Thibs Circle of Trust
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2024  4:10 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Burks can play himself back into the circle.

I believe once OG and Randle are back, burks is sitting on that bumble waiting for another injury to pop, in order to get more mins.

Agreed

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/12/2024  5:09 PM
blkexec wrote:
Nalod wrote:Burks can play himself back into the circle.

I believe once OG and Randle are back, burks is sitting on that bumble waiting for another injury to pop, in order to get more mins.

You’re probably right. Deuce has definitely surpassed him.

Knixkik
USA
3/12/2024  5:10 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Thibs circle of trust is as well-defined as any in the league. You can see even with the injuries guys like Donte, Achiuwa and Deuce are his guys. Bogy and Burks 2.0 are not. Bogdanovic will get opportunities even with a healthy rotation but they will be limited to short bursts hoping for a quick offensive spark. His role is probably a less harmful Fournier which keeps him in spot minutes. Burks just doesn’t seem to have it anymore and deuce just keeps getting better and more confident. OG will be back and Achiuwa has given thibs a great utility guy. That has become the perfect thibs trade. Honestly though, if the team is fully healthy, thibs may hope that a bench rotation of Hartenstein or Mitch at center, Achiuwa in the non-Randle minutes, OG, hart and Deuce can completely prevent teams from scoring so the lack of offense is no concern while Brunson and Randle sit. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. That group was just so good in January, even with the scoring concerns off the bench, I think it was sustainable. We will see. One thing for sure though is thibs has his guys and will stick with them.

The circle of trust is pretty big now that I re-read what you started with.

Quite frankly, I'd be AOK as a fan rolling with the guys that are on the roster for another full year and wait on Donovan or Mikal to shake loose.

Is Isaiah Collier someone you trade up for and let him simmer in the Deuce role for a year or 2?

I’m with you. And as for the draft I think Collier or someone like McCain from Duke would be great in that Deuce role as a developmental guard.

Knixkik
USA
3/15/2024  7:27 AM
With OG back, the circle of trust continues to divide between Deuce/ Achiuwa and the Detroit boys. Deuce has become a legit 2-way player and his defense (and lack of production from Burks) is suddenly making thibs comfortable playing him alongside Brunson for some stretches. In a perfect world Deuce is seeing the 14 or so non-Brunson minutes and the Knicks stay afloat with elite defense, but he’s showing some offense off the dribble and is definitely getting better on offense. Once Randle comes back, we are going to see Hart take the big minutes off the bench, along with Achiuwa at backup center, and Deuce as backup PG. It will be interesting at that point if we see real Bogdanovic minutes, or if Thibs continues to give Deuce some minutes alongside Brunson. Either way, I think Burks days are already numbered, definitely in the rotation, and Bogy isn’t far behind if he can’t start finding his offense. One underrated factor is Bogy has never played in a big market and I think teams play harder against the Knicks than they did against Detroit. Teams coasted against Detroit and it allowed both he and Burks to find their offense without much pressure. That defensive pressure is much more present on the Knicks. Opponents typically don’t take nights off against us. Nice development stories for the year with deuce and Achiuwa though. Them developing into more reliable rotation players than guys like Burks and bogy can be seen as a win in a lot of ways. Knicks were smart to lock up Deuce, and they have Achiuwas free agent rights so they should match.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/15/2024  9:35 AM
Knixkik wrote:With OG back, the circle of trust continues to divide between Deuce/ Achiuwa and the Detroit boys. Deuce has become a legit 2-way player and his defense (and lack of production from Burks) is suddenly making thibs comfortable playing him alongside Brunson for some stretches. In a perfect world Deuce is seeing the 14 or so non-Brunson minutes and the Knicks stay afloat with elite defense, but he’s showing some offense off the dribble and is definitely getting better on offense. Once Randle comes back, we are going to see Hart take the big minutes off the bench, along with Achiuwa at backup center, and Deuce as backup PG. It will be interesting at that point if we see real Bogdanovic minutes, or if Thibs continues to give Deuce some minutes alongside Brunson. Either way, I think Burks days are already numbered, definitely in the rotation, and Bogy isn’t far behind if he can’t start finding his offense. One underrated factor is Bogy has never played in a big market and I think teams play harder against the Knicks than they did against Detroit. Teams coasted against Detroit and it allowed both he and Burks to find their offense without much pressure. That defensive pressure is much more present on the Knicks. Opponents typically don’t take nights off against us. Nice development stories for the year with deuce and Achiuwa though. Them developing into more reliable rotation players than guys like Burks and bogy can be seen as a win in a lot of ways. Knicks were smart to lock up Deuce, and they have Achiuwas free agent rights so they should match.

My theory is close, I believe that Burks and Bogs werent expected to play D in Detroit, not like in NY anyway. Doesnt leave them enough for offense.

Bogs unfortunately jacked up a few shots like he was playing for MDA. Bogs still moves well. Not rushing his shots would help.

You guys were right about Burks looking washed. I think Bogs could help us contend when he gets his stroke back. But Burks does look spent. Doesnt look like he can handle the physicality of the game anymore.

Im still a strong believer that we need more playmaking from someone in the second unit. I like Deuce. I like his leveling up on offense. But he plays more like an SG than a PG. We need Deuce to play more like a PG IMO. Ive seen him do it earlier in the season.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2024  1:05 PM
Definitely this guy is in the circle

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
3/15/2024  8:16 PM
martin wrote:Definitely this guy is in the circle

The fact that he’s playing alongside Brunson. He’s an elite on and off ball defender. And he’s shooting the three ball well. He’s replaced a good chunk of what we lost with Quickley. Not all of it, but he’s getting there.

martin
USA
3/16/2024  10:54 AM
Knixkik wrote:

The fact that he’s playing alongside Brunson. He’s an elite on and off ball defender. And he’s shooting the three ball well. He’s replaced a good chunk of what we lost with Quickley. Not all of it, but he’s getting there.

And on a contract that starts around $5m next year AND DECLINES!

who does that LOL the $5m contract declines

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/16/2024  11:33 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

And on a contract that starts around $5m next year AND DECLINES!

who does that LOL the $5m contract declines

Alluding to other threads - Grimes at 18 millionish (that is the scuttlebutt) or Deuce at 5? There's always more to it, at least with this FO.

Nalod
USA
3/16/2024  3:15 PM
Pehraps Grimes can waltzing in with the hype at his back that he'd be "break out player in the east" and he gonna make bank and it got to his head then its been a crushing blow to his ego. I hope that is not the case.
But lets be fair, his trajectory was looking damn good!!!
If you make that kind of proclamation you have to back it up. He wilted under it and DDV breathing down his neck. Gives Thibs credit, he gave him a fair chance.

I don't care about his complaining or what he wanted to be paid. I care only about his play on the court. Sorry it did not work out.

martin
USA
3/20/2024  12:01 PM
I still think Bogs will contribute in a key way during playoffs. And then your 12th guy is Burks.

Holy Moly this is such a stout, Thib'esque roster.

And the Knicks still haven't made an all-in trade which is mind boggling to me. Knicks have like the 3rd best stash of picks coming up over the next 3+ years?

martin
USA
3/20/2024  12:29 PM
Niiiiiiiccceee. Both videos

Knixkik
USA
3/20/2024  2:34 PM
martin wrote:I still think Bogs will contribute in a key way during playoffs. And then your 12th guy is Burks.

And the Knicks still haven't made an all-in trade which is mind boggling to me. Knicks have like the 3rd best stash of picks coming up over the next 3+ years?

It’s so cool to look at the visual of the roster. I see the potential. Just want to see them all together and having some chemistry. But the cool thing is it’s not a make or break year. With the picks and flexibility we can fine tune the roster and keep making runs.

martin
USA
3/20/2024  3:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:I still think Bogs will contribute in a key way during playoffs. And then your 12th guy is Burks.

It’s so cool to look at the visual of the roster. I see the potential. Just want to see them all together and having some chemistry. But the cool thing is it’s not a make or break year. With the picks and flexibility we can fine tune the roster and keep making runs.

Gotta get healthy. We may not see the full potential this year and that SUCKS

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2024  3:17 PM
its wild to me any fans who follow this team have not been won over by Thibs and what he's done here.

I love this comment on Kerr and the Warriors on McBride

"They just weren't ready for that kind of impact and that kind of aggressiveness with his shot taking... he was HUNTING"
the audacity of that precocious neophyte!

Somehow we have a balanced roster and loads of future picks to ensure we can continue to get better, although the internal improvement has been the most promising

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/20/2024  3:30 PM
fishmike wrote:its wild to me any fans who follow this team have not been won over by Thibs and what he's done here.

"They just weren't ready for that kind of impact and that kind of aggressiveness with his shot taking... he was HUNTING"

Somehow we have a balanced roster and loads of future picks to ensure we can continue to get better, although the internal improvement has been the most promising

Only negative is that our draft picks get worse day by day (as team gets better)!

martin
USA
3/20/2024  3:47 PM
Panos wrote:
fishmike wrote:its wild to me any fans who follow this team have not been won over by Thibs and what he's done here.

Only negative is that our draft picks get worse day by day (as team gets better)!

Would like the Mavs to lose a few more games!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/20/2024  4:39 PM
Panos wrote:

will be another interesting off season. I suspect we run it back (unless we lose IHart) and punt those first rounders again.

Rokus make an appearance? Squad could use a playmaking ball handler.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
USA
3/20/2024  10:42 PM

So incredible the changes on this roster and rotation since MitchRob played 47 games and counting!
Emergence of iHart, OG and Precious for IQ and RJ. Then Grimes got traded. If off the bench, He'll be playing with nearly a new line up.Decue, Precious, Bogs and Burks.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

3/21/2024  3:55 AM
Speaking of Thibs and trusted players, how did Grimes go from being a prized pupil to being traded ? Had to be more then his shooting numbers dropping.
Thibs Circle of Trust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy