USA
3/19/2024  2:33 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

3/19/2024  4:17 PM
Yeah he def is. We don't really need Donovan Mitchell anymore. Too many similarities if you ask me. Jaylen Brown would have been perfect.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

3/20/2024  12:00 AM
Naked made a good point about All NBA no longer being positional. Seems kind of like a farce to abandon a time honored NBA tradition but whatever. I don't think JB will make first team- it should be Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Doncic, SGA. But JB should be a lock for the second team.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/20/2024  3:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2024  3:16 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Naked made a good point about All NBA no longer being positional. Seems kind of like a farce to abandon a time honored NBA tradition but whatever. I don't think JB will make first team- it should be Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Doncic, SGA. But JB should be a lock for the second team.

This when the “emperor wears no clothes”?

Kudos to you for actually thinking it thru as to whom might be in front.

gradyandrew
Member: #8959

3/20/2024  5:16 AM
Nalod wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Naked made a good point about All NBA no longer being positional. Seems kind of like a farce to abandon a time honored NBA tradition but whatever. I don't think JB will make first team- it should be Jokic, Giannis, Tatum, Doncic, SGA. But JB should be a lock for the second team.

It was either auto correct or my secret knowledge of your preferred attire (or lack thereof).

Nalod
USA
3/20/2024  8:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2024  8:53 AM
I do think Jalen should reach All NBA and for him its a major accomplishment if 2nd or 3rd team!
His timing could be spot on also for the olympic team.
I thought given he started last summer and USA finished 4th it might hurt his return if others wanted in.
Not so sure it was on him though.

His resume is filling out….

HS chips.
NCAA player of the year
2 NCAA Chips
all star
All NBA?
Olympic gold?
If he can make few more All NBA and Allstars his Resume for HOF is filling out.
Add a NBA chip and its a slam dunk!
His winning, not stats would drive it. Its not “NBA HOF”, its Basketball HOF.
Its why Marbury will one day get enshrined. His NBA stats were trending but he fell off fast. What he did winning in China might carry him thru.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2024  11:05 AM
Nalod wrote:

settle down... you aint the emperor... you only think you are
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
3/20/2024  11:07 AM
the question is will Brunson be an all NBA supermax guy... (that so rarely works out )
Nalod
USA
3/20/2024  1:55 PM
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I Do? Im not big on “Decree’s” let alone fanboy/Hater proclamations.
In a vacuum, I don’t vacuum naked either!

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/20/2024  2:05 PM
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You are missing out man!

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/20/2024  6:31 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Nalod wrote:

You are missing out man!

It's the only reason I bought a commercial shop vac.

I couldn't decide which emoji worked best...

martin
USA
3/20/2024  10:21 PM
martin
USA
3/20/2024  10:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2024  10:24 PM
I recall that the Knicks had to cough up a second rounder for Jalen but do feel like Durant cost a bit more than that

One is also a decade younger with not so much the injury history

This is bonkers

martin
USA
3/20/2024  10:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/20/2024  11:00 PM
I don’t think it’s really an outlier statement but I think next season we will see an insane passing version of Brunson.

Bank on it

It just feels palpable to me with how the game is slowing down for him and then his moving cutting passing spacing teammates too.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/21/2024  7:36 AM
martin wrote:

Man what wizardry is this. I watch this guy as closely as anyone and there are some subtle footwork moves when he really slows down those replays that I have never caught. His balance and subtlety is otherwordly. And this video is just about his dribble and footwork, doesnt even talk about how insane his finishing touch is!

fishmike
USA
3/21/2024  3:29 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

Man what wizardry is this. I watch this guy as closely as anyone and there are some subtle footwork moves when he really slows down those replays that I have never caught. His balance and subtlety is otherwordly. And this video is just about his dribble and footwork, doesnt even talk about how insane his finishing touch is!

I think some of Brunson's athleticism is underrated and undersold. He's just not built like an NBA player, more like half back or 3rd baseman.

He's very strong, both upper and lower body. He gets his shot off with great quickness. These scoops and floaters are in the air half the time before the defender knows it's a shot. He doesnt give up position on defense, only height. He's short, but he's built like a tank and has great quickness to offset average speed (NBA standards). Clearly alot of his game is taking advantage of his non-traditional NBA build.

martin
USA
3/22/2024  12:09 PM
Bonkers

martin
USA
3/22/2024  3:13 PM
Nalod
USA
3/22/2024  3:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:

I think some of Brunson's athleticism is underrated and undersold. He's just not built like an NBA player, more like half back or 3rd baseman.

He's very strong, both upper and lower body. He gets his shot off with great quickness. These scoops and floaters are in the air half the time before the defender knows it's a shot. He doesnt give up position on defense, only height. He's short, but he's built like a tank and has great quickness to offset average speed (NBA standards). Clearly alot of his game is taking advantage of his non-traditional NBA build.

He is durable where Murray of Nuggs and Zion have not been. They don't look like NBA guys either.
Put Luka Doncic there also.
Other than Zion, the link is strong fundamentals utilizing their natural body type strength.
martin
USA
3/28/2024  1:59 PM
He is in the convo

Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy