[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Thibs Circle of Trust
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
3/9/2024  8:49 AM
Thibs circle of trust is as well-defined as any in the league. You can see even with the injuries guys like Donte, Achiuwa and Deuce are his guys. Bogy and Burks 2.0 are not. Bogdanovic will get opportunities even with a healthy rotation but they will be limited to short bursts hoping for a quick offensive spark. His role is probably a less harmful Fournier which keeps him in spot minutes. Burks just doesn’t seem to have it anymore and deuce just keeps getting better and more confident. OG will be back and Achiuwa has given thibs a great utility guy. That has become the perfect thibs trade. Honestly though, if the team is fully healthy, thibs may hope that a bench rotation of Hartenstein or Mitch at center, Achiuwa in the non-Randle minutes, OG, hart and Deuce can completely prevent teams from scoring so the lack of offense is no concern while Brunson and Randle sit. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. That group was just so good in January, even with the scoring concerns off the bench, I think it was sustainable. We will see. One thing for sure though is thibs has his guys and will stick with them.
AUTOADVERT
Ira
Member: #91
3/9/2024  8:54 AM
Achiuwa has been a pleasant surprise to me. I know his game has certain limitations on offense, but he plays well within those limitations and always plays hard...........
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/9/2024  8:56 AM
Hard to say definitively with all the injuries, but perhaps a major positive coming out of the Bogs/Burks trade is it created room for Deuce to thrive. Similarly the “Precious Trade” at least briefly seemed to bring out the best in Julius as well as the added D of OG and now Precious. Chemistry. Certainly part of that may have to do with “Thibs guys” in his system. For better or worse but I would say better.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/9/2024  9:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/9/2024  9:26 AM
I see Bogs role increasing. He's looking more confident. Not a stellar defender, but he's moving well. Burks looks like he's on his way out of Thibs "circle of trust". Milton will probably get a chance to take Burks's spot before the playoffs.

Burks finds seams in the D when everyone is paying attention to the "big guns". When we get everyone back. I expect Burks to play better when the D isnt so keyed-in on him.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

3/9/2024  9:58 AM
Precious has become an adopted Nova boy. You can see Brunson and crew like and respect him.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/9/2024  10:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:I see Bogs role increasing. He's looking more confident. Not a stellar defender, but he's moving well. Burks looks like he's on his way out of Thibs "circle of trust". Milton will probably get a chance to take Burks's spot before the playoffs.

Burks finds seams in the D when everyone is paying attention to the "big guns". When we get everyone back. I expect Burks to play better when the D isnt so keyed-in on him.

There is not room for Bogs/Precious/Mitch though. They all can't play. Bogs will hang around until Mitch is back. Then it becomes Precious vs Bogs.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/9/2024  10:30 AM
Knixkik wrote:Thibs circle of trust is as well-defined as any in the league. You can see even with the injuries guys like Donte, Achiuwa and Deuce are his guys. Bogy and Burks 2.0 are not. Bogdanovic will get opportunities even with a healthy rotation but they will be limited to short bursts hoping for a quick offensive spark. His role is probably a less harmful Fournier which keeps him in spot minutes. Burks just doesn’t seem to have it anymore and deuce just keeps getting better and more confident. OG will be back and Achiuwa has given thibs a great utility guy. That has become the perfect thibs trade. Honestly though, if the team is fully healthy, thibs may hope that a bench rotation of Hartenstein or Mitch at center, Achiuwa in the non-Randle minutes, OG, hart and Deuce can completely prevent teams from scoring so the lack of offense is no concern while Brunson and Randle sit. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. That group was just so good in January, even with the scoring concerns off the bench, I think it was sustainable. We will see. One thing for sure though is thibs has his guys and will stick with them.

Thibs just likes aggressive bulls. You are either a bull on one end or a bull on the other or a bull on both. But finesse scorers have a short leash if they aren't a bull. You can tell he feels he needs to always be able to fall back on his defense, that's baked into his philosophy. Play some defense and the offense will come in open court, it's why he sticks with the current starting lineup even when the O turns dreadful sometimes. You can see what happens when they start getting stops.

If you gave Thibs a team that could get stops but couldn't score, or a team that could score but can't get stops, he would take the former every time. And it makes sense because defensive stops will give you easy opportunities on the other end eventually.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/9/2024  11:32 AM
DLeethal wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:I see Bogs role increasing. He's looking more confident. Not a stellar defender, but he's moving well. Burks looks like he's on his way out of Thibs "circle of trust". Milton will probably get a chance to take Burks's spot before the playoffs.

There is not room for Bogs/Precious/Mitch though. They all can't play. Bogs will hang around until Mitch is back. Then it becomes Precious vs Bogs.

There is room for Bogs if he takes Burks spot. Up until recently, Burks was the first to sub in, for DDV. I wouldnt mind seeing what Brunson/Bogs can do as a backcourt, until JB subs out for Deuce. He's the size of a big 2. So-so defense would be superceded by Bogs instant offense ability.

We havent seen Milton yet, but Im guessing Bogs would be a bigger scoring threat than any of our reserves in the backcourt.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2024  11:53 AM

In a perfect world Bogs and Burks sit. Why? We at full strength and kicking ass!
I take it Bogs can play both PF and SF, even SG. How minutes depends on many factors.
I think new team and intensity required on Defense takes time for players to get into the “Circle of Trust”.

Great game last night. The sum of the parts is greater than the individual.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
3/11/2024  9:19 PM
Nalod wrote:
In a perfect world Bogs and Burks sit. Why? We at full strength and kicking ass!
I take it Bogs can play both PF and SF, even SG. How minutes depends on many factors.
I think new team and intensity required on Defense takes time for players to get into the “Circle of Trust”.

Bogs will get torched on D if at SG. Maybe even SF. He gets any slower, he's going to look like Gallinari out there.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
3/11/2024  10:31 PM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Bogs will get torched on D if at SG. Maybe even SF. He gets any slower, he's going to look like Gallinari out there.

He’s a combo forward but I’d say his best position has to be backup 4 at this point. It’s insane because the conversation a lot of the year was not having a backup PF to Randle. Now we have Achiuwa as a true backup 4, bogdanovic who’s best at the 4, and OG who plays mostly backup 4 when he’s healthy and with the second unit.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/11/2024  11:05 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He’s a combo forward but I’d say his best position has to be backup 4 at this point. It’s insane because the conversation a lot of the year was not having a backup PF to Randle. Now we have Achiuwa as a true backup 4, bogdanovic who’s best at the 4, and OG who plays mostly backup 4 when he’s healthy and with the second unit.

Team is better balanced these days. Just need to get healthy.

Guards: Brunson, Deuce, DDV, Burks.
Wings: Hart, OG, Bogs
PFs: Randle, Precious
Centers: iHart, Mitch, Jericho

It’s pretty solid if not almost elite, at full health. Definitely need to upgrade bench PG skill.

Room to grow, room to upgrade. 2 first round picks #19, #21 right now and #39. Rokas.

For me, sneaky long term potential is with iHart, both in terms of health and skill. If he shines, the whole team projection is sky high. I can’t imagine the team with him at full health and what he can bring defensively and offensively.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

3/12/2024  9:01 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Team is better balanced these days. Just need to get healthy.

Guards: Brunson, Deuce, DDV, Burks.
Wings: Hart, OG, Bogs
PFs: Randle, Precious
Centers: iHart, Mitch, Jericho

It’s pretty solid if not almost elite, at full health. Definitely need to upgrade bench PG skill.

Room to grow, room to upgrade. 2 first round picks #19, #21 right now and #39. Rokas.

For me, sneaky long term potential is with iHart, both in terms of health and skill. If he shines, the whole team projection is sky high. I can’t imagine the team with him at full health and what he can bring defensively and offensively.

Yup yup yup. The longer term injuries involved an all star, a guy who was our game changer, and someone who was spoken of as a defensive player of the year candidate. It’s frustrating but It happens. The good maybe great news is that it facilitated the emergence of IHart and Precious. Get the wounded back and it could be exciting - but we’re Knicks fans you know so….

Also agree with all those saying a backup playmaker is what backup power forward was for us previously. Those picks, Rokas, the ingenuity of the FO make it feel like good times. Anyone remember 5 years ago?

martin
USA
3/12/2024  11:37 AM
Feel like both Burks and Bogs will have at least 1 playoff game where their (potential limited) playing time will be justified.

Burks looks like he is long term useless but he'll have a game or quarter and that'll be enough for me. Don't know about next year unless he is 14th man material on vet contract.

martin
USA
3/12/2024  11:51 AM
Knixkik wrote:Thibs circle of trust is as well-defined as any in the league. You can see even with the injuries guys like Donte, Achiuwa and Deuce are his guys. Bogy and Burks 2.0 are not. Bogdanovic will get opportunities even with a healthy rotation but they will be limited to short bursts hoping for a quick offensive spark. His role is probably a less harmful Fournier which keeps him in spot minutes. Burks just doesn’t seem to have it anymore and deuce just keeps getting better and more confident. OG will be back and Achiuwa has given thibs a great utility guy. That has become the perfect thibs trade. Honestly though, if the team is fully healthy, thibs may hope that a bench rotation of Hartenstein or Mitch at center, Achiuwa in the non-Randle minutes, OG, hart and Deuce can completely prevent teams from scoring so the lack of offense is no concern while Brunson and Randle sit. It wouldn’t surprise me one bit. That group was just so good in January, even with the scoring concerns off the bench, I think it was sustainable. We will see. One thing for sure though is thibs has his guys and will stick with them.

The circle of trust is pretty big now that I re-read what you started with.

Quite frankly, I'd be AOK as a fan rolling with the guys that are on the roster for another full year and wait on Donovan or Mikal to shake loose.

Is Isaiah Collier someone you trade up for and let him simmer in the Deuce role for a year or 2?

martin
USA
3/12/2024  12:01 PM
And his circle better like the reps

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/12/2024  1:55 PM
Burks can play himself back into the circle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/12/2024  2:01 PM
DLeethal wrote:

Lol. It is hilarious that I cannot tell you which has put up more airballs since getting here. If its my choice, its Precious. Bogs can have EF's seat on the bench.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
3/12/2024  2:03 PM
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I mean. I think you simply can say he will get torched on D. Somedays he will be on fire offensively and make up for that. Most of the time, he will be break even or worse. Not happy with this trade in retrospect.

This is the Randle.
blkexec
Member: #748
3/12/2024  3:46 PM
Nalod wrote:Burks can play himself back into the circle.

I believe once OG and Randle are back, burks is sitting on that bumble waiting for another injury to pop, in order to get more mins.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Thibs Circle of Trust

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy