[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.
Author Thread
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/4/2024  12:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I have a question for the old timers:
I wasn't old enough to remember Bernard Kin's 3x 40 point games in a row in the playoffs... how did Brunson's current run compare to BK's dominance? When my dad was here, his #1 favorite think to talk about was the championship teams and #2 was Bernard King smoking everyone

Just curious how people who really experienced both in real time found them to stack up

Scroll down to the playoff log for the season. I tee'd it up for you.
Have to reamember Kings run was like 150 or so games in little over two seasons. Jalen has already surpassed that.
DIfferent game, king was a 6-7 forward with really strong fundamentals but as very quick.
He as a high draft pick who had legal and other issues and was not fulfilling his potential. When he got here, he really turned it on.
He carried a team for a short period. it was fun. Then he blew his knee out. It was awful.

It was a short run but he was a brooklyn kid who really "came home" and took his game to new levels. Like Jalen it was improbable ascension that made it so much fun.
King took one three pt shot in that playoff run. It was 12 games.
Lets see if we can get by INDY.
Brunson is a short player carrying this team. Its not knick hate that says its unlikely. Its basically the historical tied to the concept.
You If he can carry t his team to the finals and win, he will have defied history. Until then Becky Hammon and others are still correct. "Small guards when are the best player don't win chips".

Embiid was not close to 100%. If he was Im not so certain we win t his series. Maxey was not too far off from Jalen.
We down Jules and Bojan. We are a better team but Im just going by who played.

I hope to hell Im wrong and this team wins a chip? Jalen has defied many odds in his career. Why stop now??

Dad always lamented that a peak King never got to play with Ewing. That was a bigger deal to him than taking away the pick that yielded Pippen, or missing Kobe by a pick (or missing out on Steph)

Which 40 points a gang over three games in the playoffs was more impressive to you? I can't imagine King's stretch was more impressive, but I feel like 40 in that era is way more impressive than today. Which impresses you more?

King blew the knee out but its also why we "tanked" so it goes hand in hand.
King seemed more dominant because he also did not have any 3pt made so there was that.
Knicks beat the pre smash mouth Pistons and scoring was still a thing.
It was a long time ago so I want to say his scoring was more dominant.

AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
5/4/2024  3:58 PM
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/4/2024  6:13 PM
He remembers

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Posts: 21962
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 10/8/2002
Member: #333
USA
5/5/2024  9:36 AM
Brunson is going to have a 50 point game in this series no doubt it.
VDesai
Posts: 37762
Alba Posts: 44
Joined: 10/28/2003
Member: #477
USA
5/5/2024  10:06 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Brunson is going to have a 50 point game in this series no doubt it.

Maybe more than 1

SupremeCommander
Posts: 33831
Alba Posts: 35
Joined: 4/28/2006
Member: #1127

5/5/2024  12:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:I have a question for the old timers:
I wasn't old enough to remember Bernard Kin's 3x 40 point games in a row in the playoffs... how did Brunson's current run compare to BK's dominance? When my dad was here, his #1 favorite think to talk about was the championship teams and #2 was Bernard King smoking everyone

Just curious how people who really experienced both in real time found them to stack up

Scroll down to the playoff log for the season. I tee'd it up for you.
Have to reamember Kings run was like 150 or so games in little over two seasons. Jalen has already surpassed that.
DIfferent game, king was a 6-7 forward with really strong fundamentals but as very quick.
He as a high draft pick who had legal and other issues and was not fulfilling his potential. When he got here, he really turned it on.
He carried a team for a short period. it was fun. Then he blew his knee out. It was awful.

It was a short run but he was a brooklyn kid who really "came home" and took his game to new levels. Like Jalen it was improbable ascension that made it so much fun.
King took one three pt shot in that playoff run. It was 12 games.
Lets see if we can get by INDY.
Brunson is a short player carrying this team. Its not knick hate that says its unlikely. Its basically the historical tied to the concept.
You If he can carry t his team to the finals and win, he will have defied history. Until then Becky Hammon and others are still correct. "Small guards when are the best player don't win chips".

Embiid was not close to 100%. If he was Im not so certain we win t his series. Maxey was not too far off from Jalen.
We down Jules and Bojan. We are a better team but Im just going by who played.

I hope to hell Im wrong and this team wins a chip? Jalen has defied many odds in his career. Why stop now??

Dad always lamented that a peak King never got to play with Ewing. That was a bigger deal to him than taking away the pick that yielded Pippen, or missing Kobe by a pick (or missing out on Steph)

Which 40 points a gang over three games in the playoffs was more impressive to you? I can't imagine King's stretch was more impressive, but I feel like 40 in that era is way more impressive than today. Which impresses you more?

King blew the knee out but its also why we "tanked" so it goes hand in hand.
King seemed more dominant because he also did not have any 3pt made so there was that.
Knicks beat the pre smash mouth Pistons and scoring was still a thing.
It was a long time ago so I want to say his scoring was more dominant.

If King played today I think his dominance would have been extended. Sports medicine has grown substantially

Anyway, thanks for the perspective

DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/5/2024  1:12 PM
VDesai wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Brunson is going to have a 50 point game in this series no doubt it.

Maybe more than 1

Now do playing 48 minutes for a game.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Posts: 53199
Alba Posts: 1
Joined: 7/19/2002
Member: #298
USA
5/6/2024  2:49 PM
Knicks beat Phili 4-2, Embiid has monster numbers. Maxey had very good numbers and was unstoppable at times. Even after 2 terrible shooting games in 1&2 Brunson puts up 35.5/9/4.5

I mean holy phucking sheet. This while playing top flight defense in a team based coverage that doesnt allow for plays off. This wasnt chucking either. This was constant attacking in the post and driving the lane every time down the floor. Guy is a phucking monster.

One of the most underrated aspects of his game is his athleticism. Dude's quick as a cat and build like a boulder. He's short, yeah.. but "crafty" undersells IMO his ability to use his power and quickness to straight up cook guys over and over again down the floor.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
joec32033
Posts: 30528
Alba Posts: 37
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #583
USA
5/7/2024  5:04 AM
~You can't run from who you are.~
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/9/2024  12:33 PM
What the hell is going on here

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/15/2024  11:10 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2024  12:35 PM
martin wrote:

Great. How many did it in route to a chip?
All HOF players.
King, Elgin Baylor and Iverson are HOF, but no chip.

DJMUSIC
Posts: 22846
Alba Posts: 0
Joined: 1/30/2007
Member: #1283

5/15/2024  4:56 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Great. How many did it in route to a chip?
All HOF players.
King, Elgin Baylor and Iverson are HOF, but no chip.

LET em' all keep Disrespecting the KNICKS and Jalen Brunson from opposing NBA teams mgmt., coaches ,few NBA stars all they
want. We now know how valuable Brunson is as PG and NBA star, NBA superstar. Let em' all keep dissin' Knickerbockers team
& success. Those guys Draymond Green, the Shaq's and Barkely of NBA views let them write Knicks off.

Our Knicks ain't done yet
GO KNICKS! ..

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/15/2024  9:02 PM
My dudes,

Lets get to the ECF's before we celebrate.
this is not over. Last night was great but we have not done anything yet.
Sure we happy this rag tag group is over achieving. But Brunson is now getting accolades and he is doing what top 5 in MVP voting players do, and likely first or second all NBA players.
He has earned those honors and respect, so its not like he is being disrespected. He is proving himself.

martin
Posts: 69132
Alba Posts: 108
Joined: 7/24/2001
Member: #2
USA
5/15/2024  10:22 PM
Nalod wrote:My dudes,

Lets get to the ECF's before we celebrate.

this is not over. Last night was great but we have not done anything yet.
Sure we happy this rag tag group is over achieving. But Brunson is now getting accolades and he is doing what top 5 in MVP voting players do, and likely first or second all NBA players.
He has earned those honors and respect, so its not like he is being disrespected. He is proving himself.

Wait, what? I just started celebrating Wednesday night and I'm not turning back!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
joec32033
Posts: 30528
Alba Posts: 37
Joined: 2/3/2004
Member: #583
USA
5/16/2024  12:27 AM
DJMUSIC wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

Great. How many did it in route to a chip?
All HOF players.
King, Elgin Baylor and Iverson are HOF, but no chip.

LET em' all keep Disrespecting the KNICKS and Jalen Brunson from opposing NBA teams mgmt., coaches ,few NBA stars all they
want. We now know how valuable Brunson is as PG and NBA star, NBA superstar. Let em' all keep dissin' Knickerbockers team
& success. Those guys Draymond Green, the Shaq's and Barkely of NBA views let them write Knicks off.

Our Knicks ain't done yet
GO KNICKS! ..

LeBron (8) 6-9
West (8) 6-3
MJ (7, 6, 6) 6-6
King (6) 6-7
Iverson (6) 6-0
Elgin (5) 6-5
Barry (5) 6-7
Kareem (5) 7-2
Hakeem (5) 7-0
Shaq (5) 7-1
Brunson (5) 6-2

Look at that....same amount of 7 feet or over guys and of guys 6-4 or under.....can you be too tall to be a 1A guy, Becky?

~You can't run from who you are.~
Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2024  7:45 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:My dudes,

Lets get to the ECF's before we celebrate.

this is not over. Last night was great but we have not done anything yet.
Sure we happy this rag tag group is over achieving. But Brunson is now getting accolades and he is doing what top 5 in MVP voting players do, and likely first or second all NBA players.
He has earned those honors and respect, so its not like he is being disrespected. He is proving himself.

Wait, what? I just started celebrating Wednesday night and I'm not turning back!

Nalod
Posts: 68922
Alba Posts: 154
Joined: 12/24/2003
Member: #508
USA
5/16/2024  8:31 AM
Sorry to see DM succumb to injury and not give Celtics a full run.
Jalen durability is remarkable thus far and he is carrying knicks on his back.
He is just in year two of his remarkable ascension and perhaps has moved past DM.
I think Becky Hammon in a few years can add him to the "With exception" list of Iverson and Stockton.
Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy