[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2024 NBA playoffs
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/29/2024  8:11 AM
DLeethal wrote:Ant Man is taking the mantle. They might win it all this year. Can’t wait to see Minny vs Denver. Epic matchup forming there.

Ainge is definitely an opportunist but how’s that trade for Gobert looking now.

AUTOADVERT
Rookie

4/29/2024  8:21 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:Man I’m rooting for Minny to punt Suns super hard

It's been a good day.

Suns got Rick Rolled

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/29/2024  8:23 AM
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Ant Man is taking the mantle. They might win it all this year. Can’t wait to see Minny vs Denver. Epic matchup forming there.

I never thought KAT/Gobert would work defensively. But looking at the team now, it's absolutely stacked. Basically a souped of version of our fully-healthy team.

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

DLeethal

4/29/2024  8:44 AM
The Suns go to show that you can’t simply hop from team to team and try to patch teams together. You need to give it time to grow. All the thriving teams now had majority organic building.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/29/2024  9:25 AM
DLeethal wrote:The Suns go to show that you can’t simply hop from team to team and try to patch teams together. You need to give it time to grow. All the thriving teams now had majority organic building.

The Suns learned there's a reason why Isaiah Thomas sucked as a GM. The Beal trade was the typical Thomas move. Trade for the "asset" and worry about fit later. Remind me of when he thought a Zach Randolph/Eddy Curry frontcourt made sense.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
DLeethal

4/29/2024  10:14 AM
Crazy how bad the Suns, Lakers, Warriors situations look right now. Kudos to Leon for staying the course especially when Brooklyn made all of those seismic moves. Took lots of balls to not try to match that hype. All the patient teams thriving across the league now and there’s so much parity. Love to see it.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/29/2024  10:14 AM
Rookie wrote:

Turth, they got a nice team. Expensive team but a very nice one.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:15 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I never thought KAT/Gobert would work defensively. But looking at the team now, it's absolutely stacked. Basically a souped of version of our fully-healthy team.

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

oh intereesting. We got better bench though right? And we still have room to upgrade

martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:16 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
DLeethal wrote:The Suns go to show that you can’t simply hop from team to team and try to patch teams together. You need to give it time to grow. All the thriving teams now had majority organic building.

The Suns learned there's a reason why Isaiah Thomas sucked as a GM. The Beal trade was the typical Thomas move. Trade for the "asset" and worry about fit later. Remind me of when he thought a Zach Randolph/Eddy Curry frontcourt made sense.

Right and Isaiah forgot to check Beal's no trade clause too, and that negates it all lol

martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:17 AM
DLeethal wrote:Crazy how bad the Suns, Lakers, Warriors situations look right now. Kudos to Leon for staying the course especially when Brooklyn made all of those seismic moves. Took lots of balls to not try to match that hype. All the patient teams thriving across the league now and there’s so much parity. Love to see it.

+1

martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:18 AM
Man, the division Minny is in Denver 57 wins, OKC 56 wins, Minny 56 wins.

Barn burner and those teams gonna be duking it out with Wemby for a long time.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/29/2024  10:32 AM
I thought KD's Nets stint was the most disappointing stint in NBA history but now getting swept in the first round might top that. AND I LOVE IT!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/29/2024  10:37 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

"Starphuchs" usually need two seasons to gel. Even the "Heatles" did not get it done year 1!
Last year Ant emerged and KAT got hurt.
Also if one follows popular fan narrative and extropolate the obvious nobody sees it.
All we know is box scores and "KAT is SOFT". Not entirely wrong but KAT is also 7 foot tall, mobile, and has range!
Rudy is over rated because of that contract but take that away he would be THIBs wet dream rim protector.
They are built to take on Denver.

martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:43 AM
I don't have the stat in front of me but I think I read that Knicks rebounded like 76% of their rebounds one of these playoffs games, for reference

martin
USA
4/29/2024  10:52 AM
Phoenix in finals couple years ago? Now they first round fodder in the West with no draft picks for a long time.

And they acquired the non-trade clause'ed rights to pay Beal $50M, $54M, $57M over the next 3 years.

Fun

martin
USA
4/29/2024  11:09 AM
Yeowza

martin
USA
4/29/2024  11:10 AM
This move nice too

Rookie

4/29/2024  11:15 AM
martin wrote:Phoenix in finals couple years ago? Now they first round fodder in the West with no draft picks for a long time.

And they acquired the non-trade clause'ed rights to pay Beal $50M, $54M, $57M over the next 3 years.

Fun

When Isiah Thomas comes round, lock the doors. He is a franchise killer

DLeethal

4/29/2024  11:17 AM
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

"Starphuchs" usually need two seasons to gel. Even the "Heatles" did not get it done year 1!
Also if one follows popular fan narrative and extropolate the obvious nobody sees it.
All we know is box scores and "KAT is SOFT". Not entirely wrong but KAT is also 7 foot tall, mobile, and has range!
Rudy is over rated because of that contract but take that away he would be THIBs wet dream rim protector.

Just goes to show that heavily criticized, overmatched #1s can make for elite #2s. KAT is a great sidekick for Ant. Skillset is obvious and even personality wise, Ant shines so bright that KAT can kind of lay low. I like that team a lot. I think we can build something similar here (already have).

martin
USA
4/29/2024  11:23 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Ant-Brunson
KAT-Randle
Gobert-our bigs
McDaniels-OG

Just goes to show that heavily criticized, overmatched #1s can make for elite #2s. KAT is a great sidekick for Ant. Skillset is obvious and even personality wise, Ant shines so bright that KAT can kind of lay low. I like that team a lot. I think we can build something similar here (already have).

Case in point but not yet fully fleshed out: Brunson, Randle.

Knicks 2024-25 gonna be Minny 2023-24. They went and got Gobert, we got the OG. Trust.

2024 NBA playoffs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy