fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2024  12:16 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
martin wrote:
TheMTL wrote:Eh, I'm not keen on Donovan Mitchell anymore. Brunson has ascended to his level and I see alot of redundancies in both their games.

This team would do better with an SG like Mikal Bridges. Someone who can score 20ppg but doesn't need to though. And can play elite defense at the 2.

You right.

After having had lots and lots of coffee this morning, and let's just say having had a good, long opportunity to sit and think, I am off the Donovan train for the Knicks. For the moment at least I'd guess that Donovan will try for the Knicks - cause why not, right - but it's just too complex a maneuver, for reasons.

And really, when you have Steph Curry on your team, do you want a second one or is it better to put your resources into getting a Klay Thompson compliment next to him?

I'd guess that the Knicks FO probably are targeting guys more like Mikal and Deni. My dream is both

Deni this offseason, Mikal after that. Let Deuce work on his handle and PG skills; for me, he has shown enough in that area.

A package that includes McBride/Mitch and say 3 FRPs feels like a good starting point for Bridges and he's guy who's fit makes sense. Brunson/Bridges/OG/Randle/IHart with DD/Josh and another rim protector (or maybe Precious) is a pretty sick line up

That's the kind of upgrade I would look at. I am not looking at anything that's not a clear upgrade on both sides of the ball. Is Donovan coming here to play off the ball and elite defense? That's what we need next to Brunson. Otherwise I'll just setting for beating Donovan in the first round each year

For me, that's just too much. I think. If Claxton leaves, you have leverage against them on the Mitch-inclusion front.

I don't know if I'd do it but I guess it would depend on the picks and the plan to shore up the backup C position cause that is KEY in the Knicks system, more than the desperation for Mikal at SG, cause you have McBride, DDV, Hart to cover that spot.

well that's the thing... Im not desperate. I love McBride but Bridges is so much better and has size.

Our depth is already good enough for 50+... look at what a **** show this year was and we are almost at 50

I am NOT looking to break up the DD/Brunson backcourt. Bridges just makes us bigger and a bit deeper. I dont include Mitch in that unless there's a clear backup plan.

If I was running the team I would literally run it back. Do what I can to keep IHart. OG is already resigned. Extend Brunson/Randle. Josh/DD/McBride/Mitch all locked up for a couple years. We got a ton of picks if someone shakes loose. Otherwise maybe I draft a guy but Im looking to bring in Rokus to compete w/ McBride for backup 1/2 and kick those draft picks down the road for more and more

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/10/2024  1:27 PM
What about Rokas and Deuce as a back court for second unit?
Let the Donovan to NY chatter officially begin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy