[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 3/31/24 7PM] Knicks vs Thunder
Author Thread
NYStateOfMind
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5741
USA
3/31/2024  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/31/2024  10:41 PM
Donte was awful, with no bench help, terrible refs, and horrible FT shooting. Too many people were hesitant to shoot at the rim so they kicked out for the missed DDV 3. JB was fouled. DDV phantom foul under the basket yet they are looking for a fragrant. Josh has a blatant defender hand on his waist driving, then after the defender hits the ball, he hits Hart's arm, NO FOUL. Williams could not miss a shot. Donte left Giddey open all night and right in front of the ref grabbed an arm for a foul with none to give.

Why does this league hate the Knicks, even at home? The Knicks are a great story for the NBA and they are f'in it up. This team has earned respect, yet they don't get it.

Could have won both games, such a disappointing weekend with the Cavs loss. The team is ending halves poorly, I think team exhaustion is in effect. Goodbye 50-win season.

2nd game in a row, Thibs sat JB too long to start the 4th. This one lost a 10-point lead within 2 minutes. Feels like the Heat series all over. I hate going to bed pissed. Happy Easter to all, goodnight.

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/31/2024  10:34 PM
There WAS a defensive sub in that play: Jeffries was in for JB
NYStateOfMind
USA
3/31/2024  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/31/2024  10:42 PM
Right, for some reason I thought Deuce was JB, my bad. Corrected, thanks.

Panos wrote:There WAS a defensive sub in that play: Jeffries was in for JB
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/31/2024  10:52 PM
Man, don't know what to say. This is not even 90s ball.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/31/2024  11:06 PM
martin wrote:Man, don't know what to say. This is not even 90s ball.

100% agreed. I wonder if JB has a bad reputation with the refs for his constant head jerking and complaining

NYStateOfMind
USA
3/31/2024  11:11 PM
Clapping back at the refs when they finally do call a foul doesn't help.

Panos wrote:

100% agreed. I wonder if JB has a bad reputation with the refs for his constant head jerking and complaining

martin
USA
3/31/2024  11:29 PM

martin
USA
3/31/2024  11:57 PM
They reviewed this

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/1/2024  12:38 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:Donte was awful, with no bench help, terrible refs, and horrible FT shooting. Too many people were hesitant to shoot at the rim so they kicked out for the missed DDV 3. JB was fouled. DDV phantom foul under the basket yet they are looking for a fragrant. Josh has a blatant defender hand on his waist driving, then after the defender hits the ball, he hits Hart's arm, NO FOUL. Williams could not miss a shot. Donte left Giddey open all night and right in front of the ref grabbed an arm for a foul with none to give.

Why does this league hate the Knicks, even at home? The Knicks are a great story for the NBA and they are f'in it up. This team has earned respect, yet they don't get it.

Could have won both games, such a disappointing weekend with the Cavs loss. The team is ending halves poorly, I think team exhaustion is in effect. Goodbye 50-win season.

2nd game in a row, Thibs sat JB too long to start the 4th. This one lost a 10-point lead within 2 minutes. Feels like the Heat series all over. I hate going to bed pissed. Happy Easter to all, goodnight.

Donte plays so hard but his shot selection and shooting sucked tonight and Giddy used and abused him most of the night. Donte can’t help but play over aggressive defensively and Giddy was spinning off him to the hoop plus as noted left wide open at the 3.

Classic game where OG could have neutralized some of the Williams +30 and Duece could have just focused on Shea. Duece is so solid defensively but OG needs to get his ass/elbow back soon.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

4/1/2024  12:39 AM
Panos wrote:

For the most part the refs have swallowed their whistles post all star game - amazing how that just happens.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/1/2024  7:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2024  7:53 AM
Tough loss.
A lot of crying because of it. .
Facts are, we had 34 free throws. We missed 11 of them. Was always taught that if you can't hit tho easy 15 foot shots with no defenders, you don't deserve to win.
As good as JB is playing, he forced some shots towards the end of the last two games. Needs Randle.
Knicks are now 15 and 13 without Randle.
Devo and Burks, at SG, 6 of 24 will not beat the worst team in league let alone the best in the West.
Deuce is a great TEAM defender and real quick. But not good against taller talented scorers. But who is? Maybe OG. Need him back.
Despite the tough loss and the bad free throw shooting tonight, Knicks look like a tough match up in the playoffs. Especially when we get OG and Randle back. Last night's game was back and forth. We can all complain about the result but hard fought game that took a ridiculous last second shot to beat us.
I am feeling optimistic about the upcoming playoffs.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/1/2024  7:58 AM
I don't really want to hear about the refs tbh. We had plenty of opps and good fortune last night to win the game. We blew a 10 point 4th quarter lead in like 90 seconds because our bench is trash.
DLeethal

4/1/2024  7:59 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Tough loss.
A lot of crying because of it. .
Facts are, we had 34 free throws. We missed 11 of them. Was always taught that if you can't hit tho easy 15 foot shots with no defenders, you don't deserve to win.
As good as JB is playing, he forced some shots towards the end of the last two games. Needs Randle.
Knicks are now 15 and 13 without Randle.
Devo and Burks, at SG, 6 of 24 will not beat the worst team in league let alone the best in the West.
Deuce is a great TEAM defender and real quick. But not good against taller talented scorers. But who is? Maybe OG. Need him back.
Despite the tough loss and the bad free throw shooting tonight, Knicks look like a tough match up in the playoffs. Especially when we get OG and Randle back. Last night's game was back and forth. We can all complain about the result but hard fought game that took a ridiculous last second shot to beat us.
I am feeling optimistic about the upcoming playoffs.

Starting to feel like all this "when Randle and OG come back" talk has been very premature. Not looking good atm with 8 games left in the season. The pic of OG at the Raptors game looked like his elbow has a giant tumor on it and he hasn't taken any contact yet. Randle hasn't ramped up at all either.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

4/1/2024  8:02 AM
my hope now is we can get ORL or IND in the 1st round and win without OG/Randle. And maybe they can come back round 2. dont see how we can count on them for round 1 at this point
DLeethal

4/1/2024  8:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2024  8:03 AM
On the brightside the Knicks should've beat a top 3 team in the league this year while shorthanded. Deuce completely neutralized an MVP candidate. The team looks like they rebounded from the SAS game. Valiant effort but they need to curb these last two losses pronto because there are no participation trophy's in the NBA.

IMO, holding serve on the 4/5 spot and matching up with ORL is our best bet. We need to win that first round series and we match up well with them even while shorthanded. It might take a full playoff series before we get OG and/or Randle back. No point of thinking about round 3 until we take care of business in round 1.

nycericanguy

4/1/2024  8:03 AM
season ends in 2 weeks, playoffs start in 20 days... or just about 3 weeks.

2nd round would start over a month from now. That could be a realistic time frame to get at least 1 of those guys back.

DLeethal

4/1/2024  8:04 AM
nycericanguy wrote:my hope now is we can get ORL or IND in the 1st round and win without OG/Randle. And maybe they can come back round 2. dont see how we can count on them for round 1 at this point

Yea, 3rd seed is full of risk right now IMO. Indy great but could be Miami or PHI with Embiid too. The 4/5 matchup seems more secure.

DLeethal

4/1/2024  8:05 AM
nycericanguy wrote:season ends in 2 weeks, playoffs start in 20 days... or just about 3 weeks.

2nd round would start over a month from now. That could be a realistic time frame to get at least 1 of those guys back.

OG can come back at anytime and help massively right away, so I'm not worried about him stepping in even if it's mid playoffs. Randle needs ramp up time he's the bigger worry now.

nycericanguy

4/1/2024  8:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/1/2024  8:09 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:season ends in 2 weeks, playoffs start in 20 days... or just about 3 weeks.

OG can come back at anytime and help massively right away, so I'm not worried about him stepping in even if it's mid playoffs. Randle needs ramp up time he's the bigger worry now.

agreed, I keep saying I think OG/Mitch coming back is more important than Randle.

OG and Mitch can step right in and defend at a high level, and OG can hit the 3.

Randle... just too many question marks there and he's a guy that has shown he needs time to find rhythm. If his offense isn't good he's hurting the floor spacing, and hurting our defense. Hopefully he can come back in the last few games but I just don't see it. If he comes back in the 1st round cold turkey he could end up hurting us more than anything. Not the popular opinion but our defense, shooting and overall team IQ has been higher without Randle. Randle is a guy that needs to be ON and ready to help us.

DLeethal

4/1/2024  8:09 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

agreed, I keep saying I think OG/Mitch coming back is more important than Randle.

OG and Mitch can step right in and defend at a high level, and OG can hit the 3.

Randle... just too many question marks there and he's a guy that has shown he needs time to find rhythm. If his offense isn't good he's hurting the floor spacing, and hurting our defense. Hopefully he can come back in the last few games but I just don't see it. If he comes back in the 1st round cold turkey he could end up hurting us more than anything.

I would not be completely shocked if Randle came off the bench when he first got back, if it was in the playoffs.

[GT 3/31/24 7PM] Knicks vs Thunder

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy