[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

4/14/2024  6:57 PM
Clean wrote:
I think he has a good idea.

nah, you dont need to fire up the team you choose.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/14/2024  7:03 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Clean wrote:

That’s not really a thing

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/14/2024  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  7:04 PM
Play to win

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/14/2024  7:38 PM
martin wrote:So anyway, this is not good

7 minutes and 1 rebound.

I wonder if he's going to miss more games.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/14/2024  7:54 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Overtime MVPrecious!!! 50 friggin WINS, 2nd seed. Knicks took the challenge others wouldn't. I'm so proud of them. LGK!

Kind of weird how Cleveland just rolled over at home against Charlotte. Bucks just couldn't roll with the Magic. I actually like the matchups for New York. Knicks will have something to prove against Miami and Philly is home away from home for the Villanova Knicks. Knicks have a lot to be proud about. Enjoy it today

Both teams tanked the 4th quarter and pulled their starters. They intentionally lost.

DLeethal

4/14/2024  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  8:00 PM
Let’s hope the take no prisoners approach works for the Knicks. Could’ve easily sat guys for OT. I do think this is a team that would refuse to tank a game and also I think 50 wins and the 2 seed helps Brunson’s MVP voting and Thibs extension. Lots of factors. We might also actually prefer the play style of Philly/MIA over Indy. Just hope we don’t look foolish for going balls to the wall to win that game while Cavs or MIL coast through round 1.

Getting 3 game win streak end of season vibes when we are tanking for a draft pick and then we end up with Knox.

DLeethal

4/14/2024  8:02 PM
Also less pressure for Thibs and co … losing to Indy would’ve been disastrous but Philly and even MIA to a degree is house money IMO. He gets the extension either way. Losing to Indy maybe not.
Clean
Member: #743
4/14/2024  8:18 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Clean wrote:

You don't think teams in the playoffs already want to win? You are not going to make them want to win any more than a chance at championship will.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/14/2024  8:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  8:22 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Clean wrote:

Don't really like the idea. Imagine earning the 5 seed, but due to unfortunate matchup or season splits, you have to play #1 in the first round. Hype wise, I think it also takes something away from the play in tournament, which the NBA is extremely proud of. They're purely elimination games at that stage, 7th seed or 8th seed doesn't matter. (Neither would 5th vs. 6th for that matter)

nycericanguy

4/14/2024  8:31 PM
Clean wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Clean wrote:

You don't think teams in the playoffs already want to win? You are not going to make them want to win any more than a chance at championship will.

of course teams want to win, but there's always an extra layer of motivation.

nycericanguy

4/14/2024  8:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/14/2024  8:34 PM
DLeethal wrote:Let’s hope the take no prisoners approach works for the Knicks. Could’ve easily sat guys for OT. I do think this is a team that would refuse to tank a game and also I think 50 wins and the 2 seed helps Brunson’s MVP voting and Thibs extension. Lots of factors. We might also actually prefer the play style of Philly/MIA over Indy. Just hope we don’t look foolish for going balls to the wall to win that game while Cavs or MIL coast through round 1.

Getting 3 game win streak end of season vibes when we are tanking for a draft pick and then we end up with Knox.

i agree... I mean we went out and played our starters almost 50 minutes today... wild just taking that chance on injuries.

Now we're gonna have a dogfight on our hands vs MIA/PHI. PHI's win % with Embidd would have been good enough for the best record in the NBA this season. I don't think people realize how good they are, we can beat them, but this is going to be like facing a #1 seed in the 1st round.

I dont think Brunson/Thibs had anything to prove today.

IND is a young inexperienced team, I think we would have easily beat them in 5 or 6.

martin
USA
4/14/2024  8:36 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Clean wrote:

Don't really like the idea. Imagine earning the 5 seed, but due to unfortunate matchup or season splits, you have to play #1 in the first round. Hype wise, I think it also takes something away from the play in tournament, which the NBA is extremely proud of. They're purely elimination games at that stage, 7th seed or 8th seed doesn't matter. (Neither would 5th vs. 6th for that matter)

Well, as it currently exists, the teams 3-6 have more the ability to “pick” their opponent in certain situations.

So it’s one or the other - the better teams vs worse team picking - while gaining a lot more intrigue to control that destiny.

Alpha1971
Member: #9006

4/14/2024  8:38 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Let’s hope the take no prisoners approach works for the Knicks. Could’ve easily sat guys for OT. I do think this is a team that would refuse to tank a game and also I think 50 wins and the 2 seed helps Brunson’s MVP voting and Thibs extension. Lots of factors. We might also actually prefer the play style of Philly/MIA over Indy. Just hope we don’t look foolish for going balls to the wall to win that game while Cavs or MIL coast through round 1.

i agree... I mean we went out and played our starters almost 50 minutes today... wild just taking that chance on injuries.

Now we're gonna have a dogfight on our hands vs MIA/PHI. PHI's win % with Embidd would have been good enough for the best record in the NBA this season. I don't think people realize how good they are, we can beat them, but this is going to be like facing a #1 seed in the 1st round.

IND is a young inexperienced team, I think we would have easily beat them in 5 or 6.

I'm glad the team is more confident and competitive then you are. You must have never played a sport.

martin
USA
4/14/2024  8:41 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

The Knicks have a week off.

But yay for the minutes police angle approach.

Alpha1971

4/14/2024  8:43 PM
Boston also will be playing either Philly or Miami as well, most likely. Think they are happy with that ? Let's go !!
ToddTT
4/14/2024  8:46 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:Great morning so far Church, gardening, and took my cars to the hand wash guy for details. Going to order some chicharon de pollo with tostones for the game ( fried chicken chunks with fried green plantains ). Win or lose it's going to be a great day. Play well guys team already made me proud. Everyone enjoy the day.

Yessir great day. Topped off just now with a Jersey Mike's #8 Club Sub. That **** shouldn't be legal.

Now if only it were Saturday...

Alpha1971

4/14/2024  8:50 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:Great morning so far Church, gardening, and took my cars to the hand wash guy for details. Going to order some chicharon de pollo with tostones for the game ( fried chicken chunks with fried green plantains ). Win or lose it's going to be a great day. Play well guys team already made me proud. Everyone enjoy the day.

Yessir great day. Topped off just now with a Jersey Mike's #8 Club Sub. That **** shouldn't be legal.

I've never had Jersey Mike's. I am off Monday but I am getting a test where they inject dye in me to do some test to determine if I may have Parkinson's but Knicks made .e feel good and forget that for a minute. It's all good, life is good 😊

martin
USA
4/14/2024  8:52 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

I've never had Jersey Mike's. I am off Monday but I am getting a test where they inject dye in me to do some test to determine if I may have Parkinson's but Knicks made .e feel good and forget that for a minute. It's all good, life is good 😊

Holy cow, good luck

ToddTT
4/14/2024  9:13 PM
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Holy cow, good luck

Yes, good luck to you Alpha.

Alpha1971

4/14/2024  9:15 PM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Holy cow, good luck

Yes, good luck to you Alpha.

Tell me about this Jersey Mike's is as good as the cheerleader pics you find ?

[GT 4/14/24 1PM] Knicks vs Bulls ESPN MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy