[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/15/2024  7:02 AM
DLeethal wrote:That said, I think we can beat PHI and MIA but we are prob going into either series an underdog as a 2 seed

This team will love it if we are considered the under dog. If we lose it won't be for lack of effort it will be because Randall missed the series. We have a core from Villanova of players that play to win. The intangibles mean we will scrap like I Hart diving to knock a loose ball to a teammate, or Josh Hart getting a rebound from a 7 footer or DDV playing 53 minutes, or Deuce emerging from the bench and making IQ and Grimes expendable to be a three and D demon, Precious and Bogs to play when asked to and come up with key plays and Mitch coming back when we all thought his season was over to offer **** protection and rebounds off the bench. A week off and it's on like Donkey Kong.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/15/2024  8:29 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:What kind of message did the Bucks & Cavs send to Giannis and Mitchell, by throwing their seed position? IMO it isn't about being your best, it is taking the easier road and hoping that leads you where you want to get. Do you think Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, and other legends thought this way? It's a pathetic loser mentality.

Instead, you do your best, take on the challenge, and bring it. Like the Knicks chose. I even respect that the Bulls played so hard, that is what teams trying to be their best do. Sure, rest legit injured players, but giving away games is a joke, and should be fined. The Bucks tanked for over a week. Cavs you would think would have wanted to aim for the 2 seed to wipe away last year's embarrassment, but they are punks. I'm sure DM wants out even more now and Giannis, barring a chip or deep run will have growing doubts about his future in Milwaukee. Imagine the optics now on the Knicks franchise league-wide, real dogs want in.

I'm so damn proud of our boys. Great season. Sure they have a few areas to work on for the playoffs, and losing Randle sucks, but I know for sure, they will go out swinging to bring home the trophy. Let's shock the world, Mecca time.

I think there’s some merit to what you are saying but most of it is fluff. Teams tank all the time for various reasons. It all gets forgotten and none of it will linger when CLE tips off vs ORL and MIL vs IND. Mavs tanked their way out of playoffs last year so they didn’t give us a pick. No one cares anymore and no one looks at them as some loser org they don’t want to play for as a result. Knicks are getting good press because they played through but once the series all start none of that chatter will matter anymore.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/15/2024  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2024  8:32 AM
i mean there's a huge gray median between "tanking" and playing your starters 50 min in a final game.

We didnt need to tank, just resting guys a game or two in this final week would have been enough.

I cringed through every one of OG's 43 minutes yesterday.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/15/2024  8:34 AM
I personally believe that the advantage the play in winner has is that they are battle sharp when the playoffs start. So, if we did all this bull**** player management crap, we would not be anywhere close to battle sharp. I think we will have a bit of a disadvantage Game 1, whoever we play, simply because of that. I think our disadvantage would be way more relevant though if everyone had their thumb up their asses and Brunson played 3 minutes to get an ovation from the crowd....

I know Thibs' methods sometime make him a punching bag.... but his methods here are exactly what we wanted to happen. I mean, anyone remember 2007-08 when the Giants could've rested their guys against the Patriots? At the time everyone said it was dumb but well IT MADE THEM BATTLE SHARP HEADING INTO THE PLAYOFFS

I want these guys to have the attitude of their foot being on our opponent's neck from tipoff to final buzzer

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/15/2024  8:35 AM
It’s the same rah rah mentality that historically caused the Knicks to win meaningless games and draft 8th year after year instead of bottoming out completely like the competition. That rah rah mentality doesn’t get you better prospect later in draft and doesn’t make Philly or Miami easier to beat then ORL or IND. We will be playing tougher opponents as a result. That’s the tangible outcome.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/15/2024  10:29 AM
So if the Knicks lose in the first round, those who are saying the team should have been happy to have the third spot are right lol. No one knows what's going to happen. We could have fallen to 3rd and gotten our clocks cleaned by Indiana. What if Philadelphia plays Miami and one of Bam or Embid turns their ankle and misses the series and we have a easy series. Or we simply beat the other team and since we did heavy lifting in the first round and have a relatively easy 2 cd round. No one knows what's going to happen but you control what you can. The team showed it's heart and desire to compete to the end. That's the difference between teams who all have great talent. People have to complain about something even being a second seed with a team that has real scrappers.
[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy