[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Heat or 76ers - who would you rather play?
Author Thread
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
4/15/2024  4:19 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:all I can say is be careful what you ask for

We are getting one of them anyway.

Knicks_Fan
AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/15/2024  4:21 PM
Knicksfan wrote:No poll?

Missed opportunity!

We have beef with both, but oooooohhhhhhhhhh how beautiful life is when a Knicks team beats and eliminates a Heat team!

Ugh, can I edit one in?

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/15/2024  4:23 PM
I don't ****ing care. We busting everyone in the mouth. OG, IHart, Big Mitch, Precious, JOsh, DDV and Deuce will shut everyone down.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/15/2024  8:22 PM
As long as neither team also has the refs, I am good. But if we have to play 5 on 8 like we did against the Heat last year, it’s gonna be rough no matter who we play. If we can play hard nosed defense without getting called for every sniffle, I think we can make a good run this year.
This is the Randle.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/15/2024  11:26 PM
Short of a championship, Philly's roster will look very different come next season. Miami had had the same core for four years. If the Knicks can convincingly beat the Heat, it might prompt the team to take next year off to retool. Riley has always been willing to let franchise legends walk once their time is up. So even though the Heat are the more dangerous of the two, I think beating them is more meaningful. On the other hand, if we lose, it might call for a different direction over the offseason.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/15/2024  11:27 PM
Maybe time the body count goes the other way this year? Jimmy steps on someones foot? Bam gets his shoulder tangled with Sims on a rebound? You know "Tings" happen, right? Maybe Scary Terry gets a flat tire? Duncan Robinson gets off the plane with a bag of blow and there is a nice doggie waiting for him? Yeah, funny how that Glock got in Riley's carry on bag?
Most unfortunate circumstances?
Spo? Nice guy. Maybe wakes up next to a 16 year old girl who has Dick Picks of him on her phone? Hey, we all adults here?
Knicks in 5.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/16/2024  6:38 AM
Forget about the matchups. At a visceral level, I want the Heat and want revenge. Important to conquer your demons.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/16/2024  8:18 AM
I think we are better than either team in a 7 game series. Jimmy looked a step slow this year and another year older . Plus they lost most of their snipers who killed us last year. Bam is one of the dirtiest players in the league. They scare me more than the 76ers but still think we come on top. Other than embiid no one on the 76ers scares me, we match up really well vs them. We probably have the best tandem in the league to give embiid hell in I hart and Mitch ….

I want the 76ers

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/16/2024  8:24 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:As long as neither team also has the refs, I am good. But if we have to play 5 on 8 like we did against the Heat last year, it’s gonna be rough no matter who we play. If we can play hard nosed defense without getting called for every sniffle, I think we can make a good run this year.

Agreed the refs were so one sided in that series it should have sparked an investigation by the nba … they gift wrapped that series for the heat. Kinda like how the refs and the nba tried to make Roy freakin Hibbert the next big star in Melos 54 win season. That was on the same level as last years heat series .

I hope the refs call a fair playoffs for once but I’m not holding my breath

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/16/2024  12:52 PM
Todd, who of the two rivals have finer cheerleaders?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/16/2024  2:20 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Todd, who of the two rivals have finer cheerleaders?

6ers aren't bad, but I'm going Miami 10/10. Speaking of Miami cheerleaders, Dolan should give Spo's ex court side tickets next to the opposing bench if we play Miami.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/16/2024  3:54 PM
i'd prefer to play the Sixers because the Heat have a tendency to get other players injured (Randle being an example). SOme might say dirty (see Bam at times)

If we play the Heat it will be all the more fun when we win, but I will worry a lot about their tactics

(5)(5)
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/16/2024  4:03 PM
Fact is if Joel is healthy the 76's are a problem.
Heat are just not that good this year.
Im rooting for 76ers to lose the first game and give us the Heat. Then win up and play Boston and Beat them!!!!!
Embiid really going to last through two series to the ECF's without that knee or back acting up?
Fucking Cav's tanked the last game. Shameful!
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/16/2024  5:02 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Todd, who of the two rivals have finer cheerleaders?

6ers aren't bad, but I'm going Miami 10/10. Speaking of Miami cheerleaders, Dolan should give Spo's ex court side tickets next to the opposing bench if we play Miami.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/16/2024  10:50 PM
I'm not wishing for either - just bracing to play whoever wins and understanding each game will come close to tearing our hearts out win or lose.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/17/2024  7:56 AM
Why Knicks should be rooting for playoff matchup with Heat team that’s haunted them
By Social Links forStefan Bondy

As crazy as it sounds after the Knicks were eliminated last year in South Beach, their clear rooting interest for Wednesday’s play-in game between Miami and Philadelphia — with the winner heading to face the Knicks in the first round — should be the Heat.

And the main reason, which is so obvious it feels lame to type, is Joel Embiid. The reigning MVP was having his best season before undergoing knee surgery, and he returned to propel the Sixers back into the contending conversation. Philly, which hosts the Heat, is a completely different team when Embiid is in uniform, a bona fide threat in the East.

Its record with Embiid this season? 31-8.

Without? 16-27.

That’s the difference between the second seed and the draft lottery.

“[The Knicks] have no answer for Joel,” a longtime NBA executive said.

The Heat never had coaching problems, but personnel is an issue. They can’t score when it matters. Tyler Herro, who was supposed to be a huge lift to the offense after missing last year’s playoffs, has been a dud in the clutch while shooting 37 percent in fourth quarters. The Heat, not coincidentally, own the Eastern Conference’s worst net rating in fourth quarters. They’ve clammed up.

Can they flip a switch in the playoffs? Sure. Miami has done it before. As Spoelstra said Sunday, “The playoffs will let us know.”

Embiid’s ability to hit outside shots draws Knicks centers away from the basket, and the Knicks prefer a drop coverage because rim protection is high on the Thibs’ Commandments. Embiid, if at full strength and hitting his shots, destroys that shape.

He’s a handful the Knicks want to avoid. It’s a rare time their fans should be rooting for the Heat.

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/sports/knicks-should-be-rooting-for-playoff-matchup-with-heat/

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/17/2024  8:09 AM
As we get closer to finding out who are going to have to play on Saturday, I'm getting more and more frustrated. Usually a 50 win 2nd seed season means a cake walk in the first round. It just doesn't seem right we have to play the equivalent of a ECF difficulty in round one. If Embiid played 70 games, Philly would have had that 2nd seed. They are AWFUL with him. They wouldn't even have made the play in without him. And he's back. He's not 100% as we know but even at 75% he is a problem.

And we all know about Miami. That franchise has owned us the last few decades. Even as recently as earlier this month at the Garden. And last year in the playoffs they could have easily and probably should have swept us. Do not get fooled by their lackluster regular season. They don't care about it. Playoff Butler is a real thing. We have the best defender in the league in OG but Playoff Butler cannot be stopped. And Spoelstra just figures things out on the fly. Look, I hate this franchise and want revenge but I'm not sure we have the squad and this is the right time for it to happen.

Personally hoping it's Philly. Although we'll be underdogs against either team. We're really going to have to play our A game.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/17/2024  8:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/17/2024  8:15 AM
Based on past performance and results. Philly
Miami has a big edge on us mentally after last years playoff win.

However, if we want to be an elite team, it should not matter who we play.
I don't really care.
I am just anxious to see how much better we really are.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/17/2024  8:33 AM
SergioNYK wrote:As we get closer to finding out who are going to have to play on Saturday, I'm getting more and more frustrated. Usually a 50 win 2nd seed season means a cake walk in the first round. It just doesn't seem right we have to play the equivalent of a ECF difficulty in round one. If Embiid played 70 games, Philly would have had that 2nd seed. They are AWFUL with him. They wouldn't even have made the play in without him. And he's back. He's not 100% as we know but even at 75% he is a problem.

And we all know about Miami. That franchise has owned us the last few decades. Even as recently as earlier this month at the Garden. And last year in the playoffs they could have easily and probably should have swept us. Do not get fooled by their lackluster regular season. They don't care about it. Playoff Butler is a real thing. We have the best defender in the league in OG but Playoff Butler cannot be stopped. And Spoelstra just figures things out on the fly. Look, I hate this franchise and want revenge but I'm not sure we have the squad and this is the right time for it to happen.

Personally hoping it's Philly. Although we'll be underdogs against either team. We're really going to have to play our A game.

Honestly, I think OG will lock down playoff Butler. Do not think he's gonna go off on him at all. They will run screens and get him into better situations but I think we have the better edge there with the leagues best 1:1 forward defender.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/17/2024  8:35 AM
SergioNYK wrote:As we get closer to finding out who are going to have to play on Saturday, I'm getting more and more frustrated. Usually a 50 win 2nd seed season means a cake walk in the first round. It just doesn't seem right we have to play the equivalent of a ECF difficulty in round one. If Embiid played 70 games, Philly would have had that 2nd seed. They are AWFUL with him. They wouldn't even have made the play in without him. And he's back. He's not 100% as we know but even at 75% he is a problem.

Yo we second seed in East and it’s playoffs! Get pumped!!!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Heat or 76ers - who would you rather play?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy