[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Want Randle back soon. And/But...
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/29/2024  3:04 PM
VDesai wrote:I listened to Fred Katz on the Knicks Film School pod. Basically he said that they are trying to strengthen the muscles around Randle's shoulder to help them withstand contact for reinjury. He is also still experiencing pain. He said Randle has rarely admitted to pain, but when asked but this, he says it varies from day to day - so for him that's an admission that it must be pretty excruciating on some days. He had two paths - surgery and don't play or this Rehab which is physically demanding and painful. Randle obviously believes in this team and feels like if he can come back it would be meaningful so he continues to go down this path.

My gut says how much can they do in the next 2 weeks to strengthen this further? I think the lack of progress here is kind of telling. I'm hopeful, but I'm starting to feel like the best case is he tries to play 1-2 regular season games and tries for the playoffs or tries to come back mid playoffs. I was hoping he'd get at least 10 games to integrate/get in rhythm, but now we're down to 11 games already.

yea I listened to it as well. Sounds like he knows he will be playing through incremental pain and also risking reinjury and eventual offseason surgery, so the thought process is to not force him to take licks during unnecessary regular season games. Obviously a balance needs to take place between getting him into a groove and not forcing him to play into higher levels of pain versus a team you can beat by 40 without him.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/29/2024  3:06 PM
DLeethal wrote:
VDesai wrote:I listened to Fred Katz on the Knicks Film School pod. Basically he said that they are trying to strengthen the muscles around Randle's shoulder to help them withstand contact for reinjury. He is also still experiencing pain. He said Randle has rarely admitted to pain, but when asked but this, he says it varies from day to day - so for him that's an admission that it must be pretty excruciating on some days. He had two paths - surgery and don't play or this Rehab which is physically demanding and painful. Randle obviously believes in this team and feels like if he can come back it would be meaningful so he continues to go down this path.

My gut says how much can they do in the next 2 weeks to strengthen this further? I think the lack of progress here is kind of telling. I'm hopeful, but I'm starting to feel like the best case is he tries to play 1-2 regular season games and tries for the playoffs or tries to come back mid playoffs. I was hoping he'd get at least 10 games to integrate/get in rhythm, but now we're down to 11 games already.

yea I listened to it as well. Sounds like he knows he will be playing through incremental pain and also risking reinjury and eventual offseason surgery, so the thought process is to not force him to take licks during unnecessary regular season games. Obviously a balance needs to take place between getting him into a groove and not forcing him to play into higher levels of pain versus a team you can beat by 40 without him.

Thanks for recaps

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/29/2024  4:15 PM
The labrum tear is not just pain, its lost range of motion.
I don't see how he does it. Fact is none of us have any idea what super human pro athlete with the best science can do so anything is possible. I admire the effort at any level. He family, I root for him to succeed!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/31/2024  7:50 AM
should just have had the surgery, especially if surgery is going to be inevitable. Unfortunate, and hate for him to miss the play offs. We had a great season going, but the wheels have come off, between Randle, OG playing 2 games and going out again, and Robinson and potentially right back out.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/31/2024  11:07 PM
Can't come back soon enough
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/1/2024  11:04 AM
After two losses optimism feels challenged. Don’t wish to jump right to the dark side but in some ways the hope and promise of this roster and season would create a far greater pain than just plain sucking eggs. But we shall see.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

4/1/2024  4:26 PM
We gonna find out in a couple weeks that Randle underwent surgery back when it happened. Knicks keep the true extent of injuries under tight wraps
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/2/2024  8:20 AM
unless we get Randle and OG back, and they can play real minutes without heading back to the dl, we are not going anywhere in terms of the playoffs. That may be sad. I hope we keep our draft picks and find some really good talent in that middle range- some wing/forwards in the OG mold of quick, defensive, solid players that might be able to develop a 3pt shot would be great to add because we have a lot of small talent (JB, DD, JH, MB) but it's the middle range of SF/PF that we have needed more help in this year.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/2/2024  8:48 AM
Injuries have been awful and the optimism to add back our starters makes for a great outlook but also a honey trap for dnisappinutement. True, adding back in if not fully healed or "delicate" is a cause to temper ones outlook.
At the sometime what a great season so far!!! We have won games on paper we should not have and some on the road as well!
To lose two in a row as we did is not great. We fans tend to look up in the standings, not down!

Bondy has an article today warning knicks should not waste Brunsons talents in vain. Slow day I suppose? Comparing this season to 2013 when 5 knicks retired and the cupboard was empty. Fans are uncomfortable with an uncertain future and Bondy is playing up to it. We have picks, contracts that are reasonable and tradable that can create cap space and scenarios we can't really fathom but that does not mean despair. He calls Bogs and Burks a bust but forgets that Grimes is out and was not effective and while our Piston players have not lit it up we been hanging tough thru out and last time I saw the season is not over and we are not in the play-in round!!! We needed that depth and it was a good call even at the expense of Grimes.
Lets see how it plays out before we play Monday morning QB.
If I had to guess Bogs is insurance that Randle does not return. Burks was in place in the event another guard gets hurt or Deuce does not produce as he has.
Im not at all. happy with OG's injury and his history of missing games but Im not freaking out either.WE all know how it would have played out if he went to Miami. Even injured, might not be this year but in the future he'd freaking destroy us and we'd all be whining about how we missed trading for him. We good at hindsight.

As for Randle, Knicks taking a logical process with him. Get him ready for playoffs, see how it goes. seems its not an injury that can get much worse unless the rotator cuff gets over compensated and it tears. Then it doubles the recovery.
Thats what happened to me. Actually it was in reverse. My labrum tore and I kept playing tennis and eventually it did my rotator. Knicks need him to have a good range of motion and protect as best they can. It was a contact injury and while it sucks, can't say Im overly concerned about his health going forward. I am with Mitch and of course OG. My hope is they do better going forward, right??

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/2/2024  11:57 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/3/2024  6:57 AM
15-14 without
For those arguing Randle's importance, Miami's double teaming of JB shows an obvious need for Randle (Another #1).
As we saw with Randle a couple of years back, easy to take out ONE key player in the playoffs,
Teams will limit JB.
We are missing the bully ball/physical identity.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DLeethal
Member: #9126

4/3/2024  10:32 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:15-14 without
For those arguing Randle's importance, Miami's double teaming of JB shows an obvious need for Randle (Another #1).
As we saw with Randle a couple of years back, easy to take out ONE key player in the playoffs,
Teams will limit JB.

What we miss more than anything is the ability to stagger those guys and keep a focal point on the court at all times.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

4/3/2024  2:04 PM
This is what I envision - first playoff game at home, against the Heat. Randle and then OG come out with the starting 5, doubling the Willis Reed myth. The Garden explodes, the rest you can imagine.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

4/3/2024  5:19 PM
DLeethal wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:15-14 without
Teams will limit JB.

What we miss more than anything is the ability to stagger those guys and keep a focal point on the court at all times.

Agreed. Mentioned that on another game thread.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Want Randle back soon. And/But...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy