[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 3/14/24 10PM MSG] Knicks at Blazers
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2024  12:02 PM
GustavBahler wrote:I take joy in talking about hoops, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I dont care about Brunson padding his stats in a regular season game, with the playoffs on the horizon.

I cant take joy in saying whatever I want about other posters and never getting called on it. Guess you have to meet a certain criteria to do that.

Everyone can have an opinion, don't mean it's worthwhile or even meaningful and you have demonstrated that enough on this topic. We know this cause you get the same feedback on it every time you bring it up.

I'm tired of it quite frankly. I come here to enjoy Knicks discussion and this ain't it.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
3/15/2024  12:15 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2024  12:23 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I take joy in talking about hoops, the good, the bad, and the ugly. I dont care about Brunson padding his stats in a regular season game, with the playoffs on the horizon.

I cant take joy in saying whatever I want about other posters and never getting called on it. Guess you have to meet a certain criteria to do that.

Everyone can have an opinion, don't mean it's worthwhile or even meaningful and you have demonstrated that enough on this topic. We know this cause you get the same feedback on it every time you bring it up.

I'm tired of it quite frankly. I come here to enjoy Knicks discussion and this ain't it.

Tired of sticking up for the same posters with a blank check on this board? No one had to respond to my post. They could have stuck with posters they agree with.

No one got this upset with you trashing RJ for years, started a long thread about it. Its how you feel, not my place to tell you arent entitled to feel that way, and not to post about it. I can only respectfully disagree.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2024  12:23 PM

really? When? Has anyone HERE witnessed it? Surely not in the Thibs era... you may not BE phucking miserable but you POST like you are. Hope things perk up bud! Knicks are good this year. I would say enjoy it but....
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

3/15/2024  12:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2024  12:30 PM
fishmike wrote:

really? When? Has anyone HERE witnessed it? Surely not in the Thibs era... you may not BE phucking miserable but you POST like you are. Hope things perk up bud! Knicks are good this year. I would say enjoy it but....

I said today in another thread I like our chances against any team in the East if we're healthy. One of many positive statements lately, Im just not into Thibs like you are.

So put down the caffeine, the meth, crack, or whatever you're on. You can say whatver you want on the board fish. I cant. Of course you're happy.

martin
USA
3/15/2024  12:31 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Tired of sticking up for the same posters with a blank check on this board? No one had to respond to my post. They could have stuck with posters they agree with.

No one got this upset with you trashing RJ for years, started a long thread about it. Its how you feel, not my place to tell you arent entitled to feel that way, and not to post about it. I can only respectfully disagree.

GustavBahler, I am responding directly to you and no one else. It's on you to figure that out. I am tired of your level of interaction.

GustavBahler

3/15/2024  12:37 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

GustavBahler, I am responding directly to you and no one else. It's on you to figure that out. I am tired of your level of interaction.

You deny that some posters here have a blank check to say whatever they want? At least own it Martin.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/15/2024  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/15/2024  12:41 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Not sure what it says about the roster that Thibs has to keep playing Brunson till the end with double digit leads.

Or what it says about Thibs. Josh Hart was half right when he joked that Thibs is "working through some past trauma". It borders on coaching scared.

says same thing about every NBA roster... if you think 12-15 points is somehow a safe lead you not gonna coach in this league very long

Minutes police have chimed in Jalen's 38 were too many! Bad Thibs... no cookies today

whoo whooo whooo whooooo pullllll over!

Only coach in the league who has a rep for doing this, to the point where players are joking about it to the media. If Thibs cant trust his players to close a game wihout Brunson, then its on him, not the roster. At least give them a chance once in a while to see how they do.

Again no one else in the league coaches like this. Spoelstra and Pops are the two best coaches in the NBA, they've won many chips from taking the opposite approach. They run if not sprint from that dated philosophy. Cant teach players to close, if you dont give them the chance.

Are you suggesting that Pops and Spo voluntarily bench their stars down the stretch to let other guys try to win games? I'll take things that never happened for $500, Alex...

Knicks won by 12 points last night, nobody really empties the bench ever in a game under 15 points. Doesn't happen and you'll never see it. And there's pretty much zero benefit to pulling a player out for 90 seconds in a game like that.

Those coaches let their benches hold smaller leads. Brunson has been left in with leads closer to 20pts than 10. Thats what Im saying.

Other coaches try to make sure their players have something left for the playoffs. Thibs has a rep for this. The media, analysts, former players, didnt just decide to randomly pick on Thibs. Too defensive.

I don't disagree that Thibs leaves his guys in with 20 point leads more than most coaches do for the final 2-3 minutes. I disagree that last night was an example of that. And I also disagree that it's a problem worthy of the amount of attention it gets. And I agree with nycerican that in totality, his minutes distro is just fine over the course of a season so the narrative that he runs his players into the ground doesn't really jive with reality. Until this season Knicks were probably the healthiest team in the league for 2-3 seasons straight. Other coaches might pull guys with a 20 point lead but still play them more mpg and they probably get hurt more than Thibs' players does so who cares?

martin
USA
3/15/2024  12:43 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

You deny that some posters here have a blank check to say whatever they want? At least own it Martin.

If you'd like to participate in Knicks discussion, have at it. I don't find your back and forth worthwhile.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/15/2024  12:48 PM
DLeethal wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Not sure what it says about the roster that Thibs has to keep playing Brunson till the end with double digit leads.

Or what it says about Thibs. Josh Hart was half right when he joked that Thibs is "working through some past trauma". It borders on coaching scared.

says same thing about every NBA roster... if you think 12-15 points is somehow a safe lead you not gonna coach in this league very long

Minutes police have chimed in Jalen's 38 were too many! Bad Thibs... no cookies today

whoo whooo whooo whooooo pullllll over!

Only coach in the league who has a rep for doing this, to the point where players are joking about it to the media. If Thibs cant trust his players to close a game wihout Brunson, then its on him, not the roster. At least give them a chance once in a while to see how they do.

Again no one else in the league coaches like this. Spoelstra and Pops are the two best coaches in the NBA, they've won many chips from taking the opposite approach. They run if not sprint from that dated philosophy. Cant teach players to close, if you dont give them the chance.

Are you suggesting that Pops and Spo voluntarily bench their stars down the stretch to let other guys try to win games? I'll take things that never happened for $500, Alex...

Knicks won by 12 points last night, nobody really empties the bench ever in a game under 15 points. Doesn't happen and you'll never see it. And there's pretty much zero benefit to pulling a player out for 90 seconds in a game like that.

Those coaches let their benches hold smaller leads. Brunson has been left in with leads closer to 20pts than 10. Thats what Im saying.

Other coaches try to make sure their players have something left for the playoffs. Thibs has a rep for this. The media, analysts, former players, didnt just decide to randomly pick on Thibs. Too defensive.

I don't disagree that Thibs leaves his guys in with 20 point leads more than most coaches do for the final 2-3 minutes. I disagree that last night was an example of that. And I also disagree that it's a problem worthy of the amount of attention it gets. And I agree with nycerican that in totality, his minutes distro is just fine over the course of a season so the narrative that he runs his players into the ground doesn't really jive with reality. Until this season Knicks were probably the healthiest team in the league for 2-3 seasons straight. Other coaches might pull guys with a 20 point lead but still play them more mpg and they probably get hurt more than Thibs' players does so who cares?

ooh oohh! pick me! I know this one!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler

3/15/2024  12:54 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

If you'd like to participate in Knicks discussion, have at it. I don't find your back and forth worthwhile.

Go back and read the thread, who tried to keep it civil?

I read things about the Knicks I strongly disagree with all the time on this board. I try to keep it to hoops, instead of trying to put posters I disagree with "on the couch".

Again, no one was compelled to respond

martin
USA
3/15/2024  12:55 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

I read things about the Knicks I strongly disagree with all the time on this board. I try to keep it to hoops, instead of trying to put posters I disagree with "on the couch".

Let's take this offline.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/15/2024  12:58 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I said today in another thread I like our chances against any team in the East if we're healthy. One of many positive statements lately, Im just not into Thibs like you are.

So put down the caffeine, the meth, crack, or whatever you're on. You can say whatver you want on the board fish. I cant. Of course you're happy.

Prohibited Speech

"Fire Thibs"
"Trade Randle"
"Josh 'TittyMilk' Hart"
"DDV isn't better than Klay Thompson at his prime"
"Get in the truck"
"Brunson totally flopped there"
"Vaseline tastes like hospital flavored jelly"

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
3/15/2024  1:11 PM
Message sent

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/15/2024  1:20 PM
martin wrote:Message sent

I hope we give Shake a shot. I really think he can help.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/15/2024  1:37 PM
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Let's take this offline.

"offline" is "The WoodShed!"

Gustav, You don't see it. Its pretty apparent your hyper sensitive.
But lets be clear, Martin and I did not agree on the subject of RJ. What your missing is the importance being right or "Told you so".
I get rope because I don't make **** up, state my opinion as such, not as fact, and its ok to be wrong.
Not everything is a debate with a winner or loser.

some of us do send Martin Money, coupons for free french Fries, Free Frosty's at Wendy's and edible fruit arrangements for easter.
You'd be surprised how agreeable one can be with a good piece of pineapple and Chocolate dipped strawberries!!!!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

3/15/2024  4:14 PM
LivingLegend wrote:As a wise woman once said - PUT BURKS IN THE TRUNK!!!

That's pretty dark 🤣 you know Thibs can simply cut his minutes?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/15/2024  4:51 PM
A quick glance tells me that last night Brunson played 38 minutes. Kyrie, SGA, Maxey, Dame, Giannis, all played 38 or 37 minutes - there were others as well.

Goddamn Thibs.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/15/2024  4:53 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
martin wrote:

Let's take this offline.

"offline" is "The WoodShed!"

Gustav, You don't see it. Its pretty apparent your hyper sensitive.
But lets be clear, Martin and I did not agree on the subject of RJ. What your missing is the importance being right or "Told you so".
I get rope because I don't make **** up, state my opinion as such, not as fact, and its ok to be wrong.
Not everything is a debate with a winner or loser.

some of us do send Martin Money, coupons for free french Fries, Free Frosty's at Wendy's and edible fruit arrangements for easter.
You'd be surprised how agreeable one can be with a good piece of pineapple and Chocolate dipped strawberries!!!!

I’m going help him move.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/15/2024  7:38 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:Message sent

I hope we give Shake a shot. I really think he can help.

I don't

[GT 3/14/24 10PM MSG] Knicks at Blazers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy