[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?
Author Thread
Chandler
Posts: 26157
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

4/12/2024  9:54 AM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:we should rest everyone last game. Is there any good reason to want to move up to 2nd? even with a loss we cant drop below 4th I dont think.

You mean like home court advantage over the #3 slot?

indeed, i was wondering if this was a trick question but of course we want 2 seed

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Posts: 26157
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 11/26/2015
Member: #6197

4/12/2024  9:55 AM

we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?
(5)(5)
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  10:13 AM
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

EwingsGlass
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
4/12/2024  10:22 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

This is the Randle.
nycericanguy
Posts: 21224
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/20/2023
Member: #9127

4/12/2024  10:40 AM
Thibs literally just rested the starters the entire 4th quarter.
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2024  10:41 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Thibs literally just rested the starters the entire 4th quarter.

Back to back games.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
4/12/2024  10:53 AM
nycericanguy wrote:Thibs literally just rested the starters the entire 4th quarter.

I think you misunderstand the word literally.

1) 30 point lead going into the fourth. Boston emptied their bench.
2) The second unit normally plays the first 6 minutes of the 4th before Brunson comes back in. Brunson, JHart and Anunoby never checked back in.
3) DDV and Hartenstein ("Starters") played the entire 4th quarter. With Bogs, McBride and Achiuwa.
4) No Knicks at the end of the bench made an appearance.

At what point do we just make that statement "wrong"?

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2024  11:03 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

There is not a team probably in the last two years that could use ONE game off more than the 2024 New York Knicks lol. Were talking one game off here.

You conveniently left out the biggest reason to sit which is to avoid playing a #1 seed caliber team in the first round, whom is 33-8 at full strength and riding a 6 game winning streak. Why would we want to do that if we don't have to? Really talking about draft position? LOL

DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  11:05 AM
One game off to improve your odds of winning the first round series by probably close to 30%. Tough choice.
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  11:14 AM
Doesn't really matter though while everything is still wide open. It's all hypotheticals until further notice. For now we should aim to beat Brooklyn and hope ORL takes care of Philly. If we win, and Philly locks into 7th, I fully expect us to tank the last game. Thibs is a competitor but he's also not stupid, Brunson said he's obsessively watching the standings, and his entire playoff career has been mired by bad luck and ****ty matchups (mostly running into LeBron earlier than he wanted to and getting bounced). Also, he wants a new contract and getting bounced in the first round to Philly is not going to get him one. Beating Indy would though.
EwingPSD
Posts: 20370
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/20/2023
Member: #9129

4/12/2024  11:28 AM
DLeethal wrote:Doesn't really matter though while everything is still wide open. It's all hypotheticals until further notice. For now we should aim to beat Brooklyn and hope ORL takes care of Philly. If we win, and Philly locks into 7th, I fully expect us to tank the last game. Thibs is a competitor but he's also not stupid, Brunson said he's obsessively watching the standings, and his entire playoff career has been mired by bad luck and ****ty matchups (mostly running into LeBron earlier than he wanted to and getting bounced). Also, he wants a new contract and getting bounced in the first round to Philly is not going to get him one. Beating Indy would though.

I've watched a lot of Pacer games this year and I have no fear of them. I think the Knicks will smash them. 76ers, Boston, Milk, and even the Heat are a little scary IMO. I am feeling ****y when it comes to Orlando, Indy, or Cleveland

Clean
Posts: 28906
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 8/22/2004
Member: #743
4/12/2024  11:32 AM
EwingsGlass
Posts: 26315
Alba Posts: 2
Joined: 4/29/2005
Member: #893
USA
4/12/2024  11:43 AM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

There is not a team probably in the last two years that could use ONE game off more than the 2024 New York Knicks lol. Were talking one game off here.

You conveniently left out the biggest reason to sit which is to avoid playing a #1 seed caliber team in the first round, whom is 33-8 at full strength and riding a 6 game winning streak. Why would we want to do that if we don't have to? Really talking about draft position? LOL

That’s the same team we beat by 40, right? I still have photos of Hart holding Embiid like a baby. Give me the Sixers, Bucks, Celts, Thunder and I will take my chances on a chip. Sixers still would have to beat the playin, so let’s not just assume they are the presumptive 7th seed.

I’d rather have home court vs the presumptive Bucks (or anyone else) in the second round than lose a game to duck maybe the Sixers.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  1:18 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Doesn't really matter though while everything is still wide open. It's all hypotheticals until further notice. For now we should aim to beat Brooklyn and hope ORL takes care of Philly. If we win, and Philly locks into 7th, I fully expect us to tank the last game. Thibs is a competitor but he's also not stupid, Brunson said he's obsessively watching the standings, and his entire playoff career has been mired by bad luck and ****ty matchups (mostly running into LeBron earlier than he wanted to and getting bounced). Also, he wants a new contract and getting bounced in the first round to Philly is not going to get him one. Beating Indy would though.

I've watched a lot of Pacer games this year and I have no fear of them. I think the Knicks will smash them. 76ers, Boston, Milk, and even the Heat are a little scary IMO. I am feeling ****y when it comes to Orlando, Indy, or Cleveland

Agreed. Sixers are the only team the Knicks would open as underdogs against. They would likely be wagered as instant favorites vs the latter 3 teams.

DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  1:21 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

There is not a team probably in the last two years that could use ONE game off more than the 2024 New York Knicks lol. Were talking one game off here.

You conveniently left out the biggest reason to sit which is to avoid playing a #1 seed caliber team in the first round, whom is 33-8 at full strength and riding a 6 game winning streak. Why would we want to do that if we don't have to? Really talking about draft position? LOL

That’s the same team we beat by 40, right? I still have photos of Hart holding Embiid like a baby. Give me the Sixers, Bucks, Celts, Thunder and I will take my chances on a chip. Sixers still would have to beat the playin, so let’s not just assume they are the presumptive 7th seed.

I’d rather have home court vs the presumptive Bucks (or anyone else) in the second round than lose a game to duck maybe the Sixers.

This sounds a lot like the "hoo-rah" tough guy talk out of Memphis last year before the Lakers smoked them as a 7 seed.

fishmike
Posts: 53202
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2024  1:30 PM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

There is not a team probably in the last two years that could use ONE game off more than the 2024 New York Knicks lol. Were talking one game off here.

You conveniently left out the biggest reason to sit which is to avoid playing a #1 seed caliber team in the first round, whom is 33-8 at full strength and riding a 6 game winning streak. Why would we want to do that if we don't have to? Really talking about draft position? LOL

That’s the same team we beat by 40, right? I still have photos of Hart holding Embiid like a baby. Give me the Sixers, Bucks, Celts, Thunder and I will take my chances on a chip. Sixers still would have to beat the playin, so let’s not just assume they are the presumptive 7th seed.

I’d rather have home court vs the presumptive Bucks (or anyone else) in the second round than lose a game to duck maybe the Sixers.

This sounds a lot like the "hoo-rah" tough guy talk out of Memphis last year before the Lakers smoked them as a 7 seed.

This is not gonna come down to us... we should just go win and play it straight

The easiest scenario for the Sixers to move straight to the NBA playoffs as either the No. 5 or No. 6 seed is to win their final two games — against the Magic tonight and the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday — and root for either the Magic to lose Sunday against the Milwaukee Bucks or hope the Pacers either win out or lose their final two games.

Why? The Sixers want to avoid a three-way tie with the Pacers and Magic, because Philly would come out of that scenario with the No. 7 seed, thanks to the NBA tiebreaker rules when three or more teams end the season with the same record. Otherwise, the Sixers would have the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Magic.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  3:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/12/2024  3:11 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Chandler wrote:
we definitely want the 2 seed. And let's be honest does anyone think for a nanosecond that Thibs thinks differently?

This is devoid of all logic

I disagree.

First, not everyone agrees with the "rest your players" model. This team could use more time on the court together. Not less.

Second, MSG is the best home court advantage in the league. Why wouldn't you want the extra game at home?

Third, This team doesn't really have any gears other than Full Throttle or OFF. Keep the foot on the gas pedal.

Fourth, the difference in draft picks is nominal. No benefit to losing the last game.

Fifth, conference standings reflect expectations. I want to go into next year as having the second best record in the Eastern conference. Build off second. Not third.

Sixth, we have the Bucks pick next year. When free agents and vets are choosing between Milwaukee and NY, I want them to spurn Milwaukee for NY. Being the better team will assist on that.

Seventh, finish strong. Leave it all on the table.

There is not a team probably in the last two years that could use ONE game off more than the 2024 New York Knicks lol. Were talking one game off here.

You conveniently left out the biggest reason to sit which is to avoid playing a #1 seed caliber team in the first round, whom is 33-8 at full strength and riding a 6 game winning streak. Why would we want to do that if we don't have to? Really talking about draft position? LOL

That’s the same team we beat by 40, right? I still have photos of Hart holding Embiid like a baby. Give me the Sixers, Bucks, Celts, Thunder and I will take my chances on a chip. Sixers still would have to beat the playin, so let’s not just assume they are the presumptive 7th seed.

I’d rather have home court vs the presumptive Bucks (or anyone else) in the second round than lose a game to duck maybe the Sixers.

This sounds a lot like the "hoo-rah" tough guy talk out of Memphis last year before the Lakers smoked them as a 7 seed.

This is not gonna come down to us... we should just go win and play it straight

The easiest scenario for the Sixers to move straight to the NBA playoffs as either the No. 5 or No. 6 seed is to win their final two games — against the Magic tonight and the Brooklyn Nets on Sunday — and root for either the Magic to lose Sunday against the Milwaukee Bucks or hope the Pacers either win out or lose their final two games.

Why? The Sixers want to avoid a three-way tie with the Pacers and Magic, because Philly would come out of that scenario with the No. 7 seed, thanks to the NBA tiebreaker rules when three or more teams end the season with the same record. Otherwise, the Sixers would have the head-to-head tiebreaker against the Magic.

I think we go win tonight and recalibrate. Lots might be determined after tonight's games. If after tonight, Philly is locked into #7 and we still have a punchers chance at the 2 seed there is no reason to go after it.

But yes we might find ourselves in a position that is still completely up in the air after tonight, with much out of our hands, and if that's the case might as well try to get the best seed possible.

DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/12/2024  3:10 PM
ORL vs PHI and IND vs CLE are two massive games tonight.
martin
Posts: 69382
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/12/2024  3:16 PM

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 53202
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/12/2024  3:33 PM
DLeethal wrote:ORL vs PHI and IND vs CLE are two massive games tonight.
they are! Also Im a bit high... can you please help me understand what outcome I want here? Bucks/Thunder is huge also... really it feels like best thing is for Bucks to win, PHili to lose and those two beat each other senseless for 7 games while we deal with the Pacers or whoever else at 3

Got a feeling its not gonna be that simple

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy