Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/18/2024  2:28 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:KP, Garland, Middleton, Haliburton, Embiid

Jamal Murray / MPJ, Zion, AD, Kyrie, KD/Beal, Kawhi/Paul George

Pretty much every team with eyes on a championship has a guy or multiple guys who miss 20+ games a year regularly and have had fair share of extended/season ending injuries.

The teams that don't have this worry, for the most part, are crappy young teams that don't win.

most of those guys are just old though.

Zion... I mean everyone knew the deal, he's one of the biggest risks in NBA history. Same with MPJ, and I dont think he's indispensable to DEN anyway.

but we didn't HAVE to be in this position, we weren't close enough to winning it all to make such a move. We don't have a Jokic on this team.

You have been advocating for a Lavine trade for years ... lol. We are 15-2 with OG on the court with a historically good NET compiled mostly through blowing out contenders by 30-40 points. You are the last man on your island yearning for the days of RJ and IQ and a bottom 10 defense back.

AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/18/2024  2:30 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2024  2:32 PM
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

Pretty much every team with eyes on a championship has a guy or multiple guys who miss 20+ games a year regularly and have had fair share of extended/season ending injuries.

The teams that don't have this worry, for the most part, are crappy young teams that don't win.

Zion... I mean everyone knew the deal, he's one of the biggest risks in NBA history. Same with MPJ, and I dont think he's indispensable to DEN anyway.

but we didn't HAVE to be in this position, we weren't close enough to winning it all to make such a move. We don't have a Jokic on this team.

You have been advocating for a Lavine trade for years ... lol. We are 15-2 with OG on the court with a historically good NET compiled mostly through blowing out contenders by 30-40 points. You are the last man on your island yearning for the days of RJ and IQ and a bottom 10 defense back.

Lavine has even played more games than OG the past 5 years.

but Lavine was also a buy low candidate like KP. I would never have suggested trading RJ AND IQ for him.

just because we had a bad defensive stretch doesn't mean that team was a bottom 10 defensive team.

nothing wrong with taking a chance on injury prone guys like KP or Lavine, but I wouldn't want to have to RELY on those 2 like we are reliant on OG now. KP as 4th best player here would have been great, but not as a cornerstone.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2024  2:30 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:Man this really sucks... we really need another big wing/guard. We gotta plan for OG to miss 20-30 games a year going forward and just hope he's healthy come playoffs.

Can you name a contender or legit playoff team that doesn't have this worry?

This wouldn't be a big deal if his surgery didn't align with Randle missing months of action straight. This team is good enough to weather OG's injury issues and they are 15-2 with him on the court with a historic net rating.

We should draft a big defensive forward though I think.

we didnt have this worry before the OG trade.

Outside of PHI with Embiid, and MIA with Butler who is 34 years old, what other contender is built around such an injury prone player?

I mean maybe the Clippers in the west? but they are built around old vets.

To have this be an issue with a 26 year old OG who is about to get paid big time, is a very difficult position to be in.

OG is our third best player. "Built around" is a stretch. I just named nearly every playoff team that has a heavy injury prone player in the top 3 of their pecking order.

We didn't have this worry before and we didn't have this type of ceiling before either. This team has been historically good with OG. Again, this wouldn't matter nearly as much if Randle wasn't out the entire time OG was out. We would probably be 16-17 games over .500 or more than that if Randle wasn't out for the last 20+ games.

We are definitely built around OG and Brunson right now. I mean we are 14-1 when those two play.

OG is more important to this team than Randle right now IMO. Because of what we gave up for him, he's irreplaceable right now.

and also because Randle right now is just a huge question mark in the playoffs.

We did not have to worry about this until January came and went and we got hope.

DLeethal

3/18/2024  2:34 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

but Lavine was also a buy low candidate like KP. I would never have suggested trading RJ AND IQ for him.

just because we had a bad defensive stretch doesn't mean that team was a bottom 10 defensive team.

They were a bad defensive team once Mitch got hurt with a rotation compiled mostly of ball dominant iso players who don't play defense. The post trade Knicks whipes the floor with the pre trade Knicks.

DLeethal

3/18/2024  2:36 PM
I don't know how anyone can watch how this team has performed since the OG trade and think "gimme a mulligan on that one". Somewhat insane.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
3/18/2024  2:37 PM
I'll be a nice fan and try to stay up and watch this one but I don't like our chances without OGA.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/18/2024  3:28 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I'll be a nice fan and try to stay up and watch this one but I don't like our chances without OGA.

Yeah, Id like to watch a quarter, but not even sure if it's worth it. The Denver game is a 9PM start, so if I'm gonna stay up once this week it will be for that one.

I just hate that they beat us last time. I was confident in our chances with OG, but it will be a tough go tonight without him. Need our shooters to go off. Maybe last game sparked Burks.

DLeethal

3/18/2024  3:32 PM
Last time we played the Warriors they were red hot on a 9-2 stretch going into the game while we were 2-6 going into it.

Right now Knicks are 4-1 in the last 5 and Warriors are 3-4 in last 7 including some bad losses.

So I think this one probably ends up being close. Even without OG I think we can continue some good momentum and Brunson is on fire again.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2024  3:39 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

Ingram is another.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/18/2024  3:41 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

nothing wrong with taking a chance on injury prone guys like KP or Lavine, but I wouldn't want to have to RELY on those 2 like we are reliant on OG now. KP as 4th best player here would have been great, but not as a cornerstone.

yes there is. You are forcing shots and disrupting chemistry for a guy's reputation. It's Kemba part II and a waste of time.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/18/2024  3:42 PM
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

yes there is. You are forcing shots and disrupting chemistry for a guy's reputation. It's Kemba part II and a waste of time.

really? BOS is about to win the chip with KP and Tatum saying he was the missing piece but it was a waste of time?

fishmike
USA
3/18/2024  4:53 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:

really? BOS is about to win the chip with KP and Tatum saying he was the missing piece but it was a waste of time?

Im sorry did you just suggest Lavine is remotely close to the impact player KP is? There is nothing similar there. Zilch.

Want a similar example? MPJ. Denver cant pay luxury so they trade him to us for expirings, role players and 3 FRPs. Impact player on both ends. OG sub. Next to OG wild wing coverage. Zach is an overpaid chucker. We are trying to win a title. Any risk or big $ is going to be on an impact player. I would rather have Josh Hart on this team than Lavine. Cmon man

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/18/2024  5:16 PM
Okay that's enough knob gobbling for this thread. Let's get back on track.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/18/2024  6:17 PM
You'all need to take a nap and come back in 4 hours
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/18/2024  6:21 PM
ToddTT wrote:Okay that's enough knob gobbling for this thread. Let's get back on track.

Saved me from depths of OG despair.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/18/2024  7:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2024  7:21 PM
nycericanguy wrote:

Are you seriously arguing against the trade right now ? And weren’t close enough for what move? This wasn’t an “all in” move. We didn’t even give up a single first round pick. Feels like you’re arguing something totally different and applying it to this trade. You’re talking about a hypothetical trade that isn’t close to what we actually did. Even with this injury there should be zero argument against the trade at this point.

ToddTT
3/18/2024  7:26 PM
Why? Why would you?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/18/2024  7:29 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/18/2024  8:02 PM
martin wrote:

Man he is more like OG Anunoavailbility, am I right?

ToddTT
3/18/2024  8:08 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

Man he is more like OG Anunoavailbility, am I right?

Somebody ban this funny ****er!!!

[GT 3/18/24 ESPN 10PM] Knicks @ Warriors

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy