[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

we really have a problem @3
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/24/2004  10:51 PM
for those of you who say this is just a slump for tt ad nausem, let me direct your attention to his absolute selfish play @ the dn of the half when the knicks were making a run. right there that is tt.

i believe we should start the JYD @3 and let tt start the game on the bench until he starts getting it-playing basketball the right way. we may lose a little bit off the bench but i think cutting down all those mistakes and having a tough team player is the way to go.

to me the guy has earned a seat on the bench and jyd has earned the right to start IMHO.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/24/2004  10:59 PM
I think we should let collins low bridge him again, throw beer on him, and won't have to pay his sorry ass when he kick boxes Jasons wife and little boy.

Gay-z is as Gay-z does.

Can't even trade is sorry ass.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2004  11:00 PM
It's hard to know what to do with TT because we don't know what the problem is. Isiah and Lenny should be talking with him (and maybe they are) to figure out what's going on.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/24/2004  11:07 PM
ABTT

Anybody but TT.

diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/24/2004  11:19 PM
I totally agree with having JYD in the starting lineup as our SF. The Knicks currently doesn't have an identity, and it is mainly because we have no one in our starting lineup who is willing to bring the intangibles that a player like JYD can. Our team has a habbit of starting very slow, with JYD in that lineup, that wouldn't be the case. Now that TT is in a serious FUNK, Lenny needs to stop waisting time. Tonight, TT's stats were extremely aweful. Granted that he didn't take that many shots, but he didn't rebound nor play defense. The time has come for Lenny to stop b.sing with TT... He is lobbying to be benched, but Lenny has yet to recognize that.
The true Knickabocker..........
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
11/24/2004  11:59 PM
but jyd isn't a SF. You need offense at that position. Nazr and Kurt aren't dominate enough. Ahhh maybe it'll work...anything right now is better than TT
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

11/25/2004  12:17 AM
RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON RON
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/25/2004  12:56 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

for those of you who say this is just a slump for tt ad nausem, let me direct your attention to his absolute selfish play @ the dn of the half when the knicks were making a run. right there that is tt.

i believe we should start the JYD @3 and let tt start the game on the bench until he starts getting it-playing basketball the right way. we may lose a little bit off the bench but i think cutting down all those mistakes and having a tough team player is the way to go.

to me the guy has earned a seat on the bench and jyd has earned the right to start IMHO.

I'm with you. Let him work out of his slump from the bench -- and in practice.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
11/25/2004  9:22 AM
Agreed. JYD is clearly outplaying TT, and Lenny did promise to play the hot hand.
matt
Member: #487
USA
11/25/2004  9:38 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

but jyd isn't a SF. You need offense at that position. Nazr and Kurt aren't dominate enough. Ahhh maybe it'll work...anything right now is better than TT

But since TT isn't bringing any offense at all, start JYD for his defense. I think Tim isn't making friends on the starting lineup, you saw the expression Crawford had at the half when he was wide open so I'd start JYD
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
11/25/2004  9:44 AM
Ariza. So what if he's a rookie. Get his energy and movement in there, not to mention he's tenacious on D and pretty fearless around the rim. plus I love the way he looks to make passes. I know he's raw, no J, rookie mistakes, all that - so what? Give him a go.
MaTT4281
USA
11/25/2004  9:49 AM
Posted by Marv:

Ariza. So what if he's a rookie. Get his energy and movement in there, not to mention he's tenacious on D and pretty fearless around the rim. plus I love the way he looks to make passes. I know he's raw, no J, rookie mistakes, all that - so what? Give him a go.

I would love him in there, but we gotta resign him first.
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/25/2004  9:52 AM
Start Penny there. Use Brewer as the exclusive backup PG (even though has absolutely no offensive game)
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
11/25/2004  10:10 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:

It's hard to know what to do with TT because we don't know what the problem is. Isiah and Lenny should be talking with him (and maybe they are) to figure out what's going on.

hard my azz.......bench da bum
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
MaTT4281
USA
11/25/2004  10:15 AM
FAMILY TRAGEDIES TORMENT TIM THOMAS

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Thomas finds himself surrounded during last Friday nights 103-101 loss in Dallas AP
Email Archives
Print Reprint

November 25, 2004 -- TORONTO — The Garden boos don't hurt Tim Thomas. He's been through too much during a summer of family tragedy.
Within a span of three days in August, his sister, Amanda, died of a stroke, and his cousin perished in a motorcycle accident.

"Put this together, I had to go to two funerals within a weekend," Thomas told The Post before last night's 114-91 loss in Toronto. "I'm getting prepared for the season, running hills, and to have that happen within three days of each other, it was the worst blow ever for me."

A still-shaken Thomas is off to his worst start, shooting 31 percent, with every clanked shot greeted by boos at the Garden. Thomas said he's had trouble focusing on the court, but his brain is starting to clear, though he had another quiet four-point night in the 23-point loss.

His responsibilities now include taking care of his young nephew and niece. To boot, Thomas' mother underwent surgery earlier this week.

Of the boos, Thomas said, "It's not tough at all compared to what I've been going through.

"I thought everything happening, coming in, being able to play basketball, I thought I'd be able not to harp or think about what's going on. But it's been very difficult. Not to use that as an excuse, but it's been difficult. I'm going to try to do my best."

Thomas, before facing Vince Carter last night, spoke with great emotion, showing none of the bravado from last playoff spring when he was ready to fight Kenyon Martin. He said his wife also has been "up and down" because of the tragedies and new responsibilities.

"It's one of those things, I've never been through it," Thomas said. "I never thought anything like this could happen. I'm trying not to show too much emotion. But holding it in is kind of a bad thing."

Thomas' shot is wayward, but Lenny Wilkens said the forward was playing better. Thomas had been defending his man, getting rebounds, trying to pass the ball.

"Overall, he's starting to relax; he was pressing earlier," Wilkens said. "What he realizes, he's got to do other things than score. He's starting to do that. I think it's in his head [his shooting woes]."

Thomas said he believes only now is he able to hone in fully during games. Last week, he had to miss practice because of a family issue.

"Mentally I thought I'd be OK as far as being able to go out and not think about it," Thomas said. "But I've never been in that situation for 27 years of my life. Everything has been nothing but happiness, but to actually lose two people I was really close to, having to come into the season, it was difficult.

"I have to continue to play through it. I feel better about a whole lot of things other than basketball. It's been a long, dreadful start for me."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/32207.htm
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
11/25/2004  10:23 AM
I just read that. Puts things in perspective. I do blame him for not asking for time off and killing the team by playing. But at the same, I *probably* would have killed him for taking time off. It must be tough on him. I apologize for some of the bashing.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/25/2004  10:25 AM
Posted by MaTT4281:

FAMILY TRAGEDIES TORMENT TIM THOMAS

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Thomas finds himself surrounded during last Friday nights 103-101 loss in Dallas AP
Email Archives
Print Reprint

November 25, 2004 -- TORONTO — The Garden boos don't hurt Tim Thomas. He's been through too much during a summer of family tragedy.
Within a span of three days in August, his sister, Amanda, died of a stroke, and his cousin perished in a motorcycle accident.

"Put this together, I had to go to two funerals within a weekend," Thomas told The Post before last night's 114-91 loss in Toronto. "I'm getting prepared for the season, running hills, and to have that happen within three days of each other, it was the worst blow ever for me."

A still-shaken Thomas is off to his worst start, shooting 31 percent, with every clanked shot greeted by boos at the Garden. Thomas said he's had trouble focusing on the court, but his brain is starting to clear, though he had another quiet four-point night in the 23-point loss.

His responsibilities now include taking care of his young nephew and niece. To boot, Thomas' mother underwent surgery earlier this week.

Of the boos, Thomas said, "It's not tough at all compared to what I've been going through.

"I thought everything happening, coming in, being able to play basketball, I thought I'd be able not to harp or think about what's going on. But it's been very difficult. Not to use that as an excuse, but it's been difficult. I'm going to try to do my best."

Thomas, before facing Vince Carter last night, spoke with great emotion, showing none of the bravado from last playoff spring when he was ready to fight Kenyon Martin. He said his wife also has been "up and down" because of the tragedies and new responsibilities.

"It's one of those things, I've never been through it," Thomas said. "I never thought anything like this could happen. I'm trying not to show too much emotion. But holding it in is kind of a bad thing."

Thomas' shot is wayward, but Lenny Wilkens said the forward was playing better. Thomas had been defending his man, getting rebounds, trying to pass the ball.

"Overall, he's starting to relax; he was pressing earlier," Wilkens said. "What he realizes, he's got to do other things than score. He's starting to do that. I think it's in his head [his shooting woes]."

Thomas said he believes only now is he able to hone in fully during games. Last week, he had to miss practice because of a family issue.

"Mentally I thought I'd be OK as far as being able to go out and not think about it," Thomas said. "But I've never been in that situation for 27 years of my life. Everything has been nothing but happiness, but to actually lose two people I was really close to, having to come into the season, it was difficult.

"I have to continue to play through it. I feel better about a whole lot of things other than basketball. It's been a long, dreadful start for me."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/32207.htm

Every man women and child has those types of problems in life--they are inevitable. if he feels that it is hindering his play, he should volunteer to sit.
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/25/2004  1:04 PM
we have seen Tim slump, but he's never had a stretch like this in his career. What he should do is take a leave of absence to get his head on straight. Take a month off, go be with you family, get centered. He's totally unfocused. His body is going through the motions but his mind is somewhere else.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
franco12
Member: #599
USA
11/26/2004  1:18 PM
I don't think its the worse thing to have him come off the bench- if he doesn't want to be away from the team- and being around others and 'working' might help him deal- but have take some pressure off him-

start Ariza or JYD depending on matchups and have TT be one of the first two off the bench
matt
Member: #487
USA
11/27/2004  7:59 AM
I think he should be smart and sit down for a few weeks to get his head together. Otherwise he is just hurting the team.
we really have a problem @3

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy