[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2024  3:11 PM
blkexec wrote:Did you hear about his friendly potential extension?

What else can you say about this guy. He continues to surprise me. Love this guy.

NO DIDDY

Not to harp on the little guy thing, but its not like Becky Harmon invented this either.
JB plays less then 65 games next season that Super max is not there. JB blows out his knee It could be even less than what might be on the table.
I love the guy and not trying to knock him down. Yes I do believe at the end of the day he, Rick, Leon, and Sam all understand knicks put him in a position to succeed and there is a reasonable path for all to win. He is a fantastic worker and no doubt deserving of his 5 place MVP. That he lasted this long was truly inspirational and deserving of all the accolades he has gotten and then some!
He'd have to wait a year to get the super max, and have to nearly repeat much of this season. I'm not convinced he can repeat this kind of season and doing it just for the money is not sustainable. Longer term the money becomes an albatross as he ages and team cannot keep talent around him?
If this extension is accurate it also enables the team to plan. If OG and Randle want more knicks can do right by them and still receive value in return.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2024  4:20 PM
Nalod wrote:

What else can you say about this guy. He continues to surprise me. Love this guy.

NO DIDDY

Not to harp on the little guy thing, but its not like Becky Harmon invented this either.
JB plays less then 65 games next season that Super max is not there. JB blows out his knee It could be even less than what might be on the table.
I love the guy and not trying to knock him down. Yes I do believe at the end of the day he, Rick, Leon, and Sam all understand knicks put him in a position to succeed and there is a reasonable path for all to win. He is a fantastic worker and no doubt deserving of his 5 place MVP. That he lasted this long was truly inspirational and deserving of all the accolades he has gotten and then some!
He'd have to wait a year to get the super max, and have to nearly repeat much of this season. I'm not convinced he can repeat this kind of season and doing it just for the money is not sustainable. Longer term the money becomes an albatross as he ages and team cannot keep talent around him?
If this extension is accurate it also enables the team to plan. If OG and Randle want more knicks can do right by them and still receive value in return.

JB already out of the super max eligibility because he signed as a free agent. Only can happen with team that drafted you or if you were traded from that team (other reasons too).

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
5/22/2024  4:44 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

NO DIDDY

JB already out of the super max eligibility because he signed as a free agent. Only can happen with team that drafted you or if you were traded from that team (other reasons too).

So that $270mm figure something he was truly eligible for? Was that 4 or 5 year figure? We talking 67mm 4 years, or 54mm avg over 5. Thats serious coin!!!!
If knicks don't pay that, is there a market for it?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
5/22/2024  5:03 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

NO DIDDY

So that $270mm figure something he was truly eligible for? Was that 4 or 5 year figure? We talking 67mm 4 years, or 54mm avg over 5. Thats serious coin!!!!

I think the $270M is if he played all through next season and then opted out of his player year for 2025-26 and signed a 5 year max deal at that juncture.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
5/22/2024  5:09 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

NO DIDDY

He is only eligible for the max for vets with 5+ years of eligibility if he signs this offseason (25% of the cap, or 35.5mm plus 7.5% increases. 35.5, 38.1, 41, 44 = 158mm). If he waits and plays 24-25, he would move up to the 7+ year max (30%) which would be based off of the significantly increased cap estimate at 155m next year + 7.5% increases = 46.5, 50, 53.7, 57.7, 62 = 270mm).

Would be a really respectable move by Brunson to benefit the franchise and allow them more flexibility going forward.

This is the Randle.
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

5/24/2024  10:46 AM
Jalen Brunson can have anything he wants. He is an MVP caliber player and turned DDV into prime Klay Thompson. Give him whatever he wants and sign Ed Pinckney to the MLE if he say too.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
5/24/2024  10:55 AM
EwingPSD wrote:Jalen Brunson can have anything he wants. He is an MVP caliber player and turned DDV into prime Klay Thompson. Give him whatever he wants and sign Ed Pinckney to the MLE if he say too.

Scott Layden, is that you?

This is the Randle.
Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy