Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/5/2024  5:56 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:Mikal jealous

Is it me or does Mikal seem potentially within reach now - given Net implosion?

I don’t know much about anything Brooklyn but they got no 2024 picks, Claxton as an UFA, and $10M in cap space without resigning Claxton. This summer is when they can ask for as much as they want from the Knicks, and it would include McBride and lots and lots of picks IMHO

McBride isn’t going for Chamberlain —- just like we turned down Bird for Grimes but seriously I can’t let Deuce go anywhere. Would be like trading a child for shiny new car - Duece stays until Jordan on the table,

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/5/2024  6:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2024  6:03 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I don’t know much about anything Brooklyn but they got no 2024 picks, Claxton as an UFA, and $10M in cap space without resigning Claxton. This summer is when they can ask for as much as they want from the Knicks, and it would include McBride and lots and lots of picks IMHO

If Jalen Green and the majority of their picks back didnt persuade them then I'm not sure what we have to offer to get Bridges.

Times have changed - they thought they had a great young core (like Houston) with Bridges/Johnson/Claxton/Simmons (cough) etc and now they have a turd. Marks might actually get fired if that owner keeps hearing about Green deal they turned down.

Truth be told - if we don’t have other great options I wouldn’t mind a D. Smith Jr return. Would love to see him/Deuce hounding guys 94 feet and he could give us someone to get in paint a bit and athleticism.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

4/5/2024  8:42 AM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:So good

One really cool thing is the interaction between Brunson and his dad on time outs. Rick doesn’t participate in huddles but he and Jalen always talk before the game starts again and it can get really animated. Rick hovers around the scorers table and Jalen walks over to his Dad before play restarts

I've noticed a few times that Rick will tell Jalen to get off the refs during a dead ball and Rick himself will then go work the refs on his behalf.

DLeethal

4/5/2024  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2024  8:48 AM
Last night was big and also with Miami losing. A bit of a cushion is forming around the 3-4-5 spots. I don't want 3, too much of a wildcard with Miami and PHI lingering around #6. As weird as it sounds I'd rather #6 than #3. But with 6 games left we are running out the clock and seem pretty safe in the 3-5 zone.

Cavs have Lakers and Clippers on deck.
Knicks have Bulls and Bucks.
Magic have Hornets and Bulls.

Knicks Magic currently tied and .5 games behind Cavs.

DLeethal

4/5/2024  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2024  8:54 AM
Pacers play OKC and then the Heat. That Heat game is gonna be massive implications. The Heat also have a cupcake schedule rest of the way. I think they get #6.

Edit: Sixers schedule is cupcake too. Gonna be wild for the 6th spot.

Stay out of 3rd. I might even go so far as to not bring OG back until it's we're locked in safely to 4/5.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/5/2024  10:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/5/2024  10:14 AM
Could Bucks and Cavs be “tanking” to avoid 2nd and 3rd slot and Heat/Sixers?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2024  10:11 AM
Zion at 65 games. Career high!!!
He could hit 70. WhodaThunkIt?
He might not ask out, but NOLA might want want out from him while he perhaps is more marketable with a good season behind him?
We doing the Starphuch thing with Mikal again?
Marks might get fired or Marks is doing what his owner wanted which was all in on Durant, Harden and Kyrie.
GM's don't make that kind of call by themselves.
Marks has shown to be good at rebuilding and perhaps he and the owner have a process mapped out.
Im not sure Green is the guy you want and the picks are always a risk.
Perhaps there is a better deal waiting for them after the season.

Quality win last night. I did not pick up the game until the second half which I was surprised to have heard we were down 21. Funny to read on the thread when a poster bails. I have to admit I mostly DVR games and then play catch up. If its a stinker I FF. No sense watching a blow out. Team makes a run, I reverse it and see where it takes us.
I watch way to many games to subject to bad ones. Knicks found that extra gear last night thats been missing.
Bogs had a nice second half!!!! Josh was a beast and DDV was fun.
Impressed how knicks beat the double traps at the top of the key. Bring up either Hart's and then kick it.
Mitch gave Sabonis a hard time which was enough to offset his FT's.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

4/5/2024  10:20 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

If Jalen Green and the majority of their picks back didnt persuade them then I'm not sure what we have to offer to get Bridges.

Times have changed - they thought they had a great young core (like Houston) with Bridges/Johnson/Claxton/Simmons (cough) etc and now they have a turd. Marks might actually get fired if that owner keeps hearing about Green deal they turned down.

Truth be told - if we don’t have other great options I wouldn’t mind a D. Smith Jr return. Would love to see him/Deuce hounding guys 94 feet and he could give us someone to get in paint a bit and athleticism.

The Nets have all additive players and no play starters. Dinwiddie was the most important guy for them. Once Spencer decided he was unhappy again and it was reported the he "quiet quit" they were in big trouble.

EwingPSD

4/5/2024  10:21 AM
DLeethal wrote:Last night was big and also with Miami losing. A bit of a cushion is forming around the 3-4-5 spots. I don't want 3, too much of a wildcard with Miami and PHI lingering around #6. As weird as it sounds I'd rather #6 than #3. But with 6 games left we are running out the clock and seem pretty safe in the 3-5 zone.

Cavs have Lakers and Clippers on deck.
Knicks have Bulls and Bucks.
Magic have Hornets and Bulls.

Knicks Magic currently tied and .5 games behind Cavs.

The NBA is so crazy I don't pay attention to positioning at all. Teams are so bunched up I always just want to stay out of the play in and then hope we draw a favorable match up

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2024  11:06 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I look at it differently. A year ago wasn't the right time. They didn't know what they had in Mikal but are finding out he is probably not the piece to build around, and at that time Green was not what he is today.

When you are in the space of losing something for nothing, or in this case finding out he man not be the right piece and you have your best leverage NOW, your thought process changes.

Pathways can be fluid.

Can Brooklyn get more from the Knicks than they can from other teams. That's the bottom line, with the extra obvious caveat that the Knicks will have to pay the extra NY tax to get Mikal, that's all that matters and Knicks will have to swallow that pill if they want that player.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/5/2024  11:08 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:So good

One really cool thing is the interaction between Brunson and his dad on time outs. Rick doesn’t participate in huddles but he and Jalen always talk before the game starts again and it can get really animated. Rick hovers around the scorers table and Jalen walks over to his Dad before play restarts

I've noticed a few times that Rick will tell Jalen to get off the refs during a dead ball and Rick himself will then go work the refs on his behalf.

Great dad

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
4/5/2024  11:47 AM
Great win! I think this was one of Thibs best coached games. The way he adjusted the pick and roll with Brunson and Hart and how he had Hartenstein initiate the offense was genius. Kings had no answer! Got to love the Villanova trio! Their chemistry and synergy is beautiful basketball to watch! You knew Brunson would have a strong game. He doesn't have 2 bad games in a row. Hart was a monster! I love how he grabs a rebound and goes coast to coast. Bogey was solid but he needs more then 12 minutes.

I know I'm in the minority but I don't understand why and how Marbury gets a standing ovation. He was such a clown and a disappointment. He was everything Brunson is not. I'm not a fan.

Clean
Member: #743
4/5/2024  12:04 PM
EwingPSD

4/5/2024  12:12 PM
Clean wrote:

Knicks fans are crazy reactionary when it comes to anything new or end-of-the-bench guys. Bojan is a good scorer. If you play him, he'll get comfortable, and he will score. He might hurt you in other ways and if you play him in random combinations 8 minutes a night every 2 weeks the stats might not be representative of what he can do but if you play him he'll score.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/5/2024  1:09 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
Clean wrote:

Knicks fans are crazy reactionary when it comes to anything new or end-of-the-bench guys. Bojan is a good scorer. If you play him, he'll get comfortable, and he will score. He might hurt you in other ways and if you play him in random combinations 8 minutes a night every 2 weeks the stats might not be representative of what he can do but if you play him he'll score.

You can see how bad the chemistry is when Brunson is on the bench. When Brunson comes back in, Bogs is much more efficient scoring. The spacing and turnovers are horrible without Brunson. I love Deuce, but he really needs to develop his PG skills. Burks and Deuce are painful to watch together and Bogs tries to hard to help leading to ugly turnovers and bad shots. Poor Brunson is going to play heavy minutes in the playoffs if Thibs stays true to his self. Burks has got 5 more games to figure it out.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

4/5/2024  1:39 PM
ToddTT wrote:
Rookie wrote:I’m getting pumped for the game. Thanks UK fam, this is going to be great and with my help we should easily roll these bums😁 Time to start bar hopping our way down 7th ave

Is anybody else gonna blame Rookie if we lose tonight? I know I am.

You guys can start a go fund me to send us to every game you want a guaranteed win. You're welcome 🤣

[GT 4/4/24 7:30PM] Knicks vs Kings

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy