Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/22/2024  11:41 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I really feel like Mitch & OG are more important right now than Randle.

Randle has had a great year, but do we trust him in the playoffs?

Right now watching this team shoot, defend, and play at a high IQ level, that's not something you really get from Randle. He's not a good defender, not a great shooter, and tends to make some boneheaded decisions.

And when Randle has struggled offensively in the playoffs his overall play becomes even more lackadaisical, especially defensively.

OG's high IQ defense, 3pt shooting, combined with Jhart getting more minutes and his overall game and hustle and IQ at SF. That might be a better combo for us than Randle unless he can be regular season Randle/

Dont get me wrong I want Randle back, and maybe this is the year he finally shows up in the playoffs. just saying I think Mitch and OG are actually more important.

The Knicks' offense is predicated on a couple of things but is foundation-ally a spread and attack offense. The 2 main cogs of the attach parts are Brunson and Randle. Other guys do the attach parts by movement and cutting and setting screens (and those are to HELP Brunson and Randle and are more by-products) but Brunson and Randle can do the attack parts all by themselves AND they both are heavy focuses of defenses the way the other guys are not.

Randle is key and a main cog to making things work beyond Brunson.

Randle's struggles offensively during previous playoffs were a function him literally being the only offensive guy a team needed to pay attention to (Taj, RJ, Bullocks, Payton/Rose/IQ) and then the fact that he was hurt. He stats are literally bad data and you keep trying to play it off as a gold mine of information; that is your (repeated) mistake.

It's more than that, lots of guys play hurt and lots of stars have no issues scoring even when defenses collapse on them. I mean Brunson is good no matter what.

Randle has gotten flustered by defenses, to the point where he had to start meditating to try to calm down. He's gone through stretches where he throws tantrums on the court and simply doesnt get back on defense. Lets not act like none of that has happened. So yea until he proves he can do it, he's a question mark for me.

Give me a break and open your eyes. If you think the injured Randle for last playoffs was anywhere near functional to make a sound judgement, have at it. Bro is going to try to give it up again.

If you want to set your markers as someone can't do something until they prove it to you, take the naive route all you want. It's not useful IMHO

Randle is whacky emotional, there is no doubt he has some proving to do.

so what exactly are you disagreeing with?

oh everything lol

You have good ideas but we need you to think different

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/22/2024  12:30 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:Mitch is coming off the bench.... Randle's shot might be off, but he's still a great facilitator and ball handler. Really just comes down to what version of him returns.

Homer in me tells me the worst scenario is we have a good run but Randle needs surgery but ends up being piece we need to win a title next year

My feeling is that Randle is on his way out. If we are assuming that OG joining CAA is an indicator that he will re-sign with the Knicks. Does Randle leaving CAA give the opposite? Randle/Bogs would appear to be the salary package in any trade for a top 20 player, no?

Interesting thought - if he believes he’s on the way out is it in his best interest to sit out 1) doesn’t risk injury 2) rather than be a potential scapegoat he is viewed as missing piece because he was hurt and we fall short

is it you all's first day here? Randle is not going anywhere... skinny saying PF is an area we can upgrade. Really? There's a 25/10/5 2x AS in his prime and is a proven fit here. Cmon guys... Randle is getting extended next season. They are locking these 3 up

100% Randle isn’t going anywhere, when this team is healthy they complement each other so well. A healthy OG is the ultimate glue . Add a DPOY candidate in Mitch and a 2 time all star in Randle who is playing great prior to injury.

You could argue a Knicks healthy rotation is the best in the east and The Knicks when healthy have a legitimate chance of winning the title.

I’ve been a born and raised Knick fan that lived through the Ewing years. I don’t even think it’s debatable, this is the best roster of my lifetime of watching knick basketball.
I don’t even think it’s debatable, if Ewing had this roster he’d be a champion.

A healthy focused Randle is going to make us very hard to beat. A big as talented as Randle is only going to be moved for another equally or more talented big if that opportunity comes about, I expect our guys in the front office to act accordingly. With that said there’s not that many bigs better than Randle.

I think the only way they move Randle is like in an all-in trade for Giannis, if that is ever a possiblity.

That is logical and to Milwaukee as well. Money aside, Randle and two picks gives them an allstar forward in return. Ok, three picks!!! LOL
At some point they likley do it. My guess is when he extended perhaps there is an understanding that it benefits both to do a trade. Giannis is not stuck in a rebuild until he retires, and Bucks reboot the roster. They bent over backwards to give him what he wants.
Thing is, they did not bring in Rivers for one year did they? I thing at least two? He want to stick for a rebuild?

With all due respect, I don't think anyone would give two f*@#s what Rivers wants in this scenario.

I think the who in this sentence is Giannis not Rivers? That's the way I read it.

I was reacting to the last line...

The point was why bring in Rivers if the team was soon to do a rebuild without Gianiss? They are now paying 3 coaches! Rivers has a 4 year contract. Perhaps there is a buy out if Gianis is traded or they go in another direction?
Also, it speaks to understanding if you want to trade with a team one must understand their needs to satisfy them in pursuit of a player. We all want that "star" but we rarely talk about the cost of doing so. FO when talking trades best are taken seriously when they understand the needs of the teams they are talking to. Trusted trade partners make things happen becuase they are not one dimensional. Trades take years to actualize yet media will do a letter grade within hours of it. Fans are very much impressionable to the amount of noise that is generated. I find many of us here are just as good as many bloggers that we allow to masquerade as media. Thats a compliment.

We are waiting for players to ask out and create an opportunity to stomp on it. We discuss DM a lot and its intriguing but for real a back court of DDV and Brunson is actually quite good. Does this mean we don't relegate DDV to the bench and install DM in his place? At what cost?

I don't give two ****s and a **** about rivers either but if Im trying to impress fellow posters about Gianis I have to consider the bucks point of view and why they placated him with Rivers. I doubt he turns around a few months later and asks out. If he does, he really better be all about Thibs because thats some high level Lebron stuff! When Lebron got rid of Blatt (whom was hired before he came back to Cavs) he backed it up with an epic performance and Cav's won a title!!! I don't begrudge a player exercising his powers but one also has to back it up. They go out in the first round its not gonna be pretty for Rivers or Giannis!

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/22/2024  1:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:Mitch is coming off the bench.... Randle's shot might be off, but he's still a great facilitator and ball handler. Really just comes down to what version of him returns.

Homer in me tells me the worst scenario is we have a good run but Randle needs surgery but ends up being piece we need to win a title next year

My feeling is that Randle is on his way out. If we are assuming that OG joining CAA is an indicator that he will re-sign with the Knicks. Does Randle leaving CAA give the opposite? Randle/Bogs would appear to be the salary package in any trade for a top 20 player, no?

Interesting thought - if he believes he’s on the way out is it in his best interest to sit out 1) doesn’t risk injury 2) rather than be a potential scapegoat he is viewed as missing piece because he was hurt and we fall short

is it you all's first day here? Randle is not going anywhere... skinny saying PF is an area we can upgrade. Really? There's a 25/10/5 2x AS in his prime and is a proven fit here. Cmon guys... Randle is getting extended next season. They are locking these 3 up

100% Randle isn’t going anywhere, when this team is healthy they complement each other so well. A healthy OG is the ultimate glue . Add a DPOY candidate in Mitch and a 2 time all star in Randle who is playing great prior to injury.

You could argue a Knicks healthy rotation is the best in the east and The Knicks when healthy have a legitimate chance of winning the title.

I’ve been a born and raised Knick fan that lived through the Ewing years. I don’t even think it’s debatable, this is the best roster of my lifetime of watching knick basketball.

A healthy focused Randle is going to make us very hard to beat. A big as talented as Randle is only going to be moved for another equally or more talented big if that opportunity comes about, I expect our guys in the front office to act accordingly. With that said there’s not that many bigs better than Randle.

I think the only way they move Randle is like in an all-in trade for Giannis, if that is ever a possiblity.

That is logical and to Milwaukee as well. Money aside, Randle and two picks gives them an allstar forward in return. Ok, three picks!!! LOL
At some point they likley do it. My guess is when he extended perhaps there is an understanding that it benefits both to do a trade. Giannis is not stuck in a rebuild until he retires, and Bucks reboot the roster. They bent over backwards to give him what he wants.
Thing is, they did not bring in Rivers for one year did they? I thing at least two? He want to stick for a rebuild?

With all due respect, I don't think anyone would give two f*@#s what Rivers wants in this scenario.

I think the who in this sentence is Giannis not Rivers? That's the way I read it.

The point was why bring in Rivers if the team was soon to do a rebuild without Gianiss? They are now paying 3 coaches! Rivers has a 4 year contract. Perhaps there is a buy out if Gianis is traded or they go in another direction?
Also, it speaks to understanding if you want to trade with a team one must understand their needs to satisfy them in pursuit of a player. We all want that "star" but we rarely talk about the cost of doing so. FO when talking trades best are taken seriously when they understand the needs of the teams they are talking to. Trusted trade partners make things happen becuase they are not one dimensional. Trades take years to actualize yet media will do a letter grade within hours of it. Fans are very much impressionable to the amount of noise that is generated. I find many of us here are just as good as many bloggers that we allow to masquerade as media. Thats a compliment.

We are waiting for players to ask out and create an opportunity to stomp on it. We discuss DM a lot and its intriguing but for real a back court of DDV and Brunson is actually quite good. Does this mean we don't relegate DDV to the bench and install DM in his place? At what cost?

I don't give two ****s and a **** about rivers either but if Im trying to impress fellow posters about Gianis I have to consider the bucks point of view and why they placated him with Rivers. I doubt he turns around a few months later and asks out. If he does, he really better be all about Thibs because thats some high level Lebron stuff! When Lebron got rid of Blatt (whom was hired before he came back to Cavs) he backed it up with an epic performance and Cav's won a title!!! I don't begrudge a player exercising his powers but one also has to back it up. They go out in the first round its not gonna be pretty for Rivers or Giannis!

And my point was, I don't think Randle gets traded unless we're getting back a superstar from the top level of players.
You've taken that and expanded it into some completely different analysis of media vs. posters, Lebron vs. Blatt, and what happens if DM comes in, which I never mentioned, I'm not really for trading a scoring big for a scoring small with this roster. I don't really know where you're going with all this. My point was pretty simple.

Nalod
USA
3/22/2024  1:15 PM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

And my point was, I don't think Randle gets traded unless we're getting back a superstar from the top level of players.
You've taken that and expanded it into some completely different analysis of media vs. posters, Lebron vs. Blatt, and what happens if DM comes in, which I never mentioned, I'm not really for trading a scoring big for a scoring small with this roster. I don't really know where you're going with all this. My point was pretty simple.

I agree with you and had no notion if Randle is traded its for an upgrade superstar.....
while debatable I could say KAT also whose contract is an issue but would not cost as much as Giannis. One might say Randle and Bog (for the money) alone could get it done.
Do I believe KAT is better than Randle? Not sure. Question is could he be a better fit/chemistry? And Minny needs some financial ease I believe.

Not all points were directed at you BTW. You should know I digress frequently and go off on my tangents! LOL
Gotta up the meds!!!

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/22/2024  1:21 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I really feel like Mitch & OG are more important right now than Randle.

Right now watching this team shoot, defend, and play at a high IQ level, that's not something you really get from Randle. He's not a good defender, not a great shooter, and tends to make some boneheaded decisions.

And when Randle has struggled offensively in the playoffs his overall play becomes even more lackadaisical, especially defensively.

OG's high IQ defense, 3pt shooting, combined with Jhart getting more minutes and his overall game and hustle and IQ at SF. That might be a better combo for us than Randle unless he can be regular season Randle/

Dont get me wrong I want Randle back, and maybe this is the year he finally shows up in the playoffs. just saying I think Mitch and OG are actually more important.

The Knicks' offense is predicated on a couple of things but is foundation-ally a spread and attack offense. The 2 main cogs of the attach parts are Brunson and Randle. Other guys do the attach parts by movement and cutting and setting screens (and those are to HELP Brunson and Randle and are more by-products) but Brunson and Randle can do the attack parts all by themselves AND they both are heavy focuses of defenses the way the other guys are not.

Randle's struggles offensively during previous playoffs were a function him literally being the only offensive guy a team needed to pay attention to (Taj, RJ, Bullocks, Payton/Rose/IQ) and then the fact that he was hurt. He stats are literally bad data and you keep trying to play it off as a gold mine of information; that is your (repeated) mistake.

It's more than that, lots of guys play hurt and lots of stars have no issues scoring even when defenses collapse on them. I mean Brunson is good no matter what.

Randle has gotten flustered by defenses, to the point where he had to start meditating to try to calm down. He's gone through stretches where he throws tantrums on the court and simply doesnt get back on defense. Lets not act like none of that has happened. So yea until he proves he can do it, he's a question mark for me.

Give me a break and open your eyes. If you think the injured Randle for last playoffs was anywhere near functional to make a sound judgement, have at it. Bro is going to try to give it up again.

If you want to set your markers as someone can't do something until they prove it to you, take the naive route all you want. It's not useful IMHO

oh everything lol

The point we are all trying to make here.

Panos
3/22/2024  1:42 PM
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I agree with you and had no notion if Randle is traded its for an upgrade superstar.....
while debatable I could say KAT also whose contract is an issue but would not cost as much as Giannis. One might say Randle and Bog (for the money) alone could get it done.
Do I believe KAT is better than Randle? Not sure. Question is could he be a better fit/chemistry? And Minny needs some financial ease I believe.

Not all points were directed at you BTW. You should know I digress frequently and go off on my tangents! LOL
Gotta up the meds!!!

Since you bring it up: no I would not trade Randle for KAT. I don't think he's an upgrade and he's soft.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/22/2024  2:41 PM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Gotta up the meds!!!

Since you bring it up: no I would not trade Randle for KAT. I don't think he's an upgrade and he's soft.

Same. And I wanna trade Randle on even days, so there is that

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
USA
3/22/2024  2:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2024  2:47 PM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Gotta up the meds!!!

yes, his stereotype is "soft". but he is 7foot and was having a hell of a season before getting hurt.
Im thinking after all he been thru and some maturity is he a bit mentally tougher?
When with Thibs he was immature. Have they both evolved to bring it?
Randle soft a bit too? I mean he loses his **** and has to meditate on a bad call. He is no doubt been at odds with fans which could be "soft". Warts and all, I Love the guy and he is "Family"!
Thats my view. not one of advocacy but one as an inquiring mind.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/22/2024  2:50 PM
This team's highest peak was when Randle and OG were both healthy. We beat DEN and PHI by 40 and looked like a legit contender, and Randle/Brunson looked like a top duo scoring an efficient 30 a night. The balance was elite, and you need two elite scoring options. We also stopped seeing Randle's flaws get exposed, with the improved spacing and overall high IQ connectors surrounding him, which I think will also show in the playoffs. Randle's barely played a handful of playoff games, it's silly to write him off as a playoff performer. RJ was horrible for the first 6-7 games of his playoff career too.
Panos
3/22/2024  3:32 PM
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
Panos wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
fishmike wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

Gotta up the meds!!!

yes, his stereotype is "soft". but he is 7foot and was having a hell of a season before getting hurt.
Im thinking after all he been thru and some maturity is he a bit mentally tougher?
When with Thibs he was immature. Have they both evolved to bring it?
Randle soft a bit too? I mean he loses his **** and has to meditate on a bad call. He is no doubt been at odds with fans which could be "soft". Warts and all, I Love the guy and he is "Family"!
Thats my view. not one of advocacy but one as an inquiring mind.

I'm not going off the rumors. I'm going off what I see. I've watched him in games against Knicks this year, and don't want him on this team. Anthony Edwards, though, that dude is a stud.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

3/22/2024  4:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/22/2024  4:14 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

oh everything lol

My problem with "Randle has to prove it to me" guys is that they come on here, as you mentioned, parroting repetitive narratives about Randle without providing ONE SINGLE alternative. Ignoring
facts like Randle is one of few All Stars that wanted to be here, has been named an All Star 3 times, is a perennial 20/10/5 guy and what he did with B level cast since he has been here. We see how JBs all Star level play(with a much better cast than Randle ever had) is not enough during our recent drop in winning percentage. Do they think any FO would trade or value their stars, like fans, based on one poor series? (Not going to validate the ignorance of those blaming him for a drop in performance with one foot last year.)

But once again, my question has always been, Who are the basketball servants going to replace Randle with? Have been waiting for suggestions for three years now!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

3/22/2024  4:15 PM
Btw, Ragu is only good at 26 minutes per game. But not 30.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/22/2024  7:17 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

oh everything lol

My problem with "Randle has to prove it to me" guys is that they come on here, as you mentioned, parroting repetitive narratives about Randle without providing ONE SINGLE alternative. Ignoring
facts like Randle is one of few All Stars that wanted to be here, has been named an All Star 3 times, is a perennial 20/10/5 guy and what he did with B level cast since he has been here. We see how JBs all Star level play(with a much better cast than Randle ever had) is not enough during our recent drop in winning percentage. Do they think any FO would trade or value their stars, like fans, based on one poor series? (Not going to validate the ignorance of those blaming him for a drop in performance with one foot last year.)

But once again, my question has always been, Who are the basketball servants going to replace Randle with? Have been waiting for suggestions for three years now!

OMG- YES! I absolutely hate the "only for a superstar" line. Are people that unfamiliar with the NBA or that lazy that they can't make a list of who?

Panos, if KAT doesn't meet your expectations, who do you mean by a superstar?

Panos
3/22/2024  11:01 PM
gradyandrew wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

oh everything lol

OMG- YES! I absolutely hate the "only for a superstar" line. Are people that unfamiliar with the NBA or that lazy that they can't make a list of who?

Panos, if KAT doesn't meet your expectations, who do you mean by a superstar?

Grady, your post confuses me. You say "OMG YES", but I'm in full agreement with Hofstra. I'm saying I want to keep Randle unless some clear upgrade presents itself, which I don't exactly see as coming. You say who do I mean by a superstar, I already gave an example upstream of Giannis. I'm not saying that's likely, I'm saying I'm not trading Randle for a loss. He brings something very needed to our team, a skilled, scoring big, that is a beast, a triple threat, and when dialed in can body up defense. I'm perfectly happy keeping him.

gradyandrew

3/23/2024  1:46 AM
Anyone beside Giannis? I don't think it's really a hot take. I'd also trade iHart and Robinson for Jokic and JHart and OG for Doncic, and DDV for SGA.
gradyandrew

3/23/2024  1:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/23/2024  2:02 AM
I'd also happily trade for Tatum. My point is if Randle is the second best power forward in the league, or even just the second best fit for this team to compete as presently constructed, the premise of your position "I hope Randle doesn't mess up our .500 team and return us to blowing out the Nuggets by 30" seems kind of ridiculous.

Sorry to get ornery here but I'm on year 5 of defending Randle. I joined this forum basically to recognize dating back to Fitzsimmons and Mike Miller's time that Randle is the All-Star this team has been missing. Even at the beginning of this season I was calling for RJ to be traded because he was using up possessions that could be better used by other guys.

Look at the game logs from January. Except for two stinker vs. Orlando and Philly, Randle was playing at an All NBA level. Guy has grown every year he's been here and to suggest that somehow this team would be better without him sounds to me like a big, big step back.

Panos
3/23/2024  7:12 AM
So.... you're saying that if I can't come up with a list of players I WOULD trade him for I can't say I'm happy to have him and he's an important piece?
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

3/23/2024  5:03 PM
Honestly would you trade Randle for the Greek freak? The Greek freak is gonna cost a lot more, and he can’t shoot . Obviously his defense and ability to get to the hoop and finish are elite . Is the freak really that much better than Randle ? Especially when you consider the roster, in my opinion Randle fits better and is gonna cost the cap way less for roster flexibility.
Panos
3/23/2024  8:41 PM
gradyandrew wrote:Anyone beside Giannis? I don't think it's really a hot take. I'd also trade iHart and Robinson for Jokic and JHart and OG for Doncic, and DDV for SGA.

I think you're just busting my balls now

Nalod
USA
3/24/2024  10:02 AM
Panos wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Anyone beside Giannis? I don't think it's really a hot take. I'd also trade iHart and Robinson for Jokic and JHart and OG for Doncic, and DDV for SGA.

I think you're just busting my balls now

Then pledge your commitment to Randle and move on! LOL

Want Randle back soon. And/But...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy