[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Randle season ending surgery
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/4/2024  1:17 PM
ToddTT wrote:What kind of magical surgery fixes whatever the problem is, and allows him to play bully ball ever again?

Anybody have first-hand experience? Can he be good as new again?

Magical surgeries have a funny way of fixing stuff like that

AUTOADVERT
Clean
Member: #743
4/4/2024  1:32 PM
I had the feeling this news was coming when Both Hart and Thibs started talking about expecting this was the team we will have and getting the others back would be a bonus. The thing with the Knicks is they will never tell you the truth about an injury until the last possible second. So when the tone around the injures changed by more than one person you know some news was coming soon.
Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

4/4/2024  1:46 PM
Can we get RJ and Obi back?
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/4/2024  1:59 PM
sucks but this late in the season I always felt Randle coming back would be more of a detriment if he didnt have time to get in rhythm. I think we can still do big things if we get OG and Mitch back.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2024  2:19 PM
Bogs was a 20ppg scorer before he got here. Granted, his defense leaves a lot to be desired. Randles as well but when he called upon to execute he could do it.
Iso ball in playoffs is a different story and Randle was our option #2.

This year has been about ball movement an team is equipped better this year than previous to deal with his loss. DDV and Bogs can light it up from outside.
Its pretty clear why Leon made the deal for Bogs and Burks. Has not executed as one might have hoped but this is on Thibs to figure it out going forward.
Obviously Josh foreshadowed this a few days ago but its really a "Next man up" continued theme. OG came back so strong for the few games perhaps he does not need much ramp up time?

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/4/2024  2:23 PM
Selfishly, this is good for Randle cause you know if he came back and wasn't his 100% All-Star form, he would have gotten the bulk of the blame when we get eliminated in a few weeks.
Clean
Member: #743
4/4/2024  2:27 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2024  3:22 PM
I'm too daft these days to remember it was against Miami last year too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

4/4/2024  3:53 PM
On the bright side, maybe Jules will have to come up with a counter move outside the spin. Maybe a one legged fadeaway... I'm trying...
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/4/2024  4:08 PM
fishmike wrote:
franco12 wrote:Expected this. Season over. At least we have our own draft pick and Dallas’s. We should tank our way into the lottery like Toronto.
assume this is satire

No, not entirely. I mean, Toronto is extreme - their pick is top 6 protected and it is pretty obvious what they are doing.

But for us, where the team is standing wise, play in is kinda where I think we end up - at 7?

I don’t want us to ‘throw games’, but if OG is going to be in and out of the line up (ok, mostly out!) and Robinson is going to be teetering, then take the safe path, shut them down, rest Jalen who is going to be burnt out and perhaps hurt- and injuries now start to impact next season.

I’d see what I can do with some of the guys we added like Bogdon who has been a giant disappointment.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/4/2024  4:27 PM
martin wrote:I'm too daft these days to remember it was against Miami last year too

Can we get like a goon to break Jimmy Butler's leg?

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
4/4/2024  5:00 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
martin wrote:I'm too daft these days to remember it was against Miami last year too

Can we get like a goon to break Jimmy Butler's leg?

Like Charlie Ward?

This is the Randle.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/4/2024  5:19 PM
Can I just say... **** the Heat, **** them hard, **** them in the *** with a spiked *****.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/4/2024  5:41 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:What kind of magical surgery fixes whatever the problem is, and allows him to play bully ball ever again?

Anybody have first-hand experience? Can he be good as new again?

I know nothing of course but it was his off shoulder, so that's something

Tjay the worst of the two. It was how he created separation/contact.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

4/4/2024  5:43 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just get OG and Mitch right. That should be the goal. Abs we can still make some noise.

How do we do that? Seems like a simple but challenging task.

Easy. We don't need Randle. OG is all we need. I mean, we have plenty of offense when they double JB. And OG will keep all teams under 100 points. Smh

I hope I am proven wrong. Hopefully we can ruin someone's run. But season over for us without our 1A. Imo.

Cue Cleveland fan in the stands in the movie Major League n

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

4/4/2024  5:47 PM
Nalod wrote:No two shoulder are the same. I tore my Labrum doing a very extreme fun tennis slice but it was my Rotator Cuff that put me under the knife eventually.
Im suspect that Jules dislocated his shoulder made it precarious for him to play on it as if it happens again he back to square one and perhaps even worse if the rotator or bursa goes because of compensation. We can guess all day long, but my guess is the best course is surgery, then rest, then start slow and get it back proper.
At his age and contract scenario he has a good path and time to get it right.

250 and gravity does a lot of damage.
Really thought he would be back but non contact clearance had me worried.
Now 16 reason to hate the Heat.
Randle's pain tolerance is real high. Must have been crazy painful. Or MRI showed no progress

HofstraBBall

4/4/2024  5:49 PM
ccch wrote:Well at least we won't have to worry about this...

NYKBocker wrote:
Just hope randle is mature enough to understand and not let ego dictate what he does

Exactly...was also thinking about that. We've proved that we have other scorers on this team and don't have to rely on his back to the basket iso's where he loses the ball or gets it taken away.

Mandatory jinx ban!

HofstraBBall

4/4/2024  5:51 PM
Philc1 wrote:Can we get RJ and Obi back?

How would one dimensional players help?
I'll take Ragu over RJ and JHart over Obi basket hanger any day of the week.
So would Toronto and Indiana.

HofstraBBall

4/4/2024  5:52 PM
Nalod wrote:Bogs was a 20ppg scorer before he got here. Granted, his defense leaves a lot to be desired. Randles as well but when he called upon to execute he could do it.
Iso ball in playoffs is a different story and Randle was our option #2.

This year has been about ball movement an team is equipped better this year than previous to deal with his loss. DDV and Bogs can light it up from outside.
Its pretty clear why Leon made the deal for Bogs and Burks. Has not executed as one might have hoped but this is on Thibs to figure it out going forward.
Obviously Josh foreshadowed this a few days ago but its really a "Next man up" continued theme. OG came back so strong for the few games perhaps he does not need much ramp up time?

Mentioning Bogs on a day that Randle is out makes it far more depressing.
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/4/2024  5:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Just get OG and Mitch right. That should be the goal. Abs we can still make some noise.

How do we do that? Seems like a simple but challenging task.

Easy. We don't need Randle. OG is all we need. I mean, we have plenty of offense when they double JB. And OG will keep all teams under 100 points. Smh

I hope I am proven wrong. Hopefully we can ruin someone's run. But season over for us without our 1A. Imo.

Cue Cleveland fan in the stands in the movie Major League n

Julius made Aaron Gordon look ordinary. There are certain match-ups where Julius is so great to have.

He's also a bucket-getter when everyone else is coming up empty or playing tight.

Losing his physicality and 6 fouls sucks.

Fingers crossed that OG comes back, is effective, stays out of foul trouble, and shocks everybody.

Randle season ending surgery

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy