[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bojan & the 2 picks
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/25/2024  10:47 AM
Nalod wrote:Bad teams are paying for their sins now.
Nets have funny way of sucking then coming back and making knick fans dancing on their graves look silly.
Wiz have blown it up but that does not mean everyone is discarded.
Gaffords on Mav's has been really good! BTW.
As for Bojan? If its a bad fit we'll move on from it. The trade was in effect to give us depth to keep the season together. It has. He is not a good fit thus far, but come playoff time he might be useful?

Gotta send them a slight overpay. They aren't is a spot where Deni is untouchable especially with their record, he is perfect for us though imo. The value of picks offered could be to enticing over the long term prospects of building with Deni. Gotta attempt steal him while thier in this spot.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
3/25/2024  10:52 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Aren't first round picks super valuable to teams approaching the luxury tax because they are cost effective? It seems after not drafting a few years it would behoove the Knicks to get some cheap players locked in to fill out the roster. Especially in a draft without any clear stars, teams at the top will be throwing darts looking for potential meaning later on you might be able to draft a good guy at a position of need. Or the Knicks can also keep building assets by executing a two for one trade.

Precious will hit RFA so the Knicks should resign him rather than lose.an asset. Between Randle Josh OG and Precious, how many minutes will be.available at the forward position? A trade for Deni doesn't make sense to me. Better just to draft some hungry rookies that the team can develop.

Odds are the draft picks aren't going to crack the rotation and would be for long term pipeline. Knicks also still have more draft picks owed to them in the future. A player like Deni with already developed skills, modest contract, who looks like an ideal fit would be the smarter player especially for a contending Knicks team.

Who knows, maybe he fits and works good enough to make a Randle expendable in a season for Mikal?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/25/2024  10:57 AM
nycericanguy wrote:NY - Mikal
MIN - Randle
BK - KAT

could be the framework of a deal?

IMHO as much as the boys love the Villanova thing, Knicks FO would never do this. Mikal is a major step backwards in terms of the type of impact he would have on the team compared to Randle.

Randle is a guys who carries teams for months on this back, and as much as Mikal is an incredible high level role player, that role is already plentiful on the Knicks whereas what Randle does is not.

Randle is an all-NBA level player, despite his deficiencies.

That trade is a step backwards IMO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/25/2024  11:00 AM
martin wrote:
MIN - Randle
BK - KAT

IMHO as much as the boys love the Villanova thing, Knicks FO would never do this. Mikal is a major step backwards in terms of the type of impact he would have on the team compared to Randle.

Randle is a guys who carries teams for months on this back, and as much as Mikal is an incredible high level role player, that role is already plentiful on the Knicks whereas what Randle does is not.

Y'all must be really bored.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2024  11:02 AM
Wiz perhaps won't look to tank another year will they?
they are paying for the sins of locking up Wall and Beal.
They had nice little run with WestBrick and Beal.
At some point picks and hope won't do much good.
Can they clear cap? Free agent opportunities? trades? Drafts.
In the age of parity its easier to get back to respectable area then in the past.
I'd think Dani is part of their future. Kuzma wants to be paid?
As for Mikal? good questions.
Ben? if they can get an exemption from that awful contract that could help them a lot.
The kid has back issues that could be career ending but to earn that bag you have to keep trying.
At some point does he return and stay on the court or fade into obscurity.
martin
USA
3/25/2024  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  11:14 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Brooklyn would never ever trade Mikal to the Knicks, right? Cause of the shame?

But this IS the exact moment they can ask for a Gorbert lever return with a cherry on top, right?

Bogs, Precious and all the picks and swaps for Mikal.

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

Starting to feel like OG where it is becoming an inevitability. Players have a lot of leverage in this league. They need picks more than anything and we can offer more than anyone.

And this is how I would guess some leverage opportunities go down.

The Knicks KNOW what type of player they need/want. They know what type of player really works with Brunson and Thibs. They have a prototype. Mikal, Deni are absolutely within that space. Donovan to a lesser degree and we know he is out there and watching Garland choke on a 40 point loss in an important Miami game.

Donovan is in the best position to force a trade. So the Knicks start to pant hot and heavy about moving lots of picks to Cleveland while letting Brooklyn and Washington know that if they want to get in on the traded-picks extravaganza and get an overpay for their high level role players (i.e. nearing a Golbert overpay), this is the chance to get in while the getting in is hot.

Brooklyn knows or at least has some sense that no one is going to give up 4 firsts for Mikal a year from now? And what are they going to keep him for, another losing year while he sulks?

OR Washington can get 2 extra mid picks this year and their future pick back while also nabbing either the Detroit or another pick for Deni? Rokas too cause they need a young PG?

Trade season with a hint of leverage.

Make those teams work against each other.

martin
USA
3/25/2024  11:19 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Aren't first round picks super valuable to teams approaching the luxury tax because they are cost effective? It seems after not drafting a few years it would behoove the Knicks to get some cheap players locked in to fill out the roster. Especially in a draft without any clear stars, teams at the top will be throwing darts looking for potential meaning later on you might be able to draft a good guy at a position of need. Or the Knicks can also keep building assets by executing a two for one trade.

Precious will hit RFA so the Knicks should resign him rather than lose.an asset. Between Randle Josh OG and Precious, how many minutes will be.available at the forward position? A trade for Deni doesn't make sense to me. Better just to draft some hungry rookies that the team can develop.

Odds are the draft picks aren't going to crack the rotation and would be for long term pipeline. Knicks also still have more draft picks owed to them in the future. A player like Deni with already developed skills, modest contract, who looks like an ideal fit would be the smarter player especially for a contending Knicks team.

Who knows, maybe he fits and works good enough to make a Randle expendable in a season for Mikal?

I know that Mikal is the Villanova guy but I think Deni is a better fit for Knicks cause of his size. Decue, Hart, DDV got the SG spot down. OG, Hart have dibs on the SF and wing positions.

I like Deni as a wing, PF who handles the ball and wants to pass. And he locks in as a big wing defender.

I'd LOVE Deni on Knicks to round out a 9 man rotation.

Brunson, DDV, OG, Randle, iHart
Deuce, Hart, Deni, Mitch
Rokas, Burks, Sims

Sooo much fun. That's modern day 90's Detroit or 70's Knicks?

newyorknewyork
3/25/2024  11:24 AM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I know that Mikal is the Villanova guy but I think Deni is a better fit for Knicks cause of his size. Decue, Hart, DDV got the SG spot down. OG, Hart have dibs on the SF and wing positions.

I like Deni as a wing, PF who handles the ball and wants to pass. And he locks in as a big wing defender.

I'd LOVE Deni on Knicks to round out a 9 man rotation.

Brunson, DDV, OG, Randle, iHart
Deuce, Hart, Deni, Mitch
Rokas, Burks, Sims

Sooo much fun. That's modern day 90's Detroit or 70's Knicks?

Prefer him as a SF who slides to PF as well.

nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

3/25/2024  11:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  11:37 AM
martin wrote:
MIN - Randle
BK - KAT

disagree completely.

Randle is entering his 30's, starting to get injured more and more and not nearly the shooter or defender that Mikal is.

Mikal is a workhorse who plays every game and I'm sure could get an easy and efficient 20ppg here with elite and versatile defense.

Ihart
OG
Mikal
DDV
Brunson

with Hart, Mitch, Deuce off the bench is a legit title contender IMO and probably the best defensive team in the NBA, as well as one of the better shooting teams in the league.

You're underrating Mikal b/c he's not a #1, but as a 2/3 he's an elite level player on both ends.

martin
USA
3/25/2024  11:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  11:56 AM
nycericanguy you have an injury fixation fetish that doesn't meet with reality
martin
USA
3/25/2024  11:57 AM
Teams game plan for Brunson and Randle types. If they have time left over, they then maybe think about what Mikal is doing, just don't leave him open.

Mikal does not and never will command double teams on a regular basis unless he is last man standing.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2024  12:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  12:17 PM
martin wrote:Brooklyn would never ever trade Mikal to the Knicks, right? Cause of the shame?

But this IS the exact moment they can ask for a Gorbert lever return with a cherry on top, right?

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

I doubt they will trade us Mikal. But what about Cam Johnson? He’s on a new contract and maybe the nets want to get out of it for more picks. He’s essentially similar offensively to Bojan but is actually solid defensively. Bojan and picks for him make sense. But the nets will actually need to want to rebuild a bit and get over trading a good player to the Knicks for this to happen. As a big wing he would be awesome on this team off the bench and can replace OG or Randle in the lineup when they are out. He’s someone thibs would like having. Big, switchable wing that can shoot.

martin
USA
3/25/2024  12:33 PM
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

I doubt they will trade us Mikal. But what about Cam Johnson? He’s on a new contract and maybe the nets want to get out of it for more picks. He’s essentially similar offensively to Bojan but is actually solid defensively. Bojan and picks for him make sense. But the nets will actually need to want to rebuild a bit and get over trading a good player to the Knicks for this to happen. As a big wing he would be awesome on this team off the bench and can replace OG or Randle in the lineup when they are out. He’s someone thibs would like having. Big, switchable wing that can shoot.

Is Cam johnson the 2-way player Thibs would want and trust and play or nah?

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/25/2024  1:54 PM
martin wrote:Teams game plan for Brunson and Randle types. If they have time left over, they then maybe think about what Mikal is doing, just don't leave him open.

Mikal does not and never will command double teams on a regular basis unless he is last man standing.

It's not stated enough how much guys who collapse defenses mean to teams. Randle draws 2-3 defenders every time he gets in the paint and creates great opportunities for shooters. You can build an offense around that. He's in an elite club when it comes to that.

martin
USA
3/25/2024  2:03 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Teams game plan for Brunson and Randle types. If they have time left over, they then maybe think about what Mikal is doing, just don't leave him open.

It's not stated enough how much guys who collapse defenses mean to teams. Randle draws 2-3 defenders every time he gets in the paint and creates great opportunities for shooters. You can build an offense around that. He's in an elite club when it comes to that.

Right, gravity players.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2024  7:29 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

He’s not OG defensively but he’s also not Bogdanovic or Fournier. I think he would do fine. He’s CAA too. Biggest concern is his offense holding up in a smaller role with more pressure playing on the Knicks. Teams play hard against the Knicks where they may not as much against the nets. I think that’s a problem with Bogy too. He’s just not getting the easy looks because teams are no longer taking nights off against his team like they did Detroit.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

3/26/2024  12:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2024  12:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:

I think it has been started too much. Reggie Bullock is the only off-ball shooter I noticed having good chemistry with Randle. I think IQ had good chemistry with Randle but he is not an off-ball shooter. Grimes, DDV, and Evan all played significantly better with Randle off versus on. I suspect Deuce will be similar. Julius is a very good scorer. He's not this guy who elevates everyone else

martin
USA
3/26/2024  12:45 PM
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

I think it has been started too much. Reggie Bullock is the only off-ball shooter I noticed having good chemistry with Randle. I think IQ had good chemistry with Randle but he is not an off-ball shooter. Grimes, DDV, and Evan all played significantly better with Randle off versus on. I suspect Deuce will be similar. Julius is a very good scorer. He's not this guy who elevates everyone else

LOL he elevated a whole team to 4th seed in 2020

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/26/2024  12:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

He’s not OG defensively but he’s also not Bogdanovic or Fournier. I think he would do fine. He’s CAA too. Biggest concern is his offense holding up in a smaller role with more pressure playing on the Knicks. Teams play hard against the Knicks where they may not as much against the nets. I think that’s a problem with Bogy too. He’s just not getting the easy looks because teams are no longer taking nights off against his team like they did Detroit.

Cam Johnson has about does have 75mil over next three years on his deal.
I do think he is traded and will prosper on a proper roster fit.
He'd be a good fit off the bench for us. But he makes starter money.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

3/26/2024  12:55 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/26/2024  1:17 PM
martin wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

LOL he elevated a whole team to 4th seed in 2020

Randle's scoring was instrumental if anyone made teammates better it was D Rose though.

Bojan & the 2 picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy