Thibs Circle of Trust
Author Thread
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

3/21/2024  3:58 AM
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:its wild to me any fans who follow this team have not been won over by Thibs and what he's done here.

I love this comment on Kerr and the Warriors on McBride

"They just weren't ready for that kind of impact and that kind of aggressiveness with his shot taking... he was HUNTING"
the audacity of that precocious neophyte!

Somehow we have a balanced roster and loads of future picks to ensure we can continue to get better, although the internal improvement has been the most promising

Only negative is that our draft picks get worse day by day (as team gets better)!

will be another interesting off season. I suspect we run it back (unless we lose IHart) and punt those first rounders again.

Rokus make an appearance? Squad could use a playmaking ball handler.

Depends if they see useful value in this draft. They can punt or draft a Center and a guard and or a wing. They likely won't play next season but emerge their sophomore seasons.

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/21/2024  7:14 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:its wild to me any fans who follow this team have not been won over by Thibs and what he's done here.

"They just weren't ready for that kind of impact and that kind of aggressiveness with his shot taking... he was HUNTING"

Somehow we have a balanced roster and loads of future picks to ensure we can continue to get better, although the internal improvement has been the most promising

Only negative is that our draft picks get worse day by day (as team gets better)!
Would like the Mavs to lose a few more games!

Yes, but not so many they get tempted to tank again!

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/21/2024  8:14 AM
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:

will be another interesting off season. I suspect we run it back (unless we lose IHart) and punt those first rounders again.

Got to keep an eye on the Paul George situation out in LAC.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2024  8:43 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:

Rumors of a team in the east is likely Phila who has cap space.
I’d think we resign OG unless he opts out and walks,
I wonder if he opts in is there more money for him in future from us and gives us space to improve?

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/21/2024  9:55 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:

Depends if they see useful value in this draft. They can punt or draft a Center and a guard and or a wing. They likely won't play next season but emerge their sophomore seasons.

It's a perfect set up to use their picks this year. They need to replenish the youth a little bit, get some under control rookie contracts on the books, and they could use a young ball handler and a young forward. Burks won't be back and need OG insurance as he is oft-injured. Perfect use-case for two mid firsts.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/21/2024  10:22 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:Speaking of Thibs and trusted players, how did Grimes go from being a prized pupil to being traded ? Had to be more then his shooting numbers dropping.

General confidence. And the game seems to have not slowed down for him yet.

When hesitation combines with lack of know-how and experience, this is what you get.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
3/21/2024  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2024  10:33 AM
Nalod wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Panos wrote:

Rumors of a team in the east is likely Phila who has cap space.
I’d think we resign OG unless he opts out and walks,
I wonder if he opts in is there more money for him in future from us and gives us space to improve?

We have 2 first round draft picks and are a contending team. S&T is very possible.

Offer would be Bojan & Mitch for cap purposes. Doesn't effect resigning OG.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/21/2024  12:56 PM
PG13 makes 45MM now. Has a player option for 48mm for next season. He can extend after that. He is 33 now.
Bojan and Mitch are under 35mm. S&T's are really not a thing anymore.
Reality is he walks for a longer deal, or opts in and is traded with handshake to extend?

This guy is from LA. Wanted to be in LA. Is in LA. Can he not get paid in LA?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/21/2024  1:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/21/2024  1:51 PM
Nalod wrote:PG13 makes 45MM now. Has a player option for 48mm for next season. He can extend after that. He is 33 now.
Bojan and Mitch are under 35mm. S&T's are really not a thing anymore.
Reality is he walks for a longer deal, or opts in and is traded with handshake to extend?

This guy is from LA. Wanted to be in LA. Is in LA. Can he not get paid in LA?

I'd say the man has been paid!
And as far as playing for a contender, i think he's doing that now.
I honestly don't know how teams are even managing to pay one player (not to mention 2 or 3) 40+ million and filling the rest of their roster. I think to spend $45M+ on a player, that player really needs to be a top 5 player in the league. Someone that can really carry you to the finals on his back. Otherwise, you're stuck in limbo.
I feel so lucky that Rose has managed to have such quality players at good salaries, keeping the roster flexible for more moves down the road. I wonder how much of it is that they have bought into the dream that we're building a championship team here, and willing to play ball, or if there is something else going on.

Thibs Circle of Trust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy