[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Naser is balling.........
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/26/2004  6:42 AM
When a player is going through tough time, you don't give him a kick in the a&&, you offer him help instead. Believe it or not, other players around the league take notes when they see such gesture. All I want to see right now is him coming off the bench until he is mentally ready to play.
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/26/2004  8:21 AM
Since he stopped fasting, Nazy's been averaging 15 Pts, 11 Rbs, 1.1 Blks in 30 mpg. Imagine if he keeps that up all season! I think his defense (esp. help defense) has improved, although it's still not where we want it to be.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/26/2004  8:25 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

Since he stopped fasting, Nazy's been averaging 15 Pts, 11 Rbs, 1.1 Blks in 30 mpg. Imagine if he keeps that up all season! I think his defense (esp. help defense) has improved, although it's still not where we want it to be.

I could definately live with that for the season.
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  10:47 AM
any added production from Naser and Kurt is a blessing. 24 rbs + 35 points from the two is just what we need to go over the hump. Now, we just have to find some production out of the 3 spot (SF)
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
11/26/2004  11:45 AM
Look there's no doubt in my mind that TT will become a force sometimes soon, it's very unfortunate it has been a slow slow process with him, but patience is the key word.

Nazy, like some one said earlier, his stats are still mis leading. Ask TMS who said last season ( when kt got off to the same splendid start his having this year) how invisible he was despit posting some good #s. Most of look at the sats after the game and see nazy's #s and are like WoW.... he had that many rebounds.

But the reality is a lot of mis tip-ins ( although some putbacks do fall for him) and offensive rebounds that normally don't account for bucket.

IMO you want to see Nazy get to the line at least 7 to 10 times a game, and maybe avg. 2 blocks a game, while changing at least 1/2 a dozen other shots. Thats when he would consider a major impact.
ES
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  11:50 AM
If we can win a few games with the production that he has given us so far, I will take it. 25-14 for our front-court is really good if you ask me. I don't care how he does it, if he does it every night, you and I will be happy as hell.

Posted by knicks1248:

Look there's no doubt in my mind that TT will become a force sometimes soon, it's very unfortunate it has been a slow slow process with him, but patience is the key word.

Nazy, like some one said earlier, his stats are still mis leading. Ask TMS who said last season ( when kt got off to the same splendid start his having this year) how invisible he was despit posting some good #s. Most of look at the sats after the game and see nazy's #s and are like WoW.... he had that many rebounds.

But the reality is a lot of mis tip-ins ( although some putbacks do fall for him) and offensive rebounds that normally don't account for bucket.

IMO you want to see Nazy get to the line at least 7 to 10 times a game, and maybe avg. 2 blocks a game, while changing at least 1/2 a dozen other shots. Thats when he would consider a major impact.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/26/2004  11:54 AM
seriously... diderotn... his name is Nazr. Not Naser. Its only 4 letters.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MaTT4281
USA
11/26/2004  11:58 AM
Posted by knicks1248:

Yes, the stats are misleading, but just watching the game, you have to admire the effort. His defense may not be where we want it to be, but it is getting somewhat better, and he also is atleast providing us with an option in the post.
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  12:07 PM
Hey Fish! why do you care so much about how I spelled that dude's name? Nazr, pronounce as Nazrrrr in Arabic.

quote]
Posted by fishmike:

[/quote]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/26/2004  12:10 PM
Posted by knicks1248:

Yeah but I think there's a point where you can wish for too much from a guy thta's just not his game while underappreciating what he does give. IMO there have been two big improvements from Nazr this year over last - consistency and avoidance of fouls. He's been giving his versions of good performances more often and he's been avoiding the early repeated fouls.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/26/2004  12:13 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Hey Fish! why do you care so much about how I spelled that dude's name? Nazr, pronounce as Nazrrrr in Arabic.

quote]
Posted by fishmike:

[/quote]

I gotta admit I'm getting a kick out of this routine - diderotn's got something against the word nazr and fish is having a "smeltdown" over it. It's turning into something like Ralph and Norton.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/26/2004  12:17 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by knicks1248:

Yeah but I think there's a point where you can wish for too much from a guy thta's just not his game while underappreciating what he does give.
Exactly
fishmike
USA
11/26/2004  12:26 PM
total smeltdown. I dont get it... I must understand this, I must. I could respond to all his posts by quoting "dudetron" but I think it would be lost.
simrud
Member: #474
USA
11/26/2004  12:35 PM
Don't worry bout it, its about Naser jailing it up with Timmy and bringing us a championship, thats all we all need to know.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
MaTT4281
USA
11/26/2004  12:36 PM
Posted by simrud:

Don't worry bout it, its about Naser jailing it up with Timmy and bringing us a championship, thats all we all need to know.

LOL
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  2:12 PM
Thank you my friend. make fun of my writing all you want, I can write the same things in about six languages. Can you do the same????? Besides, who's to say that there is a right or wrong way to spell something??
fishmike
USA
11/26/2004  2:16 PM
um... because its his name, so it has a correct spelling. You can spell mine Mick, but that would be wrong.

And I'm not making fun, I'm just trying to understand. Its not like Iguadala or however you spell Big Z's name. Its Nazr. N-A-Z-R. Is it a remembering thing, or a "I'm going to write it how I want and damn the system!" thing?
diderotn
USA
11/26/2004  2:23 PM
Again, thanks for teaching how to properly spell Nazr. In French, that name is spelled as Naser or Nazer or Nazaire. Forgive me.

Posted by fishmike:

um... because its his name, so it has a correct spelling. You can spell mine Mick, but that would be wrong.

And I'm not making fun, I'm just trying to understand. Its not like Iguadala or however you spell Big Z's name. Its Nazr. N-A-Z-R. Is it a remembering thing, or a "I'm going to write it how I want and damn the system!" thing?
fishmike
USA
11/26/2004  2:44 PM
even worse! You spell my name in french and I become a chick! I cant forgive you.. I'm going to let this resentment I have just stew and boil until I starting hitting things with my car. THEN I will forgive you. Until then stay off the sidewalks.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/26/2004  3:38 PM
i like nasur & i think isaiah was smart in trading for him.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Naser is balling.........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy