Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/29/2024  11:27 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Ant Man is taking the mantle. They might win it all this year. Can’t wait to see Minny vs Denver. Epic matchup forming there.

Ainge is definitely an opportunist but how’s that trade for Gobert looking now.

I never thought KAT/Gobert would work defensively. But looking at the team now, it's absolutely stacked. Basically a souped of version of our fully-healthy team.

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

"Starphuchs" usually need two seasons to gel. Even the "Heatles" did not get it done year 1!
Last year Ant emerged and KAT got hurt.
Also if one follows popular fan narrative and extropolate the obvious nobody sees it.
All we know is box scores and "KAT is SOFT". Not entirely wrong but KAT is also 7 foot tall, mobile, and has range!
Rudy is over rated because of that contract but take that away he would be THIBs wet dream rim protector.
They are built to take on Denver.

Just goes to show that heavily criticized, overmatched #1s can make for elite #2s. KAT is a great sidekick for Ant. Skillset is obvious and even personality wise, Ant shines so bright that KAT can kind of lay low. I like that team a lot. I think we can build something similar here (already have).

Case in point but not yet fully fleshed out: Brunson, Randle.

Knicks 2024-25 gonna be Minny 2023-24. They went and got Gobert, we got the OG. Trust.

I was just gonna write this in the game thread, and yes I agree. Need to see this squad at full health with a full training camp and some subtle tweakage like backup ball handler and maybe a young buck first rounder in Bogie's role.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2024  11:30 AM
What the shizzle is this? Thibs would have a heart attack right on the sidelines

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/29/2024  11:33 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Ant Man is taking the mantle. They might win it all this year. Can’t wait to see Minny vs Denver. Epic matchup forming there.

Ainge is definitely an opportunist but how’s that trade for Gobert looking now.

I never thought KAT/Gobert would work defensively. But looking at the team now, it's absolutely stacked. Basically a souped of version of our fully-healthy team.

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

"Starphuchs" usually need two seasons to gel. Even the "Heatles" did not get it done year 1!
Last year Ant emerged and KAT got hurt.
Also if one follows popular fan narrative and extropolate the obvious nobody sees it.
All we know is box scores and "KAT is SOFT". Not entirely wrong but KAT is also 7 foot tall, mobile, and has range!
Rudy is over rated because of that contract but take that away he would be THIBs wet dream rim protector.
They are built to take on Denver.

Just goes to show that heavily criticized, overmatched #1s can make for elite #2s. KAT is a great sidekick for Ant. Skillset is obvious and even personality wise, Ant shines so bright that KAT can kind of lay low. I like that team a lot. I think we can build something similar here (already have).

Case in point but not yet fully fleshed out: Brunson, Randle.

Knicks 2024-25 gonna be Minny 2023-24. They went and got Gobert, we got the OG. Trust.

I was just gonna write this in the game thread, and yes I agree. Need to see this squad at full health with a full training camp and some subtle tweakage like backup ball handler and maybe a young buck first rounder in Bogie's role.

I'd put chances at Bogey being in Knicks uni for full year at 50% but I'd love to see him fully integrated into the rotation at full health with another ball handler off bench. Bogey can be lights out in the right situation. Him and a healthy Mitch off bench with a decent PG could be devastating to teams. CP3 with a good hamstring would be killa with that unit.

martin
USA
4/29/2024  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2024  12:03 PM
Sure he does, cause everybody does

DLeethal

4/29/2024  12:08 PM
martin wrote:Sure he does, cause everybody does

This was rumored heavily years ago because of his relationship with Leon, but then Suns got really good so it became less realistic. I can see the chatter heating up again.

martin
USA
4/29/2024  12:11 PM
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/29/2024  12:31 PM
I think KD is more realistic, there's a deal that makes sense for both teams. Keeps PHO competitive while replenishing some picks. I don't see PHO giving up Booker b/c they can't tank without their own picks. They have a much longer window with Book.
DLeethal

4/29/2024  12:39 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I think KD is more realistic, there's a deal that makes sense for both teams. Keeps PHO competitive while replenishing some picks. I don't see PHO giving up Booker b/c they can't tank without their own picks. They have a much longer window with Book.

Teams don't hold on to disgruntled players though. If players want out they get their wish 99% of the time. Just depends how hard they will push. If they push hard, they are gone.

martin
USA
4/29/2024  12:46 PM
Minny is just Knicks without the injuries

martin
USA
4/29/2024  12:47 PM
So apparently Minny coach busted his knee in game?

nycericanguy

4/29/2024  12:49 PM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I think KD is more realistic, there's a deal that makes sense for both teams. Keeps PHO competitive while replenishing some picks. I don't see PHO giving up Booker b/c they can't tank without their own picks. They have a much longer window with Book.

Teams don't hold on to disgruntled players though. If players want out they get their wish 99% of the time. Just depends how hard they will push. If they push hard, they are gone.

yea but we dont have enough to offer for Book I dont think. and if they are moving Book they are probably moving KD.

I think KD would be gettable while keeping this playoff team in tact and that would be pretty amazing. Imagine just adding KD to this team right now?

martin
USA
4/29/2024  12:58 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

yea but we dont have enough to offer for Book I dont think. and if they are moving Book they are probably moving KD.

I think KD would be gettable while keeping this playoff team in tact and that would be pretty amazing. Imagine just adding KD to this team right now?

So, KD Eubanks for Randle Mitch? Is that the outline assumption?

KD maybe has 2 good years left?

Would Knicks do this? Suns?

martin
USA
4/29/2024  1:03 PM
nycericanguy

4/29/2024  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2024  1:05 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

So, KD Eubanks for Randle Mitch? Is that the outline assumption?

KD maybe has 2 good years left?

Would Knicks do this? Suns?

KD for Randle, Mitch and 2 firsts.

PHO does it to stay competitive and keep Booker, add more depth, including a badly needed defensive anchor, and to replenish picks that they badly need.

Unfortunately I could see them wanting Deuce too though but maybe the rights to Rokas instead?

we do it b/c 2-3 years with KD added to this team makes us much better period. and we might not want to pay Randle big money in 2 years anyway.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/29/2024  1:08 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

KD would destroy our identity and chemistry with his selfish and passive aggressive diva attitude. NO THANK YOU!

nycericanguy

4/29/2024  1:12 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

KD would destroy our identity and chemistry with his selfish and passive aggressive diva attitude. NO THANK YOU!

i think thats dramatic, what KD needs is a leader and a coach that demands respect. he needs to fit into a team and not try to create culture or lead. all of that is already in place here.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/29/2024  1:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/29/2024  1:18 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

i think thats dramatic, what KD needs is a leader and a coach that demands respect. he needs to fit into a team and not try to create culture or lead. all of that is already in place here.

I wouldn't take that risk. We have a good thing going here, why ruin it? Get a guy who fits and isn't bringing any unnecessary baggage. Whether you like it or not, there is a chance KD would want Thibs fired and/or majority of the players on the team traded to fit him. We're past this. Need proof? Look what has happened in everywhere he goes. He ruins every team! Today it's crying about how he cannot jell with Booker and Beal and how he doesn't want to play the role of spacing the floor on the wing and corner, which is exactly what he'd be doing here. And if we don't win a championship the first season he's here, he'll want to get traded. SAY NO TO HASBEEN DIVAS!

And how about having some self respect? This guy dissed us and mocked us when he signed in Brooklyn. Let him go rot and continue to ruin his legacy somewhere else. We should not be a retirement home or a redemption story.

nycericanguy

4/29/2024  1:21 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

I wouldn't take that risk. We have a good thing going here, why ruin it? Get a guy who fits and isn't bringing any unnecessary baggage. Whether you like it or not, there is a chance KD would want Thibs fired and/or majority of the players on the team traded to fit him. We're past this. Need proof? Look what has happened in everywhere he goes. He ruins every team! Today it's crying about how he cannot jell with Booker and Beal and how he doesn't want to play the role of spacing the floor on the wing and corner, which is exactly what he'd be doing here. And if we don't win a championship the first season he's here, he'll want to get traded. SAY NO TO HASBEEN DIVAS!

And how about having some self respect? This guy dissed us and mocked us when he signed in Brooklyn. Let him go rot and continue to ruin his legacy somewhere else. We should not be a retirement home or a redemption story.

why is there a good chance KD would want Thibs fired? that's just silly.

he's far from a has been, he just averaged 27/7/6 on 52/41/86 shooting. He's an all NBA player.

DLeethal

4/29/2024  1:32 PM
I would do Randle++ for Giannis. Might do Randle++ for Donovan. Would do Randle++ for Mikal. Not sure I do Randle++ for Durant. Watching these teams that go all in on these old guys crumble is giving me second thoughts on that.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/29/2024  1:33 PM
I wouldn't exchange Randle for KD straight up. Hell I don't want Durant here under any circumstances. Randle is the anti-KD.

This isn't aimed at any single entity - I was just listening to ESPN radio and they were also doing the get KD, LeBron, Giannis nonsense. I shouldn't be shocked but it blows my mind that at this juncture after the build to this point, "we need a star" (plus dump Randle of course) is where some peoples' minds go. Sheesh.

2024 NBA playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy