[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whose gonna ball today?(Raptors 3/27/24)

Author Poll
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
Lets play a game!
Knicks have a deep roster. Outside of our given star Brunson, any player can have a big game any day.
So outside of Brunson which Knick is going to have the best game today?- Opponent Raptors/Away

Cast your vote!!

Alec Burks
Bojan Bogdanovic
Donte DiVincenzo
Isaiah Hartenstein
Jericho Sims
Josh Hart
Miles McBride
Precious Achiuwa
Shake Milton
View Results

Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/28/2024  12:33 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Deuce McBride surprisingly entered the starting lineup 10 ten days ago. In the five games the Knicks have played since, McBride is AVERAGING: 21.6 points 3.8 assists (vs. 0.4 turnovers) 4.6 made three-pointers While shooting: 55.2% from the floor, 48.9% from downtown 91.7% from the FT stripe.

pretty incredible, no one would have predicted Miles would be a big time scorer for us.

LOL, sometimes I forget you haven't been here since forever. Folks here have been on the Deuce McBride train since we drafted him.

I mean more power to anyone who predicted this, I liked Miles, but never saw him with this type of scoring potential.

Going to be interesting if he can sustain this, and I don't mean 21ppg, but if he can be a consistent 12-15ppg threat once defenses becomes more aware of him.

um, ok, yeah, oops. Didn't see this scoring potential either. Just meant we've been supporters of him getting rotation minutes to develop

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2024  12:33 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Hard to draw a comp for Miles, but he's looking like a Marcus Smart/Beverly mix with better shooting and offense.

Marcus Smart with Steph lite shooting

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie

3/28/2024  12:34 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Deuce McBride surprisingly entered the starting lineup 10 ten days ago. In the five games the Knicks have played since, McBride is AVERAGING: 21.6 points 3.8 assists (vs. 0.4 turnovers) 4.6 made three-pointers While shooting: 55.2% from the floor, 48.9% from downtown 91.7% from the FT stripe.

pretty incredible, no one would have predicted Miles would be a big time scorer for us.

LOL, sometimes I forget you haven't been here since forever. Folks here have been on the Deuce McBride train since we drafted him.

I mean more power to anyone who predicted this, I liked Miles, but never saw him with this type of scoring potential.

Going to be interesting if he can sustain this, and I don't mean 21ppg, but if he can be a consistent 12-15ppg threat once defenses becomes more aware of him.

Can I take credit because I "liked" him?

Yes, he couldn't have done it without you!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2024  12:35 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
MS wrote:The minutes thing with Deuce is a ****ing joke. Thibs should be arrested. 40 minutes in a 40 point win… disgrace!!!

Fired up to have Mitch back! Absolutely huge! Hopefully the rest of the boys are back soon

imagine letting a young player who has been on the bench for almost 3 years actually... play?

Knicks are 9-2 in March with Brunson averaging 29mpg and Miles is a huge reason why.

LOL did you try to inject logic? This is MS... Knicks won by 40, dude makes 1 post and it's to bitch about McBride's minutes. Like the dude is creating a new disorder.... needs a new name tho, "MS" is already taken

If there is ANYTHING McBride is here for it's to play 40 minutes in spring games while we get healthy and keep winning. What we are seeing here with player development, style of play, roster fit... this has been the best coaching I have ever seen here and I started watching since 90. Same with the FO. The synergy is fantastic. The best part is they are not always right or perfect.. Reddish, Fournier, Kemba, Obi... they have made mistakes and let none of them impede their progress

No super star FAs, no lucky draft picks that became stars... just hard work and effort.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/28/2024  12:37 PM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:IQ might turn into a star in his own right, but hard to argue with Miles at $3m vs IQ at $25m right now.

Knicks might actually be a better team by simply removing RJ and IQ. The way they are playing now since Miles was put into the starting lineup, even without OG and Randle, is pretty much as good as we've seen at any point besides immediate post-OG trade.

Removing IQ and RJ, and their ball dominant styles, and retooling the lineup to feature more Deuce, more Hart, more DDV, starting iHart etc, has really made this team look much more fluid and competent on both ends then they ever looked last year.

both of these comments show how good this front office and coaching staff have been. Development, value, best fit... they are really getting it
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

3/28/2024  12:40 PM
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

um, ok, yeah, oops. Didn't see this scoring potential either. Just meant we've been supporters of him getting rotation minutes to develop

development doesn't always or necessarily happen in NBA games... we let guys like Knox, Frank, THJR, Mudiay...etc... run a mok and they developed into nothing.

from everything we've read Miles has been getting better in practice for years.

Can't argue with the way this has gone down, slow, steady development.

fishmike
USA
3/28/2024  12:49 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

development doesn't always or necessarily happen in NBA games... we let guys like Knox, Frank, THJR, Mudiay...etc... run a mok and they developed into nothing.

Thibs has talking in post games about how they track shooting in practice. The coaching staff literally knows how many shots these guys are making/missing during practice and drills.
Rookie

3/28/2024  12:56 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

The guys you mention are all FRP's and mostly lottery picks. A guy picked in the 2nd rd is going to have a different path. Anyhoo, my point is most here saw potential and we all love defensive minded players with high motor. I wasn't expecting this explosion of offensive confidence and good shot taking, but I am not surprised, he put the work in. He announced it when he dropped in the draft that he was going to prove himself and in my eyes, he has. I believe his confidence comes from the work he puts in.

Rookie

3/28/2024  12:58 PM
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Thibs has talking in post games about how they track shooting in practice. The coaching staff literally knows how many shots these guys are making/missing during practice and drills.

The Knicks heavily invested in shooting and tracking software a few years back. There was an article about this. They spent more than any other team at the time

martin
USA
3/28/2024  1:05 PM
There should be no doubt from today forward that the Knicks will be a destination team for Free Agents based on some good evidence about giving players a chance to succeed. That's my takeaway.

You will always have guys like Fournier, Reddish, even Grimes who are given pretty good chances but for whatever reason just don't mesh, fit with what team is trying to do, or just don't have the talent or whatever it takes to succeed here, maybe they just not ready.

But when you have guys like Randle, Brunson, DDV, Hart, iHart, McBride come out of the gate and make big jumps, you KNOW you have something special.

Players who may not yet have their footing but believe in themselves and want to take a shot will in the very least think about what is going on with the Knicks and it'll be AWESOME. Maybe DDV is already an example of it. Same with Brunson.

fishmike
USA
3/28/2024  1:12 PM
Rookie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

The Knicks heavily invested in shooting and tracking software a few years back. There was an article about this. They spent more than any other team at the time

Does it also track minutes? Asking for MS and Gustav
martin
USA
3/28/2024  1:12 PM
martin
USA
3/28/2024  1:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
Rookie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

Rookie

3/28/2024  1:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2024  1:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
Rookie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

If will track whether you fold or clump your toilet paper

https://www.noahbasketball.com

fishmike
USA
3/28/2024  1:34 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Rookie wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

haha... saw that. That's my THIBS!

It also why Boston has legit vulnerabilities. The defense is fantastic, gotta give them that, but they are a jump shooting team. Can they win games by defense and controlling the boards?

I just love how the Knicks (when healthy) are built. We can win so many ways. We are a nightmare on defense and the boards EVERY night. We have elite rim protection. We contest the jumpers. Boston's spread 5 is a tough matchup. Hope we get to see it

martin
USA
3/28/2024  3:02 PM
oh

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2024  4:29 PM
VDesai wrote:Deuce started playing well and I was like "wow is Deuce better than Grimes?" And now im wondering is Deuce better than Quickley?

I'll go there. Context and tells me Deuce is a bit more behind the curve but the defense is important.
Granted, IQ was not awful but his playmaking was early on and developed more this year.
Issue with Deuces game was the shot would not fall. Teams would not respect it and back off. This took away his penetration (insert dick joke), so his whole game was off. That shot falls, teams have to come out to him and then his game to the rim is legit, and he can playmake!
IQ had the range from the start and once he went the rim or started his dance he had blinders on. He could score, but if the shot was off, he got the hook. Improved defense and the game slowed down made him better.
I liked IQ, but not like rabidly as some around here. Not for the money he was asking and for that to happen and him off the bench
I could not see. I thought he was trade fodder. I did not see the deal with Raptors nor see RJ going but here we are.
At this point in time Deuce at his contract is far away the better player and he keeps this **** up will exceed.
He is a better athlete.

martin
USA
3/29/2024  2:37 PM
Whose gonna ball today?(Raptors 3/27/24)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy