[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/9/24 8PM] Knicks at Bulls
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2024  11:20 AM
DD/Josh/Isaiah combine for 19 assists (6 TOs). This is what happens when you get the ball out of Brunson's hands. DD gets a jumper in space (a good shot), Josh goes right to the rim (a good shot) or Isaiah finds a cutter or floater those look pretty damn good too

Kinda reminds me of the Heat and when you play Bam/Butler well but their roll players are killing you.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  11:48 AM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:Brunson... dear god. 45pts/8assist and ONE turnover.

I love how prepared this squad is. Seems like whatever BS the other team runs at us and Brunson we are always ready. They blitz, double, run extra guys at him and the result is DD dropping 30, Josh getting triple doubles and IHart hitting every shot every time he gets the ball.

I am not for one minute of the belief that we are better without Randle, but I surely believe some players have benefitted and improved because of his absence. I think DD, Josh, Isiah and McBride all got shots and opportunities they dont see w/ Randle on the floor and I think we are a better team for it. With Brunson being who he is, Randle coming back as the 2nd option and this squad of 2 way guys this looks a lot like a 60 win team next year with reasonable health

Good clip here that speaks to your post, about 40 seconds in specifically.

phucking JJ... I love the guy but a little credit? Dude hit's me up like "hey fish... I missed the game, what did you see?"

Anyway yeah.. between the game plan or 3rd qtr adjustments we are ready and its just so damn refreshing. God I dont miss seeing stuff like what the Bucks are dealing with.

Really feels like we got a squad, a star, a FO with a brain and head coach that just lets his guys be themselves (so long as they are playing D and not turning the phucking ball over)

He's dreamy

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/10/2024  12:11 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

Concerns coming out of this one ——

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- I long for more Precious
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

I am not saying I wouldn't welcome a 2nd ball handler but I don't think we need one when JB is on the floor. If a team blitzes they are giving up an advantage. You don't need a second ball handler to create one. Be properly spaced, take the CnS 3 when open, move the ball faster than rotations, and drive downhill if you have a 4 on 3. Guys like Hart, DDV, Deuce, I-Hart, and OG are good enough with the ball to do these things.

Yeah I was talking more so when Jalen sits.

LivingLegend

4/10/2024  12:19 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

I’ll add with Precious instead of Mitch we miss some rim protection but we add a legit wing defender to contain penetration and switch high/screen roll.

Hope Mitch body wakes up fast but if he’s a dud hope Thibs throws the Precious switch

Let's see what we do in different matchups. CHI dominated the boards on us in the first matchup. Thibs most likely had a game plan to keep size on them and stuck to it even when Drummond went out.

Also, like Bogey, I think it's important to get Mitch into a groove. He needs reps. I think Mitch is going to have a long leash to work himself back into game shape.

100%. Didn't even see this yet and just posted same.

Not disagreeing that it’s important to get Mitch into a groove or that Thibs will give him a long leash.

Now - having agreed on those fronts I do wonder if Mitch over Precious is the right move. Yes Mitch had big series vs Cavs but also he was invisible vs Heat when Bam destroyed us. If there is a 1 trick pony in this league it’s Mitch.

If I compare Mitch to Precious I certainly give Mitch the rim protection nod but if I consider passing, scoring, free throw shooting - straight man D, switchable D, running the floor I give those all to Precious and quite frankly when given minutes Precious was offensive rebounding at an elite level and dare u say he may be the better overall rebounder. Big thing is defensive versatility and he doesn’t kill our offensive flow.

I’m probably underestimating Mitch’s rim protection impact but he’s always been a player that’s left me underwhelmed as a basketball player.

How do you go 5 years and not improve any facet of your game besides being stronger???

LivingLegend

4/10/2024  12:21 PM
martin wrote:OG is really good at spacing and finding spacing. I just love the way he moves into gaps

And this isn't a dig on RJ or Grimes (and perhaps even IQ to a lesser degree) but I don't think either of those guys knew how to relocate like OG and DDV do. It's the same with Mitch versus iHart. Mostly an experience thing. Makes it a thousand times easier for Brunson.

Great timing by OG - understands when/where and spacing. Where we lack pure scoring talent in Julius there is the hope that collectively without Julius maybe a more movement/cutting based offense can keep us close late in games. It is daunting thinking we really only have 1 legit creator where many other teams will have minimum 2 and sometimes 3.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  1:02 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I’ll add with Precious instead of Mitch we miss some rim protection but we add a legit wing defender to contain penetration and switch high/screen roll.

Hope Mitch body wakes up fast but if he’s a dud hope Thibs throws the Precious switch

Let's see what we do in different matchups. CHI dominated the boards on us in the first matchup. Thibs most likely had a game plan to keep size on them and stuck to it even when Drummond went out.

Also, like Bogey, I think it's important to get Mitch into a groove. He needs reps. I think Mitch is going to have a long leash to work himself back into game shape.

Not disagreeing that it’s important to get Mitch into a groove or that Thibs will give him a long leash.

Now - having agreed on those fronts I do wonder if Mitch over Precious is the right move. Yes Mitch had big series vs Cavs but also he was invisible vs Heat when Bam destroyed us. If there is a 1 trick pony in this league it’s Mitch.

If I compare Mitch to Precious I certainly give Mitch the rim protection nod but if I consider passing, scoring, free throw shooting - straight man D, switchable D, running the floor I give those all to Precious and quite frankly when given minutes Precious was offensive rebounding at an elite level and dare u say he may be the better overall rebounder. Big thing is defensive versatility and he doesn’t kill our offensive flow.

I’m probably underestimating Mitch’s rim protection impact but he’s always been a player that’s left me underwhelmed as a basketball player.

How do you go 5 years and not improve any facet of your game besides being stronger???

How about this take: If we happen to match up against Philly, Mitch is more important than Precious. Same with Cleveland.

Precious prob get minutes against Miami, Boston.

Like that.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  1:32 PM
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

4/10/2024  2:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2024  2:04 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

How about this take: If we happen to match up against Philly, Mitch is more important than Precious. Same with Cleveland.

Precious prob get minutes against Miami, Boston.

Like that.

I think even some of us Thibs “likers” have some anxiety about him having a doghouse. For the most part I’d say it’s not a doghouse so much as him being firm in his philosophy - some would put it as stuck in his ways. But since the guiding point of that philosophy is to win, I suspect this last point could be the case. Which player gives you the best matchup. In the meantime I also agree he’s trying to shake the rust off Mitch and OG.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/10/2024  2:38 PM
Just talking for a second about the Bulls - we got outrebounded in both games against them this week. It closer yesterday, but with Drummond sitting out the 2nd half, was still a decent margin. We rarely get beat on the boards, so kudos for them for playing the size/hustle game better. I think they are much tougher team than they were earlier this year- DeMar and Coby White are tough, Caruso is a hard nosed player, we've ALWAYS had problems with Vuc who is a very good offensive big. They could give someone difficulty in the play in rounds. The chances of them playing the Heat again in a single elimination seem high, and I think they could take them.

That said I think DRUMMOND is actually key. He seems to be really playing well for them despite appearing to be wildly out of shape. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get wheeled off before.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  2:46 PM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2024  3:09 PM
VDesai wrote:Just talking for a second about the Bulls - we got outrebounded in both games against them this week. It closer yesterday, but with Drummond sitting out the 2nd half, was still a decent margin. We rarely get beat on the boards, so kudos for them for playing the size/hustle game better. I think they are much tougher team than they were earlier this year- DeMar and Coby White are tough, Caruso is a hard nosed player, we've ALWAYS had problems with Vuc who is a very good offensive big. They could give someone difficulty in the play in rounds. The chances of them playing the Heat again in a single elimination seem high, and I think they could take them.

That said I think DRUMMOND is actually key. He seems to be really playing well for them despite appearing to be wildly out of shape. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone get wheeled off before.

The play in for both conferences is nuts. The only situation that Trae Young scares me is a single elimination game cause he can go off and do some crazy things. Mia/Phili playing each other for 7/8 is also nuts. I just cant wait. Hope Indy holds onto 6. Pacers Knicks would be a fun first round also (anxiety)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
4/10/2024  4:38 PM
martin
USA
4/10/2024  6:09 PM
[GT 4/9/24 8PM] Knicks at Bulls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy