[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thanksgiving Day Pseudotrade Analysis: 3 way between Philly, T-Dot, and NYK... & other wishful stuff
Author Thread
JayNYC
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #682
USA
11/25/2004  11:22 AM
I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE MY LAST POST, BUT HERE GOES!!!

Philadelphia trades: Glenn Robinson
The 76ERS receive: Tim Thomas and NYK's 2nd rd pick

Toronto trades: Vince Carter and Alvin Williams
The Raptors receive: Glenn Robinson, Nazr Mohammed and Cash considerations or a (Conditional 1st rd Pick)

New York trades: Tim Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, 2005 2nd rd pick and Cash
The Knicks receive: Vince Carter and Alvin Williams

Why this trade can work?
Philly 76er perspective:Big Dog Robinson is rumored to be at odds with 76ers management and coaching staff. They have made no secrets about attempting to trade him. Taking on Tim Thomas would be an upgrade to their frontcourt "eventually" once he finds his game again... Moreover, Tim Thomas would probably benefit most from a change of scenery. This move would also probably keep him closer to home, and family situation which could be helpful as well. We give them a 2nd rd pick as added incentive!

Toronto Raptors Perspective:They don't have to trade Vince Carter. But they are definitely fielding offers. Plus the Toronto fan base has been pretty harsh on this guy as of late (ie Tim Thomas)... A deal like this makes some sense or should I say "cents" from a financial standpoint. First off, Glenn Robinson is NOT a bum, Big Dog has a pretty potent offensive game. Bigger than his scoring prowess, is the expiring contract that he comes with. Any trade for Carter will have to include either salary flexibility or a star quality return. I doubt Toronto gets the latter, given Vince's declining value around the league. Nazr's recent play, could give Toronto an upgrade at center over Loren Woods. Through it all they trade away Alvin Williams crazy contract and could potentially get more cash.

The Knicks would benefit from getting the star quality player that they need most! Vinsanity is certainly an upgrade over T.T.; One will never know if he is gonna show up and be the player he should be... BUT the one assurance you will have is that he will force teams to honor him on the floor, if nothing more than for a decoy. This will make NYK players like Steph, J-Craw, or Allan H20 flourish. Alvin Williams is INJURED FOR THE SEASON & yet another crazy contract but.. well... I'd take it on for like the next 4yrs for a chance at V.C.

K.Thomas/Baker/Sundov
Sweetney/J.Williams
Carter/Ariza
Crawford/Houston
Marbury/Hardaway/Brewer/Norris

We'd obviously have a glaring size issue at center... I know this might anger a few Knicks, especially considering how he's played thus far... BUT i'd trade K.T. next and go hard for a young big like Curry, Chandler or Nene. We might take a step back with a young frontcourt at first.. but KT is 30 plus, these kids are barely in their 20's. The upside is way more promising.

*** Curry is the one, i'd push for most! This kid was yanked from the starting lineup, his squad is like 1-9, in NYK he can start and be reunited with his fam Jamal Crawford. Plus did I mention that he is 6'11 290, this kid is a beast on the block!!!!!! Of course, thats gonna involve some creative negotiating as well. A 3rd team would likely need to be included. Maybe Dallas.. KT going there and the rights to Pavel Podkolzine going to Chi town as the primary pieces.

(Chi gets: Pavel Podkolzine & Dan Dickau plus NYK 2nd rd pick, Dallas 2nd rd pick)
(Dal gets: KT, Sundov and Brewer)
(NY: Curry and Bradley)

[Edited by - JayNYC on 11/25/2004 11:30:04]

[Edited by - JayNYC on 11/25/2004 11:31:08]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/25/2004  12:16 PM
Vince has turned into a perimeter player.

I would hold onto Nazr and TT's expiring contract for next year for a player who really matters.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2004  1:07 PM
Posted by martin:

I would hold onto Nazr and TT's expiring contract for next year for a player who really matters.

i would still trade Nazr for Curry or Kwame Brown, but Nazr has moved up in the market place. He is no longer a throw in. He is becoming a high value asset.
RIP Crushalot😞
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/25/2004  1:12 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by martin:

i would still trade Nazr for Curry or Kwame Brown, but Nazr has moved up in the market place. He is no longer a throw in. He is becoming a high value asset.

For Curry or Kwame, Hell Yes.

Are you bigger on the potential of Curry or Kwame?

I have not seen much of Kwame lately, but if he turns out to be more of a weak side shot blocker who can rebound and defend, I would trade, say, Nazr and Sweets for him before I would trade for Curry. Curry seems to be more lazy then anything while Kwame just has been on the wrong team at the wrong time, without good mentorship.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/25/2004  1:17 PM
i dont want carter i dont want lazy whiney bitch ass players
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
11/25/2004  2:51 PM
I like that trade- but would toronto be in a position to take advantage of Big Dog's expiring contract or would they still be over the cap
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/25/2004  6:08 PM
Posted by JayNYC:

I KNOW ITS BEEN A WHILE SINCE MY LAST POST, BUT HERE GOES!!!

Philadelphia trades: Glenn Robinson
The 76ERS receive: Tim Thomas and NYK's 2nd rd pick

Toronto trades: Vince Carter and Alvin Williams
The Raptors receive: Glenn Robinson, Nazr Mohammed and Cash considerations or a (Conditional 1st rd Pick)

New York trades: Tim Thomas, Nazr Mohammed, 2005 2nd rd pick and Cash
The Knicks receive: Vince Carter and Alvin Williams

Why this trade can work?
Philly 76er perspective:Big Dog Robinson is rumored to be at odds with 76ers management and coaching staff. They have made no secrets about attempting to trade him. Taking on Tim Thomas would be an upgrade to their frontcourt "eventually" once he finds his game again... Moreover, Tim Thomas would probably benefit most from a change of scenery. This move would also probably keep him closer to home, and family situation which could be helpful as well. We give them a 2nd rd pick as added incentive!

Toronto Raptors Perspective:They don't have to trade Vince Carter. But they are definitely fielding offers. Plus the Toronto fan base has been pretty harsh on this guy as of late (ie Tim Thomas)... A deal like this makes some sense or should I say "cents" from a financial standpoint. First off, Glenn Robinson is NOT a bum, Big Dog has a pretty potent offensive game. Bigger than his scoring prowess, is the expiring contract that he comes with. Any trade for Carter will have to include either salary flexibility or a star quality return. I doubt Toronto gets the latter, given Vince's declining value around the league. Nazr's recent play, could give Toronto an upgrade at center over Loren Woods. Through it all they trade away Alvin Williams crazy contract and could potentially get more cash.

The Knicks would benefit from getting the star quality player that they need most! Vinsanity is certainly an upgrade over T.T.; One will never know if he is gonna show up and be the player he should be... BUT the one assurance you will have is that he will force teams to honor him on the floor, if nothing more than for a decoy. This will make NYK players like Steph, J-Craw, or Allan H20 flourish. Alvin Williams is INJURED FOR THE SEASON & yet another crazy contract but.. well... I'd take it on for like the next 4yrs for a chance at V.C.

K.Thomas/Baker/Sundov
Sweetney/J.Williams
Carter/Ariza
Crawford/Houston
Marbury/Hardaway/Brewer/Norris

We'd obviously have a glaring size issue at center... I know this might anger a few Knicks, especially considering how he's played thus far... BUT i'd trade K.T. next and go hard for a young big like Curry, Chandler or Nene. We might take a step back with a young frontcourt at first.. but KT is 30 plus, these kids are barely in their 20's. The upside is way more promising.

*** Curry is the one, i'd push for most! This kid was yanked from the starting lineup, his squad is like 1-9, in NYK he can start and be reunited with his fam Jamal Crawford. Plus did I mention that he is 6'11 290, this kid is a beast on the block!!!!!! Of course, thats gonna involve some creative negotiating as well. A 3rd team would likely need to be included. Maybe Dallas.. KT going there and the rights to Pavel Podkolzine going to Chi town as the primary pieces.

(Chi gets: Pavel Podkolzine & Dan Dickau plus NYK 2nd rd pick, Dallas 2nd rd pick)
(Dal gets: KT, Sundov and Brewer)
(NY: Curry and Bradley)

mm...pretty colors.

i would do that trade if you could make the other trade first to get us a C...otherwise i think it would expose this team too much in the frontcourt...w/Allan coming back soon, it's not time to panic about the lack of production from TT...but if you take away Nazr's production right now it might hurt us more than help us, even if you were adding Vince Carter's game to the mix.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
11/28/2004  11:21 AM
After Yesterday's win vs the Raptors, and the way they alienated him in their flow of the offense it seems ever apparent that Vince Carter's days are numbered in Toronto.

We really should go after this guy... Vince Carter vs Tim Thomas. That is a no brainer!!!!

Somebody send my "pseudotrade" over to Isiah!!!!!!!!
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2004  11:29 AM
We need Nazy; we don't need ANOTHER guard who can score. It is possible to get more talented without getting a better team. I'd only do this trade if we were immediately trading Vince for a star center. But it would make more sense to just do a 3 way trade.
TMS
USA
11/29/2004  10:24 AM
too bad there wasn't a way you could figure out how to get both Vince & Dalembert in NY...i'd glady give up Nazr, KT, TT, Sweetney, Ariza, Penny or any combination of those players if you could get that to happen.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
11/29/2004  2:59 PM
Posted by TMS:

too bad there wasn't a way you could figure out how to get both Vince & Dalembert in NY...i'd glady give up Nazr, KT, TT, Sweetney, Ariza, Penny or any combination of those players if you could get that to happen.

dude i think your starting to exaggerate 2 much....

Vince is just a sore loser and Dalembert... is just not..... i just dont see him in new york
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
TMS
USA
11/29/2004  3:31 PM
Dalembert is a young, talented, athletic, great defender & shotblocker, & only getting better. You can't possibly expect to get a player like that w/o giving up some good trade pieces in return. The only thing about Vince that I'm hesitant to trade for is his contract. He's still a great player in my view, & only needs a change of scenery to revamp his game. We aren't talking about a Tim Thomas here, who's never put up stellar #'s over a full NBA season before. Vince Carter has already shown that he can be among the elite in the game before.
MaRbUrYiSaKnIcK
Member: #737
USA
11/29/2004  3:32 PM
Posted by TMS:

Dalembert is a young, talented, athletic, great defender & shotblocker, & only getting better. You can't possibly expect to get a player like that w/o giving up some good trade pieces in return. The only thing about Vince that I'm hesitant to trade for is his contract. He's still a great player in my view, & only needs a change of scenery to revamp his game. We aren't talking about a Tim Thomas here, who's never put up stellar #'s over a full NBA season before. Vince Carter has already shown that he can be among the elite in the game before.

Dude that was before
Marbury is finally home at MSG!
MS
Member: #724
11/29/2004  3:38 PM
Carter is one of the more talented guys in the league, and i would only do the deal if TT is involved no one else. You are going to be able to get a better player next year with all the expiring deals, and he doesn't care or try

Attending his college graduation when a trip to the conference finals was on the line sums up his entire career. He sends a constant message that he is more important than the team. He needs a little perspective and needs to be whipped into shape. They can get a better offer, and Memphis for Miller and Wells is one

And the Sixers are not trading just to trade their needs to be something involved
TMS
USA
11/29/2004  3:45 PM
no kidding Dalembert is not likely to be traded...i said it would be nice if we could think of a way to get both those players.
Thanksgiving Day Pseudotrade Analysis: 3 way between Philly, T-Dot, and NYK... & other wishful stuff

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy