[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Should we talk about OG Anunoavailability?
Author Thread
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2024  12:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Knixkik wrote:To me the concerns are more about the Knicks Fans medical staff right now. A lot of flip flopping and they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the players injuries.

Fixed..
Truth. Statements are never accurate to protect players HIPPA rights.

This is malarky. HIPAA doesn't apply here. The Knicks are not a healthcare provider. Once they receive the information from the medical professionals they can release it however they want. HIPAA has never and will never apply to pro athletes.

This your opinion or do you cite the Collective bargaining agreement regarding disclosure? Im not talking about availabilty.
Im talking about his right to privacy to disclose. Have we ever learned a player had surgery after the fact? Yep.
As to Randle, we just learned today he is done for the season. When was it decided? Yesterday? Last week?
Not to say its never disclosed, but when.

Also, notice when a player has been out for "Illness". Its sometimes just "non-covid related". Thats defined as "non of our business to know".

As for OG, he played, and the tendan inflamed.
Mitch, he played and twisted his other ankle. Medical staff to blame? I don't know. Knicks been very healthy last few years.

AUTOADVERT
Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

4/4/2024  2:36 PM
Knixkik wrote:To me the concerns are more about the Knicks medical staff right now. A lot of flip flopping and they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the players injuries.

Randle’s injury looked really bad when it happened. The next day they were like “maybe he’ll be back in 4 weeks”

Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2024  2:45 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:To me the concerns are more about the Knicks medical staff right now. A lot of flip flopping and they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the players injuries.

Randle’s injury looked really bad when it happened. The next day they were like “maybe he’ll be back in 4 weeks”

Not even close to what happened. The Knicks did not say a thing until a few days passed after the trade deadline. Injury on January 27th. Trade Deadline was February 8th. After the trade, next day they disclosed the full nature of the injury and the hope he can return if surgery is not needed.
Leon did not want to get fleeced at trade deadline any more than needed.

Its not that the medical staff "Flip flops" so much as what is made public and when. Lets not confuse what fans are informed of as the line of communication and judge if they are competent based on what we know.

Philc1
Posts: 26741
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 9/2/2020
Member: #8897

4/4/2024  3:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:To me the concerns are more about the Knicks medical staff right now. A lot of flip flopping and they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the players injuries.

Randle’s injury looked really bad when it happened. The next day they were like “maybe he’ll be back in 4 weeks”

Not even close to what happened. The Knicks did not say a thing until a few days passed after the trade deadline. Injury on January 27th. Trade Deadline was February 8th. After the trade, next day they disclosed the full nature of the injury and the hope he can return if surgery is not needed.
Leon did not want to get fleeced at trade deadline any more than needed.

Its not that the medical staff "Flip flops" so much as what is made public and when. Lets not confuse what fans are informed of as the line of communication and judge if they are competent based on what we know.

Whatever you say Nalod

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39416025/sources-optimism-knicks-julius-randle-weeks-not-months

BigDaddyG
Posts: 37761
Alba Posts: 9
Joined: 1/22/2010
Member: #3049

4/4/2024  3:57 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2024  4:16 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

good stuff, thanks

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/4/2024  4:25 PM
Philc1 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Philc1 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:To me the concerns are more about the Knicks medical staff right now. A lot of flip flopping and they don’t seem to have a good grasp of the players injuries.

Randle’s injury looked really bad when it happened. The next day they were like “maybe he’ll be back in 4 weeks”

Not even close to what happened. The Knicks did not say a thing until a few days passed after the trade deadline. Injury on January 27th. Trade Deadline was February 8th. After the trade, next day they disclosed the full nature of the injury and the hope he can return if surgery is not needed.
Leon did not want to get fleeced at trade deadline any more than needed.

Its not that the medical staff "Flip flops" so much as what is made public and when. Lets not confuse what fans are informed of as the line of communication and judge if they are competent based on what we know.

Whatever you say Nalod

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/39416025/sources-optimism-knicks-julius-randle-weeks-not-months

So your still backing that the medical staff flip flopped?

VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
4/4/2024  4:42 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

good stuff, thanks

So the conclusion here is will come back at some point, but probably play a few games and experience enough pain where he has to sit out some more?

So like maybe he's gonna be able to play 50% of the playoff games?

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/4/2024  6:58 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
4/4/2024  7:03 PM
martin wrote:

Best news of the day - maybe misses this back to back but back for the Bucks Sunday?

Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/5/2024  9:27 AM
martin wrote:

These guy had no clue either.
TNT last night said Randle had a setback a month ago, the shoulder popped out and it was back to square one.

VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
4/5/2024  5:46 PM
OG Anunowupgradedtoquestionableavailability?
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/8/2024  11:02 AM
But when he is

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Posts: 22068
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

4/9/2024  5:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/9/2024  5:31 AM
The biggest factor in what kind of salary he gets is how much another team is willing to offer him.So far Detroit stands as the biggest threat with almost no forwards and 70 million in space. I'm not sure if OG at 30 million is a luxury they can afford; 30 missed games per year puts them squarely in the draft lottery with no hope of getting out. Tobias Harris is probably a better choice because they need volume scoring.

I disagree with the "what we gave up to get him" argument. RJ had a negative value contract and IQ was likely a goner in free agency. Ideally OG picks up his player option and gets a four year extension. For an injury prone guy, the contract years are probably more important.

VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
4/9/2024  9:23 AM
There's gonna be a formula I think. OG gets his mins sprinkled for the first 3 quarters but then he plays at least a 10 min run if not the full quarter of the 4th to close the game. Turns up that defense an extra level.

This could could've played on one arm and been Ben Simmons on offense and added a ton of value - just playing D for the last 4-5 mins of a few of those close games we dropped. I'm not faulting him for not playing, but we can see how when it gets to the playoffs if he's banged up and can just tough it out even for a few stretches how it tips the balance for us.

I keep wondering if we traded for him knowing about the elbow. This clearly was a pre-existing injury that amped up after the 12-13 games. My guess is we wanted to make this trade any way to have the advantage of re-signing him. But in retrospect now I'm understanding the interest in Bruce Brown. In my head, I kept thinking why would we replicate Josh Hart instead of getting another ballhandler like Brogdon. Now I think we were thinking about OG being out for a stretch and how we actually could have used 2 Harts since he had to play 48 minutes a night. Obviously Brown instead of Burks/Bogey over that stretch would've given us an additional defender with some 3 ability to shoot 3's and the only other smallish wing in the NBA that can board with Josh.

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  10:04 AM
Terminator style elbow sleeve

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Posts: 29869
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 1/16/2004
Member: #541
4/9/2024  12:52 PM
gradyandrew wrote:The biggest factor in what kind of salary he gets is how much another team is willing to offer him.So far Detroit stands as the biggest threat with almost no forwards and 70 million in space. I'm not sure if OG at 30 million is a luxury they can afford; 30 missed games per year puts them squarely in the draft lottery with no hope of getting out. Tobias Harris is probably a better choice because they need volume scoring.

I disagree with the "what we gave up to get him" argument. RJ had a negative value contract and IQ was likely a goner in free agency. Ideally OG picks up his player option and gets a four year extension. For an injury prone guy, the contract years are probably more important.

I predict that Detroit uses their top 3 lotto pick to trade for KAT. Makes sense for both orgs. Minny on pace to be in luxury tax jail. They can instead move foreword with a blue-chip prospect on a rookie scale contract. They also have Naz Reid already on deck. They can net Conley's successor. Pistons can secure a proven stud who will fit with Cade, Duren, Ivey, Thompson, Stewart core.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
4/9/2024  1:36 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:The biggest factor in what kind of salary he gets is how much another team is willing to offer him.So far Detroit stands as the biggest threat with almost no forwards and 70 million in space. I'm not sure if OG at 30 million is a luxury they can afford; 30 missed games per year puts them squarely in the draft lottery with no hope of getting out. Tobias Harris is probably a better choice because they need volume scoring.

I disagree with the "what we gave up to get him" argument. RJ had a negative value contract and IQ was likely a goner in free agency. Ideally OG picks up his player option and gets a four year extension. For an injury prone guy, the contract years are probably more important.

I predict that Detroit uses their top 3 lotto pick to trade for KAT. Makes sense for both orgs. Minny on pace to be in luxury tax jail. They can instead move foreword with a blue-chip prospect on a rookie scale contract. They also have Naz Reid already on deck. They can net Conley's successor. Pistons can secure a proven stud who will fit with Cade, Duren, Ivey, Thompson, Stewart core.

Its logical and sets up Minny nice. How does the money work? Detroit has I assume space to absorb it all or a good portion?
Only place ****tier than Minny in the winter has to be Detroit, Milwaukee, Clev, then Chicago.

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  2:37 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:The biggest factor in what kind of salary he gets is how much another team is willing to offer him.So far Detroit stands as the biggest threat with almost no forwards and 70 million in space. I'm not sure if OG at 30 million is a luxury they can afford; 30 missed games per year puts them squarely in the draft lottery with no hope of getting out. Tobias Harris is probably a better choice because they need volume scoring.

I disagree with the "what we gave up to get him" argument. RJ had a negative value contract and IQ was likely a goner in free agency. Ideally OG picks up his player option and gets a four year extension. For an injury prone guy, the contract years are probably more important.

I predict that Detroit uses their top 3 lotto pick to trade for KAT. Makes sense for both orgs. Minny on pace to be in luxury tax jail. They can instead move foreword with a blue-chip prospect on a rookie scale contract. They also have Naz Reid already on deck. They can net Conley's successor. Pistons can secure a proven stud who will fit with Cade, Duren, Ivey, Thompson, Stewart core.

Oh wow, great idea

Can we all do the voodoo magic thing and make this happen so that the Knicks get their 1st next year or the year after?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
4/10/2024  3:36 PM
Man no Grimes in your Pistons core? That hurts
Should we talk about OG Anunoavailability?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy