USA
4/9/2024  10:44 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/9/2024  10:45 PM
Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

Concerns coming out of this one ——

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- I long for more Precious
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
And he seems hesitant about receiving passes, he could have had 2 more dunks with clean catches down low. I hope it is improving each game and he keeps up the offensive aggression.

martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Big game from OG thank you Jesus. Just interviewed on the radio end and says he's feeling good. I like that even better.

When he slammed that early dunk and didn’t grimace in pain that was very nice to see

We all held our collective breaths though right?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
Don’t stop the count!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/9/2024  10:46 PM
Precious - dnp
Bogdanovic - 9 min

Deuce has made it into the circle of trust.

martin
USA
4/9/2024  10:47 PM
LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

- Bogey didn’t play in 2nd (I don’t think and was holding that wrist in 1st half)
- Mitch played 20 minutes, barely dented the box score and was invisible guarding screen/roll,or the basket
- we are so reliant on Jalen with the ball and Josh/Donte sometimes careless with the rock
- in hindsight wish we’d found a more legit ball handler at the deadline (RIP “Put him in the trunk” Burks

Mitch looks waaaaayyyy out of shape.

And I’m guessing Thibs gonna start to lock Burks in the locker room, don’t let him near the bench LOL

LivingLegend

LivingLegend wrote:Nice win - thanks to Jalen, Josh, OG, I-Hart and Donte despite some lazy/crazy plays

I’ll add with Precious instead of Mitch we miss some rim protection but we add a legit wing defender to contain penetration and switch high/screen roll.

Hope Mitch body wakes up fast but if he’s a dud hope Thibs throws the Precious switch

martin
USA
LivingLegend

4/9/2024  10:49 PM
martin wrote:

And I’m guessing Thibs gonna start to lock Burks in the locker room, don’t let him near the bench LOL

Thibs is going to toss Burks a City Dancer outfit and burn the uniform

On that front must be so hard for a guy like Thibs who wanted Burks and Burks shows up and is a big turd burger

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/9/2024  10:50 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Big game from OG thank you Jesus. Just interviewed on the radio end and says he's feeling good. I like that even better.
When he slammed that early dunk and didn't grimace in pain that was very nice to see
I was more worried when he pump faked DeRozan and DeRozan landed on him. He bumped his elbow on the fall.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/9/2024  10:51 PM
martin wrote:

Not for nothing, but between this version of Mitch and Precious, I’m going with Precious in the playoffs. Remember when Mitch was injured all summer and in took him months to get his rhythm

NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
4/9/2024  10:57 PM
Or when he got blocked from behind by Caruso. That was my oh no moment of the game for OG.

NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
When he slammed that early dunk and didn't grimace in pain that was very nice to see
I was more worried when he pump faked DeRozan and DeRozan landed on him. He bumped his elbow on the fall.
martin
USA
4/9/2024  11:23 PM
Clean
Member: #743
4/10/2024  2:48 AM
MS
Member: #724
4/10/2024  3:58 AM
If anyone aside from Joker or SGA is ahead of Brunson for MVP the league has a real problem.

Not one player had to deal with a major mid season trade and 3/5 of the starters each missing 20+ games. Randle (36)
Mitch (52) OG and IHart has been severely limited with a nagging injury.

It’s team everyone acknowledges what this city already knows which is we have a 1A this is the guy and Brunson is first team all NBA

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
4/10/2024  7:13 AM
Clean wrote:

This is actually the part I think is impressive. He went from getting stalled by the doubles to getting a Curry-like ability to get that ball back into his hands for an open look. He was getting stuck and picking up his dribble (and still making fascinating passes in double coverage) to using trickery to break the double and find the open man. He turned it up a notch.

Not for nothing, the motion offense the Knicks are running is still a little rough around the edges, but is clearly developing into something special. They are trusting each other and making the most efficient play available. IHart gave up his 6 foot floater for an OG dunk. Passing up a contested mid range jump shot for the open 3. Smart basketball.

Mitch needs more reps and quickly. Vucevic was rolling uncontested to the rim pretty much all night. They didn’t really have an answer for that.

Surprised the Precious lost his minutes so quickly. Would love some insight into that logic.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/10/2024  8:20 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

I’ll add with Precious instead of Mitch we miss some rim protection but we add a legit wing defender to contain penetration and switch high/screen roll.

Hope Mitch body wakes up fast but if he’s a dud hope Thibs throws the Precious switch

Let's see what we do in different matchups. CHI dominated the boards on us in the first matchup. Thibs most likely had a game plan to keep size on them and stuck to it even when Drummond went out.

Also, like Bogey, I think it's important to get Mitch into a groove. He needs reps. I think Mitch is going to have a long leash to work himself back into game shape.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/10/2024  8:37 AM
I really hope fans are taking the time to appreciate what we are seeing from Brunson cause this is the best player I have ever seen in my over 30 years watching this team. I was too young and didn't follow Bernard King in the 80s or Ewing in the 89-90 season so no disrespect to those guys but Brunson this season to me is the best individual season from a Knicks player. He has eclipsed what I saw from Ewing and Melo. Another 45 last night. It's becoming so routine and there is nothing any team can do to stop him! They have tried every type of defense and he just shreds it. Caruso is an All-NBA defender and Brunson cooked him all game long! Truly grateful and blessed to see this right now. He is amazing!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
4/10/2024  8:38 AM
ccch
Member: #3876

4/10/2024  8:55 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

And this!

[GT 4/9/24 8PM] Knicks at Bulls

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy