[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/14/2024  9:25 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Let’s hope the take no prisoners approach works for the Knicks. Could’ve easily sat guys for OT. I do think this is a team that would refuse to tank a game and also I think 50 wins and the 2 seed helps Brunson’s MVP voting and Thibs extension. Lots of factors. We might also actually prefer the play style of Philly/MIA over Indy. Just hope we don’t look foolish for going balls to the wall to win that game while Cavs or MIL coast through round 1.

Getting 3 game win streak end of season vibes when we are tanking for a draft pick and then we end up with Knox.

i agree... I mean we went out and played our starters almost 50 minutes today... wild just taking that chance on injuries.

Now we're gonna have a dogfight on our hands vs MIA/PHI. PHI's win % with Embidd would have been good enough for the best record in the NBA this season. I don't think people realize how good they are, we can beat them, but this is going to be like facing a #1 seed in the 1st round.

I dont think Brunson/Thibs had anything to prove today.

IND is a young inexperienced team, I think we would have easily beat them in 5 or 6.

I'm glad the team is more confident and competitive then you are. You must have never played a sport.

We just witnessed a couple teams tank there way out of the 2 seed race on purpose and I’m pretty sure they are all playing a pro sport. Just saying.

AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

4/14/2024  9:28 PM
Sending positive energy to Alpha

I like the choose your opponent idea. SOmetime teams just match up differently. Celtics have had problems with Orlando this year for example. ANd so what if it give the other team more motivation. Makes it more fun

(5)(5)
DLeethal

4/14/2024  9:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  9:30 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Let’s hope the take no prisoners approach works for the Knicks. Could’ve easily sat guys for OT. I do think this is a team that would refuse to tank a game and also I think 50 wins and the 2 seed helps Brunson’s MVP voting and Thibs extension. Lots of factors. We might also actually prefer the play style of Philly/MIA over Indy. Just hope we don’t look foolish for going balls to the wall to win that game while Cavs or MIL coast through round 1.

Getting 3 game win streak end of season vibes when we are tanking for a draft pick and then we end up with Knox.

i agree... I mean we went out and played our starters almost 50 minutes today... wild just taking that chance on injuries.

Now we're gonna have a dogfight on our hands vs MIA/PHI. PHI's win % with Embidd would have been good enough for the best record in the NBA this season. I don't think people realize how good they are, we can beat them, but this is going to be like facing a #1 seed in the 1st round.

IND is a young inexperienced team, I think we would have easily beat them in 5 or 6.

I think Brunson will sneak into top 5 MVP voting with this 50 win / 2 seed push and buzz and I think Thibs will get extended no matter what happens in playoffs now. Don’t think that was DEFINITELY the case yesterday but we’ll see. 50 wins is a milestone and a resume padder the same way a 50 point game is but 49 isn’t, or a triple double is but 10-10-9 isn’t. It does mean something in terms of notch on the belt for them.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

4/14/2024  9:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  9:33 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

I'm glad the team is more confident and competitive then you are. You must have never played a sport.

We just witnessed a couple teams tank there way out of the 2 seed race on purpose and I’m pretty sure they are all playing a pro sport. Just saying.

Tanking to play a team seems like an invitation to get trounced by that team. Teams are all capable to beat one another. Instead of having confidence in their talents and execution they chose to tank, they lack competitive fire. I wouldn't bet on them

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/14/2024  9:33 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Great morning so far Church, gardening, and took my cars to the hand wash guy for details. Going to order some chicharon de pollo with tostones for the game ( fried chicken chunks with fried green plantains ). Win or lose it's going to be a great day. Play well guys team already made me proud. Everyone enjoy the day.

Yessir great day. Topped off just now with a Jersey Mike's #8 Club Sub. That **** shouldn't be legal.

Now if only it were Saturday...

I've never had Jersey Mike's. I am off Monday but I am getting a test where they inject dye in me to do some test to determine if I may have Parkinson's but Knicks made .e feel good and forget that for a minute. It's all good, life is good 😊

Holy cow, good luck

Yes, good luck to you Alpha.

Tell me about this Jersey Mike's is as good as the cheerleader pics you find ?

#8, regular (unless you're famished) on white. When they ask if you want it Mike's way, the correct answer is yes. When they ask if you want mayo and bacon, the correct answer is "duhhh".

If you're in the mood for a hot sub, the Philly Cheese #17 is my go-to. If you like heat, have them add some jalapenos. Oh man, it's a good thing it's late or I might go back.

https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu/cold-subs

DLeethal

4/14/2024  9:33 PM
Knicks probably have higher aspirations than CLE and different circumstances from MIL. CLE is desperate not to lose in the first round. They will probably be fine getting killed by Boston in round 2 as long as they don’t choke round 1 again. MIL needs to buy time for Giannis to get healthy and needs easiest first round possible. Knicks probably thinking they want best chance at ECF push.
DLeethal

4/14/2024  9:37 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

Tanking to play a team seems like an invitation to get trounced by that team. Teams are all capable to beat one another. Instead of having confidence in their talents and execution they chose to tank, they lack competitive fire. I wouldn't bet on them

This type of posturing happens every year.

DLeethal

4/14/2024  9:40 PM
Honestly though if Knicks got a scoreboard update in OT and sat their guys like they did iHart they would probably still have HCA in round 2 because it’s likely MIL loses first round. Tough to make the logical case for going out and winning in OT for the tougher matchup when it was all set in stone. I get the competitive and the emotional reasoning but it’s not really strategically logical.
DLeethal

4/14/2024  9:41 PM
That said, I think we can beat PHI and MIA but we are prob going into either series an underdog as a 2 seed
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2024  9:41 PM
I’m a banh mi sandwich guy
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2024  9:44 PM
If you in LA and want free chicken sandwich?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/14/2024  10:39 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

I think you meant to say "The Knicks 20-3 record with OG is better than the 76ers record with Embiid and the league leading Celtics."

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/14/2024  10:40 PM
Nobody got hurt did they.
Today your knicks finished 2nd. Despite the injuries the not only missed the play in but the second seed!
What does it mean? Pride. They accomplished a goal.
Parity? Its for real. Teams are clustered together. But maybe its talent, or hustle, or heart or "Hart"/"iHart", or a team in synch, but they rose above all but Boston who was the "it" team all year.

PHilly and Miami have to play to continue. Knicks get to rest. Embiid knee is balky and be surprised if he holds up. This guy really falling short each year and getting worse? I respect them though.
Miami? Fucking Zombie team just keeps getting up no matter how many times you kill them. No doubt they will make knicks fight to move on.
Knicks get time to rest, enjoy the success, and Thibs will keep them hungry.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/14/2024  11:11 PM
For the record, “Thibs” and “tank” are a contradiction in terms.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
4/14/2024  11:51 PM
What kind of message did the Bucks & Cavs send to Giannis and Mitchell, by throwing their seed position? IMO it isn't about being your best, it is taking the easier road and hoping that leads you where you want to get. Do you think Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, and other legends thought this way? It's a pathetic loser mentality.

Instead, you do your best, take on the challenge, and bring it. Like the Knicks chose. I even respect that the Bulls played so hard, that is what teams trying to be their best do. Sure, rest legit injured players, but giving away games is a joke, and should be fined. The Bucks tanked for over a week. Cavs you would think would have wanted to aim for the 2 seed to wipe away last year's embarrassment, but they are punks. I'm sure DM wants out even more now and Giannis, barring a chip or deep run will have growing doubts about his future in Milwaukee. Imagine the optics now on the Knicks franchise league-wide, real dogs want in.

I'm so damn proud of our boys. Great season. Sure they have a few areas to work on for the playoffs, and losing Randle sucks, but I know for sure, they will go out swinging to bring home the trophy. Let's shock the world, Mecca time.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
4/15/2024  12:11 AM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Great morning so far Church, gardening, and took my cars to the hand wash guy for details. Going to order some chicharon de pollo with tostones for the game ( fried chicken chunks with fried green plantains ). Win or lose it's going to be a great day. Play well guys team already made me proud. Everyone enjoy the day.

Yessir great day. Topped off just now with a Jersey Mike's #8 Club Sub. That **** shouldn't be legal.

Now if only it were Saturday...

I've never had Jersey Mike's. I am off Monday but I am getting a test where they inject dye in me to do some test to determine if I may have Parkinson's but Knicks made .e feel good and forget that for a minute. It's all good, life is good 😊

Holy cow, good luck

Yes, good luck to you Alpha.

Tell me about this Jersey Mike's is as good as the cheerleader pics you find ?

#8, regular (unless you're famished) on white. When they ask if you want it Mike's way, the correct answer is yes. When they ask if you want mayo and bacon, the correct answer is "duhhh".

If you're in the mood for a hot sub, the Philly Cheese #17 is my go-to. If you like heat, have them add some jalapenos. Oh man, it's a good thing it's late or I might go back.

https://www.jerseymikes.com/menu/cold-subs

With Jersey Mikes you have to eat the #13 Italian if you want a cold sub. The Chicken Philly is also surprisingly good!

Alpha1971

4/15/2024  12:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/15/2024  12:26 AM
The juxtaposition of sandwiches and cheerleaders reminds me of George from Seinfeld when he wanted to eat a sandwich during sex...if anyone recalls that episode. I see Jersey Mike's has a location in Washington Heights. So there you go, I'm a check out some Latinas while sub shopping. I'm a cad, a scoundrel, a swine but it's getting warm and I can make time for a picnic in upper Manhattan and lady watch. Maybe tomorrow afternoon.
Alpha1971

4/15/2024  12:29 AM
Speaking of Subs, nothing beat Blimpies back in the day when they first opened thru the 90s. Something went south with them afterwards. But when they first started their quality was the best
Clean
Member: #743
4/15/2024  12:48 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:Speaking of Subs, nothing beat Blimpies back in the day when they first opened thru the 90s. Something went south with them afterwards. But when they first started their quality was the best

I legit still have a Blimpies cup that I use to this day. Things made in the 90s were amazing qualitywise.

Alpha1971

4/15/2024  6:54 AM
Clean wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Speaking of Subs, nothing beat Blimpies back in the day when they first opened thru the 90s. Something went south with them afterwards. But when they first started their quality was the best

I legit still have a Blimpies cup that I use to this day. Things made in the 90s were amazing qualitywise.

Blimpies went the franchise route in the City and quality slipped I guess. But anyway, let's beat Philly or Miami in 5

[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy