martin wrote:Probably

Oh, absolutely!

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/8/2024  9:16 AM
Doc Rivers is a JAG coach. Dude is a horrible Xs and Os coach. Once a Knick...but man...
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/8/2024  9:52 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Doc Rivers is a JAG coach. Dude is a horrible Xs and Os coach. Once a Knick...but man...

His schtick seems to be wearing out and he’s always pushing blame which will lose you respect with players fast.

Clean
Member: #743
4/8/2024  10:05 AM
Clean
Member: #743
4/8/2024  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  10:15 AM
Love Quick and Rj but even an injured OG is a gamechanger. We have never had someone who gave Giannis this much trouble outside of one game from Taj. Giannis is in MVP range with a good whistle so he is still going to get numbers but what OG did to him in the 2nd half was simply amazing. No chance we win this game without OG. Giannis would have played even better and been able to hold off our comeback.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/8/2024  10:17 AM
He is unreal. What doesn't show up in the box score or even that easily in the highlight tape is how many shots OG prevented Giannis from taking. Giannis was not getting into the paint easily in the 4th. He was hanging on the perimeter and somewhat indecisive given his lack of outside shooting ability. He made a few nice passes and set up some offense here and there, but I think the biggest thing to stopping Giannis was preventing his forays into the paint and his attempts. He still shot a high %, but getting on 28 on 50% shooting (20 shots) when he averages 31 ppg on 61% shooting and 21 shots is actually forcing a below average game.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/8/2024  10:18 AM
NYKBocker wrote:

Oh, absolutely!

Would've gone with the Wilt/locker room/100 sign myself

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2024  10:37 AM
phucking Thibs man... I just love this team and how they play.

I especially love the plan. It's not JUST playing hard on defense. Obviously OG was great on defense, but he's got help. When OG wasnt hounding Giannis Josh was in unrelenting fashion. Neither of those guys were expected to just stop or slow him so we were letting him take certain lanes right into help or traffic where our centers were meeting him at the rim or our wings were ripping at the ball.

2nd half was a straight up coaching clinic and the Thibs crew totally showed out.

With OG/Mitch getting healthy team is looking nasty again

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/8/2024  10:39 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Julius and their pick back for Giannis. Fair ?

Prob add 3 more picks, Mitch and Deuce lol

As long as you “trade Randle” of course.

DLeethal

4/8/2024  10:40 AM
I'm still worried about OG's elbow. I'm hoping his mechanics and everything look a little off because of the brace and not because of elbow pain. He definitely still ginger with it, saw him on the ground a couple times last night where a teammate went to help him up and he awkwardly used his left arm to avoid using his right. I know that's being smart but I have PTSD with him and that elbow.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/8/2024  10:41 AM
Total team win. Brunson was unstoppable but the supporting cast really stepped up. Bogey's buckets to start the 4th were huge. We need that in those non-Brunson minutes. DVo with 8 threes! Mitch with back to back blocks and diving on the floor, although I'd prefer he not do that. And OGA with just insane defense on everybody! He makes timely stops that just deflate a team.

But back to Brunson. How many games have we had this year where he's completely outplayed players on the other team who are ranked higher? I don't care what the media says. Brunson is a top 5 player this year.

Now tied for 3rd and one game behind 2nd. I still do not care where we end up as long as we avoid Miami. And Philly with Embiid. I'll take my chances against any other teams.

DLeethal

4/8/2024  10:45 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  10:46 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Total team win. Brunson was unstoppable but the supporting cast really stepped up. Bogey's buckets to start the 4th were huge. We need that in those non-Brunson minutes. DVo with 8 threes! Mitch with back to back blocks and diving on the floor, although I'd prefer he not do that. And OGA with just insane defense on everybody! He makes timely stops that just deflate a team.

But back to Brunson. How many games have we had this year where he's completely outplayed players on the other team who are ranked higher? I don't care what the media says. Brunson is a top 5 player this year.

Now tied for 3rd and one game behind 2nd. I still do not care where we end up as long as we avoid Miami. And Philly with Embiid. I'll take my chances against any other teams.

I love how the Bogey mins looked in the second half. Surround him with stud defenders like Deuce, Hart, OG, Mitch. And simply let him iso and go to work each possession and find a groove. Not playing Burks during those mins and staggering OG was the biggest shift.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2024  11:03 AM
DLeethal wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Total team win. Brunson was unstoppable but the supporting cast really stepped up. Bogey's buckets to start the 4th were huge. We need that in those non-Brunson minutes. DVo with 8 threes! Mitch with back to back blocks and diving on the floor, although I'd prefer he not do that. And OGA with just insane defense on everybody! He makes timely stops that just deflate a team.

I love how the Bogey mins looked in the second half. Surround him with stud defenders like Deuce, Hart, OG, Mitch. And simply let him iso and go to work each possession and find a groove. Not playing Burks during those mins and staggering OG was the biggest shift.

agree that was a big adjustment... but that's also cause OG was available and he should push Burks down in the rotation.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
4/8/2024  11:08 AM

3 is the ideal spot. Home court, avoid Miami and Philly and avoid Boston second round

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/8/2024  11:49 AM
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Worst thing we can do is get the 2 seed now I hope they are smarter than that. We’ve been so beat up I would rest final 3 games before I fought for 2 seed.

Please explain why we don’t want 2 seed.

I don’t agree and doesn’t look like team does either - are you afraid of a specific team because they are all tough and you have to play 3 of the best to get to finals.

Because playing a team that’s on a 65 win pace as a 7 seed is not good for the Knicks.

I’m not expecting a undermanned Knicks team to make the Finals. I just want to give it hell and try to win as much as we can. Playing Philly round 1 because we think we’re tough is unwise and we can avoid it as a team who’s been playing guys 40mpg for months and could rest a few of the final games.

I wouldn’t say team agrees or disagrees. We just lost 4 of 5. We had to win a couple of the final 5 games to avoid play-in. We will see how they handle it once we lock in 3-4-5 seeds.

The fact that ORL plays MIL twice and they both own tie breaker on us might make it impossible for us to get the 2 seed which is good. One of them will likely be guaranteed to get it.

So you are afraid of Philly?

I think Philly with Embiid has the highest probability of beating Knicks without Randle in first round then any other potential matchup. I’d prefer not to lose in first round. Label that as you will. I’m going with logic and reason over macho emotion. Philly matchup is 100% avoidable. We don’t need to run our guys into the ground any longer once we settle into a comfortable playoff seed.

I hear you on Philly respect I just don’t think we know what teams are going to end up where and best course is to just keep grinding. Also think we match up as well as anybody with Philly as we can run out 3 to 4 centers on Embid and we also have Deuce and more importantly OG to throw at Maxey.

I’m the last guy to underestimate any opponent- hell I don’t want Miami, Indy or Orlando either - can we get a bye?

OG and Mitch getting in shape really seem like the key’s because with them fully ready we can at least grind teams defensively with our entire roster.

Thanks for clarification.

LivingLegend

4/8/2024  11:51 AM
DLeethal wrote:

The Lillard whistle was unreal last night. I haven’t seen that much unearned whistle action while giving no love on the other end maybe ever.

Yes - for whatever reason you can’t breathe on Lillard and/or the Greek - it’s an issue if you get Bucks in playoffs because 4th quarter whistles could get dicey.

LivingLegend

4/8/2024  11:54 AM
nycericanguy wrote:even though OG and Mitch are back, they really aren't there yet. I mean Mitch looks huge and not in a good way. and OG is rusty.

if we can get those guys on track, and Bogs coming along. I mean I almost feel like Bogs should start at PF. Randle isn't a good defender either but his offense overcame that. Bogs can get 20 in his sleep if he starts and plays 30mpg. and teams gotta respect him 25+ feet out.

I don’t see Thibs removing either Josh or OG from starting line-up and Bogey seems to be finding some rhythm.

I like the 2nd unit with Bogey and 3 solid defenders playing with him —- giving him green light to get buckets but protecting him some on D.

LivingLegend

4/8/2024  11:57 AM
I love when other teams player are driving to the lane looking for a shot and OG’s 10 foot arm/hand comes out to pluck/deflect the ball.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/8/2024  11:58 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

The Lillard whistle was unreal last night. I haven’t seen that much unearned whistle action while giving no love on the other end maybe ever.

Yes - for whatever reason you can’t breathe on Lillard and/or the Greek - it’s an issue if you get Bucks in playoffs because 4th quarter whistles could get dicey.

I’ve always had the underlying sense that up and coming players on teams that are destined for things - think Jordan with Chicago or Curry and GS - the NBA pushes them to set up rivalries and storylines or some such scenarios.

Just a right of passage and we hate it but also must recognize the respect that it indicates.

Good things coming for the Knicks and Brunson and the rest from top to bottom. They’ve earned it for sure.

For me, it’s a fantastic indicator

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/8/2024  12:00 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I love when other teams player are driving to the lane looking for a shot and OG’s 10 foot arm/hand comes out to pluck/deflect the ball.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
[GT 4/7/24 7PM] Knicks at Bucks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy