[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What’s your opinion? Does this supernova Brunson ascension put pressure on FO to go all in this summer?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2024  10:06 PM
No wasting time.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2024  11:15 PM
Depends on the opportunity as presented.
Like Boston got to jump on Jrue Holiday and Porzingis. Brad Stevens ****ing nailed it.
He took risk on KP but adding him to that roster was awesome.
He and Leon should be up for Exec of the year along with Presti.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

4/12/2024  10:15 AM
Going "all in" exactly when the right player becomes available. No reaching (e.g., Spida). If we can get Mikal...do it. If we have to trade Randle, make sure we get a solid 4 back in the mix.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/12/2024  10:37 AM
"All in" is probably not the right phrase. But one offseason question has to be how to defend KP 26 feet from the basket.

BTW, are we going to talk about that 4th quarter where the Celts c team pressed the entire quarter and out scored our B unit by 20 points? Thought they were going to have to sub Brunson back in to beat the traps.

This is the Randle.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
4/12/2024  10:53 AM
Depends on the player, price and fit.
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

4/12/2024  11:15 AM
I think the team has been all in on winning since the Josh Hart deal. They just gave up a good rookie contract player and draft assets for 2 guys on the "wrong side of 30". They aren't thinking long-term. They are thinking now there just hasn't been a blockbuster trade option they thought would make them better. If there is they will pull the trigger
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/12/2024  11:17 AM
Going "all in" bringing Rokas stateside?
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/12/2024  11:20 AM
For the record I do not want LeBum, KD or KAT. Would love Giannis. Iffy on Spida.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/12/2024  11:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2024  1:49 PM
I look forward to the day the media and fans jonesing for a “star” is kaput. We have a star, our stars. By all means improve the team. But gutting depth and assets for a diva…hell no.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

4/12/2024  11:38 AM
Knicks haven't paid the luxury tax in years. I think it makes sense to keep Bogdanovic (at least for trade purposes), pay OG Achiuwa and I Hart. I Hart's salary is limited to 14 million with 8% raises, meaning a team would have to use cap space to sign him. I don't think he fits with Pistons Hornets or Spurs so hopefully Knicks can keep him. If the right vets want to sign here for MLE, Knicks should do it too- I'm thinking DeRozan or Chris Paul.

Looking around the league, I don't see any obvious candidates for a tear down. It seems like the biggest candidates are Chicago and Atlanta but neither team has shown much inclination to opt for a rebuild. If there ever was a time to spend the luxury tax, it's now.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2024  1:41 PM
no I think we are all in. I think we see Randle/Brunson/OG locked up. We have Mitch/Josh/DD/McBride all locked up for 2-4 more years. We have all our picks plus Dal/Mil sure to convey and Det/Was which look less useful.

Gut feeling is run it back, kick the draft picks down the road, bring in Rokus to compete w/ McBride or just be part of the bench. Isaiah is the only wildcard cause he can leave without us stopping him, but we have the chips to replace him if needed.

If we have normal injuries, turned ankles etc and Randle misses 15 game, OG misses 20 and Brunson misses 10 we are still like a 60 win team IMO. It all about winning post season series.

Miami will trade for Donovan... That's my 2c and let them.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
gradyandrew

4/12/2024  2:37 PM
fishmike wrote:no I think we are all in. I think we see Randle/Brunson/OG locked up. We have Mitch/Josh/DD/McBride all locked up for 2-4 more years. We have all our picks plus Dal/Mil sure to convey and Det/Was which look less useful.

Gut feeling is run it back, kick the draft picks down the road, bring in Rokus to compete w/ McBride or just be part of the bench. Isaiah is the only wildcard cause he can leave without us stopping him, but we have the chips to replace him if needed.

If we have normal injuries, turned ankles etc and Randle misses 15 game, OG misses 20 and Brunson misses 10 we are still like a 60 win team IMO. It all about winning post season series.

IHart has been a revelation this year- I just don't know how many teams are willing to commit a big salary to a center. I have always been a big fan of Andre Drummond and dude has earned about 6 million over the past three seasons.

Pistons 76ers Hornets Spurs Thunder all project to have significant cap space but I think they all have better or cheaper options on their rosters already.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2024  3:40 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
fishmike wrote:no I think we are all in. I think we see Randle/Brunson/OG locked up. We have Mitch/Josh/DD/McBride all locked up for 2-4 more years. We have all our picks plus Dal/Mil sure to convey and Det/Was which look less useful.

IHart has been a revelation this year- I just don't know how many teams are willing to commit a big salary to a center. I have always been a big fan of Andre Drummond and dude has earned about 6 million over the past three seasons.

Pistons 76ers Hornets Spurs Thunder all project to have significant cap space but I think they all have better or cheaper options on their rosters already.

Thunder could really use him. So could Det.

Hart has said he likes being here, has specifically said Thibs has helped him elevate some parts of his game and Im pretty sure his wife is model or socialite or whatever it is these days and THEY prefer to dwell in this area vs. OKC or somewhere else.

Fingers crossed. I do trust our FO to pivot if we lose him

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/12/2024  10:25 PM
martin wrote:No wasting time.

Without forcing the issue, definitely yes. We don’t know how long this Brunson level will last. And the rest of the group is clicking. I think the front office can convince themselves Brunson is a 1A guy. They just need another B guy.

martin
USA
4/12/2024  10:38 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Without forcing the issue, definitely yes. We don’t know how long this Brunson level will last. And the rest of the group is clicking. I think the front office can convince themselves Brunson is a 1A guy. They just need another B guy.

Even after Randle?

gradyandrew

4/13/2024  6:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

Thunder could really use him. So could Det.

Hart has said he likes being here, has specifically said Thibs has helped him elevate some parts of his game and Im pretty sure his wife is model or socialite or whatever it is these days and THEY prefer to dwell in this area vs. OKC or somewhere else.

Fingers crossed. I do trust our FO to pivot if we lose him

Yeah I think both those teams are possibilities, but for the Thunder they already have Holmgren. If they bring in IHart, he's likely not a starter. Years will also be important, as Knicks can compete with a 3 year+ 4 year Player option. Are Thunder going to want to carry IHart's salary when they project to have 3 max contract guys? Alternatively, would iHart want a Bruce Brown type deal that pays big upfront to hedge fewer contract years? At some point I think the total contract value is more important than the yearly rates.

Detroit is a.wasteland. IHart would be big help but it looks like they have zero forwards going forward while Big Stu and Duren are at least a solid rotation. Do they want to commit more salary to centers when they clearly need shooters? A big offer for OG makes more sense for Detroit.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

4/13/2024  8:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2024  8:42 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Even after Randle?

Trade Randle thread?

Going "All In" would be more like going "All "Out".
Knicks would have to give up 2 or 3 of their good players plus draft picks for guys like Spida and KT.
Not to mention, they would probably be one of our bargain contracts.
So why do that?
Some have to understand that we are no longer a team that needs to go "All In"
Do the Warriors, Buck, Celta, Nuggets, etc, need to go "All In"?
We now have several key pieces needed for a chip team.
We have to or 3 legitimate All Stars.
We have a good defensive minded coach.
We have guys that can shoot the three.
Finally!
We just need to add more smart pieces and low cost draft picks to fill small gaps.
Keep our Cap flexibility as long as possible.
Resign players who have fit well and elevated their games here.
But most importantly, maintain Chemistry.
I am looking for the FO to be smart enough to realize that minor adjustments can be made but remember the run we had in January when all our main pieces were healthy.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/13/2024  8:47 AM
Brunson is 27 with low miles on him, there's no big rush. We already kind of went ALL IN by trading RJ & IQ.

I think DDV's emergence, and even Iharts & Miles's, and the fact that we are showing we are still damn good even without Randle, I think we are better setup to just stay the course. We dont need to give Randle a huge contract in 2 years, heck we might even be fine letting him walk.

In the meantime we can draft someone this summer and bring over Rokas and I think we're already a legit contender next season.

martin
USA
4/13/2024  11:31 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Even after Randle?

Trade Randle thread?

Going "All In" would be more like going "All "Out".
Knicks would have to give up 2 or 3 of their good players plus draft picks for guys like Spida and KT.
Not to mention, they would probably be one of our bargain contracts.
So why do that?
Some have to understand that we are no longer a team that needs to go "All In"
Do the Warriors, Buck, Celta, Nuggets, etc, need to go "All In"?
We now have several key pieces needed for a chip team.
We have to or 3 legitimate All Stars.
We have a good defensive minded coach.
We have guys that can shoot the three.
Finally!
We just need to add more smart pieces and low cost draft picks to fill small gaps.
Keep our Cap flexibility as long as possible.
Resign players who have fit well and elevated their games here.
But most importantly, maintain Chemistry.
I am looking for the FO to be smart enough to realize that minor adjustments can be made but remember the run we had in January when all our main pieces were healthy.

I like this response.

For me, "All In" doesn't have to mean that we trade a bunch of players and picks for a starphuck, I am not even thinking of KAT or Spida or whatnot.

It does mean using as much of your resources as soon as you can to upgrade your team - could be bench, could be another 1b or 1c type starter, could be another 1a superstar - to maximize the amount of years you are having with Brunson to win as many championships as you can. The Knicks have not been in this mode and I think they are about to switch.

Like, if Knicks have identified their targets - whether that be Mikal or an overqualified bench PG - I would expect them to NOT wait patiently for the right *time* but be willing to slightly overpay to bring that level of player to your team now KNOWING you are now going for it. And to be honest, Brock Aller ain't gonna let us overpay but we'll all make sure a few second rounders come back in any trade to make him happy.

Up until maybe the Grimes trade, feel like the Knicks have been in slow, brick by brick build mode. I think that is about to change - whether draft or summer or just after the next season starts. The Knicks are gonna make different types of decisions that leads to moves or maybe it'll just be one move. The January run told us this. Not for nothing, but this playoffs for the Knicks is going to be a gigantic dry run - ignited by Jan run - for every other decision of what the FO will do going forward IMHO. It's unfortunate they don't have Randle; he gave it his best shot.

IMHO Mikal is going to get heavy consideration - iHart, Randle, OG, Mikal, Brunson - is just too juicy given the chemistry already created by Hart, DDV, Brunson. It's palpable. Mikal is also a near impossible challenge. But so was Brunson and OG and things got done.

After that....? Play making bench player? Doesn't have to necessarily be a PG.

In the back of my mind, one of the reasons to trade Grimes was to upgrade the contracts that you can trade going out, namely Bogey, Burks, Precious as examples. You could have kept Fournier but he is literally an anchor type trade player and Bogey is infinitely more moveable at the same contract level. Burks and Precious gives you smaller contracts you can mix and match. They can still give you semi quality minutes - thereby also giving a chance to enhance or at least keep value - while having small and medium contracts to match incoming salary. Grimes was heading in the wrong direction to the bench, and now as a bonus, they have McBride as an incredible valuable trade asset.

This draft time period and summer are going to be wet and wild for the Knicks.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/13/2024  12:05 PM
iHart better than Mitch.
Randle contract make him an off season trade CONCEPT to a team that will re-sign him and make him happy if we can’t?
I’d like to see us run this team back but there is a chess game to be played and while its fun to guess and predict, im chill to just enjoy what we got and if it happens give this FO the benefit of the doubt.
For example if Leon and Co. deem KAT to blend in better than Randle, perhaps that is an upgrade. Zion played a full seaosn healthy, maybe Kat can get in enough? Players do change trajectories often for both good and bad. Both are flawed all stars. Its a chemistry thing. FO thought OG was the **** and he was.
Kat has a crazy contract, Randle makes less. Minny needs to lower its cap. Just a concept, not an advocation.

Giannis is a freak. But when Freaks hit 30 the question is does he have the fundamentals to compensate what he loses as he gets older? They have Lillard and invested in Doc Rivers. The bones are not awful there but they need to get younger around their stars.

Little nate likes Zion for Randle. Interesting.
DM for picks, Deuce, Etc…………
In Leon we trust.

What’s your opinion? Does this supernova Brunson ascension put pressure on FO to go all in this summer?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy