[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 4/9/24 8PM] Knicks at Bulls
Author Thread
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

4/10/2024  9:03 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

Concerns coming out of this one ——

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- I long for more Precious
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

I am not saying I wouldn't welcome a 2nd ball handler but I don't think we need one when JB is on the floor. If a team blitzes they are giving up an advantage. You don't need a second ball handler to create one. Be properly spaced, take the CnS 3 when open, move the ball faster than rotations, and drive downhill if you have a 4 on 3. Guys like Hart, DDV, Deuce, I-Hart, and OG are good enough with the ball to do these things.

AUTOADVERT
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

4/10/2024  9:06 AM
Rookie wrote:Precious - dnp
Bogdanovic - 9 min

Deuce has made it into the circle of trust.

I still think Bogy can help this team. I'd like to see his standard me 14-20. I don't think Precious should see the floor moving forward unless we are searching and I don't think we should ever be searching with him at the 4.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/10/2024  9:13 AM
I don't think we saw the Bogie lineup that worked well the night before at all yesterday. Where he was playing with OG and Mitch. I could be wrong but don't recall seeing it.
DLeethal

4/10/2024  9:19 AM
I think last night was the playoff rotation though. 8 guys. Precious maybe finds an angle for some mins depending on the matchup.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  9:53 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:Surprised the Precious lost his minutes so quickly. Would love some insight into that logic.

Pure guess: Mostly to give Mitch and Bogey more minutes. Thibs and team already knows what is has with Precious but the other 2 guys haven't yet found their groove and they need to for the playoffs.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/10/2024  9:54 AM
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

Concerns coming out of this one ——

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- I long for more Precious
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

I’ll add with Precious instead of Mitch we miss some rim protection but we add a legit wing defender to contain penetration and switch high/screen roll.

Hope Mitch body wakes up fast but if he’s a dud hope Thibs throws the Precious switch

Let's see what we do in different matchups. CHI dominated the boards on us in the first matchup. Thibs most likely had a game plan to keep size on them and stuck to it even when Drummond went out.

Also, like Bogey, I think it's important to get Mitch into a groove. He needs reps. I think Mitch is going to have a long leash to work himself back into game shape.

100%. Didn't even see this yet and just posted same.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2024  10:01 AM
OG is really good at spacing and finding spacing. I just love the way he moves into gaps

And this isn't a dig on RJ or Grimes (and perhaps even IQ to a lesser degree) but I don't think either of those guys knew how to relocate like OG and DDV do. It's the same with Mitch versus iHart. Mostly an experience thing. Makes it a thousand times easier for Brunson.

DLeethal

4/10/2024  10:04 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:Surprised the Precious lost his minutes so quickly. Would love some insight into that logic.

Pure guess: Mostly to give Mitch and Bogey more minutes. Thibs and team already knows what is has with Precious but the other 2 guys haven't yet found their groove and they need to for the playoffs.

Agree but also OG. He's played 35 mins last two games after 28 his first game back. He's pretty much our 4 man now that Julius is out and Hart is still playing 40+ mpg at the 3.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  10:06 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Agree but also OG. He's played 35 mins last two games after 28 his first game back. He's pretty much our 4 man now that Julius is out and Hart is still playing 40+ mpg at the 3.

100%. The OG PF minutes.

DLeethal

4/10/2024  10:07 AM
martin wrote:OG is really good at spacing and finding spacing. I just love the way he moves into gaps

And this isn't a dig on RJ or Grimes (and perhaps even IQ to a lesser degree) but I don't think either of those guys knew how to relocate like OG and DDV do. It's the same with Mitch versus iHart. Mostly an experience thing. Makes it a thousand times easier for Brunson.

Yea that is why he made such an impact immediately. We were sorely lacking that kind of high IQ off-ball player in the starting lineup, and couple it with elite defense at a position of need, it was a perfect fit.

I would argue that DDV brings the same thing, in a different way, at the 2 spot. He doesn't just stand and wait he finds open space and moves to the passing angles and will shoot the 3 from anywhere around the arc as opposed to just "his spots". With ball dominant guys you NEED guys who can find gaps. It's why our offense looks fluid AF now despite remaining iso heavy. iHart another guy who finds gaps on the interior and sprays it back around.

DLeethal

4/10/2024  10:18 AM
Also just want to show some love to DDV for banging that half court heave after the Bulls kind of embarrassed us with those B2B threes to cut it to 3 before halftime. That was a pretty big moment to pour water on any good feelings they had going into halftime.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2024  10:21 AM
DLeethal wrote:Also just want to show some love to DDV for banging that half court heave after the Bulls kind of embarrassed us with those B2B threes to cut it to 3 before halftime. That was a pretty big moment to pour water on any good feelings they had going into halftime.
that was such a phuck you to the Bulls it was wild. Barely a celebration... just business
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
4/10/2024  10:31 AM
Brunson... dear god. 45pts/8assist and ONE turnover.

I love how prepared this squad is. Seems like whatever BS the other team runs at us and Brunson we are always ready. They blitz, double, run extra guys at him and the result is DD dropping 30, Josh getting triple doubles and IHart hitting every shot every time he gets the ball.

I am not for one minute of the belief that we are better without Randle, but I surely believe some players have benefitted and improved because of his absence. I think DD, Josh, Isiah and McBride all got shots and opportunities they dont see w/ Randle on the floor and I think we are a better team for it. With Brunson being who he is, Randle coming back as the 2nd option and this squad of 2 way guys this looks a lot like a 60 win team next year with reasonable health

DLeethal

4/10/2024  10:41 AM
fishmike wrote:Brunson... dear god. 45pts/8assist and ONE turnover.

I love how prepared this squad is. Seems like whatever BS the other team runs at us and Brunson we are always ready. They blitz, double, run extra guys at him and the result is DD dropping 30, Josh getting triple doubles and IHart hitting every shot every time he gets the ball.

I am not for one minute of the belief that we are better without Randle, but I surely believe some players have benefitted and improved because of his absence. I think DD, Josh, Isiah and McBride all got shots and opportunities they dont see w/ Randle on the floor and I think we are a better team for it. With Brunson being who he is, Randle coming back as the 2nd option and this squad of 2 way guys this looks a lot like a 60 win team next year with reasonable health

Good clip here that speaks to your post, about 40 seconds in specifically.

Clean
Member: #743
4/10/2024  10:44 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Clean wrote:

This is actually the part I think is impressive. He went from getting stalled by the doubles to getting a Curry-like ability to get that ball back into his hands for an open look. He was getting stuck and picking up his dribble (and still making fascinating passes in double coverage) to using trickery to break the double and find the open man. He turned it up a notch.

Not for nothing, the motion offense the Knicks are running is still a little rough around the edges, but is clearly developing into something special. They are trusting each other and making the most efficient play available. IHart gave up his 6 foot floater for an OG dunk. Passing up a contested mid range jump shot for the open 3. Smart basketball.

Mitch needs more reps and quickly. Vucevic was rolling uncontested to the rim pretty much all night. They didn’t really have an answer for that.

Surprised the Precious lost his minutes so quickly. Would love some insight into that logic.

I agree. I think having iHart in the starting lineup with all the skills that he brings helps with Brunson dealing with all the attention. Thibs also trusting iHart to be a passer now is also huge. If Mitch was starting all he would do is roll to the rim and wait for a lob or try and grab a rebound. This is why we can not let iHart go. He is so important.

martin
USA
4/10/2024  10:48 AM

I am not for one minute of the belief that we are better without Randle, but I surely believe some players have benefitted and improved because of his absence.
I think DD, Josh, Isiah and McBride all got shots and opportunities they dont see w/ Randle on the floor and I think we are a better team for it. With Brunson being who he is, Randle coming back as the 2nd option and this squad of 2 way guys this looks a lot like a 60 win team next year with reasonable health

I was about to start a topic on this.

Without Randle, RJ, IQ... Brunson has had all the responsibility of handling ball (give or take). And with injury comes opportunity and that begets the brilliance. He passed the test IMHO and is on cusp of Super Star level. Gonna have dominant performances in playoffs and then watch out next year, especially with healthy OG, Mitch, iHart, Randle.

Same deal with DDV replacing Grimes in lineup. And iHart for Mitch. McBride filled in starting lineup when OG went down. And let us not forget that Mitch dominated Cleveland's bigs all by himself last year and everyone else at the beginning of this season before injury.

They all passed their tests. Well, Bogey and Burks need to go back to summer school

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/10/2024  11:09 AM

Geez...last season we could barely in bound the ball in crunch time without turning it over. What a freaking difference to this season. I can't wait to see what tweeks we make to the team in the summer. But first! Let's win some playoff games. Randle is missed but this is a high IQ squad without him. The ball and player movement makes teams play defense and it wears them down. I rarely see us playing ISO ball since Randle got injured. Love the dude but he makes the offense very predictable when he calls for the ball and then starts banging 1 on 5 while everyone else is standing around watching. He also rests on Defense. OG and Hart never rest...even when they sleep

fishmike
USA
4/10/2024  11:11 AM
DLeethal wrote:

Good clip here that speaks to your post, about 40 seconds in specifically.

phucking JJ... I love the guy but a little credit? Dude hit's me up like "hey fish... I missed the game, what did you see?"

Anyway yeah.. between the game plan or 3rd qtr adjustments we are ready and its just so damn refreshing. God I dont miss seeing stuff like what the Bucks are dealing with.

Really feels like we got a squad, a star, a FO with a brain and head coach that just lets his guys be themselves (so long as they are playing D and not turning the phucking ball over)

fishmike
USA
4/10/2024  11:13 AM
Rookie wrote:

Geez...last season we could barely in bound the ball in crunch time without turning it over. What a freaking difference to this season. I can't wait to see what tweeks we make to the team in the summer. But first! Let's win some playoff games. Randle is missed but this is a high IQ squad without him. The ball and player movement makes teams play defense and it wears them down. I rarely see us playing ISO ball since Randle got injured. Love the dude but he makes the offense very predictable when he calls for the ball and then starts banging 1 on 5 while everyone else is standing around watching. He also rests on Defense. OG and Hart never rest...even when they sleep

we play ISO on every possession. Literally the whole thing is built around getting Brunson being guarded by 1 guy in space with someone to pass it too.

Also look at how Randle was playing after the OG trade. That's really the style to focus on. Whole team got better

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/10/2024  11:15 AM
fishmike wrote:
Rookie wrote:

we play ISO on every possession. Literally the whole thing is built around getting Brunson being guarded by 1 guy in space with someone to pass it too.

Also look at how Randle was playing after the OG trade. That's really the style to focus on. Whole team got better

Yeah I guess you're right. Randle is missed. Just not the bonehead stuff

[GT 4/9/24 8PM] Knicks at Bulls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy