[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?
Author Thread
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/28/2024  1:02 PM
what are the chances we make #2? I would love for that to be possible. I think even just chasing that would be great heading into the playoffs
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/28/2024  1:40 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:what are the chances we make #2? I would love for that to be possible. I think even just chasing that would be great heading into the playoffs
solid... 2 games behind Mil and we play them. They and Boston are the teams that scare me. The only thing I like vs. Milw is Thibs vs. Doc but make no mistake Bos/Mil are the most talented in the east. IMO those are the contenders and anyone else is a dark horse at best
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/28/2024  2:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:what are the chances we make #2? I would love for that to be possible. I think even just chasing that would be great heading into the playoffs
solid... 2 games behind Mil and we play them. They and Boston are the teams that scare me. The only thing I like vs. Milw is Thibs vs. Doc but make no mistake Bos/Mil are the most talented in the east. IMO those are the contenders and anyone else is a dark horse at best

We are really 3 games behind them since they own the tie breaker. 2 seed is kind of a pipe dream.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/28/2024  3:26 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:

We are really 3 games behind them since they own the tie breaker. 2 seed is kind of a pipe dream.

Hit the pipe, then dream!!
Part of me wants miami and send them home. Another part wants is scared cuz they sandbag players to get them healthy then mess up folks bad!

This team is so different than when we played Bucks I'd like to see both at full health then play.
But is this with Jules or without?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/28/2024  3:34 PM
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Hit the pipe, then dream!!

Part of me wants miami and send them home. Another part wants is scared cuz they sandbag players to get them healthy then mess up folks bad!

This team is so different than when we played Bucks I'd like to see both at full health then play.
But is this with Jules or without?

Tomorrow being Good Friday and all, I think you are on to something!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
4/5/2024  3:29 PM
45 wins, 6 games to go

DLeethal

4/5/2024  3:53 PM
Celtics are 13 games up on MIL so they will be coasting by then. Bulls clinched playin so depends how hard they want to have HCA vs Atlanta
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/7/2024  9:38 PM
With 4 games to go, Knicks currently in the 4th seed (tied with the Magic who have the tiebeaker). 2 through 8 all bunched up - 4 game difference. Will be interesting.
martin
USA
4/8/2024  11:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  11:51 AM
Update 4/8

46-32, 4 games left. Bull, Boston, Nets, Bulls.

Cleveland got Memphis Pacers Hornets left

DLeethal

4/8/2024  1:11 PM
Magic play Bucks twice and Philly once. Lots of implications with those games. Hopefully Indy can run the table and hold onto that 6th spot.
DLeethal

4/8/2024  1:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  1:16 PM
Indy plays Cleveland 1x. ORL plays Bucks 2x. ORL plays Philly 1x. Lots of teams in the mix are guaranteed to lose some games.

Wish my brain could figure out those ORL scenarios. Seems highly unlikely we can pass BOTH ORL and MIL with them playing each other twice. Not possible for them both to add 2 wins/losses in those 2 games. A split probably keeps us behind MIL since they own tie breaker even if we go 2-0 in those games. ORL 2-0 shoots them up to #2 seed and they own the tie breaker on us. MIL 2-0 solidifies their spot at #2.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/8/2024  11:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/8/2024  11:12 PM
With 4 games left, anything from the 2 to 8 seed is still possible for the Knicks.

Obviously the most important thing is to win the remaining 4 games. That locks New York into no worse than the 4 seed. Even losing one game could mean opening the post season on the road. Here's to hoping New York's rebounding woes vs. Chicago were just the result of the emotional double drain of losing Hart and learning about JR's surgery.

The big question for me is how seriously Boston approaches their remaining games now that they have locked up homecourt throughout the playoffs. Their starters have played big minutes this season so you'd think it would make sense to rest them. There's good and bad there as their next two are vs. Milwaukee and then the Knicks. A Milwaukee loss to Boston followed by a New York win opens a lot of possibilities.

It's going to be tough. Division winners also get a tie breaker so even if Milwaukee continues it's free fall, as long as the Cavs tie records, they will get the higher seed.

Here's the schedule:
Knicks- CHI BOS BKN CHI
MIL- BOS ORL OKC ORL
ORL-. HOU MIL PHI MIL
CLE- MEN IND CHA

Seems like NY has a legitimate beef with the IST and how it played out. Those two additional road games vs. Boston and Milwaukee are really the difference between having the 2 seed already locked up vs. being in play for the 8 seed. It seems totally unnecessary now as just having divisional tournaments and then an off the books invite to Las Vegas by the top 4 in each conference would have given 90% of the competition with 0% of the downside. Sadly the league wanted to cherry pick the teams by using a formula that only half worked for them- LeBron getting the MVP but playing Indiana. Hopefully this issue comes up in the offseason and the NBA can figure it out.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
4/8/2024  11:28 PM
gradyandrew wrote:With 4 games left, anything from the 2 to 8 seed is still possible for the Knicks.

Obviously the most important thing is to win the remaining 4 games. That locks New York into no worse than the 4 seed. Even losing one game could mean opening the post season on the road. Here's to hoping New York's rebounding woes vs. Chicago were just the result of the emotional double drain of losing Hart and learning about JR's surgery.

The big question for me is how seriously Boston approaches their remaining games now that they have locked up homecourt throughout the playoffs. Their starters have played big minutes this season so you'd think it would make sense to rest them. There's good and bad there as their next two are vs. Milwaukee and then the Knicks. A Milwaukee loss to Boston followed by a New York win opens a lot of possibilities.

[Clip...]

Interestingly, if boston has a preference who they play in the second round, they could throw a game to help that preference come to fruition

martin
USA
4/8/2024  11:37 PM
Panos wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:With 4 games left, anything from the 2 to 8 seed is still possible for the Knicks.

[Clip...]

Interestingly, if boston has a preference who they play in the second round, they could throw a game to help that preference come to fruition

Yeah good point. I’d guess they want to avoid Bucks or Knicks in that 4th seed and hope both go #2 and #3 seeds?

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

4/8/2024  11:43 PM
Panos wrote:

[Clip...]

Right! I'm guessing they would prefer Orlando because of their lack of playoff experience and no superstar getting superstar calls. Orlando doesn't really have a clutch guy. With OG back, maybe there's enough of a worry that he can shut down Tatum or Brown for a game and really balance out the competition. In that scenario it also makes sense for Boston to rest their starters.

Chandler
Member: #6197

4/9/2024  12:41 AM
As a fan i wish we had OG and JR for more games

That said, my ass cheeks are probably happy they missed so many games. Not sure how i would have explained the 55 tattoo i promised.

(5)(5)
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/9/2024  8:00 AM
We still have a shot at 50 if the Celtics rest guys. I didn't think we'd beat the Bulls all 3 games, but we got the 1 loss out of the way now.
DLeethal

4/9/2024  8:22 AM
Do you guys all not care about matching up against Philly in round 1 or just not thinking that through?
martin
USA
4/9/2024  8:58 AM
VDesai wrote:We still have a shot at 50 if the Celtics rest guys. I didn't think we'd beat the Bulls all 3 games, but we got the 1 loss out of the way now.

martin
USA
4/9/2024  9:00 AM
DLeethal wrote:Do you guys all not care about matching up against Philly in round 1 or just not thinking that through?

I think we match up well against Philly.

Lots of guys to throw at Maxey, lots to get touch fouls called on by refs with Embiid

Countdown to 50 wins. March 26: 43-28, 4th seed. We getting there and where we landing?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy