[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?
Author Thread
nycericanguy
Posts: 21174
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/20/2023
Member: #9127

4/13/2024  8:02 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2024  8:03 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:sucks, our best bet was sitting guys after the BOS win. MIL has been tanking for weeks it seems.

Don’t think we had enough control over situation to do that. I think we wanted to stay in 2/3 spot and just try to be able to control the matchup.

either way tomorrow, might as well rest up. we dont control the matchup now but we can control staying healthy.

playing our starters sunday only to W and end up playing PHI/MIA would be... not ideal. we have nothing to play for, rest up like other teams are doing.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Posts: 21472
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/13/2024  8:03 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Knicks Lose + Bucks Loss + Cavs Win = #4 Seed

doesnt sound bad to me.

Losing next game is best IMO as ORL, IND and PHI are all likely to win.

We lose we are either 3/4 and that most likely avoids PHI.

Don’t think we want to fall to 4 unless Philly was guaranteed. It might be worth it then. We could lose and draw them anyway. We could win and draw ORL or IND. Too much of a wildcard.

DLeethal
Posts: 21472
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/13/2024  8:06 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:sucks, our best bet was sitting guys after the BOS win. MIL has been tanking for weeks it seems.

Don’t think we had enough control over situation to do that. I think we wanted to stay in 2/3 spot and just try to be able to control the matchup.

either way tomorrow, might as well rest up. we dont control the matchup now but we can control staying healthy.

playing our starters sunday only to W and end up playing PHI/MIA would be... not ideal. we have nothing to play for, rest up like other teams are doing.

I think I’d take 2/3 and avoiding Boston over to falling to 4th at this rate. We can still draw a good matchup but odds probably down to 30-40% instead of 60-70%. We sort of have a house money situation if we draw Philly.

DLeethal
Posts: 21472
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/13/2024  8:07 AM
With OG to guard Jimmy and our improved shooting the Miami matchup doesn’t scare me that much. Philly is a tough one without Randle though but it would be a series.
SergioNYK
Posts: 21962
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/8/2002
Member: #333
USA
4/13/2024  10:18 AM
It's cruel we are going to get punished and possibly eliminated in the first round for winning just a little too much.
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  11:48 AM
SergioNYK wrote:It's cruel we are going to get punished and possibly eliminated in the first round for winning just a little too much.

Someone get Sergio some alcohol or weed or meds to pump him up again, his PTSD is setting in

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Posts: 22068
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 5/19/2021
Member: #8959

4/13/2024  12:06 PM
Yeah, I don't get what the debate is about. Knicks need to secure as much of an advantage as they can. News flash- every opponent has their strengths and weaknesses, but homecourt is a huge advantage. Randle was terrible against Philly last time and the Knicks still blew them out.
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  2:07 PM
This is what I'm thinking too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  2:14 PM
I think this is it. All the combo's and where the teams will land if they win, going horizontally across.

If MIL, NYK, CLE all win, then the seeding will be MIL, NYK, CLE going across to the next seeding pic.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jskinny35
Posts: 21466
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 6/27/2005
Member: #928
USA
4/13/2024  3:02 PM
I actually think we match up pretty well vs Phila...IHart and Mitch will somewhat limit Embiid's overall effectiveness.

Not that concerned about Orlando in a series as I think our experience and home court would get us through 4-2ish

Only teams that make me a little nervous in first round are Indiana and possibly Miami.

I really think Indy's pace and Haliburton's size make me wary of how effective Brunson can consistently be without his sidekick/Randle.

I don't think we beat Bos in a 7 game series but think we have maybe the best chance as any playoff team (east or west)

Alpha1971
Posts: 22526
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/17/2022
Member: #9006

4/13/2024  3:14 PM
SergioNYK wrote:It's cruel we are going to get punished and possibly eliminated in the first round for winning just a little too much.

All a team can do is play the best it can. Our record is better then the Sixers and that means we have been better. They lost Embid we lost many more players and still have Randal out, made trades, and still have a better record that must mean something. Have some confidence

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  3:19 PM
This is a better version

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/13/2024  3:24 PM
Incoming!! lol

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy
Posts: 21174
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/20/2023
Member: #9127

4/13/2024  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/13/2024  4:37 PM
martin wrote:Incoming!! lol

PHI loss and MIL W or we lose and we avoid PHI.

we should just rest our guys and make sure we're healthy.

Alpha1971
Posts: 22526
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/17/2022
Member: #9006

4/14/2024  8:28 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:Incoming!! lol

PHI loss and MIL W or we lose and we avoid PHI.

we should just rest our guys and make sure we're healthy.

We can beat any team and lose to any team in the playoffs. You want to play Orlando or Indiana like it's a given that they will be easier ? That's not how it works in real life. Last season Miami went on a unexpected run by starting off and beating Milwaukee on the road with an injury to Herro. Rather the Knicks be confident and inform and play whoever. It will come down to execution, health, and the whistles whoever we play. If it's Philadelphia or Miami or whoever we can play different styles against them with our depth and versatility. Team should be ready to play dirty with Miami, if Bam tries his hooking arm tactic team should employ the same move against him so he gets the message.

SupremeCommander
Posts: 33831
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

4/14/2024  8:58 AM
50.. 50.. 50.. 50….. 50………..
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
SergioNYK
Posts: 21962
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/8/2002
Member: #333
USA
4/14/2024  10:06 AM
DLeethal wrote:With OG to guard Jimmy and our improved shooting the Miami matchup doesn’t scare me that much. Philly is a tough one without Randle though but it would be a series.

It does to me. That team has owned us when it matters to them like the last game we played them. Bam WILL hurt a key player and has destroyed our Cs and Butler will be the best player in some games over Brunson especially in the 4th and the zebras love him. And Spolestra is the best at playoff series adjustments. Stay away from the cHeat.

SergioNYK
Posts: 21962
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/8/2002
Member: #333
USA
4/14/2024  10:06 AM
martin wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:It's cruel we are going to get punished and possibly eliminated in the first round for winning just a little too much.

Someone get Sergio some alcohol or weed or meds to pump him up again, his PTSD is setting in

Miami def gives me PTSD

KnickDanger
Posts: 24175
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/30/2017
Member: #7578

4/14/2024  11:48 AM
Shouldn’t Philly and the Heat want to avoid the Knicks in the first round?
Alpha1971
Posts: 22526
Alba Posts: 4
Joined: 1/17/2022
Member: #9006

4/14/2024  11:56 AM
SergioNYK wrote:
DLeethal wrote:With OG to guard Jimmy and our improved shooting the Miami matchup doesn’t scare me that much. Philly is a tough one without Randle though but it would be a series.

It does to me. That team has owned us when it matters to them like the last game we played them. Bam WILL hurt a key player and has destroyed our Cs and Butler will be the best player in some games over Brunson especially in the 4th and the zebras love him. And Spolestra is the best at playoff series adjustments. Stay away from the cHeat.

It's up to Mitch, Hart, IHart, Precious, and Bogs to reveal to Bam and the Heat if they do any funny business with locking arms and other tricks that we can immediately return the favor. We can undercut and pin Butler and Herro just as easily

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy