[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 3/18/24 ESPN 10PM] Knicks @ Warriors
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
3/19/2024  9:34 AM
Super tired this morning but well worth staying up and watching this great game! Hats off to Deuce! This kid is a winner! Defended two HOF PGs as well as you can and had a career high! Give Hart his flowers too. I do not like him playing all 48 minutes but it doesn't seem like he's wearing down or getting tired. Another triple double! And Brunson should have had another 40 points if the damn zebras gave him the calls he deserves! But great win!

Sucks about OGA. Good news the MRI was negative and fingers crossed this is just aches and pains of the surgery. WE NEED HIM! I hate that he's so injury prone.

AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/19/2024  9:37 AM
Kuminga has really turned the corner and he's an impact player. Podziemski is starting to fade a bit, but he's a good role player and he might be a Donte DV clone.

Wiseman was a massive bust, but its hard to pass on a player of that size and theoretical talent.

Wiggins is the guy who's dissapointing. He is a former no.1 pick in his prime who has an all around game, but he's playing mediocre in each facet and it hurts them.

The other thing is they decided to keep the entirety of the core of Green - Klay - Curry together at a high cost of salary. Klay has had catastrophic injury and Green has lost his head too often. So they struggle.

But if Wiggins finds a way to get back to a passable level and Klay/Dray stay healthy around Curry they could give any team trouble.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/19/2024  9:39 AM
As for the game, what a show from the very beginning. Thibs going with 4 guards and iHart to start the game. That type of matchup-driven switch of the starting lineup is something many including myself said Thibs was not known for and would likely never do. Looks brilliant today. Biggest question mark is do they keep that unit rolling against a big Denver team? I don't think anyone wants to see us go back to starting Precious at PF.

iHart and Deuce were heroic yesterday. Deuce just has a knack for hitting big shots it seems. Even late-clock heaves, just feels good when he's rising up for a big shot.

iHart is just such a difference maker for this team. Crazy how badly we fell off a cliff with Precious or Sims yesterday and completely dominated iHart's minutes. Precious almost looked like he was throwing the game or something, was awful yesterday. Was also odd to see Sims get mins mid-game before going back to Precious. Wonder if something was going on with him.

Bogs and Burks back to being garbaggio. Just seems like they have no idea who to get good shots in this offense. Neither guy seems capable of hitting contested shots anymore. Burks seems to be reliable from the corner, need to try and get him some more looks from there. Bogs 3 ball seems so off, I'd much rather see him on the drive at this point then shooting even wide open 3s. Both guys should actually get relegated to corner 3 duty instead of being tasked with 1:1 creation where it seems they are both lost.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:42 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2024  9:45 AM
VDesai wrote:Kuminga has really turned the corner and he's an impact player. Podziemski is starting to fade a bit, but he's a good role player and he might be a Donte DV clone.

Wiseman was a massive bust, but its hard to pass on a player of that size and theoretical talent.

Wiggins is the guy who's dissapointing. He is a former no.1 pick in his prime who has an all around game, but he's playing mediocre in each facet and it hurts them.

The other thing is they decided to keep the entirety of the core of Green - Klay - Curry together at a high cost of salary. Klay has had catastrophic injury and Green has lost his head too often. So they struggle.

But if Wiggins finds a way to get back to a passable level and Klay/Dray stay healthy around Curry they could give any team trouble.

Resigning Wiggins, Klay, and Draymond really lacked some foresight. I suppose Klay is still a super solid 6th man, Draymond is still effective in his point-Center role but they just aren't talented enough anymore and those guys make stupid $$$. They really need a younger guy like Randle who can carry a big offensive load for them.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/19/2024  9:43 AM
martin wrote:Do not build around injury prone, eh dead beat horse

1 season in 3 years above 60 games so far.

Not knocking the skill level which is elite BUT long term durability was always the primary concern with Haliburton (ex wrist injury at Iowa St).

Not sure if recent play is due to injury but the NBA’s recent move to allow more defense wouldn’t seem to benefit Hali either. Reminds mid of Reggie M from an annoying standpoint so wishing him the worst on the court.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:45 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Super tired this morning but well worth staying up and watching this great game! Hats off to Deuce! This kid is a winner! Defended two HOF PGs as well as you can and had a career high! Give Hart his flowers too. I do not like him playing all 48 minutes but it doesn't seem like he's wearing down or getting tired. Another triple double! And Brunson should have had another 40 points if the damn zebras gave him the calls he deserves! But great win!

Sucks about OGA. Good news the MRI was negative and fingers crossed this is just aches and pains of the surgery. WE NEED HIM! I hate that he's so injury prone.

Agreed I had every intention of going to sleep by halftime but the game was too good. Back to back awesome games from the Knicks. We are actually getting some separation from the 6th spot with the schedule opening up again. After DEN is BKN, DET, TOR, SAS. We could really put a stamp on the 4-5 spot or maybe even push for 3 if we take care of business there.

With regards to OG, everything I read was that the injury he had was not really something you could "re-injure" so hopefully it's just soreness from the surgery. Sitting out the DEN game basically gives him a full week off between games.

Hopefully the Knicks have their eyes on those 4 games I just mentioned and want him back for those where we could go 4-0 and really solidify our playoff position.

LivingLegend

3/19/2024  9:45 AM
martin wrote:

Not only did Thibs hit gold with Deuce move but on top of everything else he did Josh kept Kuminga quiet most of the night.

Don’t love Precious minutes more recently- hope he can get back to cleaner / more forceful play/D.

LivingLegend

3/19/2024  9:47 AM
NYKBocker wrote:I hate Chris paul

Was killing me watching our bigs dropping on Paul’s mid-range game in first half and the wide open dunks to TJD were highly annoying.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:47 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Not only did Thibs hit gold with Deuce move but on top of everything else he did Josh kept Kuminga quiet most of the night.

Don’t love Precious minutes more recently- hope he can get back to cleaner / more forceful play/D.

He's making the Mitch comeback / decision easier. Can't wait to see iHart / Mitch platoon again.

It's really hard to see Thibs starting 4 guards against DEN. Part of me wonders if he would start Bogs to try and hit a spark with him. He needs to find a way to get him going.

LivingLegend

3/19/2024  9:48 AM
NYKBocker wrote:Bogs is really pressing

Jesus - he and Burks are playing so wonky most of the time - CRAZY poor play - not just missed shots but passes to nowhere, falling down, etc…etc.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/19/2024  9:49 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

Not knocking the skill level which is elite BUT long term durability was always the primary concern with Haliburton (ex wrist injury at Iowa St).

Not sure if recent play is due to injury but the NBA’s recent move to allow more defense wouldn’t seem to benefit Hali either. Reminds mid of Reggie M from an annoying standpoint so wishing him the worst on the court.

i mean they drafted him and injury prone or not it was still a great pick that they would do over again.

LivingLegend

3/19/2024  9:50 AM
martin wrote:I loved Grimes but that affair is over now that Deuce has arrived

As you say - get in line.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:51 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

i mean they drafted him and injury prone or not it was still a great pick that they would do over again.

They traded Sabonis for him - was drafted by SAC

LivingLegend

3/19/2024  9:56 AM
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

He's making the Mitch comeback / decision easier. Can't wait to see iHart / Mitch platoon again.

It's really hard to see Thibs starting 4 guards against DEN. Part of me wonders if he would start Bogs to try and hit a spark with him. He needs to find a way to get him going.

I tend to think the Deuce move was a Curry move because 1 he didn’t want Brunson chasing him and 2 Donte is too undisciplined defensively- so I think Deuce was more of a 1 game thing especially given Denver front-line of Joker/Gordan/Porter.

Though wouldn’t mind Deuce chasing J Murray around but think he will be off bench.

Denver is going to try to bully us in paint - at least we have full 2 days rest.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:59 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

I tend to think the Deuce move was a Curry move because 1 he didn’t want Brunson chasing him and 2 Donte is too undisciplined defensively- so I think Deuce was more of a 1 game thing especially given Denver front-line of Joker/Gordan/Porter.

Though wouldn’t mind Deuce chasing J Murray around but think he will be off bench.

Denver is going to try to bully us in paint - at least we have full 2 days rest.

Agree but Thibs tends to stick with things that work until it doesn't work anymore. I have a hard time seeing him go back to Precious at the 4. MPJ is where the matchup gets tough, can't really put DDV on him.

I think I'd like to see Bogs start. Try to catch lightning in a bottle with him.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/19/2024  10:48 AM
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:

Agree but Thibs tends to stick with things that work until it doesn't work anymore. I have a hard time seeing him go back to Precious at the 4. MPJ is where the matchup gets tough, can't really put DDV on him.

I think I'd like to see Bogs start. Try to catch lightning in a bottle with him.

I think Thibs is finding is inner Ironman. He is learning from his mistakes. He will adjust according to the matchup. Denver is a tall team. We are going to see Precious start and Jericho will be in the rotation this game. OG would have been great but we need to play Josh at the 3 for most of the game.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/19/2024  11:06 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:GSW had an amazing run but the end of a dynasty is usually not pretty.

I admire the effort to rebuild with yoot and its tough. Kuminga will be a good one but Wiseman dissapointed. Its hard to build thru draft!!! Even if your winning chips. Wiggins falling off has also hurt. Trayce-Jackson a good pick up! CP3 was the cost to rid of poole.
Its hard to transition as you said!!!

they made some bad moves. Wiseman pick was awful from day 1.

I remember the Knicks wanted to move up draft LaMelo that season. GSW could have had Mitch, and #8 to draft Hali, instead they chose Wiseman. That was a huge setback and the beginning of the end.

If they had taken the Knicks offer, imagine them having Mitch & Hali instead?

I'll add to this.

I thought they messed up the 2021 draft with Kuminga and Moody. I will start by saying I don't know enough about both of those players to know their long term upside.

But for me, Franz Wagner made the most sense for them with Steph and Thomson in the fold with Green. He was a SF/PF who could shoot, move, pass. After that, the draft is a little slippery but Trey Murphy and especially Alperen Sengun was sitting right there waiting on GS.

Just those 2 guys would have solidified their franchise for a long time. Not to mention Wiseman.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/19/2024  11:30 AM
DLeethal wrote:As for the game, what a show from the very beginning. Thibs going with 4 guards and iHart to start the game. That type of matchup-driven switch of the starting lineup is something many including myself said Thibs was not known for and would likely never do. Looks brilliant today. Biggest question mark is do they keep that unit rolling against a big Denver team? I don't think anyone wants to see us go back to starting Precious at PF.

iHart and Deuce were heroic yesterday. Deuce just has a knack for hitting big shots it seems. Even late-clock heaves, just feels good when he's rising up for a big shot.

iHart is just such a difference maker for this team. Crazy how badly we fell off a cliff with Precious or Sims yesterday and completely dominated iHart's minutes. Precious almost looked like he was throwing the game or something, was awful yesterday. Was also odd to see Sims get mins mid-game before going back to Precious. Wonder if something was going on with him.

Bogs and Burks back to being garbaggio. Just seems like they have no idea who to get good shots in this offense. Neither guy seems capable of hitting contested shots anymore. Burks seems to be reliable from the corner, need to try and get him some more looks from there. Bogs 3 ball seems so off, I'd much rather see him on the drive at this point then shooting even wide open 3s. Both guys should actually get relegated to corner 3 duty instead of being tasked with 1:1 creation where it seems they are both lost.

I am frankly shocked at how many of his heaves go in. After a while it's not just luck

martin
USA
3/19/2024  11:32 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:I hate Chris paul

Was killing me watching our bigs dropping on Paul’s mid-range game in first half and the wide open dunks to TJD were highly annoying.

And he did the leg kick thing to try to trip defender or get foul. And does all the dirty things constantly.

But he would be awesome off the bench

martin
USA
3/19/2024  11:33 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
martin wrote:I loved Grimes but that affair is over now that Deuce has arrived

As you say - get in line.

[GT 3/18/24 ESPN 10PM] Knicks @ Warriors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy