[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Bojan & the 2 picks
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/23/2024  3:50 PM
Say Rose decides he just wants to run with a nice deep overall roster over going after a star?

Resigns
Anunoby 4 years $116.9m ($29.2m per)
IHart 4 years $63m ($15.75m per)
Precious 3 years $24m ($8m per)

Giving the lineup
C: Hartenstein, Robinson
PF: Randle, Precious
SF: Anunoby,
SG: Donte, Hart
PG: Brunson, Mcbride

Who is a nice finishing piece to pair Bojan with the 2 picks specifically to make that championship run for a 10 man deep lineup? Again not a star player, but a player that fits and puts us 10 deep as a quality team in the Thibs mold.

My choice would be Deni from the Wiz. Perfect contract and play style for the role. Main issue would be mins distribution.

Side note
Johnathan Isaac as a FA for lower mid level would also be a sneaky move. Tho not sure about his capabilities at SF or if he is full blown PF now. But his size and length in that spot and ability to knock down the 3. And the fact that he only gets about 15mins per game and that works. Mitch, Precious, Isaac, Hart, Mcbride is actually insane defensively. Lacks the competent offensive shot creator though but maybe could thrive with defense and transition.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

3/23/2024  4:06 PM
always liked Deni but I dont think he's the guy I'd trade 2 firsts for, we kind of have Jhart in his role already.

we have Randle, OG and Jhart all playing forward already, no room for a 4th big minutes forward unless we are moving Randle.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/23/2024  4:13 PM
Do you really think it would take 2 FRP’s to move Bojan Bogdanovic? I mean, he sucks but🤣
newyorknewyork
3/23/2024  5:17 PM
nycericanguy wrote:always liked Deni but I dont think he's the guy I'd trade 2 firsts for, we kind of have Jhart in his role already.

we have Randle, OG and Jhart all playing forward already, no room for a 4th big minutes forward unless we are moving Randle.

Would probably get something back extra to even out the value. Or giving up the rights to their pick may be good for them.

Goal would be overloaded for one season for a chip run. Then re-adjust. His contract is so light that it makes sense. He's multi faceted player that will be hard for teams to match up with a 2nd unit that we would be able to put out there. Especially with no pressure in his role. Just come in play his all around game. And he has potential.

newyorknewyork
3/23/2024  5:21 PM
Rookie wrote:Do you really think it would take 2 FRP’s to move Bojan Bogdanovic? I mean, he sucks but🤣

He was brought in for 2 prong. Prong 1 is to help in a playoff push. Currently he is struggling to fulfill that. But playoffs haven't started yet. 2 prong is to be able to utilize that $20mil expiring for a player that can help with a future playoff push.

nycericanguy

3/23/2024  5:29 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:always liked Deni but I dont think he's the guy I'd trade 2 firsts for, we kind of have Jhart in his role already.

Would probably get something back extra to even out the value. Or giving up the rights to their pick may be good for them.

Goal would be overloaded for one season for a chip run. Then re-adjust. His contract is so light that it makes sense. He's multi faceted player that will be hard for teams to match up with a 2nd unit that we would be able to put out there. Especially with no pressure in his role. Just come in play his all around game. And he has potential.

just dont see the minutes.

OG and Randle are each 35mpg, Jhart is 30... that's already more mpg than we have at PF/SF.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/23/2024  5:33 PM
I like this topic.

How about De'Andre Hunter from Atlanta?

Hawks are a mess these days and will shake things up. Jalen Johnson is due for an extension and they are long term all in on him. So maybe De'Andre odd man out while Atlanta minds their finances. Recall they gave away John Collins to Utah in a salary dump.

Hunter is injury prone. He is a big wing. He is interesting and on a contract that you can predict. And then maybe you re-package him elsewhere later on.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/23/2024  5:38 PM
martin wrote:I like this topic.

Hawks are a mess these days and will shake things up. Jalen Johnson is due for an extension and they are long term all in on him. So maybe De'Andre odd man out while Atlanta minds their finances. Recall they gave away John Collins to Utah in a salary dump.

Hunter is injury prone. He is a big wing. He is interesting and on a contract that you can predict. And then maybe you re-package him elsewhere later on.

As a player he's meh. But his contract does balloon up to $24M at the tail end. This is definitely something I'd consider once the OG/Hart situation gets sorted out.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
nycericanguy

3/23/2024  5:40 PM
I think at this point we need to UPGRADE a player, not add another. There's no minutes for another 30mpg player.

SG is probably the easiest path to an upgrade.

Randle for KAT is also interesting. I think Brunson could use a P&R big man, he was deadly in the P&R with KP in DAL. They had some great numbers as a duo.

I've always viewed Randle and Brunson as more taking turns on offense, though I will say we saw more of Randle as a rim runner with Brunson feeding him. And I think that worked well.

But a big man that can shoot would be interesting for spacing for sure.

nycericanguy

3/23/2024  5:42 PM
maybe we revisit DJM in the summer too.
Rookie

3/23/2024  6:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Rookie wrote:Do you really think it would take 2 FRP’s to move Bojan Bogdanovic? I mean, he sucks but🤣

He was brought in for 2 prong. Prong 1 is to help in a playoff push. Currently he is struggling to fulfill that. But playoffs haven't started yet. 2 prong is to be able to utilize that $20mil expiring for a player that can help with a future playoff push.

Except if they don’t pick up his team option because we need the cap room to sign our FA’s like OG and IHart. Even Precious. When does his salary guarantee for next season?

nycericanguy

3/23/2024  6:51 PM
Rookie wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

Except if they don’t pick up his team option because we need the cap room to sign our FA’s like OG and IHart. Even Precious. When does his salary guarantee for next season?

we aren't going to operate as an under the cap team.

we have to resign OG with bird rights and IHart with early bird.

cant imagine a scenario where we dont pick up Bogs option, his contract is the only way we can trade for a star.

Rookie

3/23/2024  7:16 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

cant imagine a scenario where we dont pick up Bogs option, his contract is the only way we can trade for a star.

You need to look at the penalties for going over the apron. No team wants to be over the apron

nycericanguy

3/23/2024  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2024  7:59 PM
Rookie wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Rookie wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

You need to look at the penalties for going over the apron. No team wants to be over the apron

A big part of the knicks trading for Bogs was his contract, they didn't trade for him just to decline it and have no way to match a star contract. I'm sure they've gone over the scenarios for cap and apron. the big penalties are for repeat offenders.

I do think Mitch is a possibility to be shopped though.

newyorknewyork
3/23/2024  9:09 PM
nycericanguy wrote:I think at this point we need to UPGRADE a player, not add another. There's no minutes for another 30mpg player.

Randle for KAT is also interesting. I think Brunson could use a P&R big man, he was deadly in the P&R with KP in DAL. They had some great numbers as a duo.

I've always viewed Randle and Brunson as more taking turns on offense, though I will say we saw more of Randle as a rim runner with Brunson feeding him. And I think that worked well.

That is an option. But this thread was created under the hypothetical that Rose decides just to run a deep squad over targeting a star. The concerns about the mins are valid. But odds are Precious sees his mins become sporadic and situational based and covers for injuries. Not the end of the world for him at $8mil for a season.

Mitch gets 20 mins behind IHart. Deni gets 24 mins behind Randle & OG, Hart & Donte split 25mins on the wing. Mcbride gets 13mins behind Brunson.

But the kicker is that Deni is at such a team friendly deal. If his fit works really well, maybe Randle, Mitch & a pick or 2 the following season can be moved for say AD? Maybe a Deni, Mitch, Precious trio with a pick or 2 can get consolidated for a nice piece for a team whose in a salary jam and need the depth of the 3 pieces?

nycericanguy

3/23/2024  9:15 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I think at this point we need to UPGRADE a player, not add another. There's no minutes for another 30mpg player.

That is an option. But this thread was created under the hypothetical that Rose decides just to run a deep squad over targeting a star. The concerns about the mins are valid. But odds are Precious sees his mins become sporadic and situational based and covers for injuries. Not the end of the world for him at $8mil for a season.

Mitch gets 20 mins behind IHart. Deni gets 24 mins behind Randle & OG, Hart & Donte split 25mins on the wing. Mcbride gets 13mins behind Brunson.

But the kicker is that Deni is at such a team friendly deal. If his fit works really well, maybe Randle, Mitch & a pick or 2 the following season can be moved for say AD? Maybe a Deni, Mitch, Precious trio with a pick or 2 can get consolidated for a nice piece for a team whose in a salary jam and need the depth of the 3 pieces?

I dont think Deni taking mins from Hart, Donte and Miles makes us better though, certainly not better enough to trade 2 firsts for.

But its more about overlapping skillsets, and Deni's skillset overlaps Jhart quite a bit.

Also Miles has absolutely earned more than 13mpg... he's proving he should be a legit backcourt pairing next to Brunson for stretches.

newyorknewyork
3/23/2024  9:16 PM
martin wrote:I like this topic.

You would be able to get draft picks from ATL in a Bojan deal. Not sure what picks they have available to offer after the Murray trade. But he his salary doesn't work for us given the role and the mins.

martin
USA
3/23/2024  9:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

I am so behind this thought process and think if the Knicks don’t make a big slash, they can do exactly as you suggest and use Bogs contract and picks to create some overlap in talent and minutes distribution but which then sets up team to roll the contracts forward for another trade down the line.

Rome needn’t be built in one trade or even in one off season maneuver.

newyorknewyork
3/23/2024  10:00 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I am so behind this thought process and think if the Knicks don’t make a big slash, they can do exactly as you suggest and use Bogs contract and picks to create some overlap in talent and minutes distribution but which then sets up team to roll the contracts forward for another trade down the line.

Rome needn’t be built in one trade or even in one off season maneuver.

Its essentially the formula that Rose has been utilizing so far which has been working beautifully. Signing IHart to backup Mitch, trading for Hart to cover for RJ, signing Donte knowing they wouldn't be able willing keep IQ.

He can continue to be strategic with it and target a gem somewhere with the assets he holds similar to the Donte target at $11mil over IQ at $25.

Hartenstien & OG are both due extensions. With currently Mitch, Hart, Donte having long term deals. Brunson & Randle will get massive extensions during this same time frame. Got these 2 years to make something happen cap wise with this group. Then maybe having a Deni or so at $14mil and resending. Maybe allows for some combination of Randle/Deni/Mitch/Precious/Hartenstein? consolidation. Allow us to continue to finesse under the cap while holding a contender.

martin
USA
3/23/2024  11:06 PM
^OK next question: why is Washington giving up Deni for Bogs and only 2 picks? What’s their motivation to move Deni?
Bojan & the 2 picks

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy