Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/17/2024  10:16 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:Snubbed 2.0

The Big Ragu I has played enough games but did not meet the 20 minute of play time per game to qualify for MIP award. He fell just a bit short. Weird rule but they exist for a reason.
My guess is those games were earlier in the season coming off the bench.

iHart will not be eligible either for the award either.

These are no subjective. The rules existed before the season. Not an anti knick bias.

Weird rule exists for first time and just needs to be adjusted.

Perhaps avg. minutes played or total should be the criteria?
I think the rule was more for purposes of preventing players from sitting and screwing fans, and such awards being benchmarks for contracts.
Seems silly as DDV missed the minute thing by such a small margin.

What is the argument against Maxey?

Does the award consider career or previous seasons vs. current? Statistical career avg. vs. current season?
I'd have to think DDV would be at or near the top. His assists and rebounding is down this year.
His PPG is up about 5pts per game, so is Maxey's.
Truth be told, Jalen should get high consideration and one might argue his improvement over Maxey's?
Both non allstar to that and All NBA. Who will get more MVP votes?

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/17/2024  3:48 PM
Nalod wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I could care less about any of these awards - they are mostly baloney anyway.

Sure they are nice - yada yada but Jalen's legacy will come down to the playoffs and how far he can drag us.

I do think though that the Olympic snub may result in Jalen putting some 40's on people in the playoffs.

Being included on an olympic team is not an award. Its an opportunity.
That the team did not succeed last summer might have something to do with it?
IN two years they will play the FIBA cup thing again and perhaps he'll have an another opportunity.
As said I too believe its both his type of game and that others have put in more time in the past.
Winning olympic gold is no guarantee anymore but its a nice accomplishment and one that can matter towards HOF enshrinement. An NBA chip would help that a lot!

I do think earning invites to Olympics or FIBA can be beneficial on many fronts - skill development, confidence, recruitment, etc. I was talking more about all star voting, player of the weeks and all nba stuff — yes all nice but really when you get down to it everything comes down to is he healthy and playing well.

So not disagreeing Nalod.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/22/2024  3:21 PM
Most improved. I get that DDV was not there by the silly rule and how it fell on him. Shame.
As for COY? curious where Thibs lands in total voting but the others were worthy. We think he did a great job thru injuries. Maybe others see our depth. WE see a coach who had a major trade mid year but maybe others see it as a "Good job", not as amazing.
Knicks finished 3 games better than last year.
Orlando 13 games better.
Thunder 17 games better.

Its an award thats a bit subjective and perhaps year to year increases are not entirely fair but if its used I can understand. Knicks won 47 last year to this years 50.

Snubbed

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy