[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Whose gonna ball today?(Raptors 3/27/24)

Author Poll
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
Lets play a game!
Knicks have a deep roster. Outside of our given star Brunson, any player can have a big game any day.
So outside of Brunson which Knick is going to have the best game today?- Opponent Raptors/Away

Cast your vote!!

Alec Burks
Bojan Bogdanovic
Donte DiVincenzo
Isaiah Hartenstein
Jericho Sims
Josh Hart
Miles McBride
Precious Achiuwa
Shake Milton
View Results

Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/28/2024  8:33 AM
Don't think Thibs is getting enough love for starting Deuce and going uber small. A move pretty much no one would have predicted him to do, especially after seeing him start Precious at the 4 when injuries hit. Tom Thibideau is STARTING 4 guys 6'4 and under. Pretty crazy. It has elevated this team to a new level right at a time when we needed a spark to finish the season.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/28/2024  8:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2024  9:52 AM
DLeethal wrote:Don't think Thibs is getting enough love for starting Deuce and going uber small. A move pretty much no one would have predicted him to do, especially after seeing him start Precious at the 4 when injuries hit. Tom Thibideau is STARTING 4 guys 6'4 and under. Pretty crazy. It has elevated this team to a new level right at a time when we needed a spark to finish the season.

Can get away with it because the're DOGS

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
3/28/2024  8:38 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Don't think Thibs is getting enough love for starting Deuce and going uber small. A move pretty much no one would have predicted him to do, especially after seeing him start Precious at the 4 when injuries hit. Tom Thibideau is STARTING 4 guys 6'4 and under. Pretty crazy. It has elevated this team to a new level right at a time when we needed a spark to finish the season.

Can get away with it because their DOGS

Hart is the lynchpin that makes it all work. To put that lineup out there and still dominate the glass? It's a recipe most teams can't replicate.

DLeethal

3/28/2024  8:48 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Can get away with it because their DOGS

Yep, all guys can defend bigger guys because they got that dog in them. And yes Hart is the lynchpin. What a stud that guy is. He's basically the guard version of Draymond.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/28/2024  8:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2024  8:51 AM
complaining about Miles playing TOO much now after he sat on the bench for almost 3 years is peak TDS syndrome. He is developing right before our eyes into a core piece.

Kind of like some who complained Ihart was being played too much, like these guys have been waiting for this their entire career! let them play and let Ihart get his bag.

Miles is getting big time valuable experience and giving Brunson some rest. It's a huge Win/win for us. Like you literally couldn't have pictured a better scenario. Miles averaging 33.8mpg in March vs Brunson at 29.5 while we GAIN ground and go from 5th to 3rd. Who would have thought?

DLeethal

3/28/2024  8:55 AM
nycericanguy wrote:complaining about Miles playing TOO much now after he sat on the bench for almost 3 years is peak TDS syndrome. He is developing right before our eyes into a core piece.

Kind of like some who complained Ihart was being played too much, like these guys have been waiting for this their entire career! let them play and let Ihart get his bag.

Miles is getting big time valuable experience and giving Brunson some rest. It's a huge Win/win for us. Like you literally couldn't have pictured a better scenario. Miles averaging 33.8mpg in March vs Brunson at 29.5 while we GAIN ground and go from 5th to 3rd. Who would have thought?

VERY good point. Brunson has played under 35 mins 8 out of the last 10 games and Knicks are 8-2.

nycericanguy

3/28/2024  9:41 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:complaining about Miles playing TOO much now after he sat on the bench for almost 3 years is peak TDS syndrome. He is developing right before our eyes into a core piece.

VERY good point. Brunson has played under 35 mins 8 out of the last 10 games and Knicks are 8-2.

yea he's the one that can use the rest, he carries a big load obviously, especially without Randle.

All these youngins will be fresh and their minutes will be cut in the playoffs if OG comes back.

nycericanguy

3/28/2024  9:43 AM
Miles's development and shooting has made Burks/Bojan obsolete in ways. It's almost like you can see those guys came from a losing environment and are just trying to get theirs. It reminds me of how we USED to play long ago, but you can see this team plays like a WINNING team now and it's evident when we bring in losing players so to speak.

Bojan really hasn't looked much better than Evan, he isn't able to create his own shot all that well.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/28/2024  10:52 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Panos wrote:Question: has Simms gotten any better in 3 years?

Yea, he's a capable 3rd Center that plays more controlled and within the schemes and isn't just a pogo stick anymore. For like the 58th pick in the draft he's done well and probably close to his ceiling.

Was taken 58th and probably was not draft worthy if not for going viral for jumping over the rim.

He was super raw/not great at Texas and was always a project with low probability of turning into anyhing - what we have gotten from him has been a huge bonus.

His awareness stinks, but he gets enough boards and deters enough shots to play spot minutes and do the job.

nycericanguy

3/28/2024  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2024  11:21 AM
Sims is fine as a backup, if we had to trade Mitch and kept Precious, I think we'd be fine with Hart, Sims and Precious at the C spots.

but when u look at this frame and athletism, it really does seem like he should be better than he is.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/28/2024  11:31 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Sims is fine as a backup, if we had to trade Mitch and kept Precious, I think we'd be fine with Hart, Sims and Precious at the C spots.

but when u look at this frame and athletism, it really does seem like he should be better than he is.

That's exactly my point. He's so athlethic, I expected more out of him. He doesn't have stone hands, I think he's just generally stoned.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
3/28/2024  11:33 AM
Easiest win of the season. Deuce ended the game in the first quarter. It's been so great to see his growth as a player! His three point shot is in the zone right now! Great to see big Rob back! Looked jacked and had an impact. Perfect time to bring him back too with 10 games to go. Hopefully Randle is back soon. He'll need some regular season to shake off the rust.

Have to admit it was sad to see RJ and IQ. I miss them.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2024  11:34 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Knicks 9-3 in March, with wins over CLE, ORL, SAC, WSH.

Only allowed 100 points in 4 of those games including last nights blowout.

Brunson 29mpg in March, Miles coming on has really allowed us to rest Brunson while still gaining ground. His development is coming fast, he is running the team so much better now then just 2 months ago. He's also now playing SG as well. We may have found another core piece in Miles now.

This all without our entire starting frontline.

Pretty incredible when you think of it.

Miles coming in HOT

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy

3/28/2024  12:00 PM
Deuce McBride surprisingly entered the starting lineup 10 ten days ago. In the five games the Knicks have played since, McBride is AVERAGING: 21.6 points 3.8 assists (vs. 0.4 turnovers) 4.6 made three-pointers While shooting: 55.2% from the floor, 48.9% from downtown 91.7% from the FT stripe.

pretty incredible, no one would have predicted Miles would be a big time scorer for us.

martin
USA
3/28/2024  12:15 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Miles's development and shooting has made Burks/Bojan obsolete in ways. It's almost like you can see those guys came from a losing environment and are just trying to get theirs. It reminds me of how we USED to play long ago, but you can see this team plays like a WINNING team now and it's evident when we bring in losing players so to speak.

Bojan really hasn't looked much better than Evan, he isn't able to create his own shot all that well.

Or those guys just need time to fit in. Even guys who are familiar with system and players needed time. Like DDV and Hart. Even iHart when initially moving to starting role.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/28/2024  12:15 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Deuce McBride surprisingly entered the starting lineup 10 ten days ago. In the five games the Knicks have played since, McBride is AVERAGING: 21.6 points 3.8 assists (vs. 0.4 turnovers) 4.6 made three-pointers While shooting: 55.2% from the floor, 48.9% from downtown 91.7% from the FT stripe.

pretty incredible, no one would have predicted Miles would be a big time scorer for us.

LOL, sometimes I forget you haven't been here since forever. Folks here have been on the Deuce McBride train since we drafted him.

martin
USA
3/28/2024  12:18 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Deuce McBride surprisingly entered the starting lineup 10 ten days ago. In the five games the Knicks have played since, McBride is AVERAGING: 21.6 points 3.8 assists (vs. 0.4 turnovers) 4.6 made three-pointers While shooting: 55.2% from the floor, 48.9% from downtown 91.7% from the FT stripe.

And we need to put this in the context of playing 44 minutes of elite defense on other end of court

nycericanguy

3/28/2024  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/28/2024  12:20 PM
Rookie wrote:

LOL, sometimes I forget you haven't been here since forever. Folks here have been on the Deuce McBride train since we drafted him.

I mean more power to anyone who predicted this, I liked Miles, but never saw him with this type of scoring potential.

Going to be interesting if he can sustain this, and I don't mean 21ppg, but if he can be a consistent 12-15ppg threat once defenses becomes more aware of him.

nycericanguy

3/28/2024  12:26 PM
Hard to draw a comp for Miles, but he's looking like a Marcus Smart/Beverly mix with better shooting and offense.
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/28/2024  12:28 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I mean more power to anyone who predicted this, I liked Miles, but never saw him with this type of scoring potential.

Going to be interesting if he can sustain this, and I don't mean 21ppg, but if he can be a consistent 12-15ppg threat once defenses becomes more aware of him.

Can I take credit because I "liked" him?

Whose gonna ball today?(Raptors 3/27/24)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy