[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/12/24 7:30PM] Knicks vs Nets
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  12:19 PM
JesseDark wrote:I was at the game and had a blast!

Catch any glimpses of Mikal brotherly love vibes?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
4/13/2024  12:24 PM
I love scary OG

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/13/2024  1:15 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:This may sound crazy and we can't really control it, the best scenario might be dropping to 4th as the Magic (if they stay in 5th) have the worst road record( 18-23) of all those possible teams we can play with our homecourt advantage. I say play to win and just man up to whoever we get, if we have the 2 that is possibly 2 rounds at home. But, just a thought if they can control it.

Who would have thought that team seeding desirability would depend on where Philly lands, the final game of the season, and whether they could be in the top 6 or out? Parity city.

I do love how the NBA put all the East games at the same time and the West did the same, smart, as no team will know what is going on until later in their games. The NBA got something right for a change.

DLeethal wrote:I would say might as well go and try to get second now. High likelihood we win and Bucks lose and grab 2nd and we do not have any control who we play with all the scenarios and potential 2 and 3 way ties going into final game. Basically worse setup occurred with the other teams last night for us and nothing at all got settled and basically got more unpredictable with one game left. Even the 3 way tie scenario with us and MIL and CLE is crazy.

Yea given the unpredictability we can only try to control what we can control now. We can control avoiding Boston’s side of bracket that should be the goal. We would have to beat Philly to get to ECF either way. Teams out West deal with these types of first round matchups every year. It is what it is. Philly is a house money series with Randle out and us probably being an underdog. We do match up uniquely well with them too with our defensive bigs, Deuce to shadow Maxey and OG to completely neuter Tobias.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2024  1:30 PM
DLeethal wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:This may sound crazy and we can't really control it, the best scenario might be dropping to 4th as the Magic (if they stay in 5th) have the worst road record( 18-23) of all those possible teams we can play with our homecourt advantage. I say play to win and just man up to whoever we get, if we have the 2 that is possibly 2 rounds at home. But, just a thought if they can control it.

Who would have thought that team seeding desirability would depend on where Philly lands, the final game of the season, and whether they could be in the top 6 or out? Parity city.

I do love how the NBA put all the East games at the same time and the West did the same, smart, as no team will know what is going on until later in their games. The NBA got something right for a change.

DLeethal wrote:I would say might as well go and try to get second now. High likelihood we win and Bucks lose and grab 2nd and we do not have any control who we play with all the scenarios and potential 2 and 3 way ties going into final game. Basically worse setup occurred with the other teams last night for us and nothing at all got settled and basically got more unpredictable with one game left. Even the 3 way tie scenario with us and MIL and CLE is crazy.

Yea given the unpredictability we can only try to control what we can control now. We can control avoiding Boston’s side of bracket that should be the goal. We would have to beat Philly to get to ECF either way. Teams out West deal with these types of first round matchups every year. It is what it is. Philly is a house money series with Randle out and us probably being an underdog. We do match up uniquely well with them too with our defensive bigs, Deuce to shadow Maxey and OG to completely neuter Tobias.

Knicks can throw OG and Josh Hart on Embiid if they start screening.

martin
USA
4/13/2024  3:21 PM
martin
USA
4/13/2024  3:22 PM
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/13/2024  8:34 PM
martin wrote:

not sure I want to throw shade at the Nets - because this was us for 20years of Dolan's ownership before he lucked into Leon Rose.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/14/2024  12:22 AM
franco12 wrote:
martin wrote:

not sure I want to throw shade at the Nets - because this was us for 20years of Dolan's ownership before he lucked into Leon Rose.

Nah, I want all that smoke.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/14/2024  9:26 AM
martin wrote:
That's not nice 😂
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/14/2024  9:31 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
Someone on the board has been pushing for the Knicks to avoid 2 spot to avoid Philly and in this scenario if we stay in 3rd we get Philly.

Not sure it matters who we play - it's going to be a rugby scrum.

I think we matchup well with the Sixers. We got I Hart, Mitch and Jericho to throw at Embiid. Tobias doesn't want any part of OG. Maxed is the wildcard. Need Deuce and DDV to slow the him down.
[GT 4/12/24 7:30PM] Knicks vs Nets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy