[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bojan & the 2 picks
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/24/2024  6:32 PM
martin wrote:Yeah Id overpay in terms of draft picks for this kid based on potential, fit, and contract.

Does he play D?

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/24/2024  6:36 PM
Brooklyn would never ever trade Mikal to the Knicks, right? Cause of the shame?

But this IS the exact moment they can ask for a Gorbert lever return with a cherry on top, right?

Bogs, Precious and all the picks and swaps for Mikal.

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/24/2024  7:53 PM
martin wrote:After a bit of thought and 5 minutes of YouTube highlight watching, I’m all behind a Deni move. Such a great find, especially cause of that contract.

Skill, fit, chemistry, contract, position. He is a ball mover and passer in the same vein as Hart, DDV, iHart while being defensive minded and very switchable. Shooting 40% from downtown this year on decent volume. Assists and rebounds up every year.

I’d move Bogs (who Washington could prob move again depending on his playoff performance), Precious, Knicks 2024, Dallas 2024 (or keep one and offer up Detroit or Mil pick).

Brunson, DDV, OG, Randle, iHart. Deuce, Hart, Deni, Mitch.

You get younger. You get a nice contract to offset future salaries of OG Brunson Randle iHart.

Another Hart, DDV, IHart was exactly what i was thinking. Gotta collect them all.

His game like theirs is to be a 2 way glue role player on a contending team with a solid all around game. On a team like the Wizards with no real stars or compliment of players to play off of his impact is minimal. But in a rotation with the horses that we have. Kid will be unleashed.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
3/24/2024  7:55 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:Yeah Id overpay in terms of draft picks for this kid based on potential, fit, and contract.

Does he play D?

martin
USA
3/24/2024  8:38 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Panos wrote:

Does he play D?

Niiiiice,

Deni is a guy I’d overpay for in draft compensation. Seems like a straight mix of Thibs type, Villanova, and late blooming euro star’ish

martin
USA
3/24/2024  10:50 PM
One stash’s opinion

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/24/2024  11:14 PM
Then it’s settled.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

3/25/2024  7:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/25/2024  7:16 AM
martin wrote:One stash’s opinion

My wife liked Tom Selleck back in the day cause of his " Tickler " back in the day when men had chest hair. I recently converted my sexy goatee to just a mustache and she laughed heartily and said I look like a guy who will get dance offers from other men. Funny how styles change in a few decades. Anyway, I will trust the Knicks front office with what they do this off-season. They aren't perfect. Sometimes they hit sometimes they miss but they are disciplined and deliberate and always seem to plan for failures. They hit with OG and Precious and so far Burke's and Bogs have been disappointments but in the next few games they might find their grooves to provide situational minutes in the playoffs assuming everyone is back and healthy. I'll trust their decisions in the off-season and expect to be surprised and frustrated at times but have to trust the process.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/25/2024  7:45 AM
Obviously we have to think about the players thibs would like. In the last couple of months he’s been down on guys like grimes, bogdanovic and Burks for various reasons. He’s essentially locked into what will be an 8-man playoff rotation if all are healthy. Hartenstein and Mitch split center minutes. Hart plays behind Randle and OG in essentially a 3 man forward rotation. And McBride has promoted in his role and I think will play all of the non-Brunson and DiVincenzo minutes at both guard positions. Thibs likes Achiuwa, but he is clearly more matchup dependent as a tweener big man. So the Knicks need to look at all of these factors and figure out who thibs would play. Deni seems to be a good defensive player, improved playmaker and good enough shooter to fit. Although not sure if he would be happy with the decreased role on this team. But on this team he would probably be a really good addition.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/25/2024  8:19 AM
Bad teams are paying for their sins now.
Nets have funny way of sucking then coming back and making knick fans dancing on their graves look silly.
Wiz have blown it up but that does not mean everyone is discarded.
Gaffords on Mav's has been really good! BTW.
As for Bojan? If its a bad fit we'll move on from it. The trade was in effect to give us depth to keep the season together. It has. He is not a good fit thus far, but come playoff time he might be useful?
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/25/2024  9:30 AM
Aren't first round picks super valuable to teams approaching the luxury tax because they are cost effective? It seems after not drafting a few years it would behoove the Knicks to get some cheap players locked in to fill out the roster. Especially in a draft without any clear stars, teams at the top will be throwing darts looking for potential meaning later on you might be able to draft a good guy at a position of need. Or the Knicks can also keep building assets by executing a two for one trade.

Precious will hit RFA so the Knicks should resign him rather than lose.an asset. Between Randle Josh OG and Precious, how many minutes will be.available at the forward position? A trade for Deni doesn't make sense to me. Better just to draft some hungry rookies that the team can develop.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/25/2024  9:33 AM
I think a bench unit of McBride Hart Randle and Robinson really will work for Bogs as all he will need to do is shoot open 3's off of offensive rebounds.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/25/2024  10:12 AM
martin wrote:Brooklyn would never ever trade Mikal to the Knicks, right? Cause of the shame?

But this IS the exact moment they can ask for a Gorbert lever return with a cherry on top, right?

Bogs, Precious and all the picks and swaps for Mikal.

Brunson McBride
Mikal DDV
OG Hart Mikal
Randle OG Hart
iHart Big Mitch

Starting to feel like OG where it is becoming an inevitability. Players have a lot of leverage in this league. They need picks more than anything and we can offer more than anyone.

DLeethal

3/25/2024  10:15 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Mikal still makes a ton of sense here, especially if OG is gonna be a 50-60 game a year player.

We could easily offer 4 1sts, if BK could just get over the idea of not dealing with us.

Knicks 2024, Dallas 2024, Mil 2025, Detroit 2025, Bogs, Deuce.

Trade stings on both sides. Who says no?

have no problem with the picks but we cant trade Duece, Burks has been trash on both ends and we need a backup PG. and really Deuce is the backup SG now too.

I think you can make a deal without him, include Sims. Or Mitch or Mitch to a 3rd team.

but the Nets are in a position where they may have to pay Claxton 20-25m per and he's def not worth that. So maybe Mitch or Sims would be good alternatives for them.

I think we could also take Cam Johnson's contracts off their hands if they wanted to unload that.

This is wishful thinking IMO. If you are projecting a trade for a star that doesn't sting with whom you are giving up, then you probably aren't projecting anything realistic. They will want Deuce, they probably will not value Mitch that highly due to having Claxton and Mitch's injury history.

Realistic trade would probably include Deuce, Precious going out, maybe Mitch to 3rd team, bunch of picks, and we probably get some spare parts in return to help ease loss of some of those bench guys.

DLeethal

3/25/2024  10:18 AM
OR - the wildcard play would be trading Randle in a deal for Mikal and rolling with OG at the 4, where Thibs seems very comfortable playing him. Knicks have been content trading all the homegrowns for Brunson's buddies, this wouldn't be that much of a shock given what we've seen go down.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/25/2024  10:22 AM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Mikal still makes a ton of sense here, especially if OG is gonna be a 50-60 game a year player.

We could easily offer 4 1sts, if BK could just get over the idea of not dealing with us.

have no problem with the picks but we cant trade Duece, Burks has been trash on both ends and we need a backup PG. and really Deuce is the backup SG now too.

I think you can make a deal without him, include Sims. Or Mitch or Mitch to a 3rd team.

but the Nets are in a position where they may have to pay Claxton 20-25m per and he's def not worth that. So maybe Mitch or Sims would be good alternatives for them.

I think we could also take Cam Johnson's contracts off their hands if they wanted to unload that.

This is wishful thinking IMO. If you are projecting a trade for a star that doesn't sting with whom you are giving up, then you probably aren't projecting anything realistic. They will want Deuce, they probably will not value Mitch that highly due to having Claxton and Mitch's injury history.

Realistic trade would probably include Deuce, Precious going out, maybe Mitch to 3rd team, bunch of picks, and we probably get some spare parts in return to help ease loss of some of those bench guys.

Precious is a FA so he cant be a part of trades this summer.

I dont think its wishful thinking to hold onto Deuce, 1) I dont think other teams are going to view him as a must have stud prospect, 2) we have plenty of picks where we shouldnt have to add Deuce and 3) we seem to be really high on him, just dont see us immediately trading him after what he's shown unless another PG is coming back.

if i'm the knicks another low key target could be Desmond Bane, 24/5/5 elite shooter, tough player. MEM kind of in no mans land right now. Maybe he could become available for the right price?

nycericanguy

3/25/2024  10:23 AM
DLeethal wrote:OR - the wildcard play would be trading Randle in a deal for Mikal and rolling with OG at the 4, where Thibs seems very comfortable playing him. Knicks have been content trading all the homegrowns for Brunson's buddies, this wouldn't be that much of a shock given what we've seen go down.

I'd be completely on board with that. Might mean Randle heading to a 3rd team.

But Mikal is an ironman so he can step in when OG is out and you resign Precious in that case.

In games OG is out you roll with

Hart
Precious
MIkal
DDV
Brunson

would be great redundancy backup

nycericanguy

3/25/2024  10:25 AM
NY - Mikal
MIN - Randle
BK - KAT

could be the framework of a deal?

DLeethal

3/25/2024  10:43 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Precious is a FA so he cant be a part of trades this summer.

I dont think its wishful thinking to hold onto Deuce, 1) I dont think other teams are going to view him as a must have stud prospect, 2) we have plenty of picks where we shouldnt have to add Deuce and 3) we seem to be really high on him, just dont see us immediately trading him after what he's shown unless another PG is coming back.

if i'm the knicks another low key target could be Desmond Bane, 24/5/5 elite shooter, tough player. MEM kind of in no mans land right now. Maybe he could become available for the right price?

I think the Deuce thing would be more BKN demanding a young player we value on a cheap contract just for the sake of it. Are we really gonna nix this deal over Deuce? Don't think so, that's why they would ask. They have no reason to play nice with us if they get pressured to trade Mikal here. I guess you are right on Precious unless it was a S&T thing or something. Him being added again is just BKN demanding some young players back, because they would be in tear down mode and need young guys who can eat up big minutes and bring a winning mentality.

Desmond Bane is very interesting though.

newyorknewyork
3/25/2024  10:44 AM
Knixkik wrote:Obviously we have to think about the players thibs would like. In the last couple of months he’s been down on guys like grimes, bogdanovic and Burks for various reasons. He’s essentially locked into what will be an 8-man playoff rotation if all are healthy. Hartenstein and Mitch split center minutes. Hart plays behind Randle and OG in essentially a 3 man forward rotation. And McBride has promoted in his role and I think will play all of the non-Brunson and DiVincenzo minutes at both guard positions. Thibs likes Achiuwa, but he is clearly more matchup dependent as a tweener big man. So the Knicks need to look at all of these factors and figure out who thibs would play. Deni seems to be a good defensive player, improved playmaker and good enough shooter to fit. Although not sure if he would be happy with the decreased role on this team. But on this team he would probably be a really good addition.

Going from a bottom feeder to a contender may give some cushion to him taking a mins hit for a season imo. If not than he would be a selfish player we wouldn't really want. Precious would be the one to have to take the back seat though in a 9 man rotation of Mcbride, Hart, Deni, Mitch in this scenario.

Bojan & the 2 picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy