[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 3/16/24 10PM] Knicks @ Kings
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/17/2024  12:53 PM
Fox had an off night and so did Sabonis. Knicks are starting to get locked in defensively even without 2 of their prime bigs

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:23 PM
I used to enjoy Doris Burke, now I’m good with Monica over Burke.
martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:29 PM
I just love Josh

https://theathletic.com/5347428/2024/03/17/jalen-brunson-scoring-knicks-kings/

He’s now gone for 40-plus points in two consecutive games. He dropped 45 Thursday during a 105-93 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Only three other Knicks have accomplished the same feat. Brunson is the first to do it since Carmelo Anthony in 2014. All of them are inscribed into franchise lore: Anthony, Patrick Ewing and Bernard King.

“He’s our go-to guy. Great that he was able to kinda get into that company,” said Josh Hart, Brunson’s teammate, longtime friend, podcast cohost and greatest critic. “That’s elite company. Maybe he’ll pass a little bit more next game.”

martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:47 PM
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

3/17/2024  2:02 PM
Please OG stay healthy. I like winning.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/17/2024  2:25 PM
martin wrote:I used to enjoy Doris Burke, now I’m good with Monica over Burke.

Doris stale as old bread —— Monica easy as Sunday morning.

martin
USA
3/17/2024  3:33 PM
Love this

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/17/2024  7:27 PM
martin wrote:I used to enjoy Doris Burke, now I'm good with Monica over Burke.
I don't like burke, but mcnutt voice kinda irritates me
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/17/2024  9:07 PM
martin wrote:Fox had an off night and so did Sabonis. Knicks are starting to get locked in defensively even without 2 of their prime bigs

Haha! Not bad for an "off night"¡

martin
USA
3/17/2024  10:46 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:Fox had an off night and so did Sabonis. Knicks are starting to get locked in defensively even without 2 of their prime bigs

Haha! Not bad for an "off night"¡

Yeah my bad. I meant second half for Sabonis. 1-5, 1-4FT 4TOs 3 points. He had a most excellent first half.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2024  10:11 AM
martin wrote:I just love Josh

He’s now gone for 40-plus points in two consecutive games. He dropped 45 Thursday during a 105-93 win over the Portland Trail Blazers. Only three other Knicks have accomplished the same feat. Brunson is the first to do it since Carmelo Anthony in 2014. All of them are inscribed into franchise lore: Anthony, Patrick Ewing and Bernard King.

“He’s our go-to guy. Great that he was able to kinda get into that company,” said Josh Hart, Brunson’s teammate, longtime friend, podcast cohost and greatest critic. “That’s elite company. Maybe he’ll pass a little bit more next game.”

this is the thing.. we have followed some bad teams. This is not only a very good team, it's an incredibly FUN team. It's a 90s Knicks vibe except instead of Ewing running the show its some magic baby from Duncan and Iverson. It's talented, ascending, well coached and well managed. There's no shortage of guys to love on this squad. But hey I'm a homer and WANT to like my team so wtf do I know. Cracks me up when folks who follow this squad, see what's happening here and come in minutes police and Thib's slander. The man's done nothing but cook for 4 years.

Now we got a SQUAD.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/18/2024  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/18/2024  10:46 AM
fishmike wrote:

this is the thing.. we have followed some bad teams. This is not only a very good team, it's an incredibly FUN team. It's a 90s Knicks vibe except instead of Ewing running the show its some magic baby from Duncan and Iverson. It's talented, ascending, well coached and well managed. There's no shortage of guys to love on this squad. But hey I'm a homer and WANT to like my team so wtf do I know. Cracks me up when folks who follow this squad, see what's happening here and come in minutes police and Thib's slander. The man's done nothing but cook for 4 years.

Now we got a SQUAD.

Yep proud homer. All well put. I've learned that it's okay to crazy OCD bone pick on Thibs, Randle, the FO, you name it, but please don't criticize the criticizers. Anyway, after years of this nonsense, perhaps the time has to come set all that aside - myself included. You have to go back a quarter century to have a team this competitive, well constructed, and well coached. And yeah fun. I'd say even more likable - more good guys than the earlier team. And there is even hope for the future with the assets and chess playing of Rose and company.

So everybody together now...Kumba effin ya....

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/18/2024  11:12 AM
KnickDanger wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Now we got a SQUAD.

Yep proud homer. All well put. I've learned that it's okay to crazy OCD bone pick on Thibs, Randle, the FO, you name it, but please don't criticize the criticizers. Anyway, after years of this nonsense, perhaps the time has to come set all that aside - myself included. You have to go back a quarter century to have a team this competitive, well constructed, and well coached. And yeah fun. I'd say even more likable - more good guys than the earlier team. And there is even hope for the future with the assets and chess playing of Rose and company.

I heard the "Brunson is better than Melo" thing on a podcast today. Not going to get into that argument. But this team is exactly the team that should have been built around Melo. It's an intelligently designed roster with exactly the right kind of players and coach you want to surround offensive stars.

Imagine a Brunson - Hart - OG - Melo - iHart roster. That would have won a championship. Melo was stuck playing with a broken Amare, JR Smith, Bargnani. What a shame we didn't build it right around him.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/18/2024  11:24 AM
This is really just my own feeling and not a fact, but in watching the Knicks for 30+ years, I've never felt more confident about a player getting buckets than Brunson. He is a remarkable player. He can beat traps and doubles, you can try to foul him or play him physically. You can send help in the paint. This guy can just score at will. Yes he can have an off night. Yes some nights the traps/doubles work better than others. His confidence and intelligence just make it so hard on the defense to truly shut him down. He will find a way. Even the small things - like noticing that Keon Ellis was peaking on the screens. Just insane intelligence to call for that at the most crucial point in the game and immediately pounce when Ellis looked away. Even with that hit was a very cool, collected finish as they had rim protection ready when he got to the paint. He quickly got to his strong hand and switched hands and got it up before the defender could jump.

Just a next level basketball play made mainly by smarts but also exceptional quickness and skill. Its one of those things you just come to expect, but when you think about the moment in the game and how the entire defense is keyed in to stop him - to make that play is remarkable.

martin
USA
3/18/2024  1:25 PM
DLeethal wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Now we got a SQUAD.

I heard the "Brunson is better than Melo" thing on a podcast today. Not going to get into that argument. But this team is exactly the team that should have been built around Melo. It's an intelligently designed roster with exactly the right kind of players and coach you want to surround offensive stars.

Imagine a Brunson - Hart - OG - Melo - iHart roster. That would have won a championship. Melo was stuck playing with a broken Amare, JR Smith, Bargnani. What a shame we didn't build it right around him.

I think it does show us how hard it is to be or have a competent FO where luck is also very heavy involved IMHO

Things are turning in our favor outside of some ill timed injuries.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/18/2024  2:27 PM
Josh Hart gonna be a great villain. Opposing teams and fans gonna hate him if we are a winning team!
martin
USA
3/18/2024  8:54 PM
I needed to mute this voice but good defensive X & O’s

PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/19/2024  12:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/19/2024  1:03 AM
martin wrote:
PresIke wrote:Best Knick team and most hopeful combined since even before this forum existed.

Outside of the '99 team but we blew it and did not have the front office and a Dolan who took a 20+ year learning curve to get it.

Not necessarily saying much, but we don't even know what this team might be and it's that hope that is different.

This IS A KNICK TEAM.

And with letting some physical play come back...

mad funny that speculation was it would hurt us because us of HIM....

not able to cope being "undersized"

This was Bill Simmons this past week, btw (if anyone saw).

How can any Knick fan not like this team?

I can't remember maybe EVER as a Knick fan that our fanbase is most likely not as doubtful....

Yes, I know some hate on Thibs end of game coaching, but is that really looking like a problem?

Not so bad too have Jalen MFin Brunson leading and QBing the team.

PresIke in the house

Belated what's up martin!!!!

Wow what a journey on this forum?

Great to drop in as a former Lova turned but... "Every time I'm out they pull me back in!"

Glad you've kept it going. This still the place to be if I want to chat even if who knows who's still around.

I know a lot of fans who've fallen into distancing themselves for good reason and then going to post on X-Twitter to pretty much no one and likes from bots, or trying to chime in on a Knicks Youtube channel costs or flys by in a flash...

Funnyas Kam caught me posting on there recently!

Great times for Knick fans to just experience this for a change.

We know those 90's teams and funny how on 2k24 you can go back in time....(if you can find the right rosters)

and always go back to that '99 run and that off season or whenever the "King Kong" Layden made Ewing trade.

Still remember one of the first folks to have real insight to the modern NBA and capology that now everyone knows on the old NY Times forum Chelu22 (something like that)...

Basically being Nostradamus with that we should have maybe "blown it up" or something smarter than that sideways trade for Rice, whatever nonsense we got was the beginning of the 20 year disaster movie.

It's the HOPE that kills you but also keeps you alive.

Peace-ahhhhh!

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
[GT 3/16/24 10PM] Knicks @ Kings

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy