[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Randle season ending surgery
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2024  12:06 PM
ToddTT wrote:What kind of magical surgery fixes whatever the problem is, and allows him to play bully ball ever again?

Anybody have first-hand experience? Can he be good as new again?

I know nothing of course but it was his off shoulder, so that's something

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2024  12:10 PM
ToddTT wrote:What kind of magical surgery fixes whatever the problem is, and allows him to play bully ball ever again?

Yes. I have told this tale often on these pages the last few months.
He will be just fine. Labrums, even rotator cuffs are easy fixes. Labrum even faster recovery. Jules will be hitting it hard by July. Its like a 3 month recovery plus ramp up. he'll be just fine next year. Maybe rusty but he'll be fine.
The tell tale sign was that he did not get back by now and with under ten games to go (Too late to tank. No. WAY TOO LATE TO TANK!)
it was becoming very suspect he'd make it back. LIkely the range of motion was not there and if it pops out, he is done. Just was not meant to be.
If he could not back with 10 games to go it was was not to be. Thats my take.

Another tell tale sign the last few games has been seeing Bojan seeing the ball more. Not sure where we go but seems he could start and use Josh with him and OG. Precious I think sees less minutes but that was inevitable. Prec lacks the offensive game. Its there but his range is not and his handle is suspect. Depends on the match up.

Not sure the knicks have another gear to finish strong with. Been a hell of a season but **** happens.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
4/4/2024  12:10 PM

Best case I can remember is Chris Webber. He frequently had recurring shoulder dislocations. Finally had shoulder surgeries and the issue went away. He proceeded to miss games for other reasons.

Ancient article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/wizards/longterm/1998/webber/articles/webb020296.htm

I don’t recall how Webber’s initial injury happened but it plagued him for years prior to surgery.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/4/2024  12:19 PM
Knixkik wrote:Just get OG and Mitch right. That should be the goal. Abs we can still make some noise.

How do we do that? Seems like a simple but challenging task.

LivingLegend

4/4/2024  12:20 PM

Knicks prioritizing getting Julius fully healthy for summer trade season.

martin
USA
4/4/2024  12:23 PM
Nalod wrote:

Yes. I have told this tale often on these pages the last few months.
He will be just fine. Labrums, even rotator cuffs are easy fixes. Labrum even faster recovery. Jules will be hitting it hard by July. Its like a 3 month recovery plus ramp up. he'll be just fine next year. Maybe rusty but he'll be fine.
The tell tale sign was that he did not get back by now and with under ten games to go (Too late to tank. No. WAY TOO LATE TO TANK!)
it was becoming very suspect he'd make it back. LIkely the range of motion was not there and if it pops out, he is done. Just was not meant to be.
If he could not back with 10 games to go it was was not to be. Thats my take.

Another tell tale sign the last few games has been seeing Bojan seeing the ball more. Not sure where we go but seems he could start and use Josh with him and OG. Precious I think sees less minutes but that was inevitable. Prec lacks the offensive game. Its there but his range is not and his handle is suspect. Depends on the match up.

Not sure the knicks have another gear to finish strong with. Been a hell of a season but **** happens.

+1

LivingLegend

4/4/2024  12:27 PM
martin wrote:

But maybe more than anyone in league he uses that off shoulder to punish defenders and create space — also uses it a lot to clear space for his left handed runners.

martin
USA
4/4/2024  12:29 PM
technomaster wrote:

Best case I can remember is Chris Webber. He frequently had recurring shoulder dislocations. Finally had shoulder surgeries and the issue went away. He proceeded to miss games for other reasons.

Ancient article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/wizards/longterm/1998/webber/articles/webb020296.htm

I don’t recall how Webber’s initial injury happened but it plagued him for years prior to surgery.

Antonio Davis same situation. I don't have an exact link but he went like 5 years without fixing and then got surgery and hasn't had issues since (but that may not be 100% correct)

No 2 injuries the same of course, so we shall see but it looks like Randle should be fine.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/4/2024  12:44 PM
Man, it knocked the wind out of me when he went down. He’s my favorite Knick - hard working, tough, effective, wanted to be here. And I appreciate his humanness. He’s also a good family man and contributor to the community. Hoping for next year.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
4/4/2024  12:45 PM
Terrible news. Hope the surgery is successful and he comes back healthy. Hope he is in a good head space, it has to be devastating for him.
This is the Randle.
Nalod
USA
4/4/2024  12:48 PM
No two shoulder are the same. I tore my Labrum doing a very extreme fun tennis slice but it was my Rotator Cuff that put me under the knife eventually.
Im suspect that Jules dislocated his shoulder made it precarious for him to play on it as if it happens again he back to square one and perhaps even worse if the rotator or bursa goes because of compensation. We can guess all day long, but my guess is the best course is surgery, then rest, then start slow and get it back proper.
At his age and contract scenario he has a good path and time to get it right.
Nalod
USA
4/4/2024  12:52 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Terrible news. Hope the surgery is successful and he comes back healthy. Hope he is in a good head space, it has to be devastating for him.

My guess is its been a thing for him since the injury was announced. We did not see any "Randle working out video's" this time.
not saying he is not disappointed by there was a time line and things had to be making progress. Range of motion is a number thing and being able to do things without pain and do it with the amount of strength required at the NBA level is required. He saw it coming most likely thru the weeks.
Im sure that was some hope he'd surge and be back on track but My guess was there was a plan all a long.

martin
USA
4/4/2024  12:59 PM
martin
USA
4/4/2024  1:01 PM
ccch
Member: #3876

4/4/2024  1:02 PM
Well at least we won't have to worry about this...

NYKBocker wrote:
Just hope randle is mature enough to understand and not let ego dictate what he does

Exactly...was also thinking about that. We've proved that we have other scorers on this team and don't have to rely on his back to the basket iso's where he loses the ball or gets it taken away.

martin
USA
4/4/2024  1:10 PM
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
4/4/2024  1:11 PM
martin wrote:

I hear you, but that’s the important shoulder 20 feet away.

In the paint, his right shoulder is the money maker. In my professional opinion.

But people seem confident, so that’s reassuring.

martin
USA
4/4/2024  1:12 PM
Ugh

martin
USA
4/4/2024  1:13 PM
Next year gonna rock though

martin
USA
4/4/2024  1:13 PM
Randle season ending surgery

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy