3/15/2024  11:32 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2024  12:17 PM
and winning... the numbers are gaudy for sure, but it's literally all about winning with this guy.

How much credit goes to this coaching staff? Our biggest FA acquisitions have clearly leveled up since coming here and playing for this coach. FO nabbed DD, Jalen and IHart and all came here with levels to unlock. Jules was already here but difference in MIP/COY season was also wild.

Brunson is 27 and a below the rim game that's gonna age really well. Just stay healthy kid. Really feels like he's THE ONE

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/15/2024  12:32 PM
fishmike wrote:and winning... the numbers are gaudy for sure, but it's literally all about winning with this guy.

How much credit goes to this coaching staff? Our biggest FA acquisitions have clearly leveled up since coming here and playing for this coach. FO nabbed DD, Jalen and IHart and all came here with levels to unlock. Jules was already here but difference in MIP/COY season was also wild.

Brunson is 27 and a below the rim game that's gonna age really well. Just stay healthy kid. Really feels like he's THE ONE

What's crazy to think about is that going after Brunson and subsequently all of his college buddies / teammates reeks of cronyism in most cases BUT in this case they were also A+ basketball moves. It's not like employing Thanasis to please Giannis, we found amazing support players by going after Brunson's best friends. Really unusual situation that is working out very well for us.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2024  12:40 PM
DLeethal wrote:What's crazy to think about is that going after Brunson and subsequently all of his college buddies / teammates reeks of cronyism in most cases BUT in this case they were also A+ basketball moves. It's not like employing Thanasis to please Giannis, we found amazing support players by going after Brunson's best friends. Really unusual situation that is working out very well for us.
it so does... and what we have is the opposite. JB/Hart/DD clearly push each other to win. They arent just having fun out there (they are). They are WORKING and real blue collar throw back Knicks to the 90s. DD really reminds me of Starks. He's always flying around, attacks with no fear, gets physical and plays with joy.

The Nova trio are real culture setters. They all earned the coaches trust. They are all accountable. Now it's just stay healthy and enjoy the journey. Feels like the 90s. We are good... can we crack the finals?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2024  12:41 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:and winning... the numbers are gaudy for sure, but it's literally all about winning with this guy.

What's crazy to think about is that going after Brunson and subsequently all of his college buddies / teammates reeks of cronyism in most cases BUT in this case they were also A+ basketball moves. It's not like employing Thanasis to please Giannis, we found amazing support players by going after Brunson's best friends. Really unusual situation that is working out very well for us.

+1

I think the evolution of Brunson has absolutely been augmented by the role player pieces around him. Shooters and moves and ball movers - Hart, iHart, OG, DDV especially. McBride, Precious on a slightly lower level but still very meaningfully. And not that they were at all bad, but switching out IQ/RJ who were higher usage players helped a ton.

And we have seen Brunson do his (limited) best on the other end to do his part too.

Win win win.

Knicks are absolutely building around Brunson but that was obvious.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/15/2024  12:49 PM
Another part of the Villanova thing that is an odd coincidence is not only are these guys great players, they push each other to maximize their talents and they mesh really well, they all happen to be Thibs guys, which we've seen is NOT a given and hard for some players to figure out. How many players have we seen struggle to thrive in the 2 spot in this offense under Thibs, it got to the point where many people thought it would be impossible for anyone to thrive in Grimes' role the way Thibs coaches and Randle/Brunson play, than DDV just waltzes in and shows it's very possible for a 3 point shooter to get volume 3s in this offense and shoot 40%.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2024  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2024  12:56 PM
Incredible we kept the 4 spot thus far. I know we had a nice lead and others caught up. suprised Indy has not done better and Miami is a mess right now.
Orlando crawled back.
I'd expect if healthy and can stay that way we move back to keep it.
In the age of Parity this middle group of teams can make life difficult. These are teams that can tweek and go on a run. Indy has the talent but has to figure it **** out first.

Its not that Im NOT excited about our prospects, I just respect what others are doing and realize things might not fall as we had hoped. The ceiling is high with this team but we wade in treacherous waters.

martin
USA
3/15/2024  3:42 PM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/15/2024  8:07 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

+1

I think the evolution of Brunson has absolutely been augmented by the role player pieces around him. Shooters and moves and ball movers - Hart, iHart, OG, DDV especially. McBride, Precious on a slightly lower level but still very meaningfully. And not that they were at all bad, but switching out IQ/RJ who were higher usage players helped a ton.

And we have seen Brunson do his (limited) best on the other end to do his part too.

Win win win.

Knicks are absolutely building around Brunson but that was obvious.

Brunson is a winner, a leader and a closer. He’s become a top offensive weapon in the league and is still ascending. I feel like Steph got the same treatment being criticized of being too small to be a 1A on a contender. Why not Brunson too ? I think he has all of the intangibles any superstar needs on top of being really good. And obviously building around him the right way is so important, which we are in the middle of doing.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/16/2024  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/16/2024  11:31 AM
I don't think that we need a true 1A and I have no problem having Brunson be out offensive leader. I still think that the Detroit championship team is our best blueprint so:

Brunson / Billups
DiVincenzo / Rip
OG / Prince
Randle / Sheed
Mitch / Wallace

I don't think we need a 1A, I think we need upgrades at 2 and 5 despite the fact I like both players and they both play similar roles. For example, no disrespect tot Mitch, we just need a HOF defensive presence at the center position. I don't think there's a huge chasm between Donte and Rip, but Rip was also a 3x All Star and I don't think our guy is on that level (yet anyway)

Back to Brunson -- I think he's better than Billups. So I mean who cares if he's Kobe Bryant or not... the dude is good enough to be the offensive leader on a championship team. There is a reason Doncic sounds like he's gonna cry every time Brunson's name comes up. Last year he got jobbed and didn't make the ASG, and his season was every bit as good as Tony Parker's same age season (and he made the game that year). I think Brunson is better than TP too - and he's another guy that could get you a chip if you surround him with other talent

TLDR; I think Burnson can be the offensive leader on a championship team but we need guys to either grow substantially or find and add them somehow

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
USA
3/16/2024  4:57 PM
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/17/2024  12:52 AM
He's just HIM
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:25 AM
Dang
martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:43 AM
Agreed

martin
USA
3/17/2024  1:59 AM
blkexec
Member: #748
3/17/2024  2:02 AM
We need a rating higher than 1A. This guy is all world. His leadership alone is top notch. And when he’s hitting 3s, good night. 42 against a blitz defense all game? No Randle? OG with a bum elbow?

Wow

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
martin
USA
3/17/2024  11:11 AM
martin
USA
3/17/2024  11:15 AM

martin
USA
3/17/2024  11:16 AM
Good company

martin
USA
3/17/2024  11:21 AM
Brunson is 1A? Yes, Brunson is a 1A.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy