 24th on the season and allowed Miami to snag 18 on Wednesday. These Knicks (namely Hart, Robinson, and Hartenstein) are maniacs on the offensive glass.

I definitely don't think the Knicks are better without Randle. But Brunson playing at this level, surrounded by shooting, elite defense, & top notch rebounding still makes for a very good team, and I think they matchup well here.

With Giannis's injury and way the Bucks look in general, i'd take the winner of this series to make the conference finals.

Other notes:
De'Anthony Melton's status is an underrated factor, as he's Philly's best option on Brunson.
-
With strong defenses and two teams that prefer to play at a slower pace, i'd expect a lower scoring series.
-
I'd like Deuce McBride to get significant minutes this series to defend Maxey. Maybe try OG on Maxey too- bother him with length, and maybe switch some Maxey-Embiid PnR.
-
These teams are better than their record shows. NY amassed 50 wins despite Randle (out for season), Anunoby, and Robinson all missing substantial time. Philly mustered 47 wins despite Embiid missing half the season.
-
Only right to note i'm a Knicks fan, so unconscious bias exists, but I do my best to analyze this fairly

AND Embiid isn't the fastest in tight spaces, and slower even more now with the knee thing

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/19/2024  12:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/19/2024  12:20 PM
this series def comes down to health, if Embidd is MVP level PHI can win.

But we need OG healthy as well. and hopefully MItch is 100%

Rookie

4/19/2024  1:40 PM
nycericanguy wrote:this series def comes down to health, if Embidd is MVP level PHI can win.

But we need OG healthy as well. and hopefully MItch is 100%

You know Lowry is going to be hitting OG on the elbow every chance he gets. He’ll also slide under Brunson and crowd his landing space. Not saying it’s dirty but old school. Also, why do I feel like I remember Precious doing a great job guarding Embid. If iHart gets in foul trouble I think we are good. Not so sure how Mitch matches up with their backup center whatever his name is

[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy