[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

First Round Matchups
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

3/7/2024  10:50 AM
If you assume the winner of 1-8 series will be Celtics.

They get the winner of the 4-5 series in 2nd round - so the brackets are (1-8 and 4-5) on one side and (2-7 and 3-6) on the other side.

If Knicks were to end in 6th that could result in 1st round vs Cavs (3) and you avoid Boston until East Conf. finals.

Way too early for all this but you could make argument that depending on match-up possibilities Knicks better at 6 vs maybe 4 or 5.

Right now I just want to avoid 7 or 8.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

3/7/2024  11:14 AM
LivingLegend wrote:If you assume the winner of 1-8 series will be Celtics.

They get the winner of the 4-5 series in 2nd round - so the brackets are (1-8 and 4-5) on one side and (2-7 and 3-6) on the other side.

If Knicks were to end in 6th that could result in 1st round vs Cavs (3) and you avoid Boston until East Conf. finals.

Way too early for all this but you could make argument that depending on match-up possibilities Knicks better at 6 vs maybe 4 or 5.

Right now I just want to avoid 7 or 8.

I feel like trying to avoid anyone in round 2 is too premature. Let's just handle the first round series and let the chips fall.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/7/2024  5:28 PM
My dream matchup is Washington.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/7/2024  6:19 PM
ToddTT wrote:My dream matchup is Washington.

We still talking cheerleaders or?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
3/7/2024  7:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/7/2024  7:40 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:My dream matchup is Washington.

We still talking cheerleaders or?

Sure, that works.

martin
USA
3/9/2024  11:17 AM
martin wrote:
VDesai wrote:I don't want to touch the Magic or the Pacers in round 1. We seem to have an issue with these teams. Obviously you don't want the Celtics either. Ideally you avoid the Bucks.

That Sixers/Heat/Cavs are left in that group. Sixers without Embiid are a team you need to beat. The Heat are maybe the toughest out in the league, but I want revenge. The Cavs - probably want revenge on us, but for whatever reason we are in their heads and we match up well with them. Their bigs seem to dominate everyone other than us.

For whatever reason, Orlando gives me the biggest scare

I retract

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/9/2024  2:45 PM
martin wrote:
martin wrote:
VDesai wrote:I don't want to touch the Magic or the Pacers in round 1. We seem to have an issue with these teams. Obviously you don't want the Celtics either. Ideally you avoid the Bucks.

That Sixers/Heat/Cavs are left in that group. Sixers without Embiid are a team you need to beat. The Heat are maybe the toughest out in the league, but I want revenge. The Cavs - probably want revenge on us, but for whatever reason we are in their heads and we match up well with them. Their bigs seem to dominate everyone other than us.

I retract

They beat us 3 times - but now the thing everyone is gonna remember is the night we held them to 74. That was first time in the last 3 years we weren't dominated by some Wagner or the other. Finally broke the ****ing Ring cycle.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2024  6:26 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:
martin wrote:

I retract

They beat us 3 times - but now the thing everyone is gonna remember is the night we held them to 74. That was first time in the last 3 years we weren't dominated by some Wagner or the other. Finally broke the ****ing Ring cycle.

We best Clev. Thus: “WE will never lose to them”………

All I know is whom ever we play I respect enough as they earned the seeding or beat another to advance. When the final whistle blows and we win then I’ll talk **** and celebrate!

We rarely “lose games’. Thibs got a hard playing prideful team. But we get beat. A prideful team plays hard, plays big minutes and mostly leaves it all on the court. If defeated by a better team or one that played harder I’d hope they take solice they did the best they could. Not whine like little bitches they was done wrong or took an opponent for granted.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2024  12:41 PM
Miami is 7 and Phili is 8 right now. IDK what the Embiid timeline is but it's looking very possible that Boston could get either Miami or Phili with a just added Embiid
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
3/18/2024  12:43 PM
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2024  4:44 PM
destiny!

playoffs gonna be wild this year.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/18/2024  6:02 PM
martin wrote:

so you're saying there's a chance...

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

3/19/2024  9:35 AM
The Pacers might be the easiest match-up in the first round. They are now 27th in 3-pointers made since the all-star break. Haliburton is in a terrible slump and they look nothing like the group that was more than the sum of its parts on offense earlier this season. The defense went from from bad to mid but the offense also went from great to mid at best.
DLeethal

3/19/2024  9:50 AM
Knicks-Magic starting to get some separation at the 4-5 spots. CLE has fallen off a bit and is catchable. 6-7-8 seeds are all struggling and going in the wrong direction as the Knicks and Magic are hot. I'd be thrilled with Knicks - Magic whether we have HCA or not. Would also like to see MIA match up with BOS in round 1 because - ya never know with those guys.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/19/2024  10:40 AM
Indiana dropping a game to Cle who was without Mitchell and Mobley is ridic. Would have been great to make up that game last night.

Cleveland has been really impressive given so much of their core 4 has been out at different times this year.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  10:54 AM
VDesai wrote:Indiana dropping a game to Cle who was without Mitchell and Mobley is ridic. Would have been great to make up that game last night.

Cleveland has been really impressive given so much of their core 4 has been out at different times this year.

Yep, similar to us, just a little bit a head. But tons of injuries and record is ballooned by a big streak over the course of 20 games or so that put them 15 games over .500.

Nalod
USA
3/19/2024  11:26 AM
DLeethal wrote:
VDesai wrote:Indiana dropping a game to Cle who was without Mitchell and Mobley is ridic. Would have been great to make up that game last night.

Yep, similar to us, just a little bit a head. But tons of injuries and record is ballooned by a big streak over the course of 20 games or so that put them 15 games over .500.

Cavs improbable as are we to the NBA world!
I think we all a bit asleep on how good Jarret Allen is except when he is being groped by MitchRob.
Orlando is right on our heels.
Im enjoying the ride. My hope is Randle can return to some form but I have little confidence it will hold up.
Curious how this all plays out and when he is ready. Same for Mitch.
As for OG, seems he had a moment and perhaps inflamed a tendon? Knicks usually don't say **** but did offer the MRI was clean. Good sign.
Given our road trip success I suspect we mail it in vs Denver and not over play our guys. Game is not until Thursday.
Mitch should be coming off bench and be on minutes restriction. He need to get his timing back and in game shape.

That Second unit is gonna be a bitch to deal with....

Deuce
Burks
Mitch
JoshHart
Bogs
Precius

11 deep? Thibs not doing that. But he can.

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/JoshHart/Deuce
iHart/MitchRob
Randle/Prec
OG/Josh/Bobs

Burks likely out. Would not be surprised if Shake gets a fair shake.

DLeethal

3/19/2024  11:30 AM
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

I think we all a bit asleep on how good Jarret Allen is except when he is being groped by MitchRob.
Im enjoying the ride. My hope is Randle can return to some form but I have little confidence it will hold up.
As for OG, seems he had a moment and perhaps inflamed a tendon? Knicks usually don't say **** but did offer the MRI was clean. Good sign.
Given our road trip success I suspect we mail it in vs Denver and not over play our guys. Game is not until Thursday.
Mitch should be coming off bench and be on minutes restriction. He need to get his timing back and in game shape.

Deuce
Burks
Mitch
JoshHart
Bogs
Precius

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/JoshHart/Deuce
iHart/MitchRob
Randle/Prec
OG/Josh/Bobs

What the Cavs and Knicks are proving is that your defense can carry you when your stars get hurt. If you don't have an elite defense, when your stars get hurt you are F'ed.

Nalod
USA
3/19/2024  11:40 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Deuce
Burks
Mitch
JoshHart
Bogs
Precius

Brunson/Deuce
DDV/JoshHart/Deuce
iHart/MitchRob
Randle/Prec
OG/Josh/Bobs

What the Cavs and Knicks are proving is that your defense can carry you when your stars get hurt. If you don't have an elite defense, when your stars get hurt you are F'ed.

Lavert and Garland is still a pretty good backcourt.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/22/2024  7:36 AM
a 3 and 1 road trip apparently was not enough to keep us in 4th. Folks here angling for certain match ups.

if we end up healthy and lose to Orlando in the first round, I will be disappointed.

First Round Matchups

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy