Probably 🤤

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/18/2024  2:55 PM
I am not worried about Embiid. We have the center stable to negate him. Maxey will be covered tough. I am more concerned with Oubre, Lowry and Hield. Those guys can be sneaky good against us
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/18/2024  2:56 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Or watch on ESPN:

I might be in the minority but this crew has turned out to be VERY good and a nice replacement to Breen/JVG/Jax.
Doris kills me. I like JJ. I wish Bree was with Clyde but I'll take Gus.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/18/2024  3:34 PM
NYKBocker wrote:I am not worried about Embiid. We have the center stable to negate him. Maxey will be covered tough. I am more concerned with Oubre, Lowry and Hield. Those guys can be sneaky good against us

Luckily we have Hart, OG, and DDV

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/18/2024  3:42 PM
Not sure how bad Caruso injury is but I thunk the Bulls are going to give anyone they play a very tough game.

They are functioning well right now - they can run 4 solid offensive players White, DeRozan, Vuc and Dusomo (sp?) out there + Caruso.

If they knock off Heat the Celtics are going to have a wrestling match on their hands.

LivingLegend

4/18/2024  3:45 PM
martin wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I am not worried about Embiid. We have the center stable to negate him. Maxey will be covered tough. I am more concerned with Oubre, Lowry and Hield. Those guys can be sneaky good against us

Luckily we have Hart, OG, and DDV

I agree on Oubre, Lowry, Hield and now Batum + T Harris (future Knick 🙂) not being mentioned

LivingLegend

4/18/2024  3:48 PM
Paul Reed running his mouth when I seem to recall Precious stole his lunch last time we played.

Refs better keep those whistles quiet on Embid/Maxey and not revert to a light breeze equals a foul.

martin
USA
4/18/2024  5:21 PM
LivingLegend

4/18/2024  5:33 PM
Anyone see something on Bogey having ortho procedure on left wrist?

Not sure if I was dreaming but can’t find it now.

martin
USA
4/18/2024  6:40 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Anyone see something on Bogey having ortho procedure on left wrist?

Nada

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/18/2024  7:38 PM
VDesai wrote:I think if Embiid is hobbled, the biggest difference will show up on defense. He's either not gonna come up from the foul line to challenge a pull up (Herro missed a lot of open pull ups last night, that Brunson won't miss), or he's not gonna offer much at the rim protection. Knicks will play the 2 man game with Brunson and Hartenstein. Remember Hartenstein had a huge game the night we beat them by 30 in Philly.

However, I still think the key to this series for us is containing Maxey's drives. To some extent OG will see time on Maxey, but I really want to see Deuce play a big role this series. Deuce is a better matchup on Maxey than DDV. DDV is aggressive and gambles great in lanes, but against a guy who relentlessly drives the ball like Maxey he is a bad matchup. DDV is a key to this team, but I wouldn't mind a more aggressive split of minutes for Deuce at the expense of DDV because I think it tilts the defensive matchup in our favor.

On Embiid, if he's slowed up like he looked last night, I would try to stick to one on one coverage with Hartenstein/Robinson and Achiuwa (I'm using Precious as a 3rd center more than I'm using him as a PF in this series). OG can come over to hedge when needed - I think you can leave Oubre and Harris and see if they can beat you on 3's - I don't think they can.

+1 on pretty much everything. :)

I can't really say if his knee isn't right or if he's just out of shape. He's moving sort of like with Mitch since his return - half a step slow and isn't as purposeful in his movements on the floor. I think tentative is the word. It was still good enough for 23/15 on offense. Embiid showed he can still be effective on offense, though perhaps without the full arsenal. I agree on the defensive end.

The knee will probably be more of a problem when he has to be make sudden, unscripted adjustments on D... AND... simply getting up and down the court. We have the right style of play to make Embiid work hard, hobbled or not.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/18/2024  7:41 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Anyone see something on Bogey having ortho procedure on left wrist?

Nada

Last thing I saw was that he was going to try and play through it.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
technomaster
USA
4/18/2024  7:57 PM
Did you know that:
Nic Batum averaged 5.3ppg this year and finished the regular season with *ZERO* 20 point games all season until yesterday's play-in game? Worth noting, in his first round series with the Clippers 2022-23, he scored 22 total points over 5 games, playing over 18mpg.

That guy saved their season. What we saw was highly unusual - I suppose the Heat rightfully could not have predicted that.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/18/2024  8:08 PM
technomaster wrote:Did you know that:
Nic Batum averaged 5.3ppg this year and finished the regular season with *ZERO* 20 point games all season until yesterday's play-in game? Worth noting, in his first round series with the Clippers 2022-23, he scored 22 total points over 5 games, playing over 18mpg.

That guy saved their season. What we saw was highly unusual - I suppose the Heat rightfully could not have predicted that.

This could mean if Burks ever saw some time he might produce a big game

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/18/2024  8:08 PM
technomaster wrote:Did you know that:

Batum is actually a really good player. He's just old so he lets the youngins do the heavy lifting as much as possible, but he's a more than capable scorer. He's not getting 20 a night vs. us but he might get 20 one game.

OF all these guys I mentioned: Oubre, Tobias, Lowry and a bench of Batum, Hield, Reed

Batum and Lowry are the most dangerous, especially in short spurts. Those are the two guys (aside from Joel/Maxey) who scare you in crunch time. They got a lot of tricks.

End of the day I feel great about our physical matchups and our energy and conditioning and style of play vs. their age and current state of the roster (#1 being Embiid looking gimpy)

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
technomaster
USA
4/18/2024  10:14 PM
fishmike wrote:Batum is actually a really good player. He's just old so he lets the youngins do the heavy lifting as much as possible, but he's a more than capable scorer. He's not getting 20 a night vs. us but he might get 20 one game.

OF all these guys I mentioned: Oubre, Tobias, Lowry and a bench of Batum, Hield, Reed

Batum and Lowry are the most dangerous, especially in short spurts. Those are the two guys (aside from Joel/Maxey) who scare you in crunch time. They got a lot of tricks.

End of the day I feel great about our physical matchups and our energy and conditioning and style of play vs. their age and current state of the roster (#1 being Embiid looking gimpy)

Batum was one of Ntilikina's possible outcomes - though no one thought peak Frank would basically be 35 year old over the hill Batum. He'll never live down the $120m that Jordan gave him to take the next step into superstardom (though he'll have 120m reasons to sleep well every night). Yeah, he's useful.

The guy that scares me most is 38 year old Lowry. His hard-nosed style of play is sure to put at least one of our players on the injury report. The question is whether he'll end up on the injury report (by pushing his old body too far) or if he'll put a Knick or two on the report first.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
4/18/2024  11:26 PM
martin wrote:Probably 🤤

I mean, you get to pick a NY food and you go with Pastrami? I mean, it’s good, but you ever tried pizza?

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971

4/19/2024  12:19 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:Probably 🤤

I mean, you get to pick a NY food and you go with Pastrami? I mean, it’s good, but you ever tried pizza?

Chop cheese from the Arab store in the city. Or egg, ham, cheese on a roll.

Alpha1971

4/19/2024  4:25 AM
Key player will be Josh Hart this series. If he rebounds plays great D, attacks on fast breaks, and shoots from deep with confidence and at a decent clip he will tip the scale and make it easier on OG and Brunson
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/19/2024  8:45 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Or watch on ESPN:

I might be in the minority but this crew has turned out to be VERY good and a nice replacement to Breen/JVG/Jax.
Doris kills me. I like JJ. I wish Bree was with Clyde but I'll take Gus.

Agree re Doris. I used to like her but somewhere along the way i find her criticism of Knicks less balanced and more orchestrated. Truly hate Mark Jones. He thinks people are tuning in to hear his tired and repetitive commentary

(5)(5)
[GT 4/20/24 6PM] R1G1 Knicks vs Sixers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy