[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Let the Donovan to NY chatter officially begin
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
4/7/2024  8:51 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Now that we traded RJ and IQ I think any trade for DM would have to involve a 3rd team at this point.

CLE isn't going to want a bunch of picks, they're going to want players to help them now too.

The other issue is we have such a strong NOVA thing going on that it almost makes those guys untouchable, especially considering Brunson will be due a contract after next season, so do you risk upsetting him by trading DDV?

If DDV is off the table you're looking at Miles + picks as our assets but that's not nearly enough. I think Randle or Mitch would have to be flipped to a 3rd team that could give CLE a solid player.

My guess is we would bring in multiple teams, so likely a 4 team trade, moving contracts and picks to each additional team that has quality players we can route to Cleveland. For example, Knicks can move a contact and picks to Washington for Kuzma and/or to Portland for Grant and Brogdon. Guys like that would help keep cleveland competitive.

AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/7/2024  8:54 AM
I guess the speculation will never end unless he finally plays here.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/7/2024  8:59 AM
I think if all else fails I could see us doing a S&T for Derozan. Bogs + a pick or even Mitch.

Without RJ here I think DD could make some sense. We have enough shooting now to be able to add someone like him.

sealy
Member: #3291
USA
4/7/2024  12:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2024  12:11 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I think if all else fails I could see us doing a S&T for Derozan. Bogs + a pick or even Mitch.

Without RJ here I think DD could make some sense. We have enough shooting now to be able to add someone like him.

I love this team and would 100% prefer bringing in a guy like Derozan over breaking them up for a tiny backcourt like Brunson & Mitchell. Derozan is an FA, correct? Bogs isn't? Unclear how this would even work. That trade w/ Detroit was so bad.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/7/2024  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2024  1:14 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I think if all else fails I could see us doing a S&T for Derozan. Bogs + a pick or even Mitch.

Oh interesting idea. DeRozan off bench in the facilitator role?

Forgot he was UFA

Doubt they need or would include Mitch, that’s too much

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy

4/7/2024  1:35 PM
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

I mean might be a case of simply shedding some salary and resigning Precious instead if they feel Mitch/Ihart is redundant. With Randle and OG's injuries we might value a guy like Precious who can play the 4 more.

martin
USA
4/7/2024  2:34 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

I mean might be a case of simply shedding some salary and resigning Precious instead if they feel Mitch/Ihart is redundant. With Randle and OG's injuries we might value a guy like Precious who can play the 4 more.

Shedding salary? You think shedding Mitch’s salary is a thing?

Mitch/iHart is not redundant, it’s 48 minutes of defensive terror. No doubt both could command more than 24 minutes at that position but it surely ain’t shedding material

nycericanguy

4/7/2024  2:48 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

Mitch/iHart is not redundant, it’s 48 minutes of defensive terror. No doubt both could command more than 24 minutes at that position but it surely ain’t shedding material

Brunson is due a new contract after next year. OG this summer, Ihart as well.

I mean I could see a world where we view Precious as a better fit since he's more versatile and probably half the cost.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/8/2024  8:49 AM
With RJ gone Derozen might be a good fit.
Bojan at 19mil is a valuable commodity and our “Evan” if we exercise the option.
But not both.
How do sign and trades work these days?
Does Derozen see himself as a bench guy? What salary? When does he break down?
What salary he come in on? And, of team is more open without RJ, what is Derozens game if similar?
Bojan a long range sniper and can get to the rim. Derozen is a very good player but very different.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/8/2024  9:39 AM
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

I know Demar had the Knicks on his list. Would he come off the bench happily?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/8/2024  10:28 AM
Im like the only guy who reads "Donovan" and thinks... we just dont need him

I am not going to pretend DD is better than Donovan, but for the cost and roster impact Donovan is not taking us there. Much prefer Randle as the 2nd scorer and defensive terrors on the wings

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Swishfm3
Member: #392
4/8/2024  10:42 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

Brunson is due a new contract after next year. OG this summer, Ihart as well.

I mean I could see a world where we view Precious as a better fit since he's more versatile and probably half the cost.

Thibs has to play in order to see if he's a good fit

DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/8/2024  10:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  10:44 AM
fishmike wrote:Im like the only guy who reads "Donovan" and thinks... we just dont need him

I am not going to pretend DD is better than Donovan, but for the cost and roster impact Donovan is not taking us there. Much prefer Randle as the 2nd scorer and defensive terrors on the wings

I said recently that with how good this team looked in the short stint they were 100% healthy, the Knicks best case could be getting a Manu type of 6th man, as opposed to making a seismic shift to the starting unit. I love Derozan in that role on a 2 year deal. He's at the perfect stage of his career where he would accept a high profile bench role to try and win a chip.

In that scenario you retain Mitch and kill teams with your depth.

Brunson - DDV - OG - Randle - iHart
Deuce - Derozan - Hart - Mitch

Good god that's a team.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/8/2024  10:46 AM
fishmike wrote:Im like the only guy who reads "Donovan" and thinks... we just dont need him

I hear the song Mellow Yellow in my head whenever I read “Donovan” lol.

But I agree and I think quite a few of us agree.. that’s not to say DM isn’t an incredible star player . I truly believe the way this team is made up we can beat anyone and are already contenders. I think this team beats the C’s if fully healthy with Randle and could very well win a chip.

The only thing I want if possible is to bring the full band together with bridges . But I don’t see that happening with the nets and Knicks who barely have ever made a trade and especially a trade of that magnitude.

fishmike
USA
4/8/2024  10:59 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

But I agree and I think quite a few of us agree.. that’s not to say DM isn’t an incredible star player . I truly believe the way this team is made up we can beat anyone and are already contenders. I think this team beats the C’s if fully healthy with Randle and could very well win a chip.

The only thing I want if possible is to bring the full band together with bridges . But I don’t see that happening with the nets and Knicks who barely have ever made a trade and especially a trade of that magnitude.

they have earned the change to try... Brunson is now clearly a top 5 guy, if not at least a top 10. He's elite. Randle is already happy being #2, feasting on mismatches in the paint and being a ball mover. He's the perfect compliment to Brunson's scoring. Then the question is do we have enough size, shooting and defense and stifle other teams and with our centers and DD/McBride/Josh/OG on the wings we have a formula to win big. Now lets get healthy and take our shots
martin
USA
4/8/2024  11:25 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

He is 35. He can sign with a crap team for $ and to be a starter, or play role off bench. That’s how I see it

Probably a ton of better bench player maker options tbh

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/8/2024  11:50 AM

I think we all see the possible redundancy in Brunson and Mitchell. I think the posters on this site have all been burned by the "Starphuch" approach and you see many of us clamoring for 3&D wings and rebounding bigs. 2-way role players.

For me, when a guy like Mitchell becomes available, I still have to pause. I mean cost matters, of course. Its a "what if we had two?"

Brunson and Mitchell just choosing who initiates based on matchup

Anunoby and Randle in the corners but cutting to the paint as needed.

iHart in the middle finding the open man.

DDV/Hart/Precious/Robinson subbing in as needed.

I understand the caution, but I would love to see Mitchell in blue and orange.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
USA
4/8/2024  11:58 AM
EwingsGlass wrote: "what if we had two?"
it's point guards... not tits.

Is there any precedence for this being a path to winning a title or being a top contender? 2 small players who need 20+ shots a game to be effective. It just doesnt make any sense.

You all picture Brunson/Donovan lighting everyone up. I see us unable to guard the wing and getting hurt by bigger players. To win a 7 game series we are going to need to Brunson or Donovan to effectively guard a star scorer and that a non starter

nycericanguy

4/8/2024  12:05 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

Forgot he was UFA

He is 35. He can sign with a crap team for $ and to be a starter, or play role off bench. That’s how I see it

Probably a ton of better bench player maker options tbh

I dont see a bad team wanting to pay DD big $. He needs to be on a contender.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

4/8/2024  12:22 PM
fishmike wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

they have earned the change to try... Brunson is now clearly a top 5 guy, if not at least a top 10. He's elite. Randle is already happy being #2, feasting on mismatches in the paint and being a ball mover. He's the perfect compliment to Brunson's scoring. Then the question is do we have enough size, shooting and defense and stifle other teams and with our centers and DD/McBride/Josh/OG on the wings we have a formula to win big. Now lets get healthy and take our shots

100% I think we definitely just need to run it back. But I also trust the front office to continue to make smart moves that improves the roster if and when that comes to fruition.

Man feels pretty cool to say that about the front office as a life long Knick fan, it’s been awhile . I love the direction this franchise is headed. 2 first round picks it’s exciting times .

Let the Donovan to NY chatter officially begin

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy