[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
4/20/2024  10:59 PM
I guess people no longer think the Pistons trade is a lose/lose trade anymore.
AUTOADVERT
blkexec
Member: #748
4/21/2024  12:22 AM
This may sound crazy cause Josh hart hit back to back to back 3s and put this game away BUT……

I think we need DDV out there instead of hart to spread the floor in crunch time. Hart is not confident in his shot and Philly will live or die with hart making shots. Outside of rebounding which we get from Mitch as well, DDV can guard the same players per this Philly roster built around maxey and Embiid. We need DDV, deuce, JB, OG and Bodega to remain confident in their shots down the stretch to win this series. Opens the floor for JB to operate and kick out for open 3s.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/21/2024  1:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  1:02 AM
blkexec wrote:This may sound crazy cause Josh hart hit back to back to back 3s and put this game away BUT……

I think we need DDV out there instead of hart to spread the floor in crunch time. Hart is not confident in his shot and Philly will live or die with hart making shots. Outside of rebounding which we get from Mitch as well, DDV can guard the same players per this Philly roster built around maxey and Embiid. We need DDV, deuce, JB, OG and Bodega to remain confident in their shots down the stretch to win this series. Opens the floor for JB to operate and kick out for open 3s.

I don't know where I stand on this. You're right about the spacing issues. But if Philly continue this scheme on Brunson, we'll need Hart to continue going downhill to either score or kick out. He's been Brunson's most reliable release valve. I'm sure the coaching staff will figure it out. At least I hope they will. Of course, this becomes less of an issue if DDV starts hitting shots.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/21/2024  1:32 AM
Kelly Oubre played great defense on Brunson. I'm thinking he still holds a grudge from a few years ago when he publicly was pushing to join the Knicks and we didn't make him an offer.

Buddy Hield and Tobias Harris are losing millions by the minute with their lackluster play. This will be big going forward as Philly can't really be relying on Kyle Lowry to be the third guy on offense.

Knicks had two guys over 37 minutes while Philly had 4. Knicks had 23 offensive rebounds vs. 24 defensive rebounds for Philly. Looking at Philly's roster, it doesn't seem like they have too many options to solve that problem.

One thing I overlooked, Robinson has more playoff experience than I Hart. I'm not sure how This is going to play them going forward but it definitely seemed like Robinson did a much better job on Embiid.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/21/2024  3:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  3:56 AM
DLeethal wrote:Embiid had surgery and has reinjured his surgically repaired knee twice in a week. They trying to kill this guy lol. I guess props to him for toughing it out. Looks like old man Ewing trotting up and down the court and having 10 ice bags on both knees on the bench.

What's the end goal for Philly ? The risk vs reward doesn't add up as far as Embid long term health if he is truly injured. So if he is on the court I don't want to hear he is injured or limited. They should shut him down if he is injured. Hey, if we could Id love to have 75 percent of Julius off the bench but we won't have him. Too bad so sad for Philly but we didnt make excuses all season with our injuries. BTW what is the furthest he has gone in the playoffs in his career anyway ?

Alpha1971

4/21/2024  4:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  4:09 AM
Clean wrote:I guess people no longer think the Pistons trade is a lose/lose trade anymore.

Depth depth depth !!!! Teams knew they needed depth Incase Randall didn't return and even if Julius had returned Bogs could still have been useful off the bench with his shot. I argued this point all preseason and all season " Just because you may have a set 8 or 9 man rotation you still need depth incase of injury, match ups, or foul trouble. Fornier was unplayable and Grimes was not contributing. Grimes regressed and must have been acting selfishly that Thibs soured on him. Team viewed Grimes skill set as replaceable and it was so. Too bad Burks has been disappointing but he is still on the team and practicing so maybe he will surface later and make a contribution to a win and completely redeem the trade

blkexec
Member: #748
4/21/2024  6:18 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Embiid had surgery and has reinjured his surgically repaired knee twice in a week. They trying to kill this guy lol. I guess props to him for toughing it out. Looks like old man Ewing trotting up and down the court and having 10 ice bags on both knees on the bench.

What's the end goal for Philly ? The risk vs reward doesn't add up as far as Embid long term health if he is truly injured. So if he is on the court I don't want to hear he is injured or limited. They should shut him down if he is injured. Hey, if we could Id love to have 75 percent of Julius off the bench but we won't have him. Too bad so sad for Philly but we didnt make excuses all season with our injuries. BTW what is the furthest he has gone in the playoffs in his career anyway ?

The bold was my exact words during a conversation I had prior to the playoffs. Even if Philly gets past us, you now have a beat up Embiid going into the Celtic series. They not going past them with him beat up by our bigs. That’s my thoughts prior to game one.

After game one and the way Embiid is looking, he’s causing more long term damage and opportunity. I used to say Embiid is that superstar we need. Now I’m thinking he’s damaged goods. We need to look elsewhere.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/21/2024  6:47 AM
Oubre is looking like what we hoped Can Reddish would be. Good win for our boys. Knicks doing work, team effort, team win. Deuce and Mitch with 200% effort. Love this team
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/21/2024  7:14 AM
Was awesome to see clutch shooting from hart deuce bogey and Mitch,s free throws!!

My suspicion is that if they continue to guard Brunson w their 3s and 4s we’re going to see a lot of bogey guarded small and he’ll need to punish them

Also we should run. Wear out embid Batam and Lowry

(5)(5)
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/21/2024  7:25 AM
Chandler wrote:Was awesome to see clutch shooting from hart deuce bogey and Mitch,s free throws!!

My suspicion is that if they continue to guard Brunson w their 3s and 4s we’re going to see a lot of bogey guarded small and he’ll need to punish them

Good obv with Bogey. Maybe that’s what Thibs saw to put him in the game so early. I believe he went in with 4 mins still left in first quarter and nearly played all the way through halftime.

Alpha1971

4/21/2024  7:25 AM
Chandler wrote:Was awesome to see clutch shooting from hart deuce bogey and Mitch,s free throws!!

We had 20 more rebounds. Next game Philly will be crashing the boards leaving them vulnerable in other areas.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/21/2024  7:39 AM
technomaster wrote:

What was up with the blood on his knee pad?

yea shades of Curt Schilling.

Embid does not look like he can last an entire series let alone the entire playoffs if they advance. Seems reckless to be playing him, was kind of sad to watch him move.

Safe to say I don't think he's the star we should trade for unless it were cheap. Can't count on him.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/21/2024  7:41 AM
OG's first game with a negative +/-.

Our two top scorers shot 11 for 36.

Kudos to the bench, they won this game. Mitch reminding everyone that we don't win last years series against CLE without him, he's still a beast and rounding back into shape.

And Deuce... I mean not sure what you can say, I would never have envisioned him being the best player on the court in a playoff game. His ascension is like nothing i've seen before, I completely forgot about DDV yesterday.

Alpha1971

4/21/2024  7:42 AM
Philly rumored to want to get Paul George. Yet, why would Paul George leave the often injured Clippers Kawqi Leonard to play with often injured Embid ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
4/21/2024  8:26 AM
not sure if this has been posted to the thread yet or not..

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/21/2024  9:34 AM
blkexec wrote:This may sound crazy cause Josh hart hit back to back to back 3s and put this game away BUT……

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:40 AM

martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/21/2024  9:42 AM

martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:43 AM
Ready for the game, and now ready to step out for the night

martin
USA
4/21/2024  9:44 AM
So nice

[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy