[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Julius Randle injury update and Adam Silver's comments on Jontay Porter
Author Thread
HowieKomives
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9178

4/11/2024  11:09 AM
I'm impressed how the Knicks have hung in there despite all the injuries and losing Julius Randle for the season, which I expected all along and which they must have known was coming. But for me the Jontay Porter story dwarfs all of that. IMO these now-legal sports betting companies will be the death of pro sports as we know them. Proving links between suspicious bets and NBA insiders can be a lot more difficult than Adam Silver seems to realize. For example, anyone with any connection to anyone in the Knicks organization, or to Randle, or to Randle's medical team, etc., could have known he was done for the season long before it was announced to the rest of us. Inside information gets out.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2024  1:08 PM
HowieKomives wrote:I'm impressed how the Knicks have hung in there despite all the injuries and losing Julius Randle for the season, which I expected all along and which they must have known was coming. But for me the Jontay Porter story dwarfs all of that. IMO these now-legal sports betting companies will be the death of pro sports as we know them. Proving links between suspicious bets and NBA insiders can be a lot more difficult than Adam Silver seems to realize. For example, anyone with any connection to anyone in the Knicks organization, or to Randle, or to Randle's medical team, etc., could have known he was done for the season long before it was announced to the rest of us. Inside information gets out.

its an issue that has existed since the beginning of time. Greed and corruption. NBA has one thing going for it and it knows that keeping it as corrupt free as possible maintains its cred. Im not saying it has never been circumvented and the Danaghy ref scandel was not awful for them. That was 2007 and its still is ugly!
But......gambling existed before it was legal and perhaps by making it legit you get tax dollars that was circumvented, teams have a new revenue source and fans go lose their **** if they want to LEGALLY.
Me, I have never better a dime on team sports and not since im 18 have I been to see the horses race.
The Dodger thing with his interpreter sounds fishy. The kid will get paid to take the rap for the player. They were like best friends.
If Porter was betting on games that he was involved in that is grounds for his banishment. If not suspension might be in order.
These guys are told the rules. I'd even say they sign off on it. Its a big no no. Its the terms of his contract with the NBA.

HowieKomives
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9178

4/11/2024  8:58 PM
I'm not arguing with any of those reasonable comments. But -- legalizing sports betting has already made it a nearly $100 billion global industry expected to grow at over 9 percent per year, which I think is a conservative estimate. Eventually it will be larger than the major pro sports that brought it about, including the NBA. Inside information will be immensely valuable. That is a recipe for disaster in the form of huge scandals. Silver reminds us he has the authority to ban players for life, as if that provides fans with any reassurance. But I hope I'm wrong.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/11/2024  9:40 PM
HowieKomives wrote:I'm not arguing with any of those reasonable comments. But -- legalizing sports betting has already made it a nearly $100 billion global industry expected to grow at over 9 percent per year, which I think is a conservative estimate. Eventually it will be larger than the major pro sports that brought it about, including the NBA. Inside information will be immensely valuable. That is a recipe for disaster in the form of huge scandals. Silver reminds us he has the authority to ban players for life, as if that provides fans with any reassurance. But I hope I'm wrong.

I hate the betting for the NBA. I understand the business aspect of it.

I hate gambling but understand Vegas and think it’s AOK.

I hate gambling in the NBA, it’ll eventually get more corrupt.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Julius Randle injury update and Adam Silver's comments on Jontay Porter

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy