[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?
Author Thread
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  2:14 PM
martin wrote:I cant keep track

If Indy goes 2-1 it gets pretty easy. They will hold 6th because they own tiebreakers on MIA and PHI, and we will want to shoot for 3rd to get a good matchup in round 1 and avoid Boston until round 3.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Posts: 53202
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
4/9/2024  2:26 PM
DLeethal wrote:If we're being honest we haven't looked good lately though. One good half against a plummeting MIL team doesn't change that completely. Hart has an injured shooting wrist and OG's mechanics look way off, barely hitting front rim on his 3s. We've had stretches where we look awful on offense. We got beat down by Chicago whom Orlando wiped the floor with days later. I love the heart and soul of this team but I think there is some unwarranted optimism about our ability to beat anyone in the playoffs right now.
that Chi game is a tough example... and I dont think the optimism is unwarranted. Knicks have shown out again elite teams. I dont think anyone is saying we "should" be in the conference finals... only that we CAN.

We could lose a first series to the Pacers. God forbid they get hot from 3.

I would love a deep playoff run for the experience with the expectation that getting Jules back puts us in title contention next year.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  4:09 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  4:16 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:If we're being honest we haven't looked good lately though. One good half against a plummeting MIL team doesn't change that completely. Hart has an injured shooting wrist and OG's mechanics look way off, barely hitting front rim on his 3s. We've had stretches where we look awful on offense. We got beat down by Chicago whom Orlando wiped the floor with days later. I love the heart and soul of this team but I think there is some unwarranted optimism about our ability to beat anyone in the playoffs right now.
that Chi game is a tough example... and I dont think the optimism is unwarranted. Knicks have shown out again elite teams. I dont think anyone is saying we "should" be in the conference finals... only that we CAN.

We could lose a first series to the Pacers. God forbid they get hot from 3.

I would love a deep playoff run for the experience with the expectation that getting Jules back puts us in title contention next year.

Knicks have gone down double digits in 6 straight games. They really haven’t been playing well compared to what we’ve seen this year even with the short handed team.

martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  4:50 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:If we're being honest we haven't looked good lately though. One good half against a plummeting MIL team doesn't change that completely. Hart has an injured shooting wrist and OG's mechanics look way off, barely hitting front rim on his 3s. We've had stretches where we look awful on offense. We got beat down by Chicago whom Orlando wiped the floor with days later. I love the heart and soul of this team but I think there is some unwarranted optimism about our ability to beat anyone in the playoffs right now.
that Chi game is a tough example... and I dont think the optimism is unwarranted. Knicks have shown out again elite teams. I dont think anyone is saying we "should" be in the conference finals... only that we CAN.

We could lose a first series to the Pacers. God forbid they get hot from 3.

I would love a deep playoff run for the experience with the expectation that getting Jules back puts us in title contention next year.

Knicks have gone down double digits in 6 straight games. They really haven’t been playing well compared to what we’ve seen this year even with the short handed team.

Bucks Bulls Kings Heat Kings OKC

The Knicks are playing fantastic ball and peaking at the right time.

After having missing 3 starters and integrating 2 of them back in rotation, don’t expect perfection. We were running with Deuce and DDV at the SG, SF spots. With like zero bench.

Them some good teams

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  7:53 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:If we're being honest we haven't looked good lately though. One good half against a plummeting MIL team doesn't change that completely. Hart has an injured shooting wrist and OG's mechanics look way off, barely hitting front rim on his 3s. We've had stretches where we look awful on offense. We got beat down by Chicago whom Orlando wiped the floor with days later. I love the heart and soul of this team but I think there is some unwarranted optimism about our ability to beat anyone in the playoffs right now.
that Chi game is a tough example... and I dont think the optimism is unwarranted. Knicks have shown out again elite teams. I dont think anyone is saying we "should" be in the conference finals... only that we CAN.

We could lose a first series to the Pacers. God forbid they get hot from 3.

I would love a deep playoff run for the experience with the expectation that getting Jules back puts us in title contention next year.

Knicks have gone down double digits in 6 straight games. They really haven’t been playing well compared to what we’ve seen this year even with the short handed team.

Bucks Bulls Kings Heat Kings OKC

The Knicks are playing fantastic ball and peaking at the right time.

After having missing 3 starters and integrating 2 of them back in rotation, don’t expect perfection. We were running with Deuce and DDV at the SG, SF spots. With like zero bench.

Them some good teams

I feel like I’m watching different games than some of y’all. I’m a pretty positive guy and overall still very positive about this team. But the realist in me says we are far from peaking and far from playing at the level we played from March 12-27 going 7-1 and playing Denver tight all the way in the 1 loss.

DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  7:54 PM
We can get back to that in an instant, but I’m not feeling the “we can take on anyone” vibes at the moment after the last 6 games.
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  10:37 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  10:40 PM
ORL schedule is juicy AF.
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/9/2024  10:41 PM
Philly might run the table. Indy magic number is 1 I think.
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/9/2024  10:48 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
Posts: 29377
Alba Posts: 3
Joined: 1/6/2004
Member: #520
4/9/2024  10:52 PM
martin wrote:

These playoffs are going to be wild.
Don't really want to play Indy, or Miami or Philly. Can we drop back to 4th please?

martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  9:57 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/10/2024  10:09 AM
Celtics broke the modern NBA record for fewest FT attempts last night, with 2 total team FTAs. That's indicative of a team that doesn't want to get hurt, they've packed it in.
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  12:00 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  12:54 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/10/2024  1:37 PM
martin wrote:

MIL might go 0-3 without Giannis the way they are playing. That would mean ORL goes 2-1 or 3-0. Hopefully they keep us at the #3 seed. It's the best place for us.

DLeethal
Posts: 21517
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 7/19/2023
Member: #9126

4/10/2024  1:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/10/2024  1:42 PM
CHI will be fighting for the peasants HCA in the 9/10 game probably until the final game, we could tank that final game if need be and probably should. With ORL playing MIL that could be the 2 seed maker right there, one of those teams are guaranteed to win that game and if we tank we could decide where we go. Josh Hart played 45 mins last night with a messed up wrist and Brunson played 41. Get em a game off at the end and shoot for that 3/6 game seed vs IND or CLE.
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  1:45 PM
This is what ESPN put out a few weeks ago:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69375
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  6:00 PM
Knicks #2?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy